How The Good Girl Changed The...

By TruthfulRumours

Teenager, Dakota is leaving the snowy depths of Ohio and moving all the way to Las Vegas, Nevada! The moment... More

How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 1
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Box Chpt. 2
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Box Chpt. 3
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 4
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 5
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 6
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 7
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 8
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 9
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 1O
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 11
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 12
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 13
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 14
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 16
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 17
How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 18

How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 15

515 7 0
By TruthfulRumours

Dakota's POV(:-

That night, I cried myself to sleep. I hadn't done that since Dad killed himself. I strictly remember the pact I made myself; Never to cry yourself to bed again unless it was just super serious. Could this be counted as serious? Not really, but it just hurt.

How could Mum just move on from Dad when I haven't. It's not fair and I don't understand how she could be so... Cruel.

"Dakota, wake up honey. Time for school." My mum said as knocked on the door.

"Kay." I croaked out. Pulling the covers off of my body, I went to my closet and just threw on whatever I could find. Walking toward the mirror, I examined my outfit; White tank top, black half jacket, dark blue skinny jeans, and neon red shoes. My brush was on my desk so I walked towards it and saw a note written on it. Instead of reading it, I just tossed it in the trash can, and walked back to the mirror with my brush.

I was tieing my hair up into the ponytail when an unexpected guest entered my room.

"Hi Dakota." Spencer said to me; I just ignored him and continued tieing my hair up. He checked the trash can and I could see his blue eyes hardening in the mirror reflection.

"Was that your note?" I whispered, still facing the mirror. His hands made their way into his pockets and his head ducked down a bit. I watched him carefully through the mirror, studying every single slight movement.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"You're still a player and I'm still Dakota. Spencer, I think it's just best if we just don't even talk to each other. Both of our lives would be much easier." I said and he nodded slowly.

"Can I at least get a goodbye hug?"

"It's not a goodbye, it's just a... Space break." I just wanted him to go, because I knew if I hugged him, even held him, I wouldn't want him to leave. "I push people away Spencer."

He looked up when I said that. Slowly, he approached me and turned my around. I was staring into his deep blue eyes and he just stared right back into mine.

"Well, don't."

"Don't what?" I asked. His eyes were just making me forget everything.

"Don't push people away." He kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger for a few seconds, then he pulled away and walked out of my room. I could hear the front door slam and his footsteps on the rocks. Sighing to myself, I looked down at my shoes.

"Dakota, Hun, it's about time to go to school." Mum said after a few moments. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the house.

Forget breakfast, I can eat lunch later on. I told myself. I was in the car and ten minutes later, Mum was finally coming out of the house. Her hair was curled and her face looked somewhat... Brighter.

"I'm going to be late to school." I told her when she hopped into the car, reeving it up, and speeding down the road.

"I know, I know! I don't need any crap right now Dakota!" She yelled. I bit my tongue to keep from speaking. Once we got to my school, I didn't even wait for Mum to stop the car. I opened the door, grabbed my backpack, ignored my mother's screams, and jumped out of the car. I could see her slam the open door and she peeled out.

"Hey Dakota!" I heard a male voice call behind me. Spinning in a 18O degrees, I saw the familiar face of Drew.

"Hi Drew." I simply said. His eyes narrowed slightly and his head cocked a bit to the side.

"What's wrong? You seem pissed off."

"It's nothing." Was my simple reply.

"I know I just met you and all, but you can tell me. Whatever it is, I won't judge or make fun of you." He opened his arms, and I guess it was meant for me to hug him. Deciding against it, I pinned my arms to the sides and just shook my head.

"It's alright. I can handle it." And like that, I walked away from Drew, leaving him alone. The bell indicating classes were about to begin rang and I silently walked to Maths. I made it just in time for the bell to ring.

"You're about 5 seconds early before the bell, Ms. Porter. I suggest getting to school on time." Mr. Morrison said to me once I took a seat in the back. Logan kept staring at me and I was feeling extremely awkward.

Mr. Morrison began the lesson and I completely spaced out. Yet again, my paper was blank and I had nothing to turn in.

