THE GOOD SISTER

بواسطة ANNwithnoE

Richard Faulkner, Jr. and Madeline "Dei" Mendez have been best friends since college, with a hint of somethi... المزيد

Chapter 1 - Ampersand
Chapter 2 - Ellipsis
Chapter 3 - Sidebar
Chapter 4 - Backslash
Chapter 5 - Flush
Chapter 6 - Dagger
Chapter 7 - Justify
Chapter 8 - Leading
Chapter 9 - Typo
Chapter 10 - Corrigendum
Chapter 11 - Rough
Chapter 12 - Stet
Chapter 13 - Callout
Chapter 14 - Kerning
Chapter 15 - Bracket
Chapter 16 - Bold
Chapter 17 - Flag
Chapter 18 - Footer
Chapter 19 - Proof
Chapter 20 - Uppercase
Chapter 21 - Subhead
Chapter 22 - Manuscript
Chapter 24 - Bubble
Chapter 25 - Caption
Chapter 26 - Face
Chapter 26B - Face to Face
Chapter 27 - Full Measure
Disruption
Chapter 28 - Display
Chapter 29 - Hyphenation
Chapter 30 - Headline
Chapter 31 - Apostrophe
Chapter 32 - Justify
Chapter 33 - Italics
Chapter 34 - Cross-Reference
Chapter 35 - Abstract
Chapter 36 - Margin
Chapter 37 - Flush and Hang
Chapter 38 - Brace
Chapter 39 - Dead Copy
Chapter 40 - Citation
Chapter 41 - Hard Copy
Chapter 42 - All Caps
Chapter 43 - Edit
Chapter 44 - Quote Unquote
How are you guys?

Chapter 23 - Legend

4.3K 412 51
بواسطة ANNwithnoE

Hello there. Just an update before we go back to work tomorrow. I'll be having only one update tomorrow, but this update will tide you over till tomorrow night, I promise:) 

This update shares with you one of the most memorable events in their relationship, and I hope I did justice to it. After all the pain they went through, I want them to reap the reward they deserve. 

Happiness comes when we least expect it, sometime we think things are over and done with, then the Lord surprises us with his plot twists and all is right again. Enjoy this chapter my dears, till tomorrow :) 

Richard and Dei took the 7:30 morning flight to Evanston, arriving there a little after two hours. They took all their things with them, planning to fly to Manila after three days. Richard's mom booked them at a cozy bed and breakfast near the lake, managed by an old couple.

Their room was spacious with a fireplace, a vintage bathtub and a wonderful view of the lake. Dei was mesmerized by the view, the water looked so serene. She was hugged from behind by Richard, his mouth lingering at her jaw.

"Honeymoon feels, huh?"

"Yes.....it's so peaceful here."

"Dei?"

"Yes?"

"I brought protection."

She felt her face flush, his arms tighten around her. What was she supposed to say to that? She searched her mind for something witty to say but came up with nothing.

"Ok lang kung ayaw mo."

She turned to him and smiled.

"I was just thinking of a witty comeback. Na-blanko ako. You had me at protection."

"Does that mean......"

"Yes. I'm ready, Jay."

"Lika na......"

"Huy! Sandali."

"Mag-brunch! I meant 'lika na mag-brunch. Kain tayo, we left early kanina diba? Ikaw talaga."

"Ako pa ngayon ha."

"Seriously, Dei. This means a lot to me. It feels good to know that you trust me this much."

"I do. So don't break my trust. I know we can't have a perfect relationship, there will be challenges later on, pero kaya natin yon if we help each other."

"Of course. Hinga lang. Wag bibitaw."

They revisited the lake in the afternoon, where they last saw each other before leaving the campus. It was still as beautiful as it used to be back when they were still studying. Dei could not help feeling teary-eyed as she stood there, right in that spot where she was left standing after she told him she would pursue screenwriting.

"Dei.......am I reminding you of sad memories?"

He wiped her tears and cradled her head close to his chest. He also remembered that day, and how hopeless he felt when Dei shared her decision with him. He thought it was the end for them.

"I brought you here to erase those bad memories, Dei. We'll create happier ones, baby. Starting with now."

