Why ~Zach Herron~

By WhyDontWe_Dolan

*Sequel to I Depend On You* "Iris there's nothing that'll make him feel better. He needs to know the truth ab... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48(Part 1)
48(Part 2)
New Fanfics
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5

13

11.9K 251 80
By WhyDontWe_Dolan

Iris's P. O. V.

*3 weeks later*

"Hey babe," Zach called from his bed. I walked over with a smile. He sat up against the pillows, and I sat next to him with my legs hanging off the bed.

"What's wrong?" He asked putting his hand on my lower back.

"Nothing." I sighed. "Just stressed about the concert and Wes. The doctors say he isn't doing very well. He had another seizure last night."

"I know, we just have to hope for the best." He sighed.

"I just want Jingle Ball to be over." I sighed. He smiled and leaned closer to me, attaching his lips to my collarbone.

"We just have two shows left."

"On the other side of the country," I scoffed. He moved his lips up from my collarbone, to my jaw line, then to my cheek.

"He'll be fine," he assured me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I know me complaining and worrying constantly is annoying. I'm just stressed."

"I know, babe. I understand."

"I love you."

"I love you, too." He placed his lips on mine.

As the kiss deepened, I turned to straddle him. With my legs wrapped around his waist and my hands in his hair, our lips moved in sync.

Being with him made me forget about everything going on in my life. I was completely focused on him, and I was happy. I had nothing to worry about when I was kissing him. My lips took control of my brain, and that was all I could think about. Him.

                              ***

"How is he doing? With the seizures and all?" I asked as soon as the doctor came in the next morning.

"He's doing better than the first time. Unfortunately, this is a sign of epilepsy."

"So he could have seizures his whole life?" Zach asked. He had been holding onto my waist, but just like every other time we spoke to the doctor, his grip tightened and he pulled me closer to him.

"There is a small chance. He could grow up having seizures and having to take daily medications for them, but he could also just grow out of it."

"That's what we hope for, right?"

"Yes, of course. If he has another seizure, we'll start treating him for epilepsy. For now, we'll keep him under watch and take note of everything."

"Thank you so much. After next Sunday, we'll be staying in L. A. until he's out of the hospital."

"Great."

The doctor left and Zach turned me around, embracing me in a big hug.

"I can't wait until he's finally healthy enough to come home." I sighed into Zach's chest.

"Me too." I leaned up and kissed his lips before walking over to Wes's incubator and taking him out.

I held him close to me and smiled when he smiled up at me. I held his tiny little hand and rocked back and forth. Zach came up behind me and copied my motions, peeking over my shoulder at Wes.

I kissed Wes's forehead before passing him to Zach. He sat in a chair and began to play with him. He was so focused on making Wes smile that he didn't notice I pulled out my phone and started to record him.

He had the biggest smile on his face, and so did Wes. I posted the video on instagram before putting my phone back in my purse, knowing in a few seconds it would be vibrating nonstop. I sat next to Zach and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"It still feels unreal. Like we made a human." He laughed.

"Yeah, we did." I laughed.

"It's crazy." He shook his head. "I love you." He leaned down and kissed my lips.

"I love you, too."

                   *4 months later*

"Wes, you ready to see your new home?" I asked as I picked him up out of the car seat Zach had bought for him.

Today we finally got to bring Wes home, and he'd stay here. He wasn't on oxygen and he didn't need to be in an incubator. He was finally free of the hospital.

I held Wes in my arms while Zach went and unlocked the door for us. We walked in, and were immediately surprised by all of the people there.

"Welcome home!" They shouted, scaring all three of us.

There was a big banner saying "Welcome Home Wes" and other decorations including blue balloons and tons of food in the kitchen.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" I exclaimed.

"It was all Jack." My mom smiled. I passed Wes to Zach and gave Jack a big hug.

"He's so cute!" Christina, who I had just noticed, smiled.

"Christina!" I shouted running from Jack over to Christina. Corbyn let his arm drop from her shoulders and she jumped towards me. We wrapped our arms around each other and held on tight.

"I've missed you so much." I smiled.

"I had to come see my nephew for the first time!" She laughed.

"Well he's right here," Zach said bringing him over to Christina and passing him off.

She held him, and immediately almost started crying.

"He's freaking adorable!" She squealed quietly.

"Well he is our kid." Zach laughed.

She held him, making faces that made him smile, until the guys started getting inpatient. They all wanted to hold him, too.

Zach's P. O. V.

I stood next to Jonah while Christina and Iris cooed over the baby.

"What's wrong dude? You look like you just saw a ghost." Jonah laughed.

"What? Oh, I'm fine," I lied.

"No you're not. What's wrong?" He asked pushing me away from the crowd a little bit.

"I've just been thinking. For the last six months, we didn't have to worry about Wes because we had all these professionals taking care of him, but now he's home."

"And..."

"What if I'm not a good dad? I mean I'm only 17, how am I supposed to know how to take care of a kid?"

"Zach you'll be a great father. I've seen you with him, you absolutely love him."

"I know I love him, but how do I take ca-"

"You'll just have fatherly instincts. You know how Iris just automatically knew what to do and how to do it? It's because she has motherly instincts."

"What if I don't have instincts?"

"You will. You're the father type. I can tell," he said laughing at the end.

"Thanks bro." I laughed. He patted me on the back and smiled.

                             ***

"It's his first night here. Do you think he'll be awake all night?" I asked as Iris changed Wes into his pajamas.

"I hope not." she sighed.

"Was there any like humming sounds in the hospital room? He may be used to that and won't sleep without it."

"Probably. And he always had the heart rate machine going, but I am not going to let him get used to that any longer. We'll just see how he does tonight, and hope for the best."

"I hope he sleeps for most of the night. I like my sleepm" I laughed, seeing Iris start to laugh too.

She leaned down and kissed Wes's forehead before letting me take him to his crib in the next room over. Iris went to go shower.

I turned the baby monitor on after putting him in his crib. Then I went back to Iris's room and fell back on her bed, quickly falling asleep.

Iris's P. O. V.

"Zach you didn't wake up once. I was up like four times last night, and you were asleep through the whole night," I said when he woke up the next morning.

"I'm sorry babe. You should've woken me up."

"I didn't want to."

"Was it bad?"

"Not really. He woke up twice before midnight, and twice before three in the morning. But after that he was fine."

"That's not that bad."

"Maybe for you. Next time you wake up and get him."

                           *****

A/n

I'm sorry I didn't update last night!! And sorry if you didn't like the time skips in this chapter, but I promise the next few chapters will make up for it.

I hope you liked it! Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 1.4K 45
"its hard to love someone and not know if they even feel the same way. Because one day they will be in someone else's arms. They will be happy and yo...
164K 1.7K 45
imzachherron started following you. -finished 5/18 -wrote this when I was like twelve
6.5K 478 25
"He broke my heart in half, and left me with nothing. How do I know you're not like him?" "I'm not. I promise." "That's exactly what he said. And he...
83.4K 2.2K 33
(currently rewriting) THIS IS A SEQUEL TO NEVER MEANT TO FALL "I promise I'll wait for you."