Flame Of The Gamer

By WeiMoZhiEr

In the reality world, an adult was smiling behind his mask. Seated at the edge of the balcony, he watch silen... More

Done
Fandom Announcement
ANNOUNCEMENTS
ANNOUNCEMENT
Discord Server
Prologue
Quest 1: The Abyss
Quest 2: My Life
Quest 4: The Start Of KHR
Quest 5: The Foreign Storm
Quest 6: The Little Lightning
Quest 7: The Monstrous Cloud Pt.1
Quest 7: The Monstrous Cloud Pt.2
Quest 8: The Shining Hoseo- SUN!!!!
Quest 9: Spade
Quest 10: Deck
Quest 11: The Mist Among The Mist
Quest 12: The Mist's Lies
Quest 13: The Fog that Subsided

Quest 3: Living In KHR

9.3K 377 201
By WeiMoZhiEr

Yurei sit at his seat near the window, fiddling with either the chess piece or the dices in his pocket.

He sighed.

"If I'm in this world...." He paused for a while. "Should I? Or should I not get involved with the mafia?"

He tap a finger to his chin until he flick his other hand out and somehow got a coin from somewhere.

And did a coin toss.

His eyes eyed the coin as it fall, as if in slow motion.

"Heads."

After what seem to be like an eternity, the coin fall onto the floor.

Revealing tails.

Yurei sighed again as he pick the coin up.

"And here I am...hoping I would just be a spectator.... Well, looks like I will be involve after all!"

Considering that he died at the age of 19 in his world....

So adding his age here....

He have the mentality of a 33 year old....

"Wow, I'm that old...." Yurei whistled as students started to fill the classroom and the teacher soon came in, starting the class.

******

It wasn't long until the long-awaited lunch break finally came.

Yurei yawn into his hand as he got up from his seat; with his bento in hand, he walk out of the class.

Only to sidestepped an attack(?)

He look at his attacker who kissed the floor, his leg twitching.

"Reita Naidama (last name-first name), this is your 56th attempt attack this month which again......is a failure."

Yurei stated as he look at the smoking(?) corpse. Getting no response, he turn to leave.

And he was taken aback by a yell; eyes widening at the same time.

"SAKKAKU YUREI, I DEMAND A CHESS REMATCH!!!"

"Eeehhh? I thought we already have a rematch for..." Yurei trail off, mouthing to himself as he count down a few fingers.

"....247 times already?"

Naidama was fuming so badly that you can even see smoke coming out from his ears. He then pointed at Yurei, yelling at the same time.

"AND I LOST TO YOU EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! THAT'S A DISGRACE FOR ME AS A CHESS CLUB PRESIDENT!!!! I DEMAND A REMATCH!!!"

'Eeeehhhh? But I want to eat....'

Yurei's head drop down before he look up, using his hand to run through his hair.

"Fiiiiiinnnnneeee..... If I win, you leave me alone! I wanna eat in peace, at least!"

"Deal!"

****** A Few Moments Later~

A dark aura is seen hanging above Naidama, he was comically crying at his loss.

Yurei just sighed and shook his head.

"Finally...it's done...."

And the bell rang.

"Now there's go my lunch break..." Yurei stood up. "Whatever...not hungry anyway."

As he walk to the door, Naidama finally stop crying and look at Yurei.

"Why do you always take games seriously?"

Yurei paused with a hand on the door frame. He looked back.

"Because game is what created my existence," He smiled. "As I am the Game Master."

He mutters the last few words so that no one else heard it.

"Oh yeah, one more thing. Naidama?"

"Hai?"

"You shouldn't always try to attack your opponent recklessly. Try to lay out a plan and strategize first. Only then can you checkmate."

And Yurei left for his class, not before adding something. "Not like you will listen through that thick skull of yours...."

******

Soon it was after school, and every students were finally free from the Hell call 'school'!

Yippee!!!

Yurei was packing his books into his bags when he felt someone's presence by his table. He closed his bag and look up.

To see that it was a girl from the first year class. A girl of average height with long brown curly hair and green eyes.

"Etto...." The girl fidget a little. "Namae wa Miyami Akane (last name-first name)...."

"Etto...." The girl fidget again which cause Yurei to raise a questioning eyebrow.

"Nani?"

"Suki desu!" The girl finally confessed. "Watashi to sukiate kudasai!"

Translation: I like you! Please go out with me!

Please note that the whole class is watching, except for a few students who have left earlier.

"Hai?"

Yurei sweatdropped. He rubbed his cheek with a finger nervously.

"Etto...."

'Okay....how am I going to answer this?'

For as far as both Yurei and Zen knew, they have never dated a girl before.

So what to do?

A) Just downright reject her and make her cry?

Or

B) Just kindly accept it but in the end it's like leading her on...

Or

C) Should he flip out his PSP and see which path to take in the dating sim game?

Neither selection A or B is chosen...

And C is quite tempting...

Yurei shook his head.

Damn it! This is a serious business!

"Etto, Sakkaku-senpai!"

Yurei look at Akane Miyami.

"If it's too hard to decide...then...could you just go out with me for one day? Then you can see if you like me or not!"

I'm gonna give this girl some credit. She's brave.

'Now there's go my chance on rejecting her.... Wait...there's a way...'

"Er....sure? Ah, you're....Miyami-chan right? Why don't you come over for dinner today? My mother wouldn't mind an extra guest."

Yurei suggested as he smiled. Akane was now a blushing mess.

"I-I-I would love too!"

******

Okay......

Maybe Akane was too excited that she almost died of shock.

