✧ Lovelorn ✧

By emika_3206

❝If you're reading this, then that means I'm dead❞ Delilah Reverdin, a normal girl, was reincarnated as Clara... More

N o t e
Lovelorn Intro + Otome Dictionary for Dummies
W o r l d ✘ H i s t o r y
W o r l d ✘ M a p
Capture Targets ✘ E n d i n g s
Other ✘ Characters
A r c O n e ✘ The Life of a Villainess
I ✘ Love You
II ✘ Operation Change
III ✘ Friends Don't Steal
IV ✘ Never a Queen
V ✘ PoV of the Villainess
VII ✘ The Taste of Chocolate
VIII ✘ Handmade Apologies
XII ✘ Return to Gardenia
XIII ✘ A Peaceful Life
XIV ✘ Sister from Hell
XV ✘ Brother in Law
XVI ✘ Engagement
XVII ✘ Precious Person
XVIII ✘ PoV of the King
XIX ✘ Three Murderers
XX ✘ Your Help
XXI ✘ Best Friend
XXIII ✘ Meet Timmy
XXIV ✘ Difficult
XXV ✘ A name
A r c T w o β₯β₯β₯ N e w G a m e
Elena Margavine ✘ SPINOFF
Elena Margavine X Spinoff pt.2
XXVI β₯β₯β₯ Initiation pt.1
XXVII β₯β₯β₯ Initiation pt.2
XXVIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep1-Let's Get Along
XXIX β₯β₯β₯ Ep2- The New Queen
XXXβ₯β₯β₯ Ep3- Hope
XXXIβ₯β₯β₯ Ep4- Never Enough
XXXII β₯β₯β₯ Ep5-The Life of Professor De Verde
XXXIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep6- My Delilah
XXXIV β₯β₯β₯ Ep7- A world without the heroine
XXXV β₯β₯β₯ Ep8- The same shade of blue
XXXVI β₯β₯β₯ Ep9- Monkey and Iceface
XXXVIIβ₯β₯β₯ Ep10- Monster
XXXVIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep11- My Brother is the Main Character
XXXIX β₯β₯β₯ Ep12- Keep Your Secret
XL β₯β₯β₯ Ep13- So Different
XLI β₯β₯β₯ Ep14- He's not that bad?
XLII β₯β₯β₯ Ep15- Uniform
XLIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep16- My Future
XLIVβ₯β₯β₯ Ep17-The world is out to get me
XLV β₯β₯β₯ Ep18- You don't need to remember me
XLVI β₯β₯β₯ Ep19-You'll always have me
XLVII β₯β₯β₯ Ep20- I did the right thing today
XLVIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep21- She doesn't know anymore!

XXII ✘ Ribbon

5.5K 336 238
By emika_3206

💜 | A V A R Y S | 💜

At fifteen years old, Avarys was going mad with all these clothes.

Finding a gift for Clara was sheer torture. It was always testing him to his wits end. For sure finding military formations and solving math equations were easier than finding a gift for his adorable fiancee.

It was more pressure than shouldering a country in the future. Clara Estella Skotadi was the one who moves fashion trends. If she starts wearing violet dresses or high heels, the other nobles would follow suit, buying anything that looks like hers. It was sheer pressure. What if he buys something she doesn't like? What if he buys something tacky?

She'll break off their engagement!

"She won't do that." Amadeus supplied, carrying music sheets and ink bottles in his arms. It was as if his twin read his mind.

"But her 15th birthday's coming soon. I'm dying. This is important Amadeus, it's her debutante ball. I can't mess this up."

"It's scary how you say that with a straight face," Amadeus joked. "Did you find anything? How about just ask the saleslady and buy the most expensive thing here."

Avarys groaned. "It's not like Clara would like anything just because it's expensive." It would be easy if she does though. "You know how she rejected my gifts for four years in a row. You were there."

When Clara turned eleven, she rejected his Diamond Necklace.

When Clara turned twelve, she rejected this beautiful turquoise dress he pre-ordered from another kingdom.

