Prince Of The Seas

By KidRockFangirl99

In which, Batman takes Percy in for being a terrorist, Poseidon is a mother-hen, Aquaman is a fanboy, and Wal... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
chapter five
Chapter six

chapter seven

17.7K 433 272
By KidRockFangirl99

In hindsight, it probably would have been better had he not immediately threw a punch at the stranger, as soon as he woke up.

In defence, being grabbed while you're halfway asleep was not a pleasant experience. It probably would have saved his right hand the damages and the slight amount of guilt he felt in that microscopic moment for the unsuspecting person if he had woke himself up... or not fallen asleep at all.

Honestly, he shouldn't have allowed himself to fall asleep after being Percy-napped; it was one of the rules of being kidnapped, obviously. It was too dark to see who received his hit, but whoever they were, defiantly wasn't human; it felt as if he had punched a cave wall.

He didn't know how long he had been there, mostly because he had drifted off soon after he had arrived to.... wherever the Hades this place was. He could barely make out the outline of his own body in the dark. The all familiar frigid cuffs around his wrists failed to bring him any comfort of mind. He didn't yell or scream, he kept quiet even as he heard the shuffling of feet across the ground after nearly breaking his fist. It usually did no good, in these situations, to ask questions and act hysterically.

Percy-nappers had a tendency to eventually word vomit their reasons and ideas for why they chose to commit the infamous crime of abducting the son of the sea; a really dumb idea in his opinion, but he wasn't going to complain. For now, until his percy-napper revealed their 'diabolical' plan along with their identity, he was going to have to battle his ADHD and the terrible boredom that was to follow; He would much rather have someone to talk back to, so he hoped that his abductor came out of the shadows soon before he went mad.

What did normal people do when they got bored? Demigods usually did the courses at camp for entertainment or they requested simply quests from Chiron. The both options was out of the question; the first because he was nowhere near camp, at least he believed so, and the second idea was immediately cut out because he had his fill on doing 'grandiose' quests. Any form of sports was called out because, hello, he was shackled to what he could only assume was the floor. Drawing was a big no, he didn't have any supplies and his artistic skills was ghastly. He wasn't about to dance, as funny as that would be in the dark. His singing skills wasn't as bad but...-

The mischievous intent filling his grin was worrisome.. For his abductors, at least.

"Yo listen up, here's the story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue
Like him, inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window
And a blue Corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
'Cause he ain't got nobody to listen
I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa..."

This song was always stuck in his head, so he was going to do the honors of sharing it with the nice people that captured him. Just when he thought that no one was around to actually listen to his wonderful singing, due to the silence that had stretched on for nearly an hour, before two loud bangs echoed hard. He paused only slightly, before he started back with a slow hum that slowly built back up to the previous loud volume he had accomplished earlier.

"Shut the hell up singing that song!"

The voice was gravely but firm, most definitely male. Percy could feel the immense hatred being forced his way making him smile brightly. He would be nice to his abductors if they didn't like that song. After all, he was well known for being nice.

"I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
I'm a blond bimbo girl, in a fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamor in pink
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky
You can touch
you can play
if you say "I'm always yours"..."

Maybe yelling that songs lyrics wasn't the best idea considering he was a guy, and it sounded more like Barbie was a whore, if going by the lyrics. He racked his brain for another song that usually appeared in his head at the least likely of moments.

"Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein' everything, the time is goin'
Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends
Kickin' in the front seat
Sittin' in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?
It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday..."

He didn't remember if today was a friday, but that was besides the point. He couldn't sing the entirety of a song considering he could barely remember the chorus, but luckily, he had a whole playlist in his arsenal. One way or another, he was going to force the Percy-nappers out of the shadows so he could get some answers.

"Don't let them in,
don't let them see
Be the good guy you always have to be
Suck it up, dont show no fear,
I get kidnapped every year
My dad has a beard

Let Percy go, let Percy go
Can't deal with this shit anymore

Let Percy go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care about your evil plans
Im always fucked no matter where i stand,
Let the storm rage on.
You assholes never bothered me anyway..."

Maybe he should be a song writer because this seemed a whole lot more fun than running all over the states waving riptide around like a lunatic. He highly doubted anyone wanted to hear his version of songs, but he liked his remix version of Let It Go; it was dry humor, but still. There was four more bangs on what he could only assume was the door, it sounded like it was made more of metal than the classical wooden (in case of the mortals) or stone doors (in case of the greek gods). There wasn't any added commentary, sadly. A compliment on his wonderful singing skills or even his awesome lyrics would have been very much appreciated. It wasn't that hard to give someone a compliment, even Kronos could do it.

Percy tried not to think about how his grandfather 'compliment' was more along the lines of the annoyed statement of how hard it was to kill the Son of the Sea.... He would take it what he could. Now that he thought about it, had Zeus ever gave him a compliment? Like a legitimate compliment that wasn't ass kissing for a quest or favor to be done in the past? He shrugged causing his shackles the move noisily in the silence. He continued singing songs, sometimes rearranging the lyrics, for the next few hours. With each note that left his lips, he could feel the atmosphere growing tenser and tenser; whoever was outside the door had to have a breaking point, surely.

Well, he had all the time in the world to find out. However, his brain didn't have the patience to keep up his singing and antics until the percy-nappers decided to actually show their face. He had managed to give himself a headache, not from singing annoyingly loud, but at the failed attempt of studying the area around him. It was too dark to make out anything, so the logical part of his brain said to widen his eyes because that would help his vision become like a hawks... It only felt like his eyes were about to explode from the uncomfortable pressure pounding behind them.

