Broken Pieces | Derek Hale Bo...

By thehalediaries

In which two broken hearted werewolves find their way back to each other, after six years Emilia and Derek ar... More

Broken Pieces
EPIGRAPH
CAST
PART 2
editing!!
-1
- 2
- 3
-4
-5
-6
-7
-8
-9
-10
-11
-12
-13
-14
-15
-16
-17
-18
-19
-20
-22
-23
-24
-25
- 26
Take Me Home

-21

13.3K 404 59
By thehalediaries

Derek waved over at Emilia's PA, Sara, as he made his way through the new offices, frowning at the shouting coming from Emilia's office.

"Oh my god, enough!" Emilia's voice rang through the floor, causing Derek to smile in amusement, watching some staff rush out of her office.

Derek figured Emilia was in a bad mood when she called him asking for some papers from the house, hanging up before he could even reply, but on the other hand Emilia was the type of boss that would fire you if you wrote in a wrong pen. With all of Emilia's performing arts company business, on top of her new 'Hale empire' as she liked to call it and Derek's property business, Emilia didn't have time to be the nice boss that everyone liked.

Derek raised a brow at Emilia as she held her hand up, motioning for him to hand her the papers, not bothering to look up.

"Okay, no more overtime." Derek spoke up, walking forward to pass her the papers "You're getting snappy."

Emilia rolled her eyes, smiling up at Derek "Weren't you the one who broke a chair this morning?"

"Derek!" Emilia exclaimed, pouting as Derek pulled her chair away from the desk.

"Sulk all you want, you need a break." Derek stated, helping her up from the chair.

"Fine." Emilia grumbled, pulling on her coat.

"Since when were you showing off the bump?" Derek motioned to Emilia's tight pencil skirt and blouse, "What happened to keeping him a top secret?"

"Please, these people are terrified to speak a word to me, let alone bring it up." Emilia pointed out, holding onto Derek's hand as they made their way thought the offices, smiling over at her PA"Good night, Sara."

"It confuses me how you are only pleasant to one of your staff." Derek opened the door for Emilia, Emilia shrugged as she walked through.

"Sara does her job correctly." Emilia stated, unlocking her car "Being nice doesn't get things done."

Emilia frowned at Derek's tense expression, "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere." Derek lied, Emilia squinted her eyes at her fiancée "Derek."

"To deal with the alphas." Derek answered truthfully.

"Derek, really?" Emilia sighed, "I thought we sai-"

"We agreed that you would be kept out of everything, its my problem." Derek interrupted, Emilia looked up at Derek unimpressed, "I may be keeping out of it, but you have to tell me these things."

Emilia was taking a step back from the supernatural as much as she could, before she would fully stop getting involved when baby Hale arrived, as much as she didn't want to, she knew it was for the best.

"I will, promise." Derek pulled Emilia into a hug, Emilia rested her head against his chest "You do realise I'm going to sit and worry until you come home."

Now she was trying to stay out of things, it meant she was more concerned over Derek's well being, knowing she couldn't do anything to help him.

"I'll be fine." Derek comforted, opening the car door for her "See you at home."

_

"Em, open the door." Blair knocked on the door softly, herself and Melanie leaned against it.

After watching Derek loose his fight with the alpha's last night, Jason had tried to comfort his sister the best he could. Emilia locked herself away, Jason had no choice but to get help from their friends.

"Key!" Charlie jogged into the hallway, holding out the key before looking over to Jason "Emilia would hurt you if you kicked her door down."

Emilia sat against the bed on the floor, staring into nothing with sore eyes from crying, her bed barley slept in. Charlie stepped into the room first, pulling Emilia up into his arms gently, the werewolf hugged him back tightly.

"He's gone." Emilia cried into Charlie's shoulder, "He promised to never leave me."

Melanie and Blair stepped towards Emilia as Charlie helped her sit back on her bed, crouching down in front of her. No one really knew how to comfort Emilia, she never had a set way with dealing with her emotions. They all knew there was nothing they could do, Derek was gone. All they could do was to make sure Emilia would be okay.

"I can't do this without him." Emilia admitted shakily, her friends watched sadly.

The news of Derek made everyone forget about the baby, but Emilia couldn't get him out of her mind, how she would have to do this all alone. Without Derek she was all alone, even with all her friends and family around her, nothing could fix this loneliness. Theres only so much a heartbreak a person can take.

