Book 3: My Unpredictable Roma...

Per XoXDQXoX

Book Three of My Romance with Derek Hale Series... Derek is now an Alpha and determined to add to his pack w... Més

Author's Note
Derek: Prologue
Kristin: Aftermath
Belle: The Bite
Derek: Pack Trouble?
Kristin: Another Funeral
Derek: Never Ending Problems
Kristin: The First Turn is Always the Worst
Derek: Jailbreak
Belle: Mending Broken Bridges
Kristin: Ripped Shirt
Derek: New Member
Belle: Celebration
Derek: Third Member
Update

Kristin: Terrible Feeling

4K 115 16
Per XoXDQXoX

(Previously: Kristin relives the pain of full moon and visit’s Gerard showing her distaste towards the attack on Isaac. Kristin has a nightmare where Gerard is forcing her to choose between Derek and her mother, Kristin wakes and Derek is in her bed. She thinks she is still dreaming and kisses him. They talk/argue and Derek leaves.)

Allison called me last night from a payphone knowing her parents are checking her every call and text. Chris is starting her training which means I have another in. My father won’t want to drag me into the drama and danger but now that I have Allison I don’t need him although I wish he would force Alex, mom and Belle out of town, and maybe go overseas for a few months.
That would be a relief.
Speaking of the hunting business, a hunter was murdered . . . Clawed to death not long after Isaac's father was killed. That’s too much of a coincidence for me especially considering it is Beacon Hills, and murder wasn’t a norm until Peter started killing those responsible for the Hale house fire.
“Here are your tequila shots,” Cory snaps me out of my thoughts and slides the glasses in front of the small bowl of lime wedges and the salt shaker.
Vince insisted that I join them for drinks and even let me choose the place. I chose Cory’s Pizza Place and Vince laughed at first, until I told them there’s an afterhours bar for the adults. They’re drinking to Michael, the fallen hunter. Vince thinks Alex will open up to me after a few drinks.
I guess I have to try at least.
“Thank you Cory,” I hand out the shots.
“As in high school boyfriend Cory?” Vince asks. I’m sitting beside Vince while Alex is on the other side distancing himself from me. If Alex doesn’t talk to me soon that I’m going to tie him to a chair and make him.
I’m over his crap.
I mean I know he’s grieving and all but he can’t ignore me for the rest of our lives. He has already tried that and failed many times.
“That was a long time ago now,” I reply.
“It certainly feels that way,” Cory smiles like a love sick idiot and I know he is thinking about Michelle who will be here very soon.
Yay.
“Another,” Alex pushes the glass forward and Cory nods before refills the shot glass with more tequila.
“It’s nice to finally meet Kristin’s brother,” Cory slides the alcohol in front of Alex.
Alex doesn’t reply but skulls his second shot instead.
“Sorry about him, our friend passed very recently,” Vince explains.
First Kate and then Michael. I can’t be mad at Alex for being angry and upset although I do wish he would talk to me. Before Kate’s death we used to talk about anything and everything. It hurts having Alex back, when it’s like he’s a million miles away.
“I’m sorry to hear that,” Cory apologises before he is waved over by a few patrons sitting at the other end of the bar.
The place is full of life tonight, and I can tell the two blondes sitting at a table behind us are checking out Alex and Vince. I can feel their lust . . . unfortunately. I still haven’t gained much control when it comes to shutting off others senses and focussing.
“To Michael our fallen comrade who was far too young to die,” Vince raises his glass, and the rest of us do the same before we skull the tequila, well except for Alex since his glass is empty.
“To Michael,” Alex repeats before he leaves his chair and heads straight for the table with the two blondes.
How predictable. Is that how all men deal with heartache and pain?
“Just give him a little more time,” Vince asks. His brown hair is neatly styled without a single hair out of place, he’s such a girl at times.
“Is that really how you guys move on from losing someone?” I ask.
“He is taking it really hard. He really loved Kate.”
Too bad he was just a fun time for her. I don’t even know if it was possible for Kate to love, and honestly my brother is better off without her.
“What if he never gets over it?” I ask as I tap my fingers against the bench. It helps keep me distracted and when I focus on the tapping noise it stops my sense of hearing from overwhelming me.
Vince rests his hand on top of mine and stops my hands from moving. It’s almost comforting. It reminded me of a happy time Vince and I shared. It may have been short, but it was real and not complicated. We knew what we were doing and what we were, and he didn’t shut me out, and he wasn’t already supernaturally connected to another person but living in denial.
“Don’t worry I’ll take care of him,” Vince promises and I can’t help but think back to our first night together.

