Broken Pieces | Derek Hale Bo...

By thehalediaries

In which two broken hearted werewolves find their way back to each other, after six years Emilia and Derek ar... More

Broken Pieces
EPIGRAPH
CAST
PART 2
editing!!
-1
- 2
- 3
-4
-5
-6
-7
-8
-9
-10
-11
-12
-13
-14
-15
-17
-18
-19
-20
-21
-22
-23
-24
-25
- 26
Take Me Home

-16

16K 446 98
By thehalediaries

Updates may be late this next few weeks, its mock exam week. My schedule is a bit mixed up as I'm doing my exams at home but i should hopefully have time to write (i should be revising right now, oops...)!

Plus new book covers!!

_

"Is that everyone?" Scott closed the door to the locker room, looking round for any of the players left in the room.

"I think so. You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac answered looking down at the broken locker door on the floor, watching as Scott picked up a jersey and shoe.

"Yeah, we all are." Scott nodded, handing the shoe to the blonde.

"But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac frowned, looking down at the shoe in his hand.

"Just sniff the shoe already." Jason rolled his eyes, walking towards his nephew and brother.

"We need to talk." Derek announced, holding onto Emilia's hand as they stood in the doorway of the locker room.

"All of us." Peter walked out from behind them with a smirk, Lincoln by his side.

"Holy sh -" Scott gasped, cutting himself off  "What the hell is this?"

Seing Peter alive was one thing, but to see Emilia and Lincoln siding with him confused Scott. Isaac stood with Jason and Scott in shock, last time he checked his family was watching the game, but with a resurrected Peter.

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station." Derek replied, attempting not to roll his eyes as Isaac stood with a scowl.

"Okay, hold on. He - he threatened to kill my mom and Emilia. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott defended himself, Emilia perked up at the sound of her name, having no idea what he was talking about.

Before what happened at the station Scott was mainly concerned about his mother, but after seeing Emilia nearly get shot and threatened by Gerard he was worried about them both.

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous. And well Emilia, she's a sweetheart behind the resting bitch face" Peter agreed, ignoring the glare from his nephews fiancée.

"Shut up." All the boys in the room but Peter spoke up, jumping in to defend Emilia.

"Why do we hate Peter?" Isaac mumbled, smiling as Emilia turned to face him in annoyance.

"Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat." Scott explained.

"Hi." Peter grinned, waving at his great nephew.

"That's good to know." Isaac nodded slowly.

"How is he alive?" Scott furrowed his brows, pointing to the least liked person in the room.

"I dont want to know." Emilia shook her head, the question baffling her still.

Peter hadn't been back long and the two were already back to their love hate relationship, the whole time spent driving the school they were bickering.

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him." Lincoln butted in.

"Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead." Isaac informed them, Jason and Scott nodded in agreement.

"What?" Emilia and Derek exclaimed in unison.

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." Scott explained further, watching as Emilia looked at Lincoln nervously.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac hesitated, taking in the change of atmosphere in the room.

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen." Lincoln answered.

"But why?" Derek questioned, turning back to Peter as he walked forward.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly." Peter told the group.

_

"I told you, we looked everywhere." Derek grumbled in annoyance, watching as Peter pulled a board away from the old staircase.

"You didn't look here." Peter pointed out, pulling out a rusty box.

"What is that, a book?" Derek moved forward, trying to figure out what was in his hands.

"No. It's a laptop. What century are you living in?" Peter stated passing the laptop over to Emilia, Derek rolled his eyes following Peter and Emilia "A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything that we had. Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only ones that keep records."

The adults didn't notice Isaac and Scott leave, setting the laptop up on a burned table. Emilia typed in the password, scrolling through the records that she had saved there previously. Like Talia had taught her, anything that wasn't hidden in a vault was saved on multiple devices.

"They say he's in some kind of transparent casing made from the venom coming out of his claws." Derek repeated, listening to Scott and Isaac on the phone.

"That sounds sufficiently terrifying." Peter admitted, searching the laptop for information.

"They also say he's starting to move." Derek added, putting down the phone as he leaned over Emilia's shoulder.

"Okay, look, I think I found something. Looks like what we've seen from Jackson is just the kanima's beta shape." Peter pointed to the screen, backing away slowly.

"Well, meaning what? It can turn into something bigger?" Derek's eyes landed on the photo, looking to Emilia in surprise as she scrolled down the page.

Emilia was full of surprises when it came to Derek's family history, it surprised him that Emilia knew more than he had ever done.

"Bigger and badder." Peter mumbled slowly.

"He's turning into that? That has wings." Derek stated, the three werewolves staring at the photo in surprise.

