Souls for Satan

SianaghGallagher által

COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon wit... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 8

35.8K 2.3K 1K
SianaghGallagher által

Are you enjoying the story so far? I'm loving the different characters and I feel like I have a lot to play with, in terms of their differences. Thank you so much for your support! :)

- Sian

The way in which an angel travelled is completely different to a Demon's. They are much faster and smoother. Kaiden had barely any time to think, but he appreciated the new experience.

Only seconds went by until they landed heavily onto a grey concrete ground. Milokan rolled twice until Kaiden's heavy body squished him. He groaned and pushed against his chest.

"Get off!"

The demon got up at once. He was not fond of awkward situations.

To distract his mind, he looked around. His cold amber eyes didn't bother to check on the angel, he was more concerned about the fact that they were still inside.

"What the hell angel?" He growled. "And how dare you touch me!"

"I have a name," He sighed and climbed to his feet when he could breathe normally. His head was throbbing from his injury. "It's-"

"Shut up." Kaiden walked to the end of the corridor and tried the handle. Of course, it was locked.

"It is not my fault you are too heavy."

"Are you insulting me?"

"No, look at you. you are not exactly my size."

Kaiden watched him out of the corner of his eye.

"What are you like three foot tall? And don't they have a gym in heaven?"

"Actually, I am five foot and three inches tall. And we- what is a gym?" Milokan's eyes took a generous amount of time to scope the demon's muscular body.

"Lucifer likes his demon's to be strong." He turned and crossed his arms, showing the angel just how muscular his arms really were. "Look at me like that again and I will rip your eyes out."

Milokan clenched his jaw but diverted his gaze.

"Do you always have to be so graphic?"

"Only to the people who I hate the most."

The angel turned so he could express a deep frown. He could not wait to be out of the presence of such a degrading being.

He spotted a door on the left wall and one at the end of the corridor. Instead of turning to face Kaiden, he started walking towards one, seeing if there was a way out. He couldn't fly with someone else, not when he was injured.

"Stop," Kaiden hissed when he heard voices. Milokan noticed that the door on the left was open, leaving a small crack for the sounds to reach their ears. He recognised it as Sally's and felt the anger emitting from the demon.

"Do not do anything yet, let us listen, they might reveal-" He froze when a big hand covered his mouth and the back of his head was pushed against a strong chest. Kaiden leant down, he was much taller than the angel.

"How dare you give me orders."

Milokan flinched when he felt his breath against his earlobe. Unlike his hand, his breath was warm. The demon lifted his head when the voices grew louder. He didn't release the angel and instead stepped forwards and listened.

"I've heard nothing, I don't know what's going on." Sally's voice was angering Kaiden.

"Then maybe you made a mistake. How do you know that this is the couple everyone is talking about?"

Kaiden saw a shoe which was scuffed at the front. The man in the suit was in this room, he could not wait to give him a slow and painful death.

"We had inside information. The angels know about the young angel, he wasn't abandoned for no reason. Milokan's superior angel is the one who told us about his fate. She left him on purpose, knowing the demon wouldn't have a chance to kill him because I saved him."

The demon felt the resentment, but he too was surprised by this news.

"You're too full of yourself Sally. You did nothing but get yourself on the demon's hit list."

"I'll kill him before he kills me."

"If you kill him, the angel will surely die. They are such an important part of history and you're messing with it like a child. How in the world did you get employed?"

Milokan watched Sally lower her head. His heart was almost jumping out of his chest.

The angel of a higher power, who was teaching him how to be a suitable guardian angel, was working with humans?

"Sir, I captured them both. I-"

"I don't care what you've done. You need to step back and accept the fact that you are just a human. Those supernatural beings are incredibly important, your jealousy is showing."

Kaiden slowly let go of the angel when his warmth was too much. It was calming his temper and he didn't like it. Milokan was too shocked to stop the demon when he edged towards the door.

"I'm not- oh god!" The fear was visible in her voice. "Sir, they have escaped!"

"What!"

"T-The demon, he's coming for me!"

"Shut up and go find them, right now! We need them in our care, it's the only way we can manipulate the other beings!"

To Kaiden's disappointment, they both hurried out of a door at the end of the room. He hoped they would fall into his path but he wanted to escape more than he wanted to kill, for once.

"I'm leaving. Are you coming?" The angelic voice swayed his trail of thought.

"You have a chance to leave and go to heaven, why are you not doing that?" He questioned.

"Because heaven is corrupt. I think I am finding that out the hard way." Those emerald eyes showed serious sorrow. The demon found it very unpleasant, sadness didn't suit him. "Also, I made you a promise."

Sighing, he gave the angel a shove towards the door.

"Whatever, let's go."

