✧ Lovelorn ✧

By emika_3206

❝If you're reading this, then that means I'm dead❞ Delilah Reverdin, a normal girl, was reincarnated as Clara... More

N o t e
Lovelorn Intro + Otome Dictionary for Dummies
W o r l d ✘ H i s t o r y
W o r l d ✘ M a p
Capture Targets ✘ E n d i n g s
Other ✘ Characters
A r c O n e ✘ The Life of a Villainess
I ✘ Love You
II ✘ Operation Change
IV ✘ Never a Queen
V ✘ PoV of the Villainess
VII ✘ The Taste of Chocolate
VIII ✘ Handmade Apologies
XII ✘ Return to Gardenia
XIII ✘ A Peaceful Life
XIV ✘ Sister from Hell
XV ✘ Brother in Law
XVI ✘ Engagement
XVII ✘ Precious Person
XVIII ✘ PoV of the King
XIX ✘ Three Murderers
XX ✘ Your Help
XXI ✘ Best Friend
XXII ✘ Ribbon
XXIII ✘ Meet Timmy
XXIV ✘ Difficult
XXV ✘ A name
A r c T w o β₯β₯β₯ N e w G a m e
Elena Margavine ✘ SPINOFF
Elena Margavine X Spinoff pt.2
XXVI β₯β₯β₯ Initiation pt.1
XXVII β₯β₯β₯ Initiation pt.2
XXVIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep1-Let's Get Along
XXIX β₯β₯β₯ Ep2- The New Queen
XXXβ₯β₯β₯ Ep3- Hope
XXXIβ₯β₯β₯ Ep4- Never Enough
XXXII β₯β₯β₯ Ep5-The Life of Professor De Verde
XXXIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep6- My Delilah
XXXIV β₯β₯β₯ Ep7- A world without the heroine
XXXV β₯β₯β₯ Ep8- The same shade of blue
XXXVI β₯β₯β₯ Ep9- Monkey and Iceface
XXXVIIβ₯β₯β₯ Ep10- Monster
XXXVIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep11- My Brother is the Main Character
XXXIX β₯β₯β₯ Ep12- Keep Your Secret
XL β₯β₯β₯ Ep13- So Different
XLI β₯β₯β₯ Ep14- He's not that bad?
XLII β₯β₯β₯ Ep15- Uniform
XLIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep16- My Future
XLIVβ₯β₯β₯ Ep17-The world is out to get me
XLV β₯β₯β₯ Ep18- You don't need to remember me
XLVI β₯β₯β₯ Ep19-You'll always have me
XLVII β₯β₯β₯ Ep20- I did the right thing today
XLVIII β₯β₯β₯ Ep21- She doesn't know anymore!

III ✘ Friends Don't Steal

8K 430 57
By emika_3206

C L A R A

Clara Skotadi has been ignoring people's opinions of her for the past years, always believing that everybody loves her. Or so she believes until she regained a few memories of her past life.

Regaining those memories was like a wakeup call, a slap to the face, and being doused by ice cold water altogether.

She's been improving now so to say, one year and six months of Operation Change.

Clara no longer went on impulsive shopping sprees. Clara no longer pushed her own opinion on others. Clara is no longer on the path to destruction .

So it is surprising when Duke Lidius Skotadi suddenly summoned her to his office. The Duke's been going back and forth the Royal Capital, the fief and their mansion these days she almost never sees him. What was he busy with again? — ah, arguing with Duke Aima about their weather immunity, regulating tariff in import and export goods, inspecting the Iridium mines and arguing with Duke Oriel about environmental laws. In the time that Duke Lidius took a break from his work because of Clara's unprecedented illness, all the work piled up. Now he's arguing with the other Dukes from all those that he had missed.

She rarely sees her own father these days. He does make an effort to eat dinner with her occasionally, but for the most part he was travelling or holed up in his office with towers of paperwork. He doesn't take her on his trips because it is "too dangerous" or so she could be more "independent".

Clara wearily entered her father's study, still holding her fencing sword. She had just gotten out of her fencing and magic practice and she was dead tired. Apparently it's a must for nobles to be home schooled before they go to Gardenia School of Magic. It's a school where everyone with magic- mostly nobles go, and she dreads it. Apart from book smarts, papa is training her with defense and offense magic as well. The first time she attended those defense classes, she slept like a rock after dinner. It was that tiring, but she was dedicated to gain a bit of strength so maybe she could survive against stabbing, freezing or murder.

It's just sad that Clara Skotadi isn't even talented when it comes to physical defense. But now that she's slowly studying it, she's sure she can hold her own for a few seconds, before finding an opening and running as her instructor said.

"Oh, dearest Clara," Her father smiled, but then narrowed his eyes at the sight of her weapon. "I thought I told you no weapons after practice."

"M'sorry papa," Clara apologized, bowing her head lightly. She hid the sword behind her back before she looked up to her father. "Is there something you need from me?"

"Oh, I was planning on telling you that we're going out tonight. My friend, the Duke of Margavine apparently wants to meet you."

Clara, at eight years old had been through enough parties, ballrooms and meetings with nobles. She was well liked in high society, after displaying herself with enough poise and manners to flatter everyone. She is friends enough with a lot of noble girls her age, like the in-game Clara Skotadi who was a natural ring leader and social butterfly. Nevertheless, she doesn't like meetings with other nobles these days because of one particular reason- she still doesn't have a fiance.

And why would that be bad