The courting

By MeineKeime

Harry Potter, son of Lily and James Potter, half blood wizard. Or not? It's two weeks before Harry's 17th bi... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1. The truth
Chapter 2. The inheritance
Chapter 3. The meeting
Chapter 4. Heka
Chapter 5. The feather
Chapter 6. The second meeting
Chapter 7. Bet you didn't see that coming
Chapter 8. The day after and a talking cookbook
Chapter 9. The invitation
Chapter 10. Dancing, dancing and more dancing
Chapter 11. The ball
Chapter 12. Periods and tea
Chapter 13. The questionnaire
My answers to the questionnaire
Chapter 14. That was quick!
Chapter 15. A shopping trip with a twist
Chapter 16. George and Fred
Chapter 17. Snape, Snape, Severus Snape DUMBLEDORE
Chapter 18. A great secret revealed
Chapter 19. Revenge!
Chapter 20. Christmas morning and a nervous Charlie
Chapter 21. Toppy
Chapter 22. Dates and headlines
Chapter 23. Spaghetti and cheesecake
Chapter 24. 'I do' s and special guests
Chapter 25. An interview and the truth
Chapter 26. House visits
Chapter 27. The attack
Chapter 28. The rescue crew
Chapter 29. The princess
Chapter 30. A master vampire and a family's magical core
Chapter 31. The golden trio
Chapter 32. The fall of the Order
Chapter 33. Meeting the family
Chapter 34. The last challenge
Chapter 35. And the winner is?
IMPORTANT
Chapter 36. The death of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbeldore
Q&A
Aaaaaand I was tagged...
Chapter 37. The first night at his place
Chapter 39. A steamy night
Chapter 40. A bun in the oven
Epilouge. 19 years later
Remus Oneshot

Chapter 38. The wedding

22.1K 730 174
By MeineKeime

Harry POV

"Neville, this can't happen now!" It was the day of my wedding. I was in the ballroom together with Neville and my grandmother, and my dress ripped!
"Calm down Harry, I'm gonna fix it!" Neville tried to calm me and sewed the ends of my ripped back together with a spell. 

"How is my hair?" I asked my grandmother. "Harry, you are gorgeous. Your hair is perfect, your dress is perfect. Your man is waiting outside for you. You just need to calm down and when you father comes, we can go and you can marry the man of your dreams!" Grandma said and made me sit down.
I had my hair curled and pinned up, and my gown was big and still thin, so I won't get overheated now in June. The top part of the dress had lace on it, and I felt so pretty!

I wasn't even scared that Draco won't like it, because he had seen the dress already. I looked at my engagement ring in my left ring finger and tried to calm my racing heart.
Even when we had been 'dating' only for ten months, I knew that Draco was the man for my life.

I heard a soft knock on the door and Jordan and Paul came in. They were both shy creatures, and they had bonded quickly when they met.
They were my bride's maids (bride's men?), together with Neville, who was my maid (man) of honor. 

"Sorry for being late, we were... held back." Jordan whispered and I chuckled, seeing the hickeys on his neck. Paul had some too, and a bite. Their mates were possessive men, and they liked to show what belonged to them.
"You are sooo pretty!" Paul said and touched my dress. 

I was about to tell them to sit down, when the doors were pushed open again and my father came in.
"Harry, we can start." he said and helped me up. Here goes nothing. My heartbeat became faster again, and made one step after the other slowly.
I gripped my father's arm and had him lead me out of the house and into the backyard. 

I had asked the Veela-council to not come, they had a lot to do, and I wanted only friends and family to be present.
We had entered the backyard, and I could see the fire the seers had made. 

Our group made our way along the path between the flowers mother cared for so much. I gripped my father's arm tighter.
"Everything is okay Harry." he reassured me. We reached the aisle. And there stood Draco, next to the priest, eyes wide. Next to him were Blaise-his best man-, George and Fred, Charlie and Jackson as his groomsmen. 