When Clara turned thirteen, she rejected the glass shoes he had especially pre-ordered from one of Gardenia's best craftsmen.

When Clara turned fourteen, he went all out and bought her magic stones. She was flattered although she rejected them again saying it was too expensive and she wouldn't know how to use it.

Clara Estella Skotadi sure knows how to break a man's heart.

On her fourteenth birthday, she got fed up with his antics and told him that if he were to gift her something super expensive again, she'd reject it, again. She told him that it's alright if it's cheap. It's the thought that counts or so she says but she could have at least been specific!

Avarys sighed in defeat. "And all those years, she accepted the music notes you gave her, Margavine's puke of a cake and Andrew's shoe polisher. There must be something very wrong with this world. You know what?- I'm not even going to put in effort this time."

"Well hey, it's the thought that counts," Amadeus shrugged. "Let's find another store." His twin tried to reassure him buy hauling him out of the antique store.

Five stores later and Avarys still has not found anything. He was beyond hopeless at this point and Amadeus was laughing at his misery. He had been used to the smell of female perfume and fluffy skirts its no longer funny. His left eye was twitching in annoyance as the walked around the market streets. People momentarily stopped what they were doing to greet them amicably, because you don't just see royalty everyday.

"Hey Avarys, let's try Margarett's," Amadeus finally made himself useful and pointed at the boutique that his fiancee apparently oh so loves. Avarys remembers he did go there with Clara a few years back. "Clara basically lives there doesn't she?"

Avarys wordlessly entered the botique with a frown. He went through the usual routine, sorting through dresses, jewelry and shoes. It's not as if there's anything here that Clara doesn't own yet. And that's the problem.

"This isn't going anywhere.Can we go home now? Please?" Amadeus said as he boredly sorted out brooches and hair barrettes. Avarys sat on a fluffy stool, running a hand through his pale blonde locks.

"I haven't found a gift yet."

"What do you want to give her then?"

"Something she doesn't own."

"Tough luck brother, she basically owns like everything this store has."

"Then something that reminds her of me." It came out fluidly and Amadeus gave him a weird look.

"Then buy the most expensive thing." Amadeus advised sagely.

He doesn't know if Amadeus basically implied that he was expensive.

When Avarys was about to glare at his bored twin, his eyes caught a display of ribbons. It was that Eureka moment when Inspiration hits and he bolted down the other isle to where the ribbons are.It's probably made of silk and has some sort of wire inside to keep its form. The ribbons come in colors of the rainbow.

He was thinking of giving her either white or violet, but thought against the latter. He almost never sees Clara wear violet as it would probably clash with her blue color scheme. Now he doesn't know much about colors. Avarys thought of white as the safe choice, as she could easily pair it of with anything.

He took off one of the ribbons and held it in his hands, mentally thinking of how adorable it would look on Clara.

"Finally! If I knew you were going to give her ribbons then I would've taken you here five stores ago." Amadeus said in exasperation.

"I'm sure it would look good on her," Avarys smiled lightly, but then it transformed to horror when he looked at his brother. "But what if she owns this already?"

"Your Majesty, are you looking for something in particular?" A kind lady asked with a pleasant smile. She suddenly appeared out of nowhere, probably a saleslady who helps troubled customers like him.

"Does Clara own this already?" He knows that Clara is rather well known in the shopping district. Although she no longer goes into ballistic shopping sprees, she likes to keep up with trends and fashion.

"Oh Miss Skotadi? She hasn't visited for a bit. Not to worry Your Majesty, she doesn't own these ribbons yet. It's a new product." She smiled, like an advertisement.

"Alright, I'd buy this."

"Praise the Lord." Amadeus muttered, having been drained physically and mentally.

"And I'd like to have the other fifty boxes of white ribbons delivered to the castle immediately."

Amadeus facepalmed. "You have no sense of money Avarys."

Avarys looked at him as if he were a fool. "What? It's nice to have extras."

💜💜💜

"Avarys, you aren't supposed to be here," Clara says in a soft voice, dragging him out of the festivities and into a nearby balcony. "Aren't you supposed to be at the military inspection or something like that?" She asked, lips pursed and blue eyes swimming with curiosity.

