Why Did I Get Married; Part O...

By Commander_Camren

A revelation of infidelity involving Lauren, weakens the already distressed marriage between her and her wife... More

Prologue
Main Characters
Part One: Ultimatum
Part Two: Don't Say You Love Me
Part Four: Sister-In-Law
Not An Update
Part Five: Emotional Toll
Part Six: Feliz Navidad
Not An Update
Part Seven: Trust Issues
Part Eight: I'm Done
Part Nine: No Life After You
Part Ten: Let's Try
Part Eleven: Truce?
Part Twelve: A Family Affair
Part Thirteen: I Plead The Fifth
Part Fourteen: Are You The One?
Part Fifteen: Le Pont des Arts
Part Sixteen: The Kiss
Part Seventeen: A Revelation
Part Eighteen: Daddy's Little Girl
Part Nineteen: Romance
Part Twenty: The Cabellos (pt.1)
Part Twenty One: The Cabellos (pt.2)
Part Twenty Two: Family
Party Twenty Three: Because of You
Part Twenty Four: Jauregui Bonding
A/N
Part Twenty Five: Intimacy
(A/N) New FanFic
Part Twenty Six: Back To Reality
Part Twenty Seven: Communication
The Hurting, The Healing, The Loving
Part Twenty Eight: Date #1 - You're Perfection
Part Twenty Nine: Date #2 - I Can't See A Life Without You
Part Thirty: Last Session
Part Thirty One: Sing To Me
Part Thirty Two: Our Love Is Incredible
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
(A/N) Why Did I Get Married 2

Part Three: Doctor Briggs

24.3K 705 1.1K
By Commander_Camren

(Disclaimer: I am not a therapist, counsellor or psychologist. Anything that would be said in this fic, is just for entertainment purposes. I am merely a law student with too much free time. You may proceed.)

"L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore

And love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart but please don't break it

Love was made for me and you

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore

And love is all that I can give to you

Love, love, love is more than just a game for two

Two in love can make it
Take my heart but please don't break it

'Cause love was made for me and you
I said love was made for me and you
You know that love was made for me and you"

***

The couple had arrived at Doctor Chelsea Briggs' office and were patiently...well impatiently waiting.

Lauren had been scrolling through her photo gallery, trying to calm her nerves because she just knew that the session was going to be heated. Especially if they had to discuss what drove them to be the way they are today. She knew her wife, which meant that she knew Camila was going to pick a fight with her.

Meanwhile, the younger woman, was nervously bouncing her leg up and down as she flipped through a magazine. She had no idea what magazine it was or what it had in it. She just wanted to take her mind off it, and to a point; didn't even want to be here.

What was this woman going to tell her? That she and Lauren had problems? Well, she knew that. They should try to hash things out for the sake of their four year old daughter? Really? She knew that as well.

Camila saw this whole thing of going to therapy to be pointless. She didn't need someone trying to pry their way into her personal life. Being a famous singer, had its perks but what she wanted was to have her public life and personal life to not clash with each other. If someone only photographed her coming out of this building, the press would have a field day with it.

She could see the headlines now; "Trouble in paradise? Singer/Songwriter Camila Cabello photographed leaving psychotherapist's office with wife; Lauren Jauregui. Rumours of a divorce."

"Hey, Marissa. What's my nine o'clock for this morning?" The couple heard a voice ask the receptionist.

When Lauren looked up from her phone, she saw a blonde woman, clad in a black pant suit, with a brief case in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.

Marissa; the receptionist pointed to the couple sitting a distance off from where she was. Upon laying her eyes on the Jauregui - Cabellos, Dr Briggs let out an audible squeak.

"Oh my god! My favourite celebrity couple!" Camila subtly rolled her eyes. She handed her brief case to her receptionist then approached the women and stuck out her free hand. "Hi. I'm Dr Chelsea Briggs. But you can call me Dr Briggs," the woman beamed brightly at the couple.