"Hey hey hey, you're not alone, okay?" Blair stepped in, turning Emilia round to face her friends "You have us and we're here with you, every step of the way."

_

"It's just me, your Uncle, Uncle Peter." Peter and Lincoln walked towards Cora, the beta walked towards them slowly.

"Uncle Peter who killed sister Laura." Cora glared.

"Mm, not my finest hour, no. But I'm hardly the only dysfunctional family member. Did Derek mention that he killed me too. Slashed my throat, ear to ear. Emilia very happily helped me kill Kate." Lincoln sighed, looking down to Cora before Peter could say anything worse.

"Lincoln, Peter's babysitter." Lincoln smiled at the teen as he introduced himself.

Lincoln assumed Cora remembered him, but figured it would be better to introduce himself just incase.

"So that means I should trust you?"Cora asked her uncle, motioning to Lincoln "Lincoln, i can trust."

"Actually, I'm wondering if I can trust you." Peter inquired, causing Lincoln to roll his eyes.

"You've known me for 17 years." Cora scowled.

"I knew you for 11, leaving the last 6 unaccounted for. And I'm not particularly fond of things unaccounted." Peter argued.

Cora shook her head, turning to Lincoln "Where's Emilia?"

"At home trying not to have a breakdown." Peter replied for him.

"You're an awful person. What are you even doing here?" Cora sighed, her glare not leaving Peter.

"Same as you... wondering where the bodies went. Wondering if they were carried out, or maybe if one of them managed to find enough strength to push himself up off the floor and walk out, leaving the two of us standing here to answer the all-important question." Peter answered, looking over to Cora to finish.

"Which one?" Cora realised.

_

"Now the rest of you, don't think we're gonna miss this meet because of a slight traffic jam, a minor tornado warning, Jared. We're gonna make this thing. Nothing is gonna stop us!" Jason informed the team, taking over as Bobby stormed to the front of the bus angrily "Stilinski, put your hand down."

Being stuck on a bus on a school trip was the last thing Jason wanted to be doing, but he had Bobby forcing him to go and Emilia demanding he watched over Isaac.

"You know, there's, like, a food exit about a half a mile up. I don't know if we stop and then maybe..." Stiles tried to convince his best friends brother.

"We're not gonna stop." Jason replied bluntly, attempting not to laugh as he heard Bobby sigh very loudly.

"Okay, but if we stop..." Stiles tried to continue, only to get interrupted.

"Stilinski! Shut it! Seriously! It's a little bus! Stop asking me questions and shut the hell up!" Jason shouted at the teen, following Bobby's actions and storming to the front of the bus.

Jason watch as Scott and Stiles argued, before turning away back to the front, growing tired of the bickering.

"Okay!" Stiles exclaimed, waving dramatically to gain the attetion of Scott's brother "Jason!"

"What?" Jason looked over to Stiles, frowning at his odd behaviour.

"Scott." Stiles pointed back to the injured werewolf harshly, Jason watched him in confusion.

Jason finally noticed Scott's pained expression and bloodstained shirt.

Jason stared at his younger brother before letting out a gasp, standing up from his seat "Oh!"

_

"An animal clinic?" Cora looked back to her uncle, frowning at the building in front of them as they hid behind the cars.

"It's not as ordinary as it looks. The building's half made out of Mountain ash. I'm not actually sure how to get in." Peter explained, ducking down as footsteps sounded in front of them.

"Well, maybe we could do what normal people do and knock on the door." Cora stated in a bored tone, running over to hug Emilia as she appeared in front of them.

"What happened to you?" Peter grumbled, taking in Emilia's unusual dressed down appearance.

Emilia rolled her eyes, hugging Cora back tightly. Peter, who wasn't used to seeing Emilia in anything other than heels and fancy attire, was surprised at her, jeans and jumper combo with converse.

"My fiancé died, your nephew. Oh I forgot, you're an emotionless asshole." Emilia spat, hitting Peter's shoulder as he pulled her behind the car.

"They're here." Peter passed Emilia over to Cora, silencing the pregnant werewolf.

"Who?" Emilia sat up, listening into the conversation inside.

"All of them." Peter replied, the three werewolves listening into the conversations between the alphas and Deaton.

"How's our patient?"

