Sweet Creature * {h.s | AU}

By feastsonflowers

"You are a sweet creature, bunny," he said, grinning from ear to ear, "but I'm not gonna fuck you like one."... More

INTRODUCTION.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE.
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE.
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE

ELEVEN.

2.7K 43 31
By feastsonflowers

The few days past, you were always having your phone around you incase Harry calls when he is free. You would never forgive yourself if you weren't there when he calls. The daily routine of telling each other what happened throughout the day was still carried on over the phone. But it was a bit harder because you can't see his face and those sweet dimples when he laughs because he refuses to face time.

"I look awful," he'd say every time you begged him to face time.

"I find that both an insult to my face and my feelings," you would roll your eyes but soon realize he couldn't see your classic eye roll because he refused to face time.

The small chats over the phone in mid-afternoon is mostly giggling and talking about your surroundings, it didn't last long, but it still feels good to listen to his oddly comforting voice. And every day, you'd always hope that the moon ascends and took over the sun's job so you could have a nice conversation with him. You hoped that it turns night way long before the day even started.

"Having little chats with him again?" Danny sat down across you.

"Yea," you sighed before locking your phone off. "I miss him so much."

He smiled, "sure you do, sunshine."

You smiled back, things haven't got awkward like the way you thought it would be but there was still a thin layer of tension between you and Danny. The both of you carried on with your days as usual and the conversation over the hard wood floor vanished like a blurry dream.

"Hey, um, do I have to bring anything over tonight?" Your roommate was throwing a party in celebration of eighth year anniversary between you and him, he does this every year and every year, the next morning, you are always in duty to clean up his mess. But you never mind it, even though you both always ended up in a fight of what started with you complaining.

"Yea, bring your brain. Because I'm pretty sure you'll forget about it, just like every day," you said.

'Ha. Ha. Ha."

"Bring your car, you might have to drive me back to Harry's in case I am not sober and I surely do not want to sleep with a drunk in my bed or bathroom."

"Yeah, sure, send me the address."

Around eight thirty, the house started to flood with crowds of people you barely know, the music blasting off with something that isn't relaxing and you constantly checking your phone to see if Harry called in case you couldn't hear the phone ring over the high-volume party.

It started out with your roommate bragging you to everyone in the party until the party got merrier and your roommate getting drunk and possibly shoving his tongue inside his partner's mouth. You shuddered at that thought as you continue squeezing your way through the sweaty crowd, making your way to the backyard. When you finally reached the door, you couldn't help but to take deep breaths in of the city's air that doesn't smell like alcohol and sweat. Danny was sitting under a tree, you walked up to him and sat by him.

"So I take it that you're not enjoying the party?" you asked, taking in a swine of your drink.

"It's great, just too – sweaty," he said.

You let your drink run down your throat and hissing slightly at the burning sensation, "it's still an unresolved mystery to me of why people likes to party."

"I know, like why do you want to go to someone's house and dance with a bunch of people you barely know, and hook up with some random guy and get pregnant. Thus, the end of your awesome-partying-till-late-night life."

You giggled, "Or if you see it another way, go to some random person's house, get drunk, get sweaty, can't score a hookup, and then you go back home reconsidering your attractiveness. Thus the beginning of the typical I-got-implants story." You handed him your drink which he gladly took.

You missed being this close with Danny, but it felt wrong to be this close to him. Harry was the jealous type, and you love how protective he can get with you. It's like the thought of losing you to another guy would bore a hole into him. And you wouldn't like it either if he got real close with a lady. So you both promised to draw a line between friendships that would most likely lead you onto the railroad of cheating.

You kept on checking your phone, locking it on and off to check for missed calls or messages but it was empty. No calls or messages from Harry, you thought he might be sleepy and tired after the whole day spent standing and serving people at the convention so that you wouldn't get paranoid about it.

"Nothing from him?" Danny asked.

You shook your head before locking off your phone for good and shove it into your pocket, "he's probably busy, or tired."

"Oh, do you want to call him?"

You shook your head again, "no. I'm good,"

"Well," he frowned.

"What?" You asked. 

He shook his head, "nothing. Just thought that he'd call or something since he's your boyfriend." His tone was sarcastic or it was just the alcohol messing with you, but you got ticked off anyway.

You turned towards him, "Danny, what is wrong with you? I said I'm good." You knew you could do better than to throw it all on Danny because Harry forgotten to call you but paranoia seeps its way into your bloodstream.

"What? Nothing is wrong with me, I just thought that if he's your boyfriend, he should at least texted you to let you know that his fine and that you shouldn't be worried."

And thoughts started racing through your head. Why hasn't Harry called? Is he okay? Is he tired of me? No, it couldn't be, he's just tired. But he could have send a message, why didn't he send a message?  Your mind was in a frenzy mode, you took a look at your drink in your hands, wishing that you never should have drank it or even come to this party. Wishing that you were in Harry's apartment, in his bed right now sleeping comfortably in his clothes.