Vince, Alex and I were sitting at a round table in a small quaint bar, and had just tracked down and dealt the Alpha. Max, Vince’s father and my dad were busy disposing of the body. The Alpha had left a trail of bodies from North Dakota to Louisiana and the three of us were celebrating.
I had been hunting for just a little over a year, and it was our sixth hunt with Max and Vince. A few of the jobs were short and only took us a week and others were larger and took us a few. Those were the cases where we were dealing with large murderous packs of various supernatural creatures.
“To another great hunt,” Vince raised his full shot glass of tequila and Alex and I did the same.
“To another great hunt,” Alex and I chimed at the same time before we clunked our glasses together and skulled the alcohol. As per usual it burned down my throat and tasted awful, but those feelings passed after a few short moments.
After another hour, Alex left the bar and said he needed an “early night”. Which really meant Kate was close enough for a late night rendezvous which I learnt about the next morning when Kate joined us for breakfast. Of course back then I was excited to see her, oblivious to her true nature.
“And then there were two,” Vince smirked cockily before he stood to his feet and headed for the jukebox.
Highway to hell by ACDC started playing and Vince immediately started to jump around the place channelling his inner Bon Scott. Everyone was watching wearily as Vince made his way back to me and continued with his performance. I guess that’s why our families got along so well. They all shared the same appreciation for Bon Scott and ACDC.
I couldn’t help but chuckle.
“Dance with me?” Vince extended his hand.
“Yeah I don’t think I’m Bon Scott enough?”  I replied and Vince returned to the Jukebox and changed the song to Everything by Lifehouse.
I was surprised. I didn’t think Vince paid attention to my music preferences especially considering it varied so much.
“Now do you want to dance?” Vince asked as he made his way towards me. Everyone had gone back to what they were doing and was ignoring us . . . Thankfully.
“I’ll have to think about it.”
“Are you afraid you might finally fall for my charm?” Vince asked with his usual cocky smirk.
He had tried many times to seduce me and I had always rejected him. I didn’t want to be just another notch on his belt but I wasn’t getting to have much fun those days, well not that kind of fun.
“Oh please. I’m not one of your bimbos remember.”
Vince extended his hand waiting for me to take it, “That’s why I want you to dance with me. We’re running out of time,” His blue-green eyes were working their magic, and I understood why girls threw themselves at his feet, well that was an exaggeration but you get the point.
It’s just one dance. It can’t hurt. I told myself before I reached out for his hand.
Vince pulled me off my feet and I collided with his body before he wrapped an arm around my waist.
Is that what it means to sweep a girl off her feet? I wondered as he clutched my hand in the air slightly as our feet moved in sync and we danced in the small space between the bar and the tables.
“Don’t think that this little dance means anything,” I said matter-of-factly. Usually girls turned to putty in his hands, and I was determined not to be like them. I wasn’t easy. It took more than a few measly words to get me into bed.
“Resistance is futile,” Vince smirked.
“You’re an idiot,” I replied. I blamed the lack of action for the feelings surging around my body as Vince’s arm tightened around my waist, and took away the barely there space between us.
“Isn’t that what you love about me?” Vince asked.
“You give yourself far too much credit.”
“And you don’t give me enough?” Vince’s face inched closer to mine.
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“Don’t you want to know why I never settle down or call a girl back?”
“Because you’re you and it’s what you do,”  I replied almost too quickly.
Vince chuckled, “Wow thanks.”
“You know what I mean.”
“They’d never understand why I never stay in one place for too long. I’d be lying constantly. What’s the point?” Vince shrugged.
“Well just so you know. I’m not looking for anything serious.”
“Good because neither am I, at least not just yet,” Vince’s lips inched closer and I pulled away and freed my hand from his grip.
Vince looked completely confused.
“Well come on then,” I smirked before I headed out the bar and Vince was quick to follow. Our motel was only a couple of blocks away.

