The Forgotten Princess

By ChloePJ

What would you do if everything you had ever known was a lie? What would you do if you never even knew who th... More

The Forgotten Princess
Chapter 2: Music is Life
Chapter 3: Missing Something
Chapter 4: What is happening to me?
Chapter 5: I am no Sherlock
Chapter 6: Going in Circles
Chapter 7: Sweet Sixteen?
Chapter 8: Learning the Truth
Chapter 9: Regaining Composure
Chapter 10: Everything Changes
Chapter 11: Running
Chapter 12: A New Face
Chapter 13: Fairytales are Lies
Chapter 14: Change
Chapter 15: I don't do this Running thing
Chapter 16: A Scene from a Spy Film
Chapter 17: The Illusion Ends
Chapter 18: What do I do?
Chapter 19: Unveiled Disguises
Chapter 20: Ignorance Is Bliss
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 22: A Knife's Edge
Chapter 23: Home?

Chapter 1: Just Another Day

4.2K 156 13
By ChloePJ

Hey,

This is my new story. I hope you like it. 

I am not sure on updates as i have my A.S Exams in two weeks and i am stressing like mad. 

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Hi, to anyone who has come to this story after reading Princess Of the Rogues. Thank you for your continued support :) xx

Chapter 1

                I groaned and rolled over in my bed. I pulled the covers further over me trying to drown out the alarm that was going off beside my bed. Not yet. Five more minutes. It really does make all of the difference. The constant annoying beeping continued with each beep getting even more annoying than the last.

                I kicked the covers away from me before reaching out and switching off my alarm. I sighed as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Stretching out in my bed, I caught a reflection of myself in the mirror. I groaned at the quick glimpse of my light brown hair strewn in all sorts of directions. I sighed. I was not a pretty person first thing in the morning.

                Swinging my legs out of the bed, I then walked into the ensuite bathroom. I ran the shower while I brushed my teeth and brushed out the knots in my hair. I showered quickly before drying my hair and changing into my clothes for the day. I pulled on my school uniform which was awful. A white blouse, tie, skirt and tights and best of all a blazer. My hair was now perfectly straight as I grabbed my bag and flute case before going downstairs.

                As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I dumped my bags near the front door ready for later. I walked into the kitchen where my mum was making herself some tea and breakfast.

                “Morning,” I spoke before yawning.

                I was not really a morning person if you couldn’t tell already. I made myself a cup of tea and toast before sitting at the table next to my mum.

                “Morning sweetie. How are you?” My mum asked taking a sip of her tea and going through her mark book.

                My mum was a teacher at my school which was a bonus and a problem at the same time but to be honest I really didn’t mind. My mum taught languages (French and Italian). I liked it just being my mum and I. I don’t know who my father is. He left us just after I was born and he has never tried to see me. I don’t need him. My mum doesn’t need him. We managed well on our own and we are happy which is all that matters.

                “I’m fine. A little nervous about my physics exams today but I think it will go ok. I certainly revised enough,” I smiled as I took another bite of my toast.

                I am fifteen at the moment. I turn 16 in two weeks. It was the end of May right now so it was the middle of GCSE Exam season and I had far too many exams to worry about but at least this was my last year. I was going to college next year.

                “You will be fine. When is your Italian and French exam,” My mum asked.

                “In a couple of days. I am not worried about them though,” I smiled.

                My mum had raised me so I was constantly learning languages. I was fluent in English, French and Italian. Italian wasn’t an obvious language but I learnt it anyway because that is what my mum wanted me to learn. So these language exams really weren’t going to faze me.

                “Good. Good. You don’t need to worry. I have raised you on languages all of your life so I expect nearly full marks because you are that good,” my mum smiled as she finished off the last of her breakfast.

                She got up and put her plate and cup into the dishwasher as she waited for me to finish. I quickly finished off the last of my breakfast before putting away my things. I grabbed my headphones off the side as my mum grabbed her things and the car keys. I walked to the front door and grabbed my bags. I swung them onto my back before going outside and waiting beside the car.

                My mum locked up the house and she opened the car. I climbed in and placed my bags at my feet as my mum climbed in the driver’s side. We soon got going on the way to school. I flicked on the radio which was still on the classical channels since the last time that I was in the car. I played the flute and was a little bit of a musician. Music was my way of expressing myself. I wasn’t shy but I wasn’t exactly really confident either so music was always my way forward.

                “Two weeks and you will be sixteen. I can’t believe how much you have grown. You are a fine young woman now,” my mum spoke out of the blue.

                “Thanks mum. I wouldn’t be who I was if it wasn’t for you,” I smiled back.

                I looked at my mum and caught a glimpse of something like guilt in her eyes which I brushed away immediately. My mum and I didn’t look totally similar but I just took that as me inheriting more of my appearance from my father. I had light brown hair and brown eyes. I was thin and fairly short for my age. My mum had long golden blonde hair and hazel eyes and was thin but our complexions were similar.

                I turned to look back out of the front of the car instead of trying to broach another conversation as everything had seemed to become slightly awkward and I had no idea why. We reached school and I climbed out of the car with my bags in hand. I said a quick goodbye to my mum before walking away from the car and towards where my friends and I hang out.

