Loki's Daughter

By UnderworldsGoddess

"Her name is Hela," he replied, watching the infant lose interest in the shield and move onto something else... More

Loki's Daughter
Having Fun Shooting Guns.
Everything Looks Better In Green
You Can't Lock Someone Up When They Have Magic
The Encounter
Already Gone, Yet Still Here
Public School?
A Deadly New Power
To Asgard!
Meeting the Family
We Meet Again
Learning The Truth
Was I Hit By A Truck?
Being Difficult
Searching
A Little Fun
Ehehe, whoops?
Gone Too Far
Understanding And Breakfast
A Little Hint
Am I Evil?
Don't Let Them Take Me...
Back at S.H.I.E.L.D.
Asgard Again
Brothers?
The Mischief Maker's Mind
The Dagger
Heimdall
Thor's Key
Frigga's Key
Break Out
The Stone
The Cold Blade
The Death of A Guardian
The Trial
Epilogue

Odin's Key

38.6K 1.7K 1K
By UnderworldsGoddess

Hela looked at the two keys in her hands. They both gave off a shiny glow and they both sparkled in the soft light of her room. Fenrir sat on her lap and stared just as intently at the keys. The little fur ball tilted his head to the side. He let out a soft whine.

"Just one more, buddy," Hela whispered softly, "Just one more key."

A crease formed at her brow. There had been no more words from the mysterious voice that Hela had heard earlier in the day. She still didn't know who it was. Her first guess was that it was her father, but she knew that couldn't be true. It was not her father's voice she had heard. It was unfamiliar.

Yet she knew she had heard it somewhere. She wasn't sure where, but she had. If she could only put her finger on where.

Suddenly, the door to her room burst open and a twin set of white-blonde haired heads ran inside. Nari and Vali raced to her bed. Their eyes were gleaming with excitement. "Hela! Fenrir!" Nari ran ahead, his eyes lighting up with surprise as he saw the two keys. "You found the second key!"

Hela grinned and stood as Vali shut the door behind them. "Only one more to go now. How are you two on finding that door?"

Vali and Nari looked at one another and grinned. "We found it. It's down in a secret hall that we'd never noticed before." Hela's eyes widened at the news. A smile broke out on her face and she found herself laughing. She would be seeing her father soon.

"Great! Now, all I have to do is get the key from Grandfather and then we can find Dad. No problem at all."

The twins nodded in agreement and laughed. "Let's go tell Sleipnir. He should know, too." Hela nodded and hid the keys back under her dress before running out with her brothers.

The trip to the stables wasn't particularly long, but a cheerful one for the siblings. They had to keep in mind that they couldn't talk about their plan much on the outside, or someone might overhear them. That wouldn't be a world of good for any of them.

They ran down the path and entered the large stables, skipping and laughing through the stalls as they neared their brother's. His was a rather large stall, but of course, he was a prince. Horse or not.

Hela was the first to run into the stall, nearly spooking her older brother. But Sleipnir only let out a soft neigh and stomped at the floor as they came in, and tilted his head as the twins and Fenrir stumbled in after her.

Vali quickly shut the door behind them and sighed. Hela stopped too, and listened. When she was positive no one was in earshot, she pulled out the two keys.

"Just one more, Sleipnir! We've found the door, we know where he is! We just have to get the one last key from Grandfather!" The eight-legged horse let out another neigh and it seemed like his eyes gleamed with joy. Nari and Vali ran behind her and through their arms around her, and Fenrir ran to her feet.

Hela sat down in the hay and then leaned back. She closed her eyes with a smile.

Won't be long now, Daddy. We're going to find you.

The rest of the night was full of plans and laughter. Everyone was in good spirits now. Hela never once thought about the strange voice in her head that told her where to find her grandmother's key. She never once thought about her odd dreams, either. All she thought about was her father's face, and what he would say when they rescued him.

Hela fell asleep that night with Fenrir snuggled into her side. She had no troubles falling asleep. And that night, she had strange dreams of a man with silver eyes who seemed to be looking for something . He held a dagger in his hand, but something was missing from it. Something engraved.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

"Hela?"

"No..."

"Hela, wake up."

Hela jumped awake and sat up. It was morning. She looked around the room. Fenrir was sitting at the foot of her bed with a worried look in his eyes. Thor was standing over her, an amused look on his face. "Wake up, Hela. The All-Father wishes to see you."

"What? What does Grandfather want with me?" Hela felt sick at her stomach. Had her grandfather figured out what was going on? Thor smiled.

"Relax, Hela. He simply wants to spend time with you. He hasn't seen you since you were an infant, and he wishes to get to know you. He wants to take a walk with you in the gardens." Hela calmed slightly, and sighed through her nose. She nodded to her uncle.

"I'll be out soon, and I'll meet him in the gardens," she murmured. Thor nodded and, with another reassuring smile, he was gone. She blew a strand of hair out of her face and looked at Fenrir. "Well, buddy, guess this is as good a time to get that key as any. Wish me luck, Fenrir."