"I can see that." Peter agreed.

"We're screwed." Emilia groaned, moving her head into her hands.

"Scott, bring him to us." Derek told the beta on the phone, turning back to the laptop.

"Look, somebody actually made an animation of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we -" Peter clicked on the tab, all three of them jumping back in shock as a loud screech echoed through the speakers "Nope, not at all. We should probably meet them halfway."

_

"Derek, we need Lydia." Peter told his nephew, following the alpha as he stormed out of the house.

"There's no time for -" Derek began loudly, Emilia moved to Derek's side in attempts to calm him down.

Emilia was typically the more argumentative one in the couple, but Derek had his moments.

"That's the problem." Peter cut him off, speaking calmly to his nephew as Emilia grabbed onto Derek's hand "We're rushing. We're moving too fast. And while everybody knows that a moving target is harder to hit, here we are, racing right into Gerard's crosshairs."

"If I get the chance to kill Jackson, I'm taking it." Derek ignored him, pulling Emilia away from Peter as they walked out of the house.

_

"I think he stopped moving." Isaac looked back to the backseat as the climbed out of the car, walking further into the abandoned street.

"Where's Derek?" Chris asked the betas, turning to face the street.

Isaac sighed as he spotted Derek running on all fours towards them, Scott and Chris watched the werewolf with unamused expressions as he finished with a front flip in front of them.

"Someone certainly enjoys making an entrance." Peter joked with an eyeroll, hiding behind the car with Emilia.

"Drama queen." Emilia agreed, laughing at her fiancée's dramatics.

"I'm here for Jackson. Not you." Chris spoke up harshly.

"Somehow, I don't find that very comforting. Get him inside." Derek commented, motioning to Jacksons body as he walked past them to go inside.

"Where are they?" Scott looked around for part of his pack, frowning in confusion.

" Who?" Derek asked the young beta.

"Peter, Emilia and Lydia." Scott listed, watching as Derek unzipped the bag "Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him."

"We're past that." Derek grumbled, turning to Scott in annoyance.

"What about -" Scott started.

"Think about it, Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful." Derek explained, raising his voice at the group.

"No. No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live." Chis argued.

"Of course not. Anything that dangerous, that out of control - Is better off dead. Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realise that you were also bringing Derek to me." Gerard made his presence known.

Peter held Emilia back as she tried to run forward, gasping as Jackson dug his claws into Derek's chest. Chris held his gun to shoot Jackson but the group stood back in shock as Derek got thrown out of the room.

Emilia and Peter sneaked away from their hiding spot, running over to help Derek. Emilia kept her eye on the other room, checking to make sure Isaac was okay.

Jackson knocked Chris down as Derek ran back into the room, Peter and Emilia ran back to  hide. Derek glowed his eyes, growling at the kanima, Isaac and Scott helping him fight against Jackson. Peter rolled his eyes as Emilia let out a nervous squeak, tapping her foot nervously as the kanima threw Isaac against the wall. Emilia growled as Allison swiped her knifes at Isaac's chest, stepping forward as she made her forward to Derek. Emilia wanted to help but she knew the moment she stepped into that room Isaac would be sending her back out.

"No, Allison!" Scott shouted after his ex, stopping the hunter from moving closer to Derek.

"Not yet, sweetheart." Gerard walked forward, standing in the centre of the group.

"What are you doing?" Allison blurted, trying to break free of Jackson's hold.

"He's doing what he came here to do." Scott answered for him.

"Then you know." Gerard hinted.

"What's he talking about?" Allison stared at her grandfather in confusion, looking to Scott for answers.

"It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when I threatened your mother and sister. I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could just smell it, couldn't you?" Gerard turned to Scott, Emilia and Peter watched closely.

"He's dying." Isaac revealed.

"I am. I have been for a while now. Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet. But the supernatural does." Gerard turned to Derek with a smirk, looking into his glowing red eyes.

"You monster." Chris spat, staring at his father in disgust.

"Not yet." Gerard trailed off, looking over to Allison and Jackson with a glare.

"What are you doing?" Allison watched Gerard in shock, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You'll kill her too?" Chris asked in disbelief.

"When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son!" Gerard taunted, "Scott."

Emilia watched angrily, memories flooding in of her own crazy mother as Gerard practically told his son he didn't care about him. Scott walked forward, pulling a paralysed Derek into his arms.

"Scott, don't. You know that he's gonna kill me right after. He'll be an Alpha." Derek stuttered, breathing heavily as Scott held him up.