                Walking through school is never an easy process, especially with the amount of annoying, hormonal teenage boys that kept staring at me. I guess I was pretty. I was slim and had a good complexion but I wasn’t interested. I had never dated a boy or had a first kiss. Something seemed to hold me back from all of this. This just made the boys seem to want me more. It was annoying and stupid. I preferred being left alone with my few close friends.

                I made it to the music block and entered the usual practice room that my friends and I adopted. Molly and Heather were already in there sat at the piano playing some song they had composed. I smiled as I placed my bags down on the floor.

                “Hey Anna,” Molly called as they both finished off their song.

                “Hey guys. Are you all ready for the physics exam?” I asked as I placed flute case on the table.

                I pulled it open and fit the pieces together until my flute was fully assembled. I play a note and checked the pitch adjusting the flute joint every so often so it was finally in tune.

                “I think I am ready. I don’t know. We will see,” Heather smiled, standing up and grabbing her clarinet case and putting it together.

                “We will all be fine. I am sure,” I smiled as Heather checked the tuning of her clarinet.

                Once she was done, we all began to play pieces of music that we had learnt and remembered. It was me on the flute, Heather on the clarinet and Molly on the piano. We all had dreams of becoming musicians when we are older and to go to university to study music. That was our dream anyway.

                Eventually though the bell rang and we packed away before hurrying off to our first lesson which we only had half an hour of before we would have to go our physics exam. The three of us laughed and joked as we walked to class. We all just tried to keep each other’s minds off of the exam so none of us would get nervous and not do as well as we should.

                In the end, the time came and I finally got into the exam hall. Two hours of physics wasn’t really how I wanted to spend my morning. I worked through the paper answering all the questions and just hoping that I hadn’t messed them up that much. Finally, I was released from the exam hall and I immediately went down to music which was my safe haven always the way that I could express myself.

                I got the usually glares from the plastics, you know the girls caked in half the contents of a Boots counter, who all hated my guts just because I hadn’t joined their little crew. I hate those kinds of people. They are fake and don’t have a good bone in their body. Sitting at the piano, I let my fingers dance gently over the keys. I played my favourite song just thankful that another exam was over. I didn’t have too many left now which was such a relief. I hated this time of year with all the exams and my birthday was always in the middle of it all.

                Molly and Heather arrived and entered the room. They tossed their bags onto the floor and Molly literally laid down face first on the floor before sighing. Heather sat beside me and I smiled at her.

                “That bad?” I asked as the song came to end and I stopped playing.

                “Yes,” She mumbled before groaning and sitting up so she was crossed legged.  

                “I am sure it wasn’t that bad,” I spoke turning to look at her.

                “It was. It was really that bad. I hated it. This is awful. My life is over,” Molly exclaimed before lying back on the floor again.

                “Drama queen,” Heather mumbled, making me chuckle.

                “HEY! I heard that,” Molly moaned.

                “You were meant to,” Heather retorted.

                I laughed at both of them before turning to play the piano again. School dragged for the rest of the day so I was so relieved when it was finally over. I left my last class and placed my back pack onto my bag before walking out towards the car park where I was getting a lift home off of my mum.

                I had nearly made it when I heard my name shouted.

                “ANNA!” Someone shouted.

                I turned to look around and groaned. It was Nathan. An overly obsessed asshole who needed to get a life. I continued walking away from him as he continued to shout my name. I made it around the side of the school when he caught up with me. He grabbed my shoulder causing my bag to full to the floor and turning me around to face him when he pressed me up against the wall of the building.

                “Nathan. Leave me alone. I have told you so many times I am not interested,” I spoke clearly bored.

                “Come on Anna. You’re the most gorgeous girl in the school and I am the hottest guy. We would work so well together,” Nathan smirked pressing himself closer to me.

                I rolled my eyes. He is such an idiot. He really does need to get a life. I was sick of this so I did the most logical thing. I kick my knee in the place that hurt him most. He doubled over in pain so I pushed him causing him to fall on his back. He groaned loudly.

                “Nathan. If that is not a clear enough answer for you. I am not interested. Leave me alone and may not have to punch you next time,” I spoke, picking up my bag and leaving his figure sprawled across the floor.

                In the end I made it home and went into the music room as usual. I spent the rest of the day performing taking my mind off of the stress of exams and school and just lost myself in my music. It was the only time I was ever truly calm. This was my life. Not necessarily interesting or exciting but this was the way I liked it. I prayed that it would never change. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 36 30
what would you do if you where lied to your entire life? Every relationship, and every word that was told to you was a lie. How would you react? Will...
10 4 6
What happens when you've been raised to lead the wrong kingdom? What happens when you've grown up living a lie? What will happen when you've been sol...
643 29 16
What happens when everything you've come to know everything about you was a lie even stuff already knew about but never really experienced? What if y...
2.5K 247 31
Having a tail makes me different from humans. Being the princess' doppelganger makes me different from others of my kind. I'm kept hidden away, livin...