The young brunette kinked an eyebrow at her wife and looked at Dr Briggs, "You mean to say, you're going to be advising me?" She sat upright in her seat.

"Camila!" Lauren scolded her wife. "That was rather impolite." Her wife rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry for my wife's behaviour, Dr Briggs. We booked a last minute appointment. I hope that's alright?"

Dr Briggs nodded. "Oh it's fine," she smiled. "Let's head into my office shall we?" She gestured for the women to follow her.

Lauren gently grabbed her wife by the elbow, when she stood up, "Don't be rude, Camila. We're here to get help. Not bash the woman. Understood?"

"Sorry, mom," the singer muttered. She pulled her arm away from the photographer and walked into Dr Briggs' office, with Lauren trailing not too far behind.

Chelsea gestured for them to take a seat that was opposite to her chair.

"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?" She asked but the couple declined.

Camila took a moment to take in her surroundings. There were various quotes that were supposed to lift your spirits. The room was painted a nice vibrant yellow; that definitely suited Dr Briggs' personality.

The brunette wasn't exactly sure how she would be helping them. But she would give her the benefit of the doubt and see just how it plays out.

Dr Briggs grabbed her clipboard off her desk and slipped on her glasses before taking a seat opposite to the couple. Despite being a huge fan of the two, she was a professional, and she wasn't going to judge whatever the two had been going through.

"Welcome to couple's therapy," she smiled as she looked at the couple. "I should inform the two of you, that I'd be making some notes during our session. Is that okay with the both of you?" The couple nodded. "So tell me, how are the both of you?"

Camila rolled her eyes. "We're here at couples' therapy. How do you really think we're doing?" She scoffed out.

Lauren shot her a pointed look but the brunette refused to pay her any attention. "We're as fine as can be. How are you?"

Dr Briggs smiled, "I'm great! Thank you for asking. So, I know you're both a singer and photographer, how did that happen?"

Camila rolled her eyes again and chose not to speak up first. If she was such a huge fan of them both, shouldn't she be able to find all this information on google to begin with?

Her wife cleared her throat before speaking up. "Well, I've been a professional photographer for the past 5 years. It was always something I wanted to do ever since high school. When I got accepted into NYU, I jumped at the opportunity," Dr Briggs was nodding along to everything that Lauren had been saying and occasionally wrote on her clipboard. "There's not much to it, actually. I always loved it."

The raven haired woman took her wife's hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze, for her to begin talking.

Camila sighed. "I've been into singing ever since I was a kid. My mom always was my number one fan," she smiled fondly at the thought of her mother. "She used to enter me into competitions that I was too afraid to participate in. I remember freaking out before this one competition when I was 6. She even had to come on stage with me and hold my hand while I sang 'Rhythm is Gonna Get You' by Gloria Estefan," Lauren was looking on at her wife as she spoke about her mother; Sinu Cabello. She knew how much Camila loved the woman, and it made her so happy to hear her talk about Sinu.

"I ended up winning," Camila laughed at the memory. "From that moment, I knew that my mom was my biggest fan. She never let fear get in the way of my singing. She pushed me to do my best. Where I am now, it's all thanks to her," the brunette then turned to look at her wife. "You were my biggest fan too," Lauren visibly gulped.

What did she mean by 'were'? The photographer was still Camila's biggest fan even though she wasn't as supportive as she was back then.

Lauren was the one who encouraged her wife to go on her world tour. She was the one who told her to not cancel any of her interviews just because she was homesick. She ensured that her wife never slacked off when it came to working on her album.

"Camz...I..." Lauren was at a lost for words. She knew she hadn't been showing her support these past few months, but it didn't mean that she didn't support her. She always will.

Dr Briggs cleared her throat. Now wasn't the time to get too into whatever that was going on between the two. She needed to understand them first as individuals before a married couple.

"So apart from singing and photography, do you have any other hobbies?" Camila shrugged as she turned to look at Dr Briggs. "Lauren?"

