Flame Of The Gamer

By WeiMoZhiEr

In the reality world, an adult was smiling behind his mask. Seated at the edge of the balcony, he watch silen... More

Done
Fandom Announcement
ANNOUNCEMENTS
ANNOUNCEMENT
Discord Server
Quest 1: The Abyss
Quest 2: My Life
Quest 3: Living In KHR
Quest 4: The Start Of KHR
Quest 5: The Foreign Storm
Quest 6: The Little Lightning
Quest 7: The Monstrous Cloud Pt.1
Quest 7: The Monstrous Cloud Pt.2
Quest 8: The Shining Hoseo- SUN!!!!
Quest 9: Spade
Quest 10: Deck
Quest 11: The Mist Among The Mist
Quest 12: The Mist's Lies
Quest 13: The Fog that Subsided

Prologue

11.6K 390 74
By WeiMoZhiEr

In a urban area of a corrupted country.

A gambling den seem to be having the night of its life.

Surrounding the most cliche round wooden table, were spectators as they watch the intense game going on.

Poker cards were strewn across the table as bets were raised higher.

The one who was challenged, the competitor, the man, watch calmly as he watched his challenger draw a card.

The guy started to sweat nervously.

"Done?" The competitor asked.

The challenger grin and threw his cards down.

"Straight!"

"This couldn't even be consider a game...." The man sighed as he flip his cards over. "Royal Straight Flush..."

He just beat the challenger, the second strongest gambler in the den.

The man, was actually rumored to be the strongest gambler from another country. He had decided to venture to this corrupted country when he heard rumors of the 'Game Master'.

The 'Game Master'....

The rumored to be the most strongest gambler or 'gamer' that's impossible to beat.

He can easily see through any cheats and tricks...

He even solve conflicts through games by following his 'ten pledges'....

The man smirk. If he beats this so call 'Game Master', he would be proven as the most strongest gambler alive.

Though it's kinda surprising...

How is he not dead yet? Not everyone would just follow him and play his games.

Rumors says that whoever that plays with him have face something abnormal.

Well, he just have to find out.

******

The man look at his last opponent.

The Game Master.

Dressed only in a simple black suit with a checkered undershirt, top with a black mask that covers the top part of his face.

Seated in a fancy looking chair, the Game Master smiled; one hand holding a pair of dice. The other hand holding a chess piece of the King.

"I'm the Game Master. What game would you like to play?"

The Game Master raised one hand with the dices.

"The game of chance?"

He lowered his hand and raised the other that was holding the chess piece.

"Or the game of strategy?"

The man looked at his opponent before he finally said.

"Chance."

The Game Master smiled as he pocketed the chess piece. He leaned forward.

"Would you...Charles Veiner, swear by the ten pledges?"

Charles was taken aback, how did he---

"I am the Game Master, it's only logical for me to know the names of my opponent." And the Game Master continue to explain the ten pledges.

The first, ninth and tenth pledge barely made sense to Charles but he nodded and raised his right hand along with the Game Master.

"Aschente!"

"Since you're the challenged one, you can pick whatever chance game and decide the rules. Don't forget that we will be betting something too."

The Game Master calmly stated as he folded his hand together on his lap.

"Blackjack. Three rounds." Charles said. "If I win, I want the title of the Game Master."

The Game Master chuckled. "I have many who challenged me for that title but none have succeeded yet. Maybe you will..."

His eyes gleamed under the mask.

"I will be betting my life."

Charles was shocked, just what did that guy said?

"Oath 3, any bets made from both party must be of equal value. The title is technically my whole existence."

Not like Charles care, he will be the unbeatable gambler alive!

******

The room was quiet.

Charles have won the first round, he actually cheated but not that his opponent know.

Now it was the second round.

He gave out the cards, without even bothering to look, the Game Master sighed.

"Stand."

'What the? He didn't even look at the cards! Did he gave up already?'

Charles drew a card before presenting out his cards.

"20."

"17."

Then it was the third round.

Charles immediately put down his cards.

"20."

The Game Master toss his cards onto the table.

A King and an Ace.

"Blackjack. I win."

"How?!" Charles was mad now, how did the Game Master still win?!

"Actually it was already your loss right before the game started. You did a force shuffle. So this game is literally pointless."

He said as he stood up.

"Try not to make your cheats that obvious."

The Game Master then started to walk away when a force pushed him towards the edge of the roof.

(A/N: The venue of the game is on the roof, an open area room.)

Charles had push the Game Master off the roof.

Have you ever wonder how Charles became the best gambler.

It's not through his winning.

He sometimes loses in his games...

And when he does....

He kills his opponents.

The Game Master may or may not have foresaw this.

He smile as he fell through the air, his mask coming off at the same time.

Revealing a pair of eyes that seem to consist of mixtures of bright colors.

Before he fell, the Game Master have already toss a dice onto the roof.

His bet?

A small.

He continue to fall.

Charles becoming quite confuse as why was he smiling.

The dice finally stopped....

A two.

Small.

He won.

The Game Master then said his last words before he hit the ground.

"Die, Charles Veiner."

And his body hit the ground, unmoving.

Charles smirk and turn to walk away.

Before he started to claw at his throat.

The pain bubbling up his throat as he tried to scream.

But to no avail, his screams were unheard.

He let out one last scream....

Just to have his throat swell like a balloon before exploding.

Splashing blood onto the roof.

And onto a dice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471K 20.6K 116
Book 1: [C O M P L E T E D] *Under Editing* KHR fanfic: "Well sh*t, I just died..." A girl was killed due to a unfortunate event, reality and fiction...
290K 9.3K 67
"To think that all the mysteries bottled up in me would hurt you so much...I'm sorry." Twins. Sawada Hiroshi and Sawada Tsunayoshi are twins. They ar...
150K 7.7K 47
Dying and getting reincarnated in a different world was not something ##### expected. Now going by the name Kocho Tomoe, she just wants to live a pea...
102K 3.1K 43
SLOW UPDATES. I'M SORRY. You live, and you die; it's as simple as that, right? Then why did I find myself living a life in another world after my dea...