Best Friends With Benefits

Oleh chloessica

Aiden and Peyton are best friends. Just best friends. Are they? Nah. As they both begin to feel their feeling... Lebih Banyak

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifthteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Thirty Five

42.9K 919 460
Oleh chloessica

Gale smiled sweetly at me and when I returned the small gesture things turned. It happened so fast I didn't have time to process the situation and stop him because before I knew it Gale was leaning into me, his lips only centimetres from mine. The world had frozen and we were the only living specimens left, his hand fixed onto my cheek, brushing the skin and causing me to shiver even though there was a warm breeze threatening me to break a sweat. I closed my eyes as a reaction and Gale's tender lips touched mine, they were gentle and the pressure was light. I remained still keeping my body in its position, I wasn't sure if it was because I didn't want to move or because I couldn't, but I didn't want to try. I was barely breathing and could feel his breath dancing on my skin. He pulled away momentarily and I remained where I was, worried that if I moved the moment would end. I could still feel his presence so close but he was getting more distant as his heat disappeared, I opened my eyes and he was sitting back in his position, a foot away.

"I'm sorry" Gale guiltily looked to the floor and his hands were white from him gripping them so hard.

"For what?" I whispered, still in shock from the kiss.

"I needed to do that" That was when I realised something, it was a small difference between Aiden and Gale's kisses. Gale's were tender and sweet with emotion whereas Aiden's kisses could start soft but soon turned passionate and deep with further physical intent. I couldn't believe that it had taken me this long to discover why I was so at battle between the two guys. They were both offering different relationships. My problem was that I wanted a slice of both but I had to admit that Gale was definitely becoming more appealing by the day. As Gale fiddled with some grass between his fingers I couldn't help but wonder if the only thing that was keeping me attached to Aiden was the past?

I also wondered how much longer this would go on for, I wanted to pick one of them. It was doing my head in and probably everyone else around me too. Today was the day, by the end of today I would know who my future was to be with and I would focus on that person. That I promised myself.

I focused my eyes back onto Gale who was now standing a few metres away, staring out towards the coast. "Shall we take a walk down there?" I questioned. The sand was inviting and also a walk was the only thing I could think of to break the growing awkwardness.

"Sure" He quickly looked over to me as I approached him, I think he was just glad that I hadn't run off since the kiss. When I reached him I nudged into him playfully and he lifted up his arm allowing me to fix myself next to him where he relaxed his arm over my shoulder like I was used to, my protective wing. We strolled until we reached the water and the waves were extremely calm, the beach was partially crowded but as the sun gradually set the amount of people filtered out, leaving Gale and I to have some privacy. When I glanced back in the direction of the cafe it was concealed by trees making me realise how I must have assumed that it was a house before.

I sat down onto the sand and Gale sat beside me, he seemed to be preparing himself for the talk I was about to start, but I didn't. I didn't want to explain to Gale that maybe I would have a future with Aiden instead because something didn't sit right and I was struggling to accept that that is what I wanted.

"So, what's the deal?" Gale looked at me and I focused on his eyes which were gentle but serious.

"What?" I mumbled as I dragged my fingers through the sand beneath me.

"I can't keep doing this Peyton, I need to know what's happening" His voice was small and I had never heard his voice so meaningful apart from when he told me he loved me, which I was still in shock from but had pushed aside. He looked away from me and began to wander towards the waves, I found myself following him, when he stopped by the waves I touched his back with my fingertips and he stiffened as if not expecting my touch, he turned to face me and I could feel the cool  water spreading over my feet refreshing my senses.

I raised my arms around his neck and he laced his around my waist and we stood for a moment just in each other's embrace, me resting my head onto his shoulder. The rest of the world was non-existent and I lifted my head only to find that our noses were practically touching and that his lips were moist and too close to bare. After seconds of stillness my phone buzzed again in my pocket, separating us.  I snatched it out and angrily answered.

"Hello?"

"Peyton, where are you?" It was Aiden and he sounded irritated, probably since I didn't pick up his last call.

"At the beach" I said bluntly.

"Why?" I didn't see why it was any of his business, couldn't he leave me alone for five minutes?

"Because I am" I snapped and felt slightly guilty afterwards but not as guilty as I felt when I released my grip from Gale to answer Aiden's call.