"That's true. But I think he already knows that, don't you, Scott? He knows that the ultimate prize is Allison. Do this small task for me, and they can be together. You are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek. And I'm sure you know very well, there is just no competing with young love." Gerard explained, hinting at Derek's love for Emilia, smirking at the shadow lurking in the corner.

Emilia slowly stepped away from Peter's grasp, watching in disbelief as her brother held onto Derek. Emilia couldn't believe Scott was helping Gerard, he was going against his own family.

"Scott, don't! Don't!" Derek struggled in Scott's arms, looking over to Emilia with fear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. But I have to." Scott apologised, holding Derek's head back as Gerard held his arm out.

"Scott!" Emilia moved away from her hiding spot, gasping in shock as Gerard cried out in pain.

Emilia's eyes widened as Derek's teeth sunk into Gerard's arm, everyone in the room stood in shock. Emilia ran to Derek's side as Scott dropped him to the ground. Gerard held his arm in the air proudly.

"What the -" Peter mumbled, watching Gerard in surprise.

"What? What is this? What did you do?" Gerard hissed, staring down at the black blood trailing down his arm.

"Everyone said Gerard always had a plan. I had a plan too." Scott stated proudly.

"No. No." Gerard crushed his pills in his hand, dropping slowly to the ground "Mountain ash!"

Gerard stumbled, throwing up black blood before falling to the ground

"Why didn't you tell me?" Derek breathed, looking up at Scott in shock.

"Because you might be an Alpha, but you're not mine." Scott gabbed.

"Kill them! Kill them all!" Gerard ordered with a growl.

Once Derek was back on his feet, Emilia turned to Isaac worriedly as Gerard threatened them all.

"Isaac!" Emilia ran to her sons side as Gerard fell back unconscious, pulling him into a hug.

Emilia jumped back in surprise as Stiles' jeep came flying into the building, crashing into Jackson.

"Did I get him? Whoa!" Stiles cheered from inside the jeep.

Stiles screamed as Jackson jumped onto the car, scrambling out with Lydia. Running to Emilia's side, feeling safer with the werewolf.

"Jackson! Jackson." Lydia gained his attention, flinching as his head snapped forward at the key.

Jackson slowly turned back to himself as he took the key from her hand, Derek turned to Peter before charging forward. Emilia held Scott and Isaac back as Derek and Peter plunged their claws into his torso, lifting him up into the air. Once completing the plan, Derek walked back to his family, wrapping his arm around Emilia's waist whilst putting his hand on Isaac's shoulder, Lydia helped jackson back to the ground.

"Do you - do you still -" Jackson stuttered.

"I do. I do still love you. I do, I do still love you. I do. I do. I do still love you, I do." Lydia cried, moving his body slowly to the ground.

"Where's Gerard?" Allison questioned, looking for his body.

"He can't be far." Chris answered.

Jackson claws scratched against the floor, gaining the attention from the group as he slowly stood back up with glowing eyes. Lydia gasped, jumping back into his arms.

"Scratched my jeep." Stiles grumbled, wiping away a tear.

"What happened to your face?" Emilia exclaimed, pulling on Stiles' face to check the bruise.

Emilia had always been protective over the human, though she always picked up on the little things when it came to Stiles, whether it was a bad mood or a bruise. 

"Em, stop." Stiles squeaked in embarrassment.

_

The family walked towards the old Hale house, Peter turned to Derek who had Emilia cuddled into his side.

"You haven't told him everything yet, have you?" Peter asked his nephew, hinting towards Isaac.

Derek and Emilia didn't want Isaac involved with anything to do with the warning from the alpha pack, the couple had been trying to deal with it for weeks but nothing was adding up.

"What do you mean?" Isaac questioned his great uncle.

"Why do you think Derek was in such a hurry to build his pack? So eager to strengthen his power and his number? When there's a new Alpha, people take notice. Especially when he's a Hale." Peter explained, leaning against a tree.

"People like who? What is this? What does this mean?" Isaac asked, turing to his alpha as he looked at the door.

"It's their symbol. And it means they're coming." Derek motioned to the door, Isaac frowned in confusion at the symbol.

"Who?" Isaac mumbled, trailing his hand against the wood.

"Alphas." Derek answered, looking over to Emilia.

"More than one?" Isaac turned back to his alpha.

"A pack of them." Emilia answered for him.

"An Alpha pack. And they're not coming. They're already here." Peter explained dramatically.

_

"What?" Emilia grumbled, looking up as Peter's body covered the sunlight hitting her.

Derek had gone to show Isaac some more information on the alpha pack in the basement, leaving Emilia alone with Peter.

"I have a feeling you had some input on all this, strangely you were all for him building a pack." Peter smirked, sitting down next to Emilia on the remains of the stairs "So Derek didn't just build his pack so quickly because of the alpha pack did he?"