Hela dressed in a dark blue and black dress. She brushed her hair out and hurried out the door, sending Fenrir to find her brothers. She walked with a sort of adult-like gait. As though she were on a business trip. In a way, she was.

Odin was waiting at the archway that led to the gardens. His one cloudy blue eye seemed weary and dim. He seemed to be very tired. It made him look even older than he already was. "Good morning, Hela," he said as if addressing a partner in business.

Hela was still walking as such. She made her way to the man and looked up at him with a nod. "Hello, Grandfather. You wished to speak to me?"

"I wished to walk with you," Odin replied and gestured to a path in the gardens. "Would you do me the honor of a walk in the gardens?"

Hela gave another business-like nod. "Of course."

For a moment, they walked in silence. Hela didn't know what to say, so she just kept her gaze on the beautiful flowers. Every now and then her eyes would flicker to Odin to study him, to see if he might have the key with him now. She always looked away before Odin noticed her curious stares.

Odin was the first to break the silence. "I am to guess you have been enjoying your stay in Asgard?" he asked her.

Hela smiled and looked up at him. She nodded. "Yes, I love it here. I miss Earth, though."

"Yes, you and your uncle seem to have an obsession with Midgard," Odin muttered sarcastically, though not unkindly. "I have to say, I can't remember there being anything there worth giving up Asgard," he said with a sigh.

Hela thought for a moment. "Well, it's the people," she answered.

Odin glanced down at her. "The people?" he repeated. "The people there are ignorant, foolish. They rush through life without seeking its beauty."

"But that doesn't make them mean," Hela countered, then changed her wording, "Er, unkind." She frowned slightly. "My friends are very nice. The Avengers have always taken care of me. Steve looks after me the most, and he plays with me when I ask him to. Clint and Natasha promised to teach me self defense when I get a little bigger. Tony doesn't really like me, though, but I don't know why. He can be really mean and rude, and he always smells like alcohol, and because of it he always has to wear these big sunglasses, and-"

She was cut off by the hearty laughter of her grandfather. Odin was smiling in amusement at her. Hela hadn't even realized she was rambling. She gave a bashful smile. "I see," Odin said after his laughter had died, "I didn't realize you thought so much of these people."

Hela blushed and looked off. "They've been my family for as long as I can remember. My real family sent me away."

Odin's smile faded at the look of sadness that appeared on her face. When he spoke it was quietly, "Hela, you should know by now why I sent you to live on Midgard."

"Because my dad made a mistake, I know. But that didn't mean-"

"He was dangerous, Hela. Listen to me, please. You didn't know him at that time, not as I did. Loki was blood-thirsty, anyone who knew him at that time will tell you the same. He was half-crazed and angry at everyone. Yes, Hela, I know how much he loved and cared for you. Yes, I know he would never hurt you if he didn't know it. But, you must understand, Loki was not the man you met recently."

Odin seemed to be wheezing. But he continued. "When he was brought here he lashed out at everything as if he were some animal. I remember that day... He had shouted and attacked and snarled like some beast, like a crazed beast who wanted blood."

Tears rimmed the girl's eyes as she thought of her father acting so violently. She knew that he could become violent if he desired so.

"I sent you away to keep you safe," Odin insisted, but he was coughing now.

Hela's eyes widened as her grandfather slid to the ground. He was coughing tiredly. Hela didn't understand, she hadn't touched him! And she couldn't feel him about to die! So what was wrong?

"Grandfather! What's wrong with you?" She fell to Odin's side and held her hands over his body, afraid to touch him.

Odin rasped out softly, "Odinsleep, my dear. Happens every so often. Do not fear it." He smiled a weak smile.

Something caught Hela's eye. A gleam. A bright, glittering key had fallen out from under Odin's shirt. Her eyes widened as she gently wrapped her fingers around it. Odin's eyes widened a little but he didn't seem to be able to speak. So Hela did. "The last key," she whispered. Odin opened his mouth to speak, but his eyes closed and he went still.

Hela's eyes went wide. She yanked the key from her grandfather's neck. She stuck it in a pocket in her dress. Quickly, she stood up. "Help!" she screamed. "Someone, help! It's Grandfather!"

As guards approached Hela stepped back with a worried look. In reality though, excitement swirled inside. She had the final key.

She was going to find her father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301 21 18
"And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that da...
20.8K 618 51
Asgard was once a happy place for Freya but after her mother was murdered everything seemed dark and sluggish. Freya lived with her horrible neighbou...
5.7K 251 41
Picking up after the fight with Killian aboard the Norco, Izzy has fully retired from SHIELD, now living and working with Tony, at the tower. She was...
275K 7.3K 40
Stark Bleiben |Stay Strong| Tony Stark's Daughter *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•* At a young age, Veronica's mother died. A father who...