The balcony air wafted over to them, and her white dress fluttered with the wind. Clara pulled medium length hair back, still frowning at him. "Well, what's your excuse this time Mr. Diatiro?"

Avarys coughed, noticing he was staring for a long time now. "I would not miss my fiancee's birthday for the world now, would I?" He gave a sly grin when he noticed red dust through her cheeks.

"I would understand if it's really important-"

"Nonsense," He cut her off nonchalantly. "Nothing is more important that you Clara."

"Wahhh, enough of your flattery." She immediately turned away from him.

"But I'm not flattering you."

Clara turned back to him, nose flaring and about to counter him but all her words flew away when she saw what's in his hand.

Avarys was holding the white ribbon in his hands, smiling sweetly like the prince he is. He gazed deep into her eyes, noticing her anger faltering. He was using her technique, staring into her eyes and smiling sweetly so that his next words would be like a spell.

"Happy Birthday Clara," He greeted again. Clara was still in a state of shock, probably wonderstruck. "I didn't buy an expensive gift this time. Can I put it on your hair?"

The spell worked. Clara blinked, before nodding absently. Avarys placed the ribbon beneath her hair first, around her head and fastening it at the top like a pretzel. He smiled at his handiwork.

"You look good in my colors. It suits you," He grinned, and Clara to her horror, realized that she was wearing all white now, different from her usual ensemble of all blue. White complemented her hair and eyes perfectly, and now topped off with a white ribbon, she looked ethereal.

A conflicted look suddenly flashed through her face, and Clara pushed him away in a heartbeat. Her eyebrows clashed, and she was scowling horribly in an instant.

"I don't get you!" She shrieked, covering her ears with her hands. "Why- Why do have to be so nice? You're confusing me Avarys."

He blinked. He thought she liked his gift a while ago.

"What are you saying Clara?" He asked, in a calm voice. He held her arms to steady her, so she'd stop covering her ears.

"You- we're not supposed to be like this- I mean, you're supposed to hate me!" She spat out, looking him in the eyes. Crystalline tears were running down her cheeks and her lips were trembling. She sniffed loudly, turning away from him. "And you're not even supposed to be here."

Had she always thought like that?- For the last five years, for lack of better words, he had been the one pushing himself on her that it's embarrassing. Looking back on all the times he looked forward to Duke Lidius' visit in the castle (because Clara might come with him), all the times he sporiadically visits her - How could she think he hates her? That was so far from the truth. Does he need to spell it out for her?

Rather. Clara's been the one who's distant since her fever a few years ago. Thinking like that , wasn't Clara the one who hates him?

"I don't hate you," He whispered softly, while taking out his handkerchief and wiping her tears.
"I could never hate you."

She sniffed once again, face contorting horribly. She took his hanky and blew on it. Avarys could only laugh because Clara can be quite silly some times.

Avarys hating her- what a joke!

"Hey," Clara suddenly called out, eyes puffy red. She was waving his handkerchief, and the crudely embroidered sword, which looks a lot like a banana, was glaringly evident. "You kept this garbage?"

"Don't call it garbage," He countered, frowning lightly. "It's my treasure."

"Treasure?" She echoed. "But why?"

"Do you even need to ask that?" He shrugged, leaning back on the banister. Blonde locks fell to his face, and he brushed it back with his left hand. "It's because you gave it to me. Proof of our friendship, right?- I don't get why you only notice now. I always use it."

Her face colored a beautiful shade of red. She looked at the handkerchief she'd sewn a few year ago as if it's the only thing in the world. "And I blew on it. Oh my god this is so embarrassing. I'm sorry, I'll have it washed then returned immediately."

There was slamming of doors and Avarys peered down from his perch on the balcony. In the gardens, out walked his cousin, Adrien Rosemond, who's red hair was flaring in the midst of the Skotadi blues. A few seconds later, perfect Elena Margavine in yellow ballgown followed suit, and she seems to be saying a few things that Avarys can't hear. She reached a hand out to the Rosemond, who roughly shoved her away. Avarys tore his gaze away from the scene.