"You already know the answer to that." Emilia pointed out, staring out into the woods.

Emilia saw how Peter would act around her, she knew that he suspected she was pregnant.

"How long?" Peter questioned, his theory finally being confirmed.

"Two months." Emilia answered,  letting out a sigh as she caught onto Peter's facial expressions.

Even a psycho knows she needs to tell derek.

_

"Scott are you kidding me right now? You're telling me that he's your dad, the big bad alpha that hangs around with Peter?" Stiles questioned Scott in disbelief, slamming the door to his jeep after parking the car.

Stiles was slightly offended that he was only just finding out about this bombshell, but was blaming it on the shock.

"Stiles I just found out that my moms best friend is my dad, do you think I'm kidding?" Scott grumbled, pulling their lacrosse equipment out of the backseat.

Scott was slowly getting used to the idea of Lincoln being his father, nothing was really different than before with the family.

"I mean I knew the whole time, but I'm sure that's not relevant right now." Isaac added, leaning against the jeep.

"And to top it all off, your sisters marrying Derek." Stiles reminded, the thought flooding back to him after hearing Isaac's voice.

"Stiles, shut up." Isaac glared.

"Hey, you know what I just realized? I'm right back where I started." Scott stated, causing Stiles to turn around as he walked to the goal.

"What do you mean?" Stiles asked his best friend.

"I mean no lacrosse, no popularity, no girlfriend. Nothing." Scott explained, standing with Isaac by his side slightly away from the goal.

"Dude, you still got me." Stiles pointed out.

"I had you before." Scott shrugged, Stiles rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Yeah, and you still got me and as much as i dont want to admit it your nephew is still here. Okay? It's a life fulfilled." Stiles motioned to Isaac, smiling sarcastically at the werewolf.

"Thanks, Stiles." Isaac huffed, Scott laughed at his nephew and best friend.

_

"What's on your mind?" Derek took a seat next to Emilia on the porch swing, taking her hand in his.

Derek and Emilia had both been busy these past few weeks, they hadn't had much time just for each other. Derek had picked up on the change with Emilia, he'd noticed how weird she was acting.

"I'm just thinking about the future." Emilia admitted, looking down to her ring nervously.

"Lia." Emilia looked up to Derek, feeling her heartbeat increase "What did Peter mean earlier?"

Emilia breathed nervously, avoiding Derek's gaze. Emilia knew it was time to tell him, she was more scared about how he would react more than anything.

"What?" Derek questioned in confusion as Emilia stared at him nervously.

"Listen." Emilia whispered, moving Derek's hand onto her stomach.

Derek looked down at Emilia's stomach in confusion, looking up in shock as realisation set in.

"I'm pregnant." Emilia smiled, a happy laugh escaping her lips "You're going to be a dad, Derek Hale."

"We're having a baby?" Derek started at his fiancée in disbelief, smiling down to her stomach as the light heartbeat ran through his ears.

Derek was overwhelmed with happiness, he was incredibly nervous but Derek wanted nothing more than to be a father. Emilia and Derek had been talking about kids since they started dating, there was a point in their relationship where they were going to have kids whilst in New York.

It may not be the right time in terms of safety to have a baby, but it was the right time for Derek and Emilia.

"Yes." Emilia nodded happily, tears brimming in her eyes whilst smiling as Derek pulled his fiancée into a kiss.

Derek and Emilia were one step closer to their happy ending.

_

Hi guys!

Season three time!

So i wrote a chapter for the last book today about future Derek and Emilia and its the cutest thing I've ever written, i cant wait for you all to see. Seeing as Derek is only in one episode of season 6 the last book will contain lots of one shots and parts of their lives you haven't seen, theres also a chance for you guys to request parts of their life you want to see kinda like a imagine.

The next seasons will be more like the first book, focused on Derek and Emilia with their friends and family but I'm still going to stick to the plot.

Hope you enjoyed!

- Ebony

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 12.8K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
30.2K 2.2K 17
Tên gốc: 我大概是只假鬼 Hán Việt: Ngã đại khái thị chích giả quỷ Tạm dịch: Có lẽ ta chỉ là một con quỷ giả Tác giả: Hề Nghiêu Thể loại: cổ trang, ngọt sủng...
304K 12.2K 67
After his wife leaves him, leaving behind only divorce papers as she heads for Toledo, FP is left a single dad to their 4 year old daughter, Ellie. ...
6.7K 137 30
Emerson Blackwood and Skye Kazansky had dreamed of becoming pilots for as long as they could remember. Through an extensive amount of training at the...