“What did I miss?” Michelle asks and brings me back to reality, and I immediately remove my hand from under Vince’s.
“Nothing much. Vince this is Michelle, Michelle this is Vince, and that dark haired guy back there desperately trying to pick up those two blondes is my brother Alex,” I get the introductions out of the way.
“It’s nice to meet you,” Vince smirks.
“It’s nice to meet you as well,” Michelle gives me the ‘damn he is fine’ look, and I give her the ‘down girl . . . Keep it in your pants’ look.
“I better get Alex back. He’s been drinking all day,” Vince leaves his stool and heads for Alex and the two girls who Alex seems to have wrapped around his finger.
Really girls? I can’t help but roll my eyes. Alex reeks of alcohol and they must be just as drunk to be able to find that beer breath appealing in any way. Personally I can’t stand beer breath myself.
“Wow your brother is hot and so is Vince. He obviously likes you and you need to hit that or are we still on the Derek train?” Michelle asks.
“Shhh keep your voice down,” I quickly look behind me but Vince is still busy trying to pry Alex away from the girls.
“I’m not on any train,” I reply although I know I’m lying and in denial, but I don’t want to be on any train.
Michelle doesn’t speak but raises an eyebrow.
“I have more important things to worry about,” I reply.
“Like your next career move?” Michelle asks.
I had planned on either ending things for good with Derek or really trying to make it work between us and I was going to start figuring out my life, and decide what I wanted to do next. Of course that was before Kate captured Derek and tied me to a chair, before I had my heart attack, before my turn from human to werewolf and before Gerard declared war against all werewolves'. Now I have the bond to deal with, and hunters along with whatever the hell is killing people.
How can I worry about what to do with my life when I don’t even know if I’m going to be alive for much longer? When I can’t even control myself anymore? Anger is my trigger, and I can’t let go of it.
I’ve tried.
“Something like that,” I reply and Vince returns with Alex who staggers and fumbles on his seat.
I’ve never seen my brother like this before.
“You can do way better man they’re only like a four,” Vince pats Alex on the back.
“That’s Anna and Mia, my friends,” Michelle replies clearly offended by his statement. I would be too if he was talking smack about my friends.
“Oh well then I’ll change it to a six,” Vince smirks at Michelle, and I can tell she is holding in the eye roll.
What a charming gentleman.
“You should probably get Alex back home,” I suggest and Vince nods.
“Yeah he’s not looking to good. I’ll talk to you later and I meant what I said. You don’t need to worry about Alex. I’ll take care of him,” Vince whispers the last part in my ear knowing Alex will do the whole I can take care of myself crap.
I don’t speak but just nod before Vince practically has to drag Alex out of the room, and out the front door.
“Okay I take that back, you can do better than Vince,” Michelle smirks.
“He’s not always a dick.”
“Oh really?” Michelle replies unconvinced and for the next hour we talk, and laugh before I head for my car.
There doesn’t seem to be any of Gerard’s goons watching me, and just to be sure I spend the next fifteen minutes driving and doing many blockies. I lost them.
Of course you can never be too safe and I park a few blocks away before I head underground to Derek’s new hideout. It was far too easy to use the connection between us. As kids Belle and I used to play the hot and cold game. We’d pick an object in the house and the other would walk around, if they were close we’d say you’re getting warmer, and that’s what it felt like. The connection grew stronger when I was heading in the right direction.
There were even flashes in my mind. I saw the broken down trains along with the metal stairs, and surrounding buildings. It is crazy seeing Derek’s memories, and watching through his eyes.
It’s almost unsettling.
My feet clang against the stairs and I hear Isaac, Belle and Erica before I see them on the platform, sitting on the old worn out leather couches. Did they at least sterilise those first? I hope so.
“Are you here to drag me home?” Belle calls over her shoulder.