"Who are you with?" Aiden's voice was becoming more uncomfortable to hear and I had to stop myself from the urge to just disconnect the call and hang up.

"Does it matter?" I didn't want to tell Aiden I was with Gale because that would only anger him more and probably cause another argument which I didn't want because I wanted to spend time here with Gale, not talking to annoying Aiden.

"Yes! Who?" It was obvious I was with someone because I would rarely go to the beach by myself and all of a sudden I felt no intention of hiding the truth from him, if he wanted to know then I would tell him.

"Gale" I proudly stated and I could almost hear the growl in Aiden's throat at the sound of the name. Good, I didn't care. "Can I go now?" I uttered when there was no reply and Aiden said good-bye. I was annoyed that Aiden cared so much, he would get jealous and not in a cute, protective way but an annoying, obsessive way that made me prefer Gale's laid back, chill personality. Maybe Gale was what I needed in my life.

"Is it the boyfriend?" Gale teased and a smirk spread over his face, I was glad someone found it funny and it lightened my spirits.

"He's not my boyfriend, just an irritating friend at the moment" I smirked back and Gale held out a hand which I took with mine. We walked across the beach for another 10 minutes and I had continuous flashbacks to when Aiden and I would walk along the beach in Florida, but instead of feeling guilt towards not being with Aiden now, I felt relief, a new me was born.

"Are you the spontaneous type?" The question caught me off guard for a moment as I considered what he might of meant but then I answered.

"I guess so" Just as the words left my lips Gale turned towards me with a grin covering his face. His smile was dazzling and his eyes were glistening with excitement and butterflies formed in my stomach. Gale bent down and seconds later I was over his shoulder, his arm securing me in his grip.

"Gale!" I squealed and he tightened the grip as he began to walk, where was he going? Then I realised, the water. Gale strolled into the water as if I weighed as much as a hamster, I didn't attempt to wriggle out of his grip because if he put me down now I would land into the water anyway.

"I've always wanted to do this" He chuckled as he released his grip and shrugged me off, he clasped his hands onto my waist making sure that the fall wouldn't hurt me but I still landed flat into the water, the waves up to my chest. We were both in fits of laughter and when the cold water finally seemed to be warming up I didn't mind being in it.

"I can't believe you just did that" I giggled as I pushed my way back through the water to reach him, our clothes were soaked. Gale lifted me into a bridal carry and this time I didn't reject, he carried me back onto the beach were we stood for a moment allowing the water to drip off of our clothes.

I had turned away for one moment and when I turned back Gale had slipped his t-shirt off. His wet abs were toned like a model in a sports magazine and his trousers sagged on his hips, revealing other muscles. I had to lick my lips as my mouth was drying and I slightly turned away again so that he wouldn't see me looking. Gale approached me, holding his dripping t-shirt and I faced him, he was smiling a kind and sweetening smile.

"What?" I laughed when he didn't say anything and just looked at me.

"You are so beautiful" Gale rested his hand onto my cheek again and I never wanted it to leave so placed my own hand on top, lacing my fingers with his.

"Gale, I hate compliments" I stated and he laughed himself.

"If you were mine you would get them all the time" He teased as he pulled me slightly closer and I could feel his breath on my skin once more, the heat danced on my chilled face and his lips were all too inviting.

"Are you trying to give me a reason not to date you?" I joked back.

"So you want to date me?" Gale's eyebrows raised in recognition and a playful smirk tugged at his lips.

"It's complicated" I looked down and released his gaze but still kept our distance close.

"Aiden doesn't deserve you" Gale looked away this time and he took a small step back which surprised me and made me slightly disappointed.

"And why is that?" I looked up to his face but this time he wasn't playing, my smile vanished and I stepped closer to him to study his expression further. When he said nothing, I urged him. "Gale" He studied my face and when he understood that I needed to know, he told me.

"Aiden is with someone else"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.9M 37.5K 34
Peyton and Parker have known each other from the very moment that her brother, Asher, brought him over after school in second grade. All of this time...
100K 1.9K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
578K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
26.1K 1.5K 59
7 months after the tragic death of her father, Hayley Jones finally feels like she can breath again. After giving up drinking and partying, things ac...