He took out a box from his pocket and opened it, showing her a beautiful band of stones in gold setting.

"Dei, I hope you'll do me the honor of wearing this ring. It's a sign of my commitment to you, that I will never stray away or make you doubt me. For as long as you're wearing this ring, that's also my assurance that you want me in your life."

Wordlessly, because she was too emotional to speak, she gave him her hand. The ring slipped in perfectly, looking elegant on her slim hand. He looked at her, hair blowing in the wind, admiring her beauty, basking in the glow of her happiness. 

He kissed her hand and held it against his chest.

"Akin ka lang, ha Dei?"

"Same, Jay. Akin ka lang."

She stood on tiptoe to kiss him, and just like before, their tears mingled as they kissed. Her arms reached up to bring him closer, one hand running through his hair, pulling him by the nape. His hands roamed over her back, her sides, stopping at just above her waist, then meeting at the small of her back.

The sun was slowly setting, the leaves rustled and the waters stirred. Dei buried her face in his chest, taking in his scent, saying a short prayer of thanks that finally, things were stable between them. She glanced up at him.

"Jay......"

"Yes, love?"

"I want to go back to our room now."

She gave him a knowing look, and wordlessly, Richard led the way back.

They had a light dinner, some sandwiches and salad. They couldn't look at each other, there was an unmasked need in their eyes that was undeniable. When Richard settled the bill and pulled her up from her seat, their hands were cold and it wasn't because of the weather.

He let her take a shower and freshen up, knowing she was nervous. There was wine in the room and she sipped a little, thankful it was a mild apple wine that was sweet and relaxing. She was seated at the couch that was leaning against the window, looking out at the moonlit lake when Richard got out of the shower. He was wearing a thin white shirt and boxers, she was clad in her satin nightdress and robe.

He approached her and took a sip from her glass. He sat beside her and opened his legs to cage her body inside. He took a whiff of her flowery scent and buried his nose in the crook of her neck and shoulder.

"Do you remember when we first met, Dei? I remember how soft your lips were when I kissed you. Sa classroom pa lang, I already noticed your eyes. Best feature mo yan."

She turned slightly to kiss him. "When you kissed me I wanted to get angry but I couldn't. I felt weak-kneed. Ang lala natin baby, para tayong high school."

"I think God really meant for us to meet, Dei. Kahit na naghiwalay tayo then, we found our way back to each other. Huwag na tayo maghiwalay, ha?"

"Yes, Jay. Tapos na yun. I will never doubt my feelings for you again."

She turned to him and cupped his face with her hands, her mouth touching his. He wrapped his arms around her body and bent backwards, his head leaning against the armrest, her body now on top his.

A/N Follow me to the viewing room, please. But come back here, my dears 😊

------

He woke up in the middle of the night without her at his side. He stood up and saw her typing away on her laptop. He attempted to peek at what she was doing but she closed her laptop and pinched his cheek.

"Bawal....."

"What was that anyway?"

"Wala lang, it was a letter I composed for you. Not yet done."

"Letter? Why would you write me one? Are we separating?"

"No! Ano ka ba? I'm just writing down things I want to say but can't, face-to-face."

"Ang lungkot. Why can't you say it face-to-face?"

"Ang emo eh. Let it rest, baby. When the time is right, I will give it to you."

He didn't know why but he was uneasy about that letter. It was like a sense of foreboding. Even after she led him back to bed, snuggled close to his arms, he felt a shiver of apprehension.

He kissed her with a desperation that scared him.

Not again, Lord. Please don't give her back to me only to take her away from me again.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

96.1K 4.1K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
14.4K 352 26
~~~ "Why are you so afraid to let people close to you?" I ask. "Why do you make it so hard for me to treat you like other girls?" He ignores my que...
14.2M 100K 9
He teases her. He challenges her. He fascinates her while he irritates her like no other. He drives her insane. He makes her...ughh, so mad she could...
91.8K 2K 28
Addisyn and Lavina Ryder are twins, but are completely opposites in character and physical features. While Lavina basks in her thin beauty, Addisyn i...