As the two of them left the school building, Yurei waved to someone.

"Kyoya!"

As the two of them approached the school gates, Akane almost died of heart attack on spot.

It was the famed Demon of Namimori!!!

"Hn, you're late."

"Sorry, got held up in something." Yurei said as he got his respond by getting whack on the head.

"Hey! It hurts!"

"Hn."

Akane was not believing what she was seeing...

How is he talking to the prefect so casually and not get bitten to death?!

Yes, she had heard of rumors of the school ikemen being childhood friends with the Demon...

BUT SHE NEVER THOUGHT IT WAS TRUE!!!!!

Kyoya seem to have notice her and gave her a glare that the poor girl immediately flinch. Yurei upon seeing this, quickly step in between them.

"Kyoya, don't scare the poor girl away! I invited her over for dinner, you wouldn't mind right?"

Kyoya look at his friend before looking at the girl. He then turn and walk away, causing Yurei to sigh in relief.

"Knowing him, he would probably want an explanation later..."

******

"Oh my...Dear! Yurei finally brought a girl home! A cute one too!"

When the trio reached the Sakkaku Household, they were greeted by a cheerful woman in her early thirties. With black hair that's tied into a braid and bright blue eyes.

"Ah, Miyami-chan. This is my mother, Sakkaku Kairi. As for my father....you will meet him later."

As for Kyoya?

He is already in the dining room.

"Yurei? Go get change, dinner will be ready soon."

"Hai. Miyami-chan? Don't worry, I will be back soon. Why don't you wait at the living room?"

With that, Yurei then went up the stairs. And Akane was guided to the living room.

Let's just say it wasn't a really good decision.

Since a certain skylark's aura was literally stabbing knives at her.

May God let the poor girl live through the whole ordeal....
Amen.

******

"How's the food Miyami-chan?" Yurei asked.

The Sakkaku family, Kyoya and Akane were finally seated.

To save the poor girl from dying any longer, Yurei sat beside Kyoya. Leaving Akane to sit on his right.

"The food is very delicious! Sakkaku-senpai's mother is such a great cook!"

"Ara ara! It's not that good!" Kairi blush as she wave her hand.

"See anata? I told you that you were a great cook!" The father, Sakkaku Kaname, added.

"Hn. Agreed."

"I told you Mom is a great cook!"

"Hold it..." Kairi said. "'Senpai'? ......Yurei, you have a junior girlfriend?"

"Ohohoho~"

"Mom! It's not like that! And Dad! You're no better!"

"Hey! What does that got to do with me?"

"You were the one who was too chicken of a man to make the first move and ask Mom out!"

"But I did ask her out in the end!"

"Yeah...after she heard you muttering at some corner growing mushroom!"

"We are not talking about this on the table!" Kaname declared, using his eyes to send a silent message to his son.

'No way you're winning again!'

'Oh~ you're on Old Man!'

"I'm not really his girlfriend yet...." Akane finally decide to speak up, causing both mother and father to look at her with a question mark floating above their heads.

"I....I just confess to senpai today! And....and....and.... He invited me over for dinner today since I suggested that we should go out for him to be sure of his feelings!"

Kairi look at Akane. "Well, I like you since you're a honest girl....but..."

"We should let Yurei decide, and we would respect his decision. Since, well....he never regret the choices he makes." Kaname continued for his wife.

The both of them look at Yurei with a smile.

******

Dinner ended quite peacefully.

Kyoya already went back since he already got his explanation.

Yurei was walking Akane home since it was getting late.

"Etto....Sakkaku-senpai?"

"Miyami-chan, I've already decide."

Akane's heart was already pounding against her chest as Yurei face her while rubbing the back of his head.

"I'm sorry....but I can't go out with you."

Eh?

"N-n-nande?"

"What you feel about me now. The love you're experiencing now is just puppy love. You don't truly love me." Yurei try to explain very....gently(?) as he could.

"How do you know if I truly love you or not?!" Akane question again, which cause Yurei to sighed.

"It's because I know so. I don't want to hurt you by leading you on."

"How do you know?!"

"You only 'love' me because of my popularity and appearance. You barely know me!"

"I do!"

"If you do....then name one thing I like the most....other than playing games..."

"You...you....I...I...you...like..."

"See? You don't know me well." Yurei confirmed. "Miyami-chan, you're a wonderful girl. You deserve someone better."

'Not me....a person who could easily manipulate your life through games...'

"Ah....looks like we're here. Oyasuminasai Miyami-chan."

And Yurei finally left.

Leaving Akane alone....

When she finally cry her heart out in her room....

And Yurei?

He was pulling his hair in frustration in his room.

"GAH!!!! That was like the most cliche out of the most cliche anime rejection ever!!! Aaaaaahhhhh! And I wanted to go for a cooler one too!!!"

A knock came from his door.

"Yurei, are you alright inside there?"

"I'm fine Mom!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.2K 4K 100
Sawada Tsunayoshi hides his true self beneath a mask after he was almost killed by his parents and younger brother , becoming Cielo an ice cold princ...
26.9K 1.3K 10
Sawada Tsunayoshi had died, and his Family is left crushed and devasted by the loss of their sky. Regret is a fickle thing, and Tsuna is trapped, una...
163K 5.5K 14
SUMMARY: After Reborn informs that Tsuna and his classmate gonna go on a trip to Italy, they roar in happiness, thinking of the rare chance to travel...
16.5K 782 20
tsuna, reborn and his guardians was celebrating his birthday until His HI rung up and *boom!*unexpected things happen. a man In a blank mask with a...