"Out cold."

"And the prognosis?"

"Surprisingly optimistic. He's gonna make it."

"Hm. I think you might've overestimated his odds."

"But how do we know who's in there? Is it Derek or Ennis or both?" Cora spoke up, Emilia growled quietly at the mention of Ennis.

"If it's Ennis he has me to deal with." Emilia leaned up, looking past the car to see Kali and Aiden exit the building "They have no idea what I'm cable of."

Peter quickly pulled Emilia back, the three of them rushing away at the sound of Kali's cries "Well, we know one thing... that wasn't for Derek."

_

"Whats going on?" Emilia rushed over to the group, looking round for her fiancé in the hallway "Where's Derek?"

Jason and Cora pushed Peter forward, knowing they couldn't bring themselves to tell her.

"There was nothing we could do, Em." Peter answered slowly, Jason stared sadly at his sister "We're so sorry."

Those words hit Emilia like a truck, we're so sorry, the words Emilia had heard once before. The words that told her that her best friend was gone, now it was for Derek.

"No." Emilia denied, shaking her head as she rambled to herself "No, no, no."

Emilia could barely process the thought of Derek being gone, denying the whole thing.

"Em-" Cora tried to get her attention, watching Emilia with her own tears running down her cheeks.

Derek couldn't be gone, there was no way, Emilia refused to believe it. Derek couldn't of been taken from her that quickly.

"You're lying! Is this some sort of sick joke?" Emilia cried, breathing heavily as the tears began to fall "He's not gone. Derek promised to never leave again!"

"Emilia." Jason interrupted, his tone not as soft as before.

Emilia watched Jason's facial expression fall as she gazed up at him, the tone of her brothers voice said it all. Derek was really gone.

Emilia's cries filled the room, shaking her head as she tried to push the news out of her head. Jason pushed past the Hale's, rushing over to catch his sister as she fell to her knees, falling against Jason as he pulled her into his arms.

Emilia's heart had been broken one too many times, it was now broken beyond repair. It was like  she could feel her heart shatter in her chest, her family stood around her saw it too.

"Where's Isaac? Is he okay?" Emilia questioned quickly, pulling away from her brother to look round for Isaac, wiping away her tears.

"Isaac's fine, he's with your parents." Peter answered, Emilia nodded slowly pulling herself up from the ground.

"Em!" Jason called after his sister, watching as she rushed out of the room, letting out a sigh as her bedroom door slammed shut.

_

"You can do this." Emilia mumbled to herself, taking deep breaths as she walked to her car.

Emilia stopped herself from letting out a scream as someone grabbed onto her arm whilst climbing into her car, twisting round to stare at Derek in shock.

"Derek?" Emilia whispered, rushing out of her car "Derek!"

Emilia's eyes didn't leave Derek's injured body as he fell to the ground, the shock preventing her from thinking straight.

"You're alive." smiling through the tears, Emilia knelt down next to Derek as he looked up at her weakly.

"Derek?" Emilia frowned, shaking Derek's shoulder as his eyes started to close "Derek!"

"You're alive." Emilia mumbled to herself, hugging Derek gently "You're okay."

Emilia felt like she'd gone to hell and back, Derek being alive was the best thing she could've asked for.

"Oh my god." Emilia sighed in relief, resting her head against his forehead "You're okay."

"I promised to never leave you again." Derek whispered weakly, gazing up at Emilia.

_

Hi guys!

Finally an update...

I feel so bad for Emilia, it was heartbreaking seeing her go through this again. Its even worse knowing this won't be the last time seeing her this broken either.

- Ebony

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.7K 32
Story is about Elizabeth olsen, the woman who is amazing and talented but doesn't know what real love is, she thinks that her relationship Is good an...
7.5K 286 8
Tommy and Bella have created a wonderful life together. Between their children, the families business booming, and Tommy being a successful politici...
177K 5K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
418K 1.4K 5
โ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐” ๐”ž๐”ซ ๐”Ÿ๐”ข ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐–๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ, ๐”Ÿ๐”ฒ๐”ฑ ๐”ด๐”ž๐”ฑ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐––๐–š๐–Š๐–Š๐–“ ๐” ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ข๐”ฏโž ๐’๐Ž๐๐’ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐๐€๐‘๐‚๐‡๐˜ ๐…๐€๐๐…...