"Ms. Porter, can you stay after class for a moment? I need to have a little chat with you. Don't worry, I'll write a pass for your next class." Mr. Morrison asked once all the students filed out. Sighing and cursing under my breath, I walked to the front of the room where he was standing.

"Yes, sir?" I asked as I took a seat in the front desk.

"Well, your files say that you were an excellent student in Maths. Always had A's, never once failed a test, but here you are in my classroom, spacing out and looking into nothingness. Is something wrong?"

"No, sir." Was my simple response. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Dakota, please. You know you can tell me, right?" That line sounded very familiar; It brought the memories of leaving Drew behind.

"Yes, sir." Remember what I said about when I was around elder people with authority, I was almost too polite? This was one of those times.

"Alright. Well, what's your next class?" He asked me.

"Science, sir."

"Enough with the sir! It makes me feel old." Mr. Morrison smiled at his joke and I just gave him the blankest face I could manage.

He took a pad of paper and a pen out and began writing. When he handed me the slip, I grabbed my backpack, and walked out. I slowly walked to science, praying that Spencer wasn't here today. I didn't think I could handle seeing him be a player or even be next to him because I would break down in tears.

When had I become so mental?  I thought to myself. I used to not even care about people except for my Mum and Dad. Now, I'm caring about other people who I should just be pushing away. What have I turned into to?

Sighing to myself, I pulled the pony tie out of my hair and let my hair fall down. I ran a hand through my hair, attempting to make it look better then it was. You know how people twitched or cracked their hands? When I ran my fingers through my hair, it was my nervous habit.

Taking one more deep breath, I opened the door, and walked in.

"Care to explain why you're late, Ms. Porter?" My science teacher asked. I handed her the note and went to go sit down at my table. Sadly, Spencer was there. Luckily, he was completely ignoring me. Instead of looking at me, he was staring down at his phone.

"Mr. Evans, you know that I don't allow texting in my class. Either read the text messages out loud or hand me your phone." Ms. Darnell said, looking directly at Spencer. He slowly lifted his head up and smirked at her.

"I don't have to give you my phone." He sneered. The fury in her eyes were burning; Her blue orbs turning to black, her pale freckled face turning a firey red, and her hands clenched.

"Give me the phone Spencer." She said with such authority.

"Or you'll do what?" Spencer sneered yet again.

"Go to the principle's office!" Ms. Darnell shouted. Spencer's head turned to my direction. He winked at me and a sly grin crossed his face.

"You really hate me, don't you?" I whispered as he packed his things up.

"You need your space break. I'm giving it to you, babe." He whispered back. I grabbed his wrist and watched him flinch. My eyes widened and I felt them pleading.

"Don't do stupid things just to get away from me." His hand was pulled out of my grip and he stormed out of the classroom.

"Any else want to leave this place?" Ms. Darnell threatened. No one said a peep and she began her lesson on the brain of animals. I struggled to write down everything she said.

I was in my own little world when I heard the chair next to me squeak on the ground.

"Hey Dakota. Long time no see." Teased Andy.

"Hi Andy! I didn't know you were in this class." I happily said. Finally, someone who knew me.

"Well, here I am." Andy was about to say something else when Ms. Darnell interrupted him.

"Mr. Sixx, help Ms. Porter with the lab right now, or else you're both going to do the lab by yourselves." She threatened. Seriously, this lady must have been on her period of something.

"Okay, I'll get the stuff we need. You look like your struggling." He said to me and flashed me a sympathy smile.

Andy walked away to go get our supplies for whatever lab we were doing. I was off in my own little world when someone's body made me look up.

"Hey Megan." I casually said. I was 99.9% sure that the girl that had went into Spencer's house yesterday was Megan, but I just pushed it aside. She was happily together with Drew and I knew she wouldn't break anything they had.

"Listen, you little slut. I don't want you anywhere near Spencer. I could give less of a shit that you're neighbors with him. Stay the fuck away from him." She spat. You could practically taste the venom in her words. What had happened to the extremely cheerful and almost preppy girl from yesterday?

"Okay." I simply said. She walked away with her nose held up high as if she were the complete and most best shit ever.

Andy came back with the supplies before I could even react.