She shook her head. "To be honest with you, I don't think I do. I spend most of my time doing photography. I don't see it as a job, it's more of a hobby. And the only hobby that matters to me." Dr Briggs nodded. "Well besides playing with our daughter, Izzy. She tends to take up a lot of time," Lauren laughed.

"Izzy? Tell me about her," the counsellor beamed. "Who is she more like?"

Camila sank into her chair, which didn't go unnoticed by Dr Briggs. What was she going to say? Their daughter was four years old and all the Argentinian could've said was that she looked like Lauren and loved to draw. She hadn't spent much time around her to know anything about her. Did she even like to sing? Or was she into taking pictures like, her wife?

"Her name is Emilia Isabella, but she liked Isabella more," Lauren shook her head laughing. "She's such a ball of energy." Her eyes lit up as she went into a detailed description of her daughter. Camila hadn't said a word since the topic was brought up.

"Camila?" the brunette snapped out of her thoughts to look at the blonde woman. "Do you have anything about Isabella you're willing to share?"

The singer looked from the blonde to her wife, "I - uh...Lauren said everything there is to know about her already," she muttered weakly.

Dr Briggs nodded and wrote something onto her clipboard. "So tell me, how did the two of you meet? And how long have the two of you been married? What's the relationship like?"

The couple remained silent for a moment. They both knew that Chelsea would've asked this question but how were they going to answer this question? Their relationship was heading on a downward spiral. Could they salvage it?

Their love clearly didn't seem to be enough.

"I uh," Lauren cleared her throat awkwardly, "Camila and I met at high school when we were partnered together for a Spanish project. We went out on a few dates until she asked me to be her girlfriend," Dr Briggs noticed the small smile that tugged at both of the women's lips. "We've been together since we were 16 and 17. So it's been almost ten years. We've been married for five years and then Izzy came along a year into the marriage."

Camila was playing with the hem of her shirt, trying to avoid eye contact from the doctor until the woman spoke up. "And how's your relationship on a daily basis? I get that you're both extremely busy, and you, Camila, you travel a lot am I right?" The brunette looked up slowly and nodded. "So how does that work between the two of you?"

"It works for the most part. We Skype at nights and I call home when I'm free," Camila ran a hand through her hair. "Most of the times, Izzy can't stay awake for long or she's already asleep," she said sadly.

"And how does this affect you, Lauren?" Dr Briggs placed her clipboard on a table near her and turned her attention towards the woman, who looked visibly taken aback by the question. "How does the distance affect you? Do you miss her?"

Camila scoffed. "She doesn't have enough time to miss me, when she has her tongue down another woman's throat!"

Lauren shot her head towards her wife. "Seriously, Camila?!" She pinched the bridge of her nose. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"Isn't that what we're here for?! To get help?! Then why isn't she asking the questions she's supposed to be asking!" The woman screamed. "Because as far as I can see, this shit isn't going to help the distrust I have when it comes to you! It isn't going to help me forgive you!"

"We discussed this literally about two hours ago! Can you like...chill out for a minute?" Lauren definitely wasn't helping the situation. "You always have to bring Hailee into every freaking conversation! Do you want me to fire her?! Do you want me to take my freaking best friend bracelet back from her?!"

Dr Briggs was observing the couple and wrote notes occasionally when she found something worth writing about.

"Yes, Lauren! That's exactly what I fucking want! How many times do I have to tell you that?!" The singer screamed. "You know what?! I don't have time for this shit," she was about to stand up when the blonde doctor interrupted her.

"I'm sorry you two, but our session is over," the woman said calmly.

Camila muttered a 'finally' under her breath.

"But I do have an assignment for the both of you," she removed her glasses. "I'd like for you two to spend at least an hour together, along with your daughter. It can be done between now and our next session; which would be the same time next week. Is that okay?"

Lauren nodded. "Yes. It's fine. We actually have to collect our daughter soon and we're supposed to head to the park with her," the woman turned her gaze towards her wife who was grumbling to herself.

"That sounds like a lovely idea!" Dr Briggs nodded. "I'd like for you two to do that, then for our next session, you'd tell me all about it."