But at the moment, I didn't care for them, my eyes were on Draco.
Before I had realized it, I stood in front of Draco, and father gripped my hand. He slowly passed me on to Draco, whispering into his ear: 

"If you dare hurt my baby, I will come and kill you myself, Malfoy." 

Draco chuckled and took my hand, light squeezing it.
The ceremony was great. 

Wait, scratch that. 

I have no idea how the ceremony was, because I was too occupied starring into Draco's grey eyes.
They were so full of love, I was so lost that he had to squeeze my hands to get my attention when it was time for the vows. 

"In the name of magic, I, Lord Draco Malfoy, take you, Lord Harry Morvolo Prince-Gaunt, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

"In the name of magic, I, Lord Harry Morvolo Prince-Gaunt, take you, Lord Draco Malfoy, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

Stella brought us our wedding rings, and I slipped the bigger one onto Draco's finger, and he slipped the smaller one on my ring finger, replacing the engagement ring.

"You may kiss the bride." 

I threw my arms around Draco's neck and we shared a loving kiss, full of admiration for each other.
While we kissed, the seers stormed in to perform their ritual.

My husband put his arms around my waist while we watched the colorful spectacle.
"A great future!" Luna screamed at us. I felt Draco kiss my neck.
"Did you hear, a great future." he whispered and I nodded. 

Our parents were making hundreds of pictures, and we had to do a lot of talking (well, Draco had too, he is used to it!).
"Buffet?" I asked after the last chat.
"I am starving, my wife. Do we want to cut the cake?" I nodded my head enthusiastically. 

Draco had made a big mystery around that cake, and I wanted to see it finally! We went inside the ballroom, where they had put away all the stuff from before and put up the buffet, the cake in the middle. 

And it was so beautiful!
It was a four-layer cake, with pastel pink frosting and marzipan flowers on it! 

I gave him a big smooch. the cake was perfect. "Do you want to cut it or stare?" Draco asked me teasingly.
"Cut, cut!" I chanted and went to grab the knife. 

Draco grabbed the handle with me, cutting the cake slowly, our guests around us. I put the piece of cake on a plate and picked up two forks.
"Don't you dare smash it into my face, I spent three hours on my make-up." I dared Draco and gave him a fork.
"Never, love." he answered, putting some cake on his fork and feeding it to me, as I was doing to him. 

The cake was as good as it looked.
I didn't want to eat too much, we still hadn't danced! 

The catering team started to push the tables with the food aside, so that there was enough room for us to dance. And the second the orchestra was ready, my father stood behind me.
"Harry, are you ready for the dance?" he asked me, gripping my hand, and I nodded, leaving my husband behind. 

As per tradition, the first dance was reserved for the father. I had decided to dance the same dance as the one we danced on the Halloween ball.
But now, after a tremendous amount of dancing lessons, it was a lot easier. When we had finished, father had pulled me to him. 

"And don't forget, we will be there for you, forever Harry." he whispered, kissing my temple.
"I know father. I won't forget, and don't you dare think I will be out of your hair now because I am married."
Draco had waited patiently for our little conversation to stop. But when he saw us separate, he asked me for the next dance, and I was glad to accept. 

The celebration went on for the whole day, until evening, where Draco apparated us to our new home.

A/N: So Harry and Draco are married! Just so you know the next chapter will be private. (I mean HONEYMOON)

Don't forget to tell me how you liked it, and leave a comment!

MeineKeime

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 632 111
⋆⭒˚。⋆BOOK 1 OF 3⋆⭒˚。⋆ What if Harry and Draco weren't enemies because of a rejected friendship or jealousy? What if it was because they both fell for...
110K 3.1K 19
It is after the war and Draco finds himself in a tough place, you see he just found out he was a veela. Although some can tell with his light blonde...
255K 7K 18
When Draco realizes that he's part veela, what will that mean for him and his life? After finding his mate in one Gryffindor princess, his life take...
75.5K 2.3K 12
Summary: On Harry's sixteenth birthday, two weeks after he moved into his new home with Sirius and Remus in the countryside Harry comes into his Magi...