"So, all you have to do is study which brain is which and write it down. If you want, I can tell you what it is and all you have to do is write it. Deal?"

"Deal." I said. He began examining all the different animal brains and I wrote them down as fast as I could. Andy didn't look much like a nerd at all, but he was seriously smart!

"Ms. Porter, can you do me a favor?" Ms. Darnell asked me.

"Okay."

"I want you to identify this animal brain. I've been watching both of you and I see that Mr. Sixx here has been naming all of them. If you tell me the wrong brain, you're getting a detention after school. Understand?" She threatened.

"Yes, Ms." I walked over to where she was and looked into the microscope's lens. My stomach churned as I looked at the bloody brain. "It's a cow brain Ms."

"Ugh. That's right. You may go back to Andy." And like that, she shooed me away and I happily walked back to our table.

"Are you alright? You look a little pale." Andy worried over me. His hand felt my forehead and I could feel the sweat building underneath it.

"I'm alright. Just... A little light headed. Nothing too extreme." I told him. Okay, that was a serious lie. I wanted to vomit my entire insides out. My head was beginning to pound and I just wanted to lay down.

"Here." Andy handed me a bottle of water and within seconds, I drowned the bottle's insides. "I guess you were a bit thirsty." He teased. I rolled my eyes and thankfully asthe bell rang, indicating third period.

"Can you clean it up? I'm so sorry." I told him. He nodded and shot me a reassuring smile. My hand lightly touched his shoulder as a sign of thanks and I grabbed my backpack. I quickly walked toward the exit and began walking to reading alone.

That's what sucked about being the new girl and nerd. You had no friends to really be with. All those teen preppy movies that you saw in the theaters with the nerds in the background were actually true. There were two types of nerds.

A. The ones like me who had no friends or very little friends.

B. The type of people that were popular, but they were also smart, so people called them 'nerds'.

Before I could finish my though process, I bumped into someone's back, causing me to fall to the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I yelled as papers fell on top of my stomach.

"I'm sorry to. I should have moved. Here, let me help you up." A male voice said. My vision was blurred slightly, but I could faintly make out an open hand. I grasped it and whoever the owner of the arm was, heaved me up, and patted my hair.

When my vision finally deblurified itself, I could make out who I bumped into. Logan!

"I'm so sorry Logan." I told him. He just smiled at me and rolled his eyes playfully.

"I should make you pay for that, little weakling." He teased. Hey! Who knew that Logan actually wasn't that nerdy?

"I'm so sorry." I whispered once more. The warning bell rang and I practically ran to Reading. I was two steps into the room when the fire alarm rang. The term 'saved by the bell' had never felt so perfect in my entire life.

"Ms. Porter, over here!" Called my teacher Mr. Bergin. He waved his fat arms in the air, motioning me to follow his class to get outside. I speed walked to where his class was, clutching my backpack tightly, and we all had to line up.

"Franchesi, Radke, Sixx, Samberg." My teacher said as he spoke to himself, counting all the students that were here. "Holy shit, someone's missing. Where's Porter?! Oh wait, never mind! FOUND HER!" He yelled just in time for the kid was Franchesi could go inside to search for me.

"I didn't know teachers were allowed to curse, Mr. Bergin." I snickered at him. He rolled his eyes and ran a hand over his balding head. His psoriasis was falling to the ground and I dry heaved.

"That's disgusting, sir." I commented. He just smiled his pedophile smile and laughed when I made a disgusted face.

"ATTENTION STAFF AND STUDENTS! IT IS SAFE TO GO INTO THE BUILDING! I REPEAT IT IS SAFE TO GO INTO THE BUILDING!" Mr. Evans voice echoed throughout the school ground. Some of the students (The nerds mostly) cheered and everyone else groaned. Everyone walked to the two little doors that led into the school and we all ran into a problem.

Since there were so many of us, we actually couldn't fit. Smaller people got squished and shoved by the jocks, and the jocks got hit by the girls trying to get inside. There were screams of profanity, shouts of anger, and cries of help as we all piled into the school.

I decided to stay back and let everyone else go in, so I was the only one by their self yet again, waiting for the herd of wild animals to pass.

