Souls for Satan

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 6

35.3K 2.2K 1.1K
By SianaghGallagher

"How much does your life mean to you?" Kaiden growled. "Not enough to make up lies."

"I-I'm not lying, we heard it from-"

"Kill him!" Sally yelled. "He's worthless anyway." Staring at her partner in crime, Ben should be sworn to secrecy about the information he was offering to spill. Of course, they know things about the demon and angel that they don't even know about themselves. A source came to them and told them everything, a backstabber among their own kind.

"D-Don't, please! I'll tell you everything. I-" A sudden loud echo filled the tiny room, making Milokan jump and press his back harder against the wall.

Kaiden flinched when something darted through the air and hit Ben right in between the eyes. flecks of his blood splashed on the demon's face while the human instantly fell limp in his arms.

Milokan looked up to see Sally pointing a gun at Ben, her eyes full of a sick emptiness.

"He can't reveal things like that. In our contract, we choose death instead of spilling our secrets." Even her voice was laced with cold emotions.

"His blood will always be on your hands," Milokan whispered. Sorrow was floating all around him, even Kaiden felt it leaking from his aura. But of course, the demon didn't care much for death, he was most likely going to kill the human anyway.

Kicking him aside, he crossed his arms and felt the pull of the chains and the stinging on his wrists. He watched how Milokan stared in horror. Sighing, he rolled his eyes and glared at Sally.

"Move him then. I don't want to look at your mess."

Sally turned and walked away. Not a single word left her lips, knowing she would be the one to tell Ben's family that he died. She dropped the gun to the ground and clenched her hands into fists, needing to keep herself together. That was the first human she had killed and she was questioning whether the slaughter was worth it for her job.

"Please wipe his blood off your face," Milokan said quietly as Ben's lifeless body was dragged out of the room, leaving a red trail behind him.

Kaiden, like the crazed demon he was, licked the side of his mouth, enjoying the taste of metallic human blood.

"You're disgusting." The angel closed his eyes and called for help in his head, praying that an angel would take pity on him and arrange for help. Yet, his hope was deteriorating.

Kaiden used his jacket sleeve and wiped the rest of his face.

"Human's surprise me every day. I can't decide if I like Sally after that or not." His amused eyes were once again taunting the angel.

"Don't you see?" The angel started looking very sorry for himself. "She just proved that she will kill us, too easily."

"I don't care. You see death too negatively."

"I am sure your mother would care."

"Don't you dare," He muttered and scratched the top of his arm and on the metal that sat under his skin, still keeping the angel as a stranger to be able to sense him. "Mention her again and I will rip your wings off."

The reminder of his wings brought back how uncomfortable it was for the young angel to keep them hidden.

"She must mean a lot to you."

"What did I just-"

"Why is it so difficult for you to just talk?"

"Because there are several things I'd rather be doing."

"Like what?"

"Putting my cold hands around your neck."

"You are so sadistic."

"Thank you."

Milokan cocked his head to the side. A thoughtful expression overtook his neutral observation and Kaiden found himself narrowing his eyes. For once, the demon was intrigued with what he was going to say, yet why should he care? He should be more focused on trying to escape. There was a little flick of irritation bothering him in the back of his mind. The angel's presence was capturing him without his consent.

"Why didn't you allow the human to torture me? Is that not what you would like to witness?" The gentle undertones within his silky angelic voice were far too soothing for the demon. He found himself gritting his teeth, not letting it calm him.

"I had the opportunity to hurt him. Right now, they are on my hit list. Then I will come back for you." A cold aura emitted all around the demon but it wasn't as dark as it was a few hours ago.

"I don't doubt that. Although, you were prepared to kill me this morning, something has changed." Milokan understood that he could taint the demon with words. "Furthermore, we have something more important to think about now, don't we?"

"Human's are pathetic liars, willing to make anything up for a reaction."

"So," The angel did not want to believe that there was a possibility of something out of the ordinary to be among them. coincidence or not, it was a frightful thought to know that a demon was in his life for a more meaningful purpose, "You are ready to believe that Ben was lying to save his life?"

Kaiden frowned. It wasn't traced with anger, a glare, or annoyance. He seemed suspicious.

"You are an angel. You will never be more than just an enemy."

"But you're different, I can see it. No other demon would be talking to me without wanting to gouge my eyes out. You are in my presence quite comfortably."

"And how do you know I'm not just plotting ways to kill you?"

"Because your eyes admit more than what you mean to show me."

Kaiden's expression altered. His mouth twitched and his eyes flicked around the angel's face. His mother has often said that about them. They were not just the gateway to his soul, they were the doorway to his heart and his most precious feelings. She used to tell him that someday, he would be a mastermind just by the beauty within the amber.

While the staleness in the room shifted to something a little warmer, the slight blip within the demon's traits awoke his cognitive emotions.

