III: The Redemption (Complete...

By writtenbytee

MUST READ KEEPING SECRETS & THE REVELATION FIRST!! Nothing lasts forever, while somethings never change. Ho... More

Disclaimer
Copyright
Visuals Are Back
1. First Day of School
2. The New Boy In Town
3. Mine
4. Major Changes
5. Friend or Foe?
6. Baby Fever
7. Literally, Lit
9. Family over Everything
10. Movin' On Up
11. You Aint Seen Crazy Yet
12. One Less Thing To Worry About
13. Return to Sender
14: Then & Now
14 & A Half: Revenge
15: Personal
16: Anything For You
17: Beyond What You See
18: Puzzle Pieces
19: Promise to Protect
20: man to Man
21: Should've Been Me
22: A Loss
23: Another Side of You
24: For The Last Time
25: Dove
Epilogue : Lesson & Blessings

8. Fashion Industry

7.7K 438 288
By writtenbytee

Special shout out to x_takecautionn QEmory04 vernikae & feleboo ❤️❤️

Hezekiah Collins

"It's Saturday, you guys can go home for the day." I said to my maids as they finished up their cleaning. They looked at me with suspicion, "I'm serious. Go home!"

"Thank you so much Mr. Collins!" one of the lady said, sweeping the dust into the pan that the other lady held. "God bless."

"God bless you too." I stuffed my hands into my pocket, walking out from the den and into the kitchen. "Good morning son," I yelled purposely slapping Lucas on his back as I entered, he winced at the noise. "Had a little too much fun last night?"

"You think?" he pulled away from me, opening the kitchen and pulling out a carton of milk for his cereal. "That jungle juice was crazy. My stomach was doing numbers this morning."

"Too much information." I hit the button for my coffee machine and leaned against the counter watching him fill his mouth with a spoonful of cereal. "Apart from the fire how good was it? How many shortys were on you?"

"Chill pops, you know you're too old to be saying the word shorty."

"Excuse you? We invented the word story back in my day."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, but to answer your question; I was only there for one."

"Oh, is that right?" I smirked, "we just moved here and you're already feeling someone that much?"

"Yeah... well I was until yesterday at least."

"What changed your mind?"

"I don't know, at first I loved the vibe, not only is she cute but we were talking for hours because I was addicted to learning more of her. Then yesterday came and she pulled this whole mean girls scene in the cafeteria, basically dissing one of the girls in her crew." Lucas filled his mouth with a bit more cereal and shook his head as he chewed. "I was completely turned off but I brushed it off cause I don't know their history, however last night she turned into one of the cockiest girls I had ever encountered, that's when I knew I was done."

"That's teenagers for you Luke, they're weird like that."

"Which is why I need me a fine MILF," he raised his brow looking over at me, "like the one I saw you with last night."

"Yeah?"

"Hell yeah."

"Stay in your lane little boy, a woman like her deserves a classy man."

"I aint classy?"

I tilted my head to the side, picked up a napkin from the table and wiped off his chin that was dripping with milk. "Try again."

"You're dissing! I don't know why you're being selfish anyways, you're a marr-" before he could speak my phone began to ring on the counter. I reached over, examining the number, once I gave Lucas the look he knew it was time to clear the room. I loved my son and the moments we had together, but never would I ever want to mix him in with the business I did.

"Talk to me." I said, resting the phone against my ear with my shoulder as I began to fix my coffee.

"Good morning boss, sorry to bother you on your Saturday but I just have a few updates for you."

"After last nights stunt I don't think I want to hear from you."

"We're sorry. I know you told us not to be messy but we panicked the moment we realized there was a camera in the office."

"Well what the hell did you expect?"

"I don't know, I'm sorry boss."

"You have to be sorry, that was an idiotic move. You're supposed to be procing yourself to me, you want to be apart of the winning side, don't you?"

"Yes sir."

"Then act like it. Do you know who the hell I am? I don't work with rookies."

"I'm not a rookie sir,"

"As far as I'm concerned... you are." I grabbed a seat at my kitchen table and took a sip of my coffee. "How much did you get?"

"30 g's."

"Did you drop it off to the factory as ordered?"

"Yes sir."

"And how much work did you move today?"

"I'm almost done the bag that was given to me. Word on the street is you got the best loud to come to the city."

"Tell me something I don't know." I yawned, and leaned back into my seat. "Anyways, I'll keep working on the wife, mean while you do as much damage to his business as possible as well as, move whatever amount of product that's given to you. I have a new shipment coming from a new business partner in Cleveland so you may be working over time. Is that okay with you?"

"That's fine with me. But may I ask; when I'll be able to leave Zo's crew. It's getting hard having to the juggle the two."

"Listen, I hired you as my inside man for a reason. If you can't handle it... let me know from now!"

"No, no, no. never mind, I'm fine."

"You sure? Cause your boy Ashton looks like he'll be willing to do it without you."

"Nah, I'm good."