"You look a bit lonely. Let me help you with that." Andy's voice purred in my ear. His arm made it's way onto my shoulder and without thought, I layed my head against it. I sniffed him and I'll admit, he didn't smell too bad. He smelled like Old Spice deo and it was a very comforting scent.

Finally, most of the kids were inside the building, so both Andy and I walked inside. We made it to Mr. Bergin's class as he began yell talk about how the story To Kill A Mockingbird was full of so much hidden racism in the town of Maycomb, Alabama.

"Do you all believe Tom Robinson would have made it if he had had two good arms?" Mr. Bergin asked. My hand raised up and he called on me.

"I do believe that he would have made it, and I don't understand why they had to shoot him 17 times. I mean, twice, maybe thrice times is plenty, but seventeen? That's much too uncalled for. I don't care if he's a Negro or not, it was uncalled for and unnecessary. So I do believe he would have made it if he had had both of his good arms." Everyone's mouths were wide open and I looked back at them. "What?"

"Oh my goodness, Dakota. I haven't heard that great of a speech since '79 when I was a dean in New York City. My gosh." Mr. Bergin said. I could feel my face turning red and just ran a hand through my hair.

"Thank you, sir." I said as I took a seat in the back, away from all the groups of three. Megan was glaring at me, Logan was pressing his lips into a thin line but I could make out the upturned corners of his mouth, and Andy was just looking at me as if I had just spoken in an alien language.

The rest of the lesson went by smoothly. I answered almost every question Mr. Bergin shot at us with long and thoughtful responses. What can I say? I loved the story To Kill A Mockingbird and all the deep-thinking was actually good for people's brains.

When the bell for lunch rang, I grabbed my backpack, and I was about to leave the classroom when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Spinning around, my nose hit Andy in the chest.

"Where do you sit at lunch? Or, where did you sit on Monday?" He asked me once I took a few steps back.

"I sat by myself outside.. Why?" I asked. Please let him sit with me, please let him sit with me, pleaseeee. My mind begged.

"Oh. No reason. I'll see you around Dakota." He tucked a piece of my loose hair behind my ear and walked away. I stood there dumbstruck and just smiled to myself.

Lunch wasn't bad. I had bought a slice of pizza, a Kiwi Strawberry soda, and a bag of Baked Ruffles and went back outside to sit by the tree. Drew had beat me there though. I was about to turn back around when he saw me and called me over.

"Dakota, come over here!" He had called. Sighing, I clutched onto my lunch tray tighter, and walked towards where he was seated. Alone.

"Why are you always alone?" I blurted out. My eyes went wide and he just shrugged it off, as if he had been asked that question many times and wasn't affected by it anymore.

"I prefer to be alone or in the company of only one person." He simply stated. His hand patted the grass in front of him, a motion for me to sit down. I sat down carefully and placed my tray on my lap. Eating with Drew wasn't too bad. At least he was eating as well, so there wasn't an awkward silence.

Once we finished, we just chatted about whatever came to mind, and by the time the bell rang, I had learned Drew's first named was actually Justin, his favorite color was actually purple, and he was into rap music.

I had asked him why he asked people to call him Drew if his name was Justin.

"Justin Beaver's middle name is Drew." He had simply stated.

"Bieber." I told him.

"Bieber, Beaver. Same thing." And with that, he smiled and I just rolled my eyes.

There was something about Drew that just made it so easy to talk to him.

"Let's walk to Geometry now." Drew said as I stood up, shaking the grass off of my booty. I nodded and we chit-chatted on our way to Geo. We dumped out trays outside the cafeteria and nearly ran to class. The bell rang the moment we closed the door behind us.

"Whoop! We made it in time!" Drew happily exclaimed. Ms. Alvarez began her lesson and luckily, I understood everything that went on. By the end of the period, I had two pages of notes and the worksheet completed. I handed it in and Ms. Alvarez gave me an approving smile.

Drew and I walked to Health as well. Was I really so unobservant that I hadn't realized that half of the people I knew were in my classes? When Drew and I entered the classroom, the teacher, Mr. Barney was fast asleep, so the entire class just talked. Megan shot me glares every time I talked to Drew, so I just gave up on talking to him. I told him to go be with Megan and he reluctantly agreed. Pulling out my sketchbook, I began doodling and before I could even realize it, I had drawn Spencer's entire face; Hair, shirt, and even parted lips.  