He gasped and suddenly clutched his chest. The angel perked up when he massaged the area over his organ with his thumb.

"What-"

"Shut up," Kaiden snapped, knowing the feeling would subside when he expressed his anger. He has felt the unfamiliar feeling only a select few times in his life and that was when he was with his mother and she smothered him with affection. When he was younger, her rare hugs would cause a little spark which he experienced only moments ago. It was a feeling that was foreign to the demons.

A yearning for love.

How was it remotely possible for a stranger to make him feel that way?

Milokan opened his mouth to talk but a sudden whisper from an angel boomed loud within his mind.

"Young angel, do not live in doubt as this is your opportunity to find your destiny. You must not lose faith, the humans are a part of the plan."

Milokan's glossy green eyes widened and stared at the crack on the wall, next to the demon's head. He reached up and brushed his short brown locks out of his vision.

"Who are you? Are you coming to rescue me? Did you hear my plea?"

"I am an elder angel young Milokan. You are very special, we need to keep you and Kaiden alive."

The angel frowned, then realised that Kaiden must be the name of the demon.

"I do not understand. Why-"

"If you know too much, your path will break. Listen to your intuition, you are destined for great things. No matter what young angel, stay faithful." And with those words spoken, the voice mellowed and the usual sound of the angel's whispers echoed gently around his mind. Milokan gawped at the demon who grew rather annoyed.

"What the hell are you looking at?" He growled.

"Uh-" The angel looked down, his heart was thumping in his chest. "I... this is not right." Was the kidnap staged by more than just humans?

Suddenly, his glorious wings burst free from the change in his emotion. He leant forward and allowed them to skim the walls and somewhat stretch. He sighed with relief while the room was bathed in the creamy glow.

The demon suddenly lunged forwards, stretching out his big hand, aiming to snatch a handful of feathers but the angel grabbed it with his own.

"No! Kaiden stop!" He cried. His wings were utter perfection and he wanted to keep them that way. They had healed from when the demon grabbed them on the country road.

Although, Kaiden did stop and hovered his cold hand in the air as the angel wrapped his little fingers around it.

"How do you know my name?"

"I-I was just told by an angel," He spoke quietly, a little afraid.

"Why?"

"I don't know. She told me that we needed to be kept alive and the humans were just a part of a plan."

"What plan?"

"I don't know."

"Did you not think to ask?" He barked.

"She said if I knew too much, my path would break."

Kaiden pulled his hand out of his grip, subconsciously missing the unfamiliar warmth of his fingers.

"What is going on here?" He started to glare, instantly needing answers. "I'm sick of all the secrecy!" His deep voice bellowed while he took his blacked out demonic eyes to the surveillance camera, sitting in the corner of the room. "Do you hear me!"

"I want answers too."

"Well, you should have asked," Kaiden hissed. He was starting to fear the unknown. He didn't like situations that he could not control, especially when it involved an angel.

Before they had the opportunity to start another heated argument, the door burst open, making the demon flinch at the sudden light. However, while he covered his eyes, the humans wasted no time and ran over to him. Three guys pinned him to the ground and stood on Milokan's leg in the process.

He winced in pain but the sudden chaos kept him distracted while Kaiden attempted to push them back.

"Hold his arm down!" A guy yelled while Sally stood in the doorway, supporting herself with crutches.

"Get off!" Kaiden attempted to bite the man but his teeth simply sank into a thick coat. They were once again prepared for his vicious attacks.

"There, I've located it."

"Then pull it out." Sally watched as they clamped the little bump on his skin.

"No, don't-" Kaiden gasped in pain after they ripped the small circle of metal out of his skin. Instant blood dribbled down his bicep and onto his jeans.

Milokan watched with wonder but as soon as the metal was placed within a container, an overwhelming sensation filled his body with shivers and goosebumps. The demon's scent grew stronger and he was given the ability to detect the species.

"It's working," Sally mumbled. "This is why nothing was happening, the demon was carrying a chip that was masking the bond."

"Are you sure?" Her boss stood in his pristine suit and watched how the angel was submerged within the demon's presence.

"Yes, I'm fairly positive."

The man in the suit brushed down his blazer and stood up straight.

"Well, let us leave and monitor them. Things are hopefully going to get very interesting."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 46 32
COMPLETED (First book in my unnamed Trilogy) You thought your problems were bad? Imagine having supernatural abilities. Nothing wrong with being gay...
556K 15.2K 77
A butler was the job description. Do what he wants. Get what he desires. That's all I have to do, but suddenly, I am thrown into a completely differe...
92 0 13
Akira is a young adult who's finally leaving her dad's house to go off to college. She meets a boy named Kai in her culinary class. To her very exist...
434K 13.5K 39
"Where I'm from, the fires are hot." He grasped my ass tightly. His mouth was close to my ear. "Nothing but endless screams of tortured souls for hou...