He shifted to a more comfortable position on the floor when his legs started going numb, feeling something thin move in his pocket. Here's the thing, when you're in a dark as hell room and something unexpected is touching you, freaking out seems like the only logically reasonable action to take. His hand shot out before he could think it through and slapped down on where the object had touch his skin. A breath he didn't even know he was holding rushed past his lips. He felt like a dumbass... Not the first time of that either.

It was just Riptide.

To be fair, Riptide never moved like that in his pocket; it didn't matter what flips, turns, dives, or fight he got into, it just didn't happen.

"You little fucker...  scared me shitless." He grumbled as he rolled up into a sitting position with flushed cheeks.

He raised his eyebrows as the door suddenly banged open like it was Mrs. O'Leary when she smells steak.

It had been a while since he had last seen her.

You would think with the door being open some form of light would come through, but... not even dime size glowsticks worth. The Pitch Black of a Bitch Hole: that's where he was. No one was going to convince him otherwise.

"I heard you Greek demigods have quirks, and it use to be amusing, but you have to be the most maddening one I have met yet." This was a different voice from earlier, too deep with a strange accent. "Considering how many of you I have kept as pets... well, color me impressed."

"Color me bored. Do you know how rude it is to keep a captive waiting? Even granddaddy has more respect. That is saying something." He fought back a twitch at the word 'pet' being used to refur to a person. Definitely a maniac, possibly a monster.

He did flinch as the whole room seem to turn blinding with light. "Blind Percy isn't something you would enjoy, Batman." He squeezed his eyes shut as tears burned through his eyelids with wonderful black and purple spots appearing.... would be better if they were blue.

"I can assure you Bat is not a man. She would take quite the offence for mistaken gender. She does love to turn those who insult her in pet cows."

Percy couldn't stop the laugh the bubbled up. He wished Batman was here. He could totally introduce him to his new love interest. Hopefully, this 'Bat' girl enjoys men who kidnaps little boys for dress up. "Really? Sounds like she would get along great with Batman. You just kidnapped me from my kidnappers. You should be apologizing. All that hard work for nothing..."

He blinked a few times to clear his eyes as the figure slowly came more solid looking. "Wow, you have some funky eyes." How very rude Percy. But the eyeballs were weird, especially set in the skull of a human. With no apparent whites of the eyes, and muddy green mixing with piss yellow and unfortunate brown, it distracted from the unnatural slitted pupil. What kind of creature has that eyeball type? "You look like a human T-rex, but you know, without all the scales and mini arms."

The man scoffed and crossed his arms, eyes narrowing. "What a childish being, I would have thought your singing would have gotten the ill manners out of your system."

Percy leaned back against the wall, only allowing his shirt to make contact because, ew, someone needed to power wash the walls. "I am Dam fine artist if I do say so myself. I once moved my Uncle to tears with my music." Granted, it was tears of agony, but this guy didn't need to know that.

"Do you ever shut up?" The man took small measured steps towards him before crouching, "You don't seem to be taking your situation seriously; it would be highly intuitive if you did."

"Didn't understand half of that, but no." Percy stretched his legs out, conveniently bumping into the man's shins. "Out of the many times I have been kidnapped, It never fails for my lovely snatcher to tell me all about their world ending plans and how to achieve them. Evil-doers do love to brag. Now get to bragging."

The silence that seemed to stretch at that was like nails on chalkboard.  Percy hoped the man had actually planned out all his world-ending plans so he could get this all over with. It would be terrible to put the poor guy on the spot.

The ensuing chuckle he got was nearly bone chilling combined with a flash of unnaturally sharp teeth. Yep, definitely a t-rex man.

"Percy Jackson. Son of Greek God of seas-"

"-and storms-" Percy rolled his eyes as he added it in.

"-Earthquakes..-"

"-and horses!"

Unfortunately, the man didn't seem that put off at his interruptions. He was sick and tired of people practically reading out facts about his life. Someone needed to get a life of their fucking own; several someones! That's all the past two days have revolved around!

"I don't want world domination, child. You see, I just want you." Percy tensed at the hand suddenly on his ankle, the grip was like iron. "You escaped my grasp once, boy; twice will not be possible."

If that didn't raise the arm hairs...

"Pretty sure I've never met you before..." Not that he would forget those freaky eyes.

"Technically, yes; you haven't. I'm Am-Heh, and you, little doll, drank from my river."*

Percy felt his brain short circuit. He only ever drank from one river before; the Phlegethon with Annabeth. And that was years ago.

"Gesundheit. And I'm sure you got the wrong guy. I drank from Phlegethon river with another demigod a while back to heal some of our wounds." Which was disgustingly but very necessary.

"No, hunbun. You and some blondie drank from my river exactly three years and four months ago. Phlegethon is on the opposite side of the veil, darling. Did you not notice falling through?"

______________________________

*Am-Heh- A god in the underworld, "devourer of millions" and "eater of eternity" who lived in a lake of fire.

More dialogue than anything, but I figured posting what I've had in my drafts was better than nothing. I may delete this chapter later and rewrite it. I know a lot of people have been wanting an update, but life is in a downward spiral for the past year for me. I miss being able to sit down and write chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 694 15
The Young Justice team is give a mission by Batman to go on an undercover mission at Gotham Academy. Their mission is simple. They have to figure out...
whelmed By kj !!

Fanfiction

377K 10.9K 25
The team has a new mission... Protect Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne from a hunter... And from killing eachother rankings: #1...
114K 1.9K 27
So this is a Percy Jackson,DC crossover where Wonder woman meets Percy Jackson. He has to join the yj team and goes with the hero name Riptide. Disco...
519K 16.4K 61
Fem! Percy x Tim Drake Persephone Jackson or better known as Percy was done with the whole being a "savior of Olympus" so she decides to leave and go...