Camila stood up and crossed her arms defiantly. "I can't do that today! I have an interview this afternoon! Lauren, you know this!"

The photographer stood up, along with her wife and Dr Briggs. "And now you don't," she shook hands with Chelsea. "Thank you for your time, Doctor Briggs. We'd see you next week." Camila started to protest. "Come on, Camz. Let's go."

***

"Mummy! Mama! You're here!" Izzy screamed as she ran out of her pre-school with her bag dragging behind her. She latched onto Camila as she approached them. Being a child, she already seemed to forget the incident this morning.

The younger mother picked her up into her arms and kissed her on the forehead. "Hey, baby. How was school?"

"School was great, mummy!" Lauren bent down and placed a kiss on her daughter's cheek causing the child to smile brightly. "I told Miss Kylie that you're back! And she told me that it was great to have you back home. I told her I really missed you, mummy." Isabella wrapped her arms around her mother's neck and began to play with her hair.

Lauren smiled fondly at the interaction between her wife and daughter. "Baby, do you remember what we're supposed to do this afternoon?"

Izzy shot her head up. "We're going to the park?!" She asked excitedly as she started bouncing in her mother's arms. "Really?! The three of us?" Camila nodded and smiled at her daughter. "Can aunty Hailee come too?"

Lauren shot Camila a look, silently telling her to not start an argument in front of their daughter. "Hailee isn't going to be coming, princesa. It's just going to be you, mummy and me. Is that okay?"

Izzy nodded her head. "As long as, mummy is here. I'm happy!"

Lauren playfully pouted. "And what about me?"

"I see you all the time, mama. I'm excited to spend some time with, mummy." Izzy said oblivious to the fact that her younger mother's heart was melting.

The photographer opened the door and allowed her wife to place their daughter into her child safety seat.

"Let's head to the park, yeah?" Camila asked and Izzy squealed in excitement.

Lauren pulled off from the curb and headed in the direction of the park. The three of them engaged in light conversation about Izzy's friends at school and paintings that she did today.

For a four year old, she was extremely gifted in the vocal department. Meaning that she loved to talk.

It was only fifteen minutes until Lauren pulled up in a car park and got out of the car to get her daughter, with Camila following behind.

"What do you want to do first?" The brunette asked the younger version to her wife. "Do you want to go on the swings?"

Isabella nodded and grabbed both of her parents hands and dragged them to the swings. Camila helped her onto it and started the push her. To any outsider, the would've seemed like the ideal couple, but no one ever really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

"This is nice," Lauren sidled up to her wife who was focused on pushing Izzy and listening to her comments on random topics. "The three of us."

Camila turned to look at her wife. She smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah I guess it is. Do you want to push her?"

"Mama, is it okay if I go on the slides instead? I'm seeing Elena from school over there," Izzy pointed and Lauren followed with her eyes to be met with the girl's preschool friend.

"Okay, princesa. You can but be safe okay?" Camila took her down, and the little girl ran off towards her friend, who greeted her with a hug.

"Do you want to sit for a bit?" the brunette asked as she gestured towards a park bench, that was directly in front of the slides where they could have a good view of their daughter.

Lauren nodded and they both walked off.

"So...how did you think the session went?"

The green eyed woman shrugged. "It was a first session. I don't think much can be done within a short space of time. It did get us to spend some time together, so that has to mean something. Right?"

Camila nodded and looked at her daughter. She didn't have time to react before she fell face first into the sand.

"Izzy!" Both mothers stood up and shouted at the same time.

The child started to laugh. "I'm okay! My shoe laces are untied," she shouted back at her parents. Elena assisted her friend with tying her laces before they went back to play.

The green eyed mother shook her head and laughed softly. "She's so much like you."

Camila furrowed her eyebrows. "How? She looks just like you. She even has your famous green eyes."

Lauren smirked. "Famous, huh?" The brunette rolled her eyes. "That May be true, but she's just like you."