"Okay, seriously. What is wrong, Danny?" you asked, "Why does it bothers you so much if my boyfriend called or texted me to check in? Why do I feel this sarcastic tone and hidden messages behind everything you say?"

"Nothing, I'm just saying if I were your boyfriend, I would've called to check you in. Or at least texted."

"Well you're not, accept it. He's not you, Danny. He has actual work to do." you blurted out.

Danny's face turned red due to the humiliation. "So I don't have actual work to do? You know what? I could've been your boyfriend!" His voice raged, "If I would have went to that stupid blind date with you, I could have been your boyfriend by now. But I was a stupid fucking coward! Oaky? If I hadn't stood you up, I could have a chance with you."

You stayed silence, in astonished that the asshole was him. But at the same time you wanted to thank him for not showing up because that was how you met Harry.

He pulled himself up and stood in front of you, taking in a big breath before continuing, "And if I showed up that day, you wouldn't go on a date with him. If I went to your house a second earlier, I wouldn't be here telling you about how I feel because we could've been at my house!" Tears started swelling in his eyes as you were still trying to take in all this information.

"You want to know why I'm so bothered? Because I could have been your boyfriend. Three years, sunshine, I have met you for three years and now all I am left with is thoughts of 'if only's; if only I wasn't a coward; if only I showed up; if only time didn't flew by that fast.

"I love you, sunshine. I love you. I know it took me three years and nine months late to tell you that. But my love for you, my feelings for you, they still remain the same."

You set your drink down on the grass and stood up to join him. You held his hands in yours, with tears blurring your vision, you finally looked at him. "I'm sorry Danny. I love him."

His tears flowed down his cheeks. He retreated his hands back to wipe it off. "Good night, sunshine." He went back into the house and never appeared again.

You sat down and cried, you replayed the scene of him pouring his heart out to you in your mind again and again. reminding yourself of how big an asshole you were for being mad at him. How the existence of two lovers could hurt one's soul. A part of you knows that after tonight, Danny would be one of the fading person in your life but a small part of you still hopes that this was a terrible nightmare.

You woke up and find yourself in Harry's room. You were still in the attire of yesterday's wild night, your cheeks feeling dry with the tear stains, and your brain pulsing like it's a disco room. You fumble from the tangling sheets and made your way to the kitchen. A bowl of chicken soup was set on top of the table with a small note under it.

You were found drunk in the backyard so I sent you home, hope you don't mind. Here's a bowl of chicken soup, there's more in the pot. Heat it up if it's cold. Don't go to work if you're not feeling well. Take an aspirin if needed. Take care, sunshine.

Danny.

You sat down and drank the soup with tears flowing down every so often. You were a jerk to him of that harsh denial and yet he still takes care of you so delicately. Your head still hurts so you decided to stay in. You called Wally to let him know with your last few battery percentage on your phone.

"I know, Danny called in earlier. He said he's quitting. Well I hope you get better soon, sunshine. I really do need an extra hand around here." Wally hung up with a laugh before your phone died.

You plug in your phone to charge it up, took an aspirin and sleep through the afternoon to clear up your head.

It was around four in the afternoon when you woke up again, you checked your phone and saw that there were a few missed calls and messages. You were in a rush when you called Wally that you hadn't realized the messages sent from Harry.

You decided to call him after going through his worried texts.

"Harry?"

"Hey bunny! Are you okay? Are you feeling well? Danny told me about your situation, do you need to go to the doctor?"

You smiled at his thoughtfulness but still felt a little bitter as to how careful Danny was with you even after the awkward situation last night. "Yes, I'm fine. Am I bothering you?"

"No. No, somebody's covering my shift. Hey, bunny, take care alright? Don't drink that much. Cook something. I bought some groceries before I left. If you aren't feeling well, order some food. Rest well, okay? If you're still not feeling well, go to the doctors, okay?"

You giggled and smiled again from ear to ear, "yes, dad."

You could hear his breath hitched trough the phone but you didn't give much thought to it. You both said your goodbyes and hung up before you proceeding to procrastinate around his house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374 15 6
It all started with the prompt "we're not just friends and you fucking know it", and then it turned into several short scenes about two people who ar...
244K 2.7K 75
*COMPLETED* Short imagines about Harry Styles! ( Some of these are from tumblr, giving them full credits.) •FLUFF/CUTE IMAGINES •NO SMUT
154K 3.5K 50
"Bucket list?" "Like a list where you check off each box after you're done doing whatever you wanted to do" "No no, love I know what a bucket list...
279K 2.2K 25
just some imagines about Harry Edward Styles. ❣️ #16 - onedirectionimagines #76 - harrystyles #1 - harrystylesimagines #1 - 1dimagines