Chapter 34 - Cross-Reference

Hi there my dears. Hope you guys are feeling good and all set to enjoy the long weekend. I'm glad you guys appreciated the POVs of the four main characters, it's my first time to do that and it's effective pala in making you all understand how the minds of each character works. 

Some still do not get that Kat is not a bad person, but I guess to each his/her own viewpoint. But most of you are a joy to write for because you get what this story is trying to show. I won't say much because I'm still under the weather, just enjoy reading and doing what keeps your boat afloat during this time. 

Thanks for still reading and hope to hear from you as always :)   

Richard's glanced clashed with Dei's and he saw the pain in her eyes. Kat loosened her hold on him and noticed the exchange of looks.

"Ate......."

Dei slowly approached and hugged her sister. That momentary lapse of judgement made her so ashamed of herself. She was glad Kat was ok and safe, proud of Richard that he was able to take isolate Keifer from causing Kat any harm.

"Ok ka na, Kat?"

"Better na, thank you Ate. Jay.......you saved my life."

Kat reached out her hand and Richard took it, squeezed gently and let go.

"San si Inggo?"

Inigo was nowhere to be found.

-----

The shoot was packed up for the day. The crew already left but Kat wanted to stay on because Inigo's stuff was still in the set. All three of them waited for him to come back. By late afternoon he was back, quietly entering the set premises.

"Hi."

"You're still here?"

"I was waiting for you."

"Why?"

"Because......"

Dei and Richard motioned to Kat that they were going ahead. Kat gave a short nod and patted the seat beside her for Inigo to sit. He hesitated, but sat down anyway, though keeping a little distance between them.

"Where did you go?"

"Diyan lang. I took a walk. I needed to clear my head. Kumusta ka na?"

"Better now because you're here. I was worried about you."

"Please don't say things like that. What I feel now is less important. Mas importante na ok ka."

"Inggo, talk to me. Ok na ko."

"Talk about what?"

"There's something bugging you, I can feel it."

"It's petty and it's nothing, Kat."

"But it's eating you up, I can see it in your face."

She scooted closer to him and linked her arm though his.

"Kanina when Dei called and asked me to come down, kinabahan ako. Her voice sounded scared and she told me to tell Jay hindi pa siya makakaakyat. I felt it had something to do with Keifer."

"And you were right."

"Yes. I looked for Jay, I told him what Dei said to me and we went down together. I purposely did not tell you."

"Why? You didn't trust me enough to protect you?"

"No. I knew you had a temper and I was worried you might hurt Keifer enough to kill him. I was also worried that he might hurt you. Kung pwede lang bumaba magisa, I would have done so. But I cannot protect Dei alone. That's also why I looked for Jay."

"It's ok Kat."

"No, it doesn't feel ok."

"Kat..........I know what brought on this talk. You're probably worried about my reaction to you hugging Jay. I'm not angry about that. I understand."

"You understand.....how? That's what worries me. Ano bang pagkaintindi mo sa hug na yun?"

"He saved your life, he put his life on the line when he disarmed Keifer. He could've hurt himself. Once again you owe him something. Of course, you'd hug him."

"I hurt you, didn't I?"

"Kat...............it doesn't matter ok? The important thing is you're ok."

"Wrong. It matters to me. Inigo......love, look at me."

She turned his face to her.

"Do you have any idea how happy you make me? Working with you this past week is amazing. I love your passion and vision. You make me try harder than I ever did in my career. I look at you in action and I tell myself, this man is going to be mine someday."

"Ok na sana.......bakit someday pa? What's wrong with now?"

"I don't want to commit in the middle of all this chaos. Kahit naman hindi ako magcommit, do you see me dating anyone?"

He smiled at that realization. Since he met her, they may have started on the wrong foot, but they were steadily getting closer.

"I want to kiss you right now, Kat."

"Who's stopping you?"

-----

Richard opened the door to Dei's unit and pulled her inside. He knew she had mixed feelings about what happened today. He was worried about how seeing Kat hugging him would make her feel. She was quiet for the rest of their ride back home and he just gave her that quiet time to sort out her thoughts.

He pulled her to his lap as he sat on her couch. She leaned against him and closed her eyes, hugging him close to her.

"Are we cool?"

"Of course we are."

"You're not mad at me?"

"No. I'm actually ashamed of myself."

"Why?"

"I got jealous at a time when I should be thinking of my sister's welfare. How immature of me. It was like my mind went autopilot. I felt cold seeing you hugging each other, regardless of the situation."

"But you do know I was just comforting her."

"Yes. That was clear to me. I just thought I wouldn't get affected, because I trust you both. Seeing you in the arms of someone else, kahit pa sister ko and the situation called for it, ang hirap pala."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"Don't be. She needed you at that time."

"Malapit na birthday mo. I want us to take a trip on your birthday."

"Is that wise? The movie isn't finished yet by then."

"Kahit weekend lang, Dei. Your birthday is on a Friday, we can take 3 days off lang. Please?"

"Where would we go naman?"

"I was thinking Korea or Japan. Or wherever you want."

"Japan."

"Hmmmm, we'll go skinny dipping on those Onsen pools."

"Harot agad nasa isip mo Faulkner."

"But of course, Dei. I can imagine untying the obi of your Kimono and taking that off you, licking you all over before—"

"Jayyyyyyyyy.........stop. Goodness..."

"Is it working? Am I getting you horny?"

"Ewan ko sayo."

His face dove into her neck and nuzzled her.

"Is it working, Dei?"

"E....ewan....koooo..."

His hand stole under her shirt and unfastened the front clasp of her bra. He started kneading her breast.

"Working?" He asked breathlessly.

"Work it," She said, pulling him by the nape to kiss him hungrily.