"I still don't know what you mean."

The older woman threw her head back laughing. "Are you serious? She's literally clumsy just like you! The kid trips on air."

Camila scoffed. "That's not true! Izzy may be clumsy, but I'm not!" She pouted and crossed her arms like a child, her wife was still laughing. "Lauren!" She whined. "Take it back!"

Once the photographer stopped laughing, her wife was glaring at her. She wiped at her eyes dramatically, "Okay. Sure, Camz. You're definitely not clumsy."

"I know!" She exclaimed happily.

Camila looked down as she felt a tug on her jacket. She was greeted to her daughter's friend. "Hi, Mrs Izzy's mom," the child smiled.

The singer went down on one knee to be at the child's height. "Hi, Elena. What's up?"

Izzy came up to her mother and whispered loudly into her ear. "Mummy, she likes your song! The one about when you were crying in that club," her daughter furrowed her eyebrows. "It doesn't sound fun to be crying in a club. But she likes it!" Camila laughed loudly and ruffled her daughter's hair.

"Is that true, Elena? Do you like my song?" The girl nodded shyly. "Aw. You're so cute! Come here," she opened her arms out for the child.

The girl's mother approached them a few moments later, and looked on at the interaction between Camila and her daughter. "Your wife is such a lovely woman," she told Lauren. "She has such an amazing relationship with her fans. And she's so sweet. One of the many reasons why, Lena loves her."

Lauren smiled proudly at her wife. "She does. She's amazing. Do you want me to take a picture of them together?"

"Would that be okay?" The woman asked hesitantly.

"Sure," the photographer nodded. "Camz?"

The singer turned to look at her wife. "Yeah?"

"Can I get a picture of you and Elena?" Camila nodded.

After taking a few pictures, Elena wished the couple and her friend good bye before heading home with her mother.

***

After putting their daughter to bed, Lauren came back downstairs. Her wife had finished with the dishes and was drying her hands.

"I had a really good time today," Lauren said softly. "It felt like the good old days."

Camila jumped. "I thought you were heading to bed?" She asked changing the subject.

Though things were somewhat okay at the moment, it didn't mean that things were back to the way it used to be. She really hoped Lauren knew that.

"I have some work to do seeing as I didn't head into the studio today. So I'd probably be up late," she answered as she reached into the refrigerator for a bottle of water. "What about you?"

Camila shrugged. "I'm pretty tired. I might call it a night, in a bit."

Lauren nodded. "Okay. I'll see you in the morning, then?"

"Good night, Lauren."

"Good night, Camz. Sleep well," the green eyed woman whispered out.

As the brunette turned to head out of the kitchen, she stopped and looked over her shoulder. Her wife was staring down at her water bottle as though there was something interesting in it.

Camila sighed and shook her head. She really wished things would go back to the way it used to be.

Not sleeping in separate beds. Having her wife's arms wrapped around her as she slept. Waking up next to her.

As much as she detested the thought of going to couple's therapy, she really hoped that it would help them somehow. And they'd go back to being the couple everyone admired and wanted to be like.

***
There you have it! Another update.
I wasn't going to update but y'all have been up my ass for one 😫
Please note, Camila is Argentinian and Lauren is Venezuelan. Not the typical "I'm Cuban. BS."
I hope you liked it and I hope you're enjoying the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 70.4K 32
Lauren & Camila, struggling with their sex life in their marriage, offer to be test subjects for a therapist's new book 30 Ways in 30 Days. 5HFanfict...
224K 6.2K 25
"I wanna go on a road trip. I want to sleep in crappy hotels. I want to sing along to happy songs while driving. I want to watch the sun rise in a di...
57.2K 1.5K 25
Lauren always wonders to herself when she fucked up in her life. How she lost the love of her life? How she didn't think twice? Now she's gone and do...
Fated. By Shenhe

Fanfiction

829 19 8
To Camila and Lauren. What could possibly happen about growing up, getting hurt, and falling in love with your childhood best friend? Find out; Frien...