It seems like he'd seen something he shouldn't have.

Clara was still staring at his handkerchief. It looked as if she hadn't noticed the fight below them. A gust of wind flew past them again, and she shivered. It's getting awfully chilly since it's almost winter. Clara's birthday is in the 25th of Fall.

What broke the silence was Elena Margavine's distinct shriek. Clara was about to peer down the banister, and that's when he decided to act fast.

If anything, Margavine will thank him later for distracting Clara.

Avarys threw his arms around her shoulders and hugged her lovingly. He settled his chin on the crown of her head. He liked their height difference, and he liked being taller than her. Needless to say, Clara didn't protest since she was used to instances when he acts affectionate. He felt her arms wrap around his waist, and blue eyes looked up at him curiously.

"But Elena," She muttered. "I heard her scream."

"Another fight with my cousin again, probably." Because that's all those two seem to be doing these days. Fighting.

"You know something?" Clara tilted her head to the side lightly.

"I know enough. Margavine doesn't tell you?" He asked, then he remembered his talk with Margavine.

"Elena doesn't say much about Rosemond. Care to share?"

(Don't you dare tell Clara. Elena Margavine warned.)

"Maybe if you kiss me, I'll tell you."

"No."

"Then, let's head back inside," Avarys shrugged. When you get rejected like one hundred times a day, it doesn't hurt all that much anymore. Fufufu~ "Ask Margavine or something. She's you're best friend isn't she?" He stressed the best friend part menacingly. That title was the only thing keeping Elena painintheass Margavine from being buried six feet underground.

"What's with you?" She asked.

"Nothing much, but I think we should head back now," He grinned, before brushing her bangs and kissing her forehead. "As much as I want to be alone with you, birthday girl, you still have lots of guests to greet." And Duke Lidius would not like it if they were away for a suspiciously long time

She blushed a darker shade of red, before nodding numbly. He was the one to drag her back to the party this time.

Back at the party, Elena Margavine immediately chirped up when she saw Clara. Elena Margavine was noticably alone, and he remembered that she did have quite the ugly argument with his cousin a while back.

Before he leaves Clara with her, he bumped her left shoulder. He was glaring while smiling at the same time.

"Oh, I'm sorry Margavine." He apologized, although the apology was soulless. It was to remind her that she has to tell that to Clara eventually.

(I hope you are not using her Margavine. You'll regret it. He threatened.)

"It's alright Your Majesty." She affirmed, with a smile of her own that was soulless.

(I'm not. If anything, you're the one who's using her, right Prince Avarys? Elena smirked, eyes narrowing lightly.)

Clara only looked at the two of them, tilting her head to the side.

She wonders how the two seem to be threatening each other while smiling.

(You're wrong Margavine. I'm not using her. Clara... I need her. Get your facts straight.)

tbc.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Eyo mika here~~
So thank you guys for being super supportive! So this weekend has been really happy for me. I passed university exams! Bwahahahahaha. Thank you again I just noticed we had hit 1K votes and reached #50 in Fantasy yesterday. Thank you so much guys for being so awesome and crazy supportive. I love you lots!!!!!!! Hope you're all having a great day ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

so uhm, like finally. This was the ribbon chapter that I accidentally published back then nyahahaha. Ya'll can see it now♡♡♡
Lots of Love, Mika♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 19.1K 47
When I found the newest Otome game by the famous game company Hugot7, I was crying tears of joy. It was utterly beautiful, the scenery, the kingdoms...
1.1K 43 10
I had a good life. I had a stable job at a famous cafe, and, met someone who I wanted to live the rest of my life with... But I was run over by a car...
1.4K 97 11
Walking on your home from your shift while playing your favorite otome game,you get dashed by a car only to end up in the game as an extra life. You...
439K 13.3K 29
My blood bride, my love, is my everything. When her blood soured, I refused to accept the end of us. I would find a way. I held out for as long as I...