Dil Jaanta Hai | ✔

By chaashnee

■WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2019 WINNER■ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▪︎● ● ●▪︎ For the Delhi Tycoons' kids, life has always been to... More

Wattpad India Awards 2019 Winner
e p i g r a p h
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
dil janna chahega
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
dil janna chahega
behind the words
Sequel/Extended Epilogue: Dil Dhadakta Hai
Book III/Stand alone: Dil Beparwah

before the words

23.5K 1K 402
By chaashnee

DIL JAANTA HAI | chaashnee

▪︎ e x c e r p t ▪

"I heard you've stopped ignoring people?"

Leaning against the counter opposite him, I stare right into his dark brown eyes. "Don't worry, you haven't cleared the list yet. Why aren't you out there? You seem to be Arnav's crowd."

"Bagging deals in a private welcome party?" He pours himself a glass. "You've clearly not figured me out yet."

"Oh really?" I tilt my head to the side. "What are you really like then? Clearly not a party animal either."

"Just like you. Hating situations that ignore my humane side."

Silence follows his sentence, not the uncomfortable one, but the one where there's no need to speak something.

Recapping the bottle, I give out a small smile. "If that's your way of bagging a deal with the Deewan Industry, let me tell you, you're talking to the wrong person."

His small, ever present smirk transforms into a smile continuing into a low laugh, as he shook his head.

Turning my back to him, I place the now quarter filled water bottle back in the refrigerator when he says, "You know, I have some theories about you."

"Well, everyone does," I return back to my position. "What's your version of my sob story?"

"I wouldn't call it a sob story," he shrugs.

"Well, people won't exactly introduce me as a rainbows and unicorn person," I reply, folding my arms.

"People are just beliefs, Arvika," his smirk is accompanied by his shiny eyes reflecting in the dim lights. "And you? You're the most intriguing theory."

These are the songs that have strongly influenced me to create the plot. Many of them are related to the scenes of Dil Jaanta Hai. Hope you get the theme;
suggestions always welcomed ;)

× No Good in Goodbye (The Script)

× Saathi Re (Kapoor and Sons)

× Phir bhi yeh zindagi (Dil Dhadakne Do)

× Everybody (Ingrid Michaelson)

× Youth (Troy Sivan)

× Laakh Duniya Kahe (Talash)

× Kahaani Khatm Hai (Udaan)

× Moonlight (Grace Vanderwaal)

× Bezubaan (Piku)

× Bezubaan (ABCD 2)

× Phir Wahi (Jagga Jasoos)

× Believer (Imagine Dragons)

× Bolna (Kapoor and Sons)

× Gossip Girl (Grace Vanderwaal)

× I Feel Good (Anjaana-Anjaani)

× Ikk Kudi (Udta Punjab)

× The Last Time (Taylor Swift)

× Raat Baaki (Ittefaq Se)

× Bad At Love (Halsey)

× Vapour (5 Seconds of Summer)

× Broken Home (5 Seconds of Summer)

× Daaru Desi (Cocktail)

× Photograph (Ed Sheeran)

I have put a lot of efforts for this book, and I'd like to clear a few things first.

DJH is a book aimed at, but not restricted to, the Hindi Speaking Janata, mainly because more than few of the dialogues are in romanized Hindi. But all readers are more than welcomed. However, I have not provided the translations to the Hindi dialogues, and neither do I plan on doing so, because I do like the exclusivity the story is creating. Providing the translations in parenthesis, right after the Hindi line or at the end of the chapter turns me off as a reader, and often restricts the flow of the story. That being said, if you are having any problem understanding the Hindi portions, feel free to highlight that line and ask about it in the comment section, or DM me.

It's often said that each one of us is struggling in their own way, and yet when time comes, we try to highlight our struggles and undermine others'. This also implies that we are the main characters of our own stories, but that doesn't mean that we should be ignorant about others or consider that they lead better lives. We deal with what we are capable of dealing with, and Dil Jaanta Hai is an attempt with such a perspective under focus. This book deals with the idea that vulnerability is what makes you strong.

And so, if you are an Indian teenager, and a highschooler, you will relate to this book. Dil Jaanta Hai is a creation of my mind, and it would be nice and good and brilliant of you if you don't copy the concept. I have taken a huge risk by making this one in the Hinglish language, and I hope it won't be difficult to understand. Your votes, comments and reads are worshipped, trust me.

So if you're Indian/teenager/can relate to this/like this story/alien/homo sapiens/emotionally drained/too happy/anything else, please please please share this story with your friends, comment and vote!

Despite the fact that it would have been interesting, I do not have a caste for DJH. I always imagine myself and my imaginary friends influenced by my real life people in the caste. And as a reader, I know so do you. It would be quite interesting to know who you caste as the characters in here, and maybe in one of the future chapters I'll reveal my dream caste for DJH characters.

Till then, stay tuned!

~chaashnee

copyright © chaashnee 2018. All rights reserved. No part of this work or any of its content may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted without the prior written consent of the author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778K 42.1K 85
"What do you mean I was gifted to you?" "It is not good to eavesdrop but you heard it right. You are a gift that was forcefully imposed on me." "Y-Yo...
407K 12.9K 35
20 May 2019 #209 out of 296K on 22/06/2019 in #shortstory #1 out of 116 on 22/06/2019 in #gupta #15 out of 1.21K on 22/06/19 in #ipkknd #20 out of 1...
53K 3.7K 9
■Extended Epilogue of Dil Jaanta Hai■ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▪︎▪︎▪︎ To the spoilt brats of Delhi's leading industrialists, life had taught a lesson. And now, ei...
181K 11.8K 41
Meera has been rendered cynical after her high school boyfriend dumps her right after their board exams end. She decides to make the next phase of he...