The door they approached looked heavy and strong. The metal was thick and glossy. Milokan pulled the big handle but it was locked too. When he turned, he caught a glimpse of the demon entering the office Sally and her boss had been in.

He was aiming for the door, an exit, just anything to get him outside. He could also just leave like the angel but an unknown force was holding him back. He didn't have wings, he could simply think of a place and teleport to it. Why wasn't he just abandoning his enemy?

He glanced behind him to see the angel looking around. His gaze was so interested in simple human things. He has barely visited earth and is easily fascinated.

"Will you hurry up!"

Milokan jumped and followed his command. Hopefully, he will have the opportunity to learn more about these beings who he spends a lot of time trying to save and to make their souls comfortable in heaven. The more he thought about it, the more he wondered who actually deserved heaven. Each human is sinful in their own discrete way which is clearly recognised by his leader. If rules for them were not so lenient, heaven would be quiet.

When they were through the office, Milokan had to jog to keep up with the demon. He too felt desperate to leave, but rushing their escape could be costly.

"Hold on!" He yelled and reached out. "I have an idea!" When the angel's fingers touched Kaiden's arm, the demon turned and punched him in the face. His anger was resurfaced, he was feeling suffocated by the dark concrete walls.

Milokan turned with such a force that he landed straight onto his chest and hit the front of his head off the ground, unable to catch himself in time. He curled up instantly, holding his throbbing nose with his hands. He cried out in pain and scrunched his eyes shut.

"Why would you do that!?" He whimpered.

Kaiden cracked his knuckles. Why was he so fragile? The tiniest little thing was rupturing his violence, he didn't like feeling out of control. Still, he stood near an angel, one that was hurt by his actions and he cared.

"I-I... you need to learn when to stop. You can't keep touching me all the time!" He breathed and ran a hand through his hair. He could feel stinging on his arm from when the humans tore out his chip. "This was your fault, you know I'm angry and-" When Kaiden next looked down, the angel had gone.

* * * * *

Milokan collapsed when he breathed in fresh air. The temperature was visible. He could only just tell if it was warm or cold; angels don't feel anything on their skin apart from the shine from the moon and the glowing from the stars. It was night time and it was raining quite spectacularly. He could barely hear himself think, the splatters were heavy and soaking him. It was washing away the blood from his nose but unfortunately, it did not wash away his pain.

How did he get himself into this mess? He was taught in heaven that demons are untrustworthy, spineless and cruel creatures that will show no mercy. Kaiden expresses all of those qualities, but he is still different. There is still something within him, something the other people didn't see, but Milokan did.

He gasped when an insufferable amount of pain twinged behind his eyes. His head has been through a lot and he needed an hour or two to rest. Angels do not sleep unless they are injured and need the precious time to recover quickly. Sleeping outside was dangerous, he also felt too weak to fly anywhere.

His clothes clung to his body while questions flew through his mind like a car racing around a track, going around and around. It was making his pain worse.

Why did his superior angel tell the humans about him? Why did they talk about the demon and himself as if there was something to connect them both. How did everyone else know secrets, yet they were not even whispered in his direction. He felt confused, no matter how long he thought about his problems, an answer would never arise as long as he was answering them by himself.

He should have stayed with the demon, but he could not take his abuse. Feeling low about himself would not help his mental state. He has been hurt too much in heaven. A fresh start at healing humans looked like a way out, a way to live. Apparently, some angels are not so lucky, even if they don't deserve it.

He scrambled over to a tilted tree with blurry eyes. His ability to see in the dark was altered and his bones felt heavy. It was like a weight started putting pressure on his shoulders, willing him to fall to the floor. His legs were not much use, they trembled and soon gave up.

Eighteen was young to be abandoned, alone, scared and injured in a place where he had never been. The tears were only expected as he curled up on the woodland floor and felt very sorry for himself. He wished a human would stumble upon him, the angels clearly saw him as nothing worth rescuing. Maybe humans would see him that way too.

A hefty feeling of misery washed over his heart when the sounds of the rain muffled in his ears. He was falling unconscious, his body knew he needed the rest but his head knew this wasn't the right place.

Before he lost all consciousness, a big figure hovered over him and he felt cold hands slide under his legs and his neck. He opened his eyes enough to see a hint of sparkling amber before his mind was lost to the darkness, leaving him vulnerable and unable to protect himself.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

7.5M 77.5K 6
*Book one in the Hell's Company series* Lucifer was the brightest angel in Heaven, But in service of God, he was condemned to darkness. After thousan...
172K 5.8K 46
3rd in devil as of July 9th 2018 62th in heaven as of June 25st 2020 61th in soul as of June 25st 2020 I can't see their faces because the lights are...
75.7K 2.4K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...
14.7M 652K 89
COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an introverted soul, and struggled to communic...