I was so obsessed with this kid. Smiling to myself, I will admit. I did a pretty spanking job. I wrote my name in the corner and threw it on the ground when the bell rang, signaling 6th period.

I walked alone, yet again, and before I could take in my surroundings, I went flying towards the ground; My vision blurred.

"Stupid bitch! Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend!" Some random girl shouted at me.

"Whaaat?" I asked, still completely dizzy from falling.

"Stay the fuck away from Andy! God, you stupid little whore!" She shouted. Her leg made contact with my stomach and I wanted to scream out in pain. I could hear her walk away as I collected myself.

You're okay. You're okay. You are perfectly fine. My brain kept chanting. Ignoring the pain in my lower stomach, I made it just in time for Art.

Ms. Marshall began happily talking about some field trip to Disney Parks and Knots Berry Farm when someone opened the door to our classroom.

"Hello Drew! What can I do for you sweetheart?" She chirped happily.

"Is it alright if I see Dakota for a quick second?" He asked somberly.

"Sure! Go ahead Dakota." I nodded and walked towards the back of the room. Drew grabbed my wrist and nearly yanked me out of the classroom.

"What's up Dr-" I began, but he cut me off by putting his finger on my lips.

"I have to make this quick." He whispered. "I never want to fucking see you again. You're a piece of trash. I should have listened to Megan when she said you were a horrible person. I can't believe you, whore. Fooling around with Andy, playing with Spencer, and flirting with me. You're a fucking bitch."

His words stung so bad. Each word after the next was like a slap in the face.

"I'm so sorry Dakota. I'll explain later, if I can." He whispered once more. "Never fucking talk to me." He said, his voice getting louder again. And just like that, he walked away, leaving me alone in the hall. I could hear a girl speak happily and I knew it was Megan.

I wanted to curl into a ball and cry, but I was still at school, so I couldn't do that. Instead, I plastered a fake smile on my face and walked back inside the art room.

"Okay, class. What we're going to do is just for today. I want you to take some paint and paint out your emotions at the very moment. Any rage, sadness, love, passion, anything that you're feeling right now, I want you to make a scenery for it. No humans or animals allowed. You have until the end of the period to hand it in." Ms. Marshall said.

Everyone got up and began shuffling everywhere. Some walked towards where the white canvas' were while others walked towards the paint; I got the paint first and then the canvas. I had black, red, orange, yellow, and blue paint with me. The idea I had was fresh in my mind as I began painting away on the canvas.

By the time I had finished, the fiery pits of Hell were painted onto my canvas. Ms. Marshall was strolling by, peaking at some people's canvas' now and then. She completely stopped when she reached mine.

"What's your feeling, Dakota?" She asked me.

"Rage." I simply whispered and she nodded. Thankfully, she didn't press on like last time, and walked away to go speak to the other students. I went to the sink and washed out all my brushes. By the time the bell rang, I was perfectly ready to leave while the other students had to stay in to clean up their messes.

Grabbing my backpack, I walked outside, and saw my mum seated in the car. She wore a sad smile on her face as I hopped in.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"Fine." I simply stated. Mum didn't beg for details; She knew that when I was mad or sad, I didn't want to talk about it until I was ready. I was thankful for that much.

The drive home was silent and I just walked to my room, slamming the door behind me.

I hated today. It had been okay in the beginning, nice during lunch, 4th period, and 5th period, but turned into hell quickly.

A knock on my door took me out of my angry thoughts.

"Dakota, someone's here to see you."

-

CLIFFFFFHANNGERRRR! OHOOHOH. This was probably one of the longest chapters I have EVER written. This chapter was probably one of the funnest to write as well. Even the twist towards the end was so fun to write [':

In the sidebar is the picture Dakota drew of Spencer c: [ I do not own the picture in any way. I just found it off of Google. I give all rights to the owner, and do not own it in any way, shape, or form. ]

:]Samm[:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 1.8K 31
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
632K 2.4K 64
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
16.9M 650K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
496K 9.7K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...