The rumours are true. I heard all the buzz over Erica’s make over. It was all anyone was talking about. I was hoping I was wrong though, and it wasn’t because Derek added her to his pack.
He just keeps surprising me and not in the good way.
“That’s where you should be, it’s after midnight Belle.”  
“Oh come on Kristin when did you become boring?” Erica asks.
“Can I talk to you for a minute Erica?”
Erica reluctantly stands to her feet and follows me up the stairs to the surface. I can practically hear her rolling her eyes already.
“What?” Erica asks. Her blonde hair is neatly styled and curled. Her lips painted a ruby red and her brown eyes outlined in black eye liner.
“What the hell are you thinking?!”
“I was sick of it, sick of them making fun of me.”
“Erica-”
“No . . . You don’t understand Kristin. While you were in high school they didn’t post videos of you online having a fit and pissing your pants. They didn’t laugh and mock you, and call you an ugly freak and a loser.”
“High school is only a small fraction of your life Erica.”
“I thought you would understand.”
“Is it really worth your life Erica? The hunters aren’t going to stop until they kill you all, or you kill them. Do you think you could kill someone?” I ask. On the days I have work at the school, I sit with Erica outside during lunch.
Why are teenagers so brutal?
Why do they find so much pleasure in other people’s pain? I know not all of them are like that, but far too many are.
“I had to Kristin,” Erica replies before she turns on her heels and heads back underground into the abandoned train depot.
Well that went well. I can’t help but sigh in frustration and I hear Derek’s heavy footsteps before I see him emerge.
“Are you here to claw my eyes out?” Derek asks as he approaches. His eyes scanning his surroundings. He has nothing to worry about. I made sure I wasn’t followed and I avoided the cameras.
“I heard about Erica, I was hoping it wasn’t true.”
“Well I’m sorry to disappoint. How did you find me anyway?” Derek asks.
I shrug, “Belle told me.”
“You’re lying. I can hear your heart beat remember?” Derek folds his arms over his chest. His white singlet is practically glowing under the moonlight.
“And you’re in over your head.”
“And you’re not giving me enough credit.”
Vince said the same thing.
“How are you going to keep them safe Derek? I don’t even know how I’m going to keep Belle and my mother off of Gerard’s radar, and soon enough Erica is going to be on theirs along with Isaac and anyone else you add to your pack.”
“I’m not going to let them hurt Belle or your mother, or anyone for that matter,” Derek replies but I know it’s not going to be that easy. His pack is full of teenagers. They’re not going to stand a chance against Gerard and his men.
Why can’t Derek see that?
Why is Derek being so stubborn?
He’s risking their lives.
“Gerard isn’t going to stop until you and all your pack members are dead.”
“That’s why I’ll kill him first.”
I don’t even realise Derek’s closed the distance between us until I feel his hand resting on the side of my face.
“I’m not going to fail?” Derek places a kiss on my forehead before he retreats back to his hideout.
"Wait!" I call out and Derek stops a few meters away from me, "They are following me, watching me. They want to use me to get to you."
I really want to believe him, but I have a terrible feeling and I can’t shake it.
"So is this meant to be goodbye?" Derek scoffs.
"For now, at least in person," I reply. At least with some distance, I can try and pretend he isn't being selfish by endangering teenagers. I can hopefully gain more control over the bond, and keep up the masquerade.
Derek doesn't speak but turns on his heels and walks away.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.7K 122 30
A crossover fic between Teen Wolf and The Vampire Diaries. This is a pre-series, taking place right after the Hale Fire. The reader is human. That's...
2.8K 56 15
this follows the life of Derek hales little brother Lumin Hale, he was very young when the fire happened, now he's living his best life, he's best fr...
84.2K 1.9K 60
Trust. What a small word to carry such a heavy burden that comes with it, after his family died in a fire six years ago and his sister being murdered...
243K 6.2K 52
I WROTE THIS IN MY TEEN YEARS AND HAS GRAMMAR MISTAKES AND SOME PARTS DON'T MAKE SENSE. I DONT WANT TO DELETE IT BECAUSE ITS DOING SO GOOD. Alex...