Why ~Zach Herron~

By WhyDontWe_Dolan

*Sequel to I Depend On You* "Iris there's nothing that'll make him feel better. He needs to know the truth ab... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48(Part 1)
48(Part 2)
New Fanfics
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5

15

10.7K 231 101
By WhyDontWe_Dolan

Nicole's P. O. V.

"Perfect! Keep that pose!" The photographer yelled as the camera clicked.

He finished and backed away from the camera and lights, walking over to me and thanking me. I smiled and shook his hand before grabbing my robe and walking to my dressing room.

I passed other models along the way and kept imagining what it'd be like to be a real model. I was only ever in small photo shoots. Very small pictures and very unpopular magazines. I wanted to make it big, but it was taking a long time.

I stripped out of the fancy lingerie and changed into my old, worn out clothes. I went to my mirror and took off the extra pound of makeup I had to wear, then gathered my stuff before walking out.

"You're looking beautiful as always, Nicole," my manager, Carlos, complimented when he found me in the hallway.

"Thank you, but I'm not wearing my usual makeup," I said brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You look beautiful with or without makeup."

"Thank you."

"I actually have something to talk to you about."

"And what's that?" I asked starting down the hall to the exit.

"Your career needs a boost. You're doing an amazing job, but ads in small magazines won't get you to be a super model."

"So what do I need to do?" I asked eager for my career to take off.

"I have a plan. It involves that boy from the band you were telling me about."

"Oh, I don't know-"

"Listen. You move to L. A., and just get some publicity with him. Maybe accompany him to an awards show. Like the Billboards Music Awards?"

"How will I get him to ask me to go?"

"Please don't live up to the model stereotype and be clueless."

"So you want me to somehow get him to fall in love again?"

"It shouldn't be that hard."

"With the way I broke off our little romance, it might be." I sighed.

"Just try. If not, find another way to get a bunch of publicity."

"Okay. I'll go to Los Angeles next week."

"Great."

This was gonna be tough.

Kayla's P. O. V.

My mom wanted to fly to California with me to help me get settled into my apartment. I wanted to see Daniel first, but my mom said I needed to get my place ready before I left.

We landed in the airport, early in the morning, and got an uber for a quick drive to my apartment complex. We got my keys and all of my paperwork and stuff before going into an elevator and up to the third floor.

"Let's get your bedroom set up first so you have a comfortable place to sleep," my mom said when we got into my apartment.

"Well let's get started. It's a five hour drive to Los Angeles, and I want to get there as quick as possible."

I had been almost avoiding Daniel for the past two days. I wanted it to be a huge surprise and make him super happy when he sees me. It was just so hard to not talk to him for so long.

We paid for people to bring furniture, so all we had to do was decorate and stuff. We started with my clothes and stuff that went on my bed. Then I started setting up my bathroom while my mom went to the kitchen.

At around three in the afternoon, my mom and I decide we had done enough for today. She had offered to set up the rest tomorrow while I'm with Daniel. I gladly accepted before going to pack a small bag.

No one knew I was coming, so I had to somehow make sure at least Daniel was home. I decided on calling Iris, casually asking what their plans were.

"What's up Iris?"

"Nothing much. The guys and I just got back from laser tag. I won, and they're all upset," she laughed.

"Sounds fun."

"How about you?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just cleaning my room and stuff."

"Sounds even more fun," she replied sarcastically.

"Is tonight a free​ night for y'all?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're all planning on staying home. Probably gonna get in the pool or something."

We talked for another minute or two, then I made up an excuse to hang up so I could start my trip to L. A.

"Bye mom. I'll be back late tomorrow night," I said before walking out of the apartment and outside to the uber that I had called.

The driver turned on the radio, and I silently sang along to the Why Don't We song that came on. The five hours went by quickly once I pulled out my phone and  watched one of my favorite musicals, Hamilton.

                           ***

"Here you go, hon," the lady said putting her car into park.

"Thank you," I said gathering my stuff and getting out of the car. It was about nine, so the sun was almost gone from the sky.

I walked up to the front door and knocked three times. The door opened to reveal Jonah, wearing only his swim trunks.

"Kayla! What are you doing here?" He said with a big smile on his face.

"Shhh, it's a surprise."

"Oh! Well the guys and Iris are all in the pool. You should go change and then I'll help you surprise him," he said.

"Okay. I'll be right back," I said before running into the nearest bathroom and changing.

I came back out in my bikini and followed Jonah outside into the dark. Jonah got in the pool and held Daniel with his arms behind his back.

"Hey! Let me go! What are you doing!" He yelled, laughing.

Jonah nodded at me and I came out from hiding. I ran and jumped into the pool, scaring everyone but Jonah.

"Who's that!?" Jack screeched.

"Jonah! Who is that!" I heard from under the water. I popped up and revealed my face, earning gasps and huge smiles.

"Kayla! Holy shit!" Daniel yelled wading over to me. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him, holding him tight against me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"How about we all go inside and I'll explain, because I just ruined my hair by jumping in this pool." I laughed.

Daniel kissed all over my face before carrying me out of the pool. We all sat on the couch with towels wrapped around our bodies. I sat in Daniel's lap as I began to tell them why I was there.

"So basically, I got offered a scholarship to an art academy. I'll finish high school online, and next fall I'll join in on some college theater classes. So I moved out to San Francisco to be close to the school."

"Kayla! That's incredible!" Daniel wrapped his arms around me and rocked me back and forth, kissing my neck.

"I knew something like this would happen!" Iris exclaimed coming over to me to hug me, too.

The guys all took turns hugging me from Daniel's lap.

"Okay now you've all said your hello's, so I'm taking Kayla," Daniel said before jumping up and running upstairs with me in his arms.

I laughed as he put me on the bed and crawled next to me.

"I've missed you like crazy," he said crawling on top of me.

"I've missed you more," I said pulling his face to mine and kissing his perfect lips.

                          *****

A/n

I hope you liked this chapter! Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 8.5K 30
❝ ᴍᴀᴇᴠᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ. ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ. ❞ { ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ }
122K 3.9K 56
[STRONG] (✨🕊🥴) "I'm sorry if I said I need you. But I don't care I'm not scared of love."
20K 623 35
"I tried to forget you but I always find my way back to you because I love you"
77.2K 1.4K 45
"its hard to love someone and not know if they even feel the same way. Because one day they will be in someone else's arms. They will be happy and yo...