"Alright, you know where to go and what to do. Try not to start any more fires. Aiight?"

"Got it, sir and by the way than-." I hung up and rested my phone onto the dining room table. From where I sat, I looked through the floor-to-ceiling windows that lit up the mansion I lived in.

As you can probably already tell, I wasn't the regular drug dealer on the block, I was the one the drug dealers feared. Competition was nothing to me, I kept silent and made my product speak for itself. I had been selling since the age of 13, from the group home I lived in. I worked my ass off from the bottom until I was close enough to the top to take notes to start my own cartel. At first it was rocky, didn't move as much work as I planned but I still did my thing. Worked over time until I made enough connections and started importing some of the best strains of cannabis, as well as the most pure cocaine to ever touch American soil. Word got out and before you knew it, I was on top, becoming one of the best drug dealers in the U.S. not only did I deal to locals, I was importing and exporting to the point where I had border security and members of the U.S. Airmail Post; working for me.

Now here's what makes me different, unlike a lot of men in my field of work; I went to school for business and management. I then proceeded to investing my earnings to keep my hands clean. I put that money right into where I knew I could make double; fashion. I invested in malls, and brands like D&G, Gucci, YSL, Chanel, Balenciaga's, you name it. I invested to the point where I had to make red carpet visits because everyone wanted to know who the man behind these brands were. I now make a dollar out of the fifteen cents I get on the streets, and still keep my name cleared in the process.

"Dad? Still on the phone?" I looked away from the view to see Lucas standing by the door with his bowl in his hand.

"Nah, what's up?"

"Your wife's calling you!"

"Where's she?"

"In her studio."

"Oh boy."

"That's what I said,"

I rose out of my seat and took the last few sips of my coffee before heading down to the basement to where one of my reasons for coming to Canada was working. I had met her a couple years back at a fashion industry business course I was teaching; she was one of the students and I had no business being infatuated with her but I couldn't help myself. Seeing someone so young and dedicated, someone so eager to get their work out of the streets reminded me so much of myself. Not only that but the chemistry was too strong to ignore, I grew to love this woman so much to the point where I said f it and just put a ring on it; someone like this was what you didn't want to lose.

From the sound of the classical music that escaped as I came down the steps I could tell she was in her element. My woman stood in front of a mannequin, staring at one of her pieces with her arms crossed in front of her. "Uh oh, what's the problem now?"

"I don't know... it just doesn't look right to me."

"Honey, it looks amazing." I stood behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. "New York Fashion Week isn't ready for you to take it by storm."

"No. I'm not ready for New York Fashion Week, you mean. This looks horrible." She groaned and threw her head back into my chest. "I'm not ready."

"Baby, I've seen the other pieces. You're beyond ready. Stop doubting yourself."

"I'm trying not to, but it's so hard!" I placed a kiss against her head, then spun her around to look at me.

"Listen, I need you to be confident, I need you to know that you are a smart, intelligent, talented woman that deserves this opportunity just as much if not more than the other designers that'll be there okay?"

"I don't know..."

"You need to know, you've been doing this for years. This is your passion, your calling. Now stop this moping around and finish the masterpiece you've started."

"But Hez-."

"I aint playing with you. Turn around and perfect it."

"Fine," she pouted and looked up at me. "I love you."

"I love you more," I pecked her lips a couple of times before spinning her back around. "But you've gotta get back to work.

"You're right."

I began walking away but before I could get to the stairs I felt my phone vibrate again, I looked over to make sure she was focused before I checked it.

Pharmacy:

Sorry about last night and having to cancel. However, I had a great time running from the fire with you and do hope to do something a little safer with you soon? Let me know if you're down.

P.S. I doubt you'll be getting this warm coat back! :P

I smirked and deleted the message before slipping the phone back into my pocket. "Babe?" I heard my wife call out after me.

"Yes?"

"Are you hungry? I could come up and fix you something to eat."

"No, I'll be fine. Just finish what you're doing."

"Alrighty then!" she waved me off and went back to her work. I got to the top, shutting the door behind me.

Lucas sat in the living room, watching American Dad and scarfing down another bowl of cereal. I plopped down next to him, putting my feet up onto the table. "Let me guess, she needed your approval for one of her outfits?"

"Of course."

"Claudia man, so predictable."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

You Promised By JV

Teen Fiction

1.3K 878 15
How far would you go to keep a promise, while the life you once knew crumbled around you. Do you have what it takes to do what needs to be done? ( Fu...
5.4K 243 33
They're back, Briana, Dreon, Tiana & Tredo. Wanna know how life turned out for them after robbing Kaleb? Curious to know if they ever found out the b...
309K 16.2K 84
WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU HAVE NOT READ "GAME OF DESTINY" ! Trust and intimacy made us one . Love and loyalty kept us together . But some...
792K 23.6K 56
SOBxRBE- Keep It On The Real All Rights Reserved 2018 © I do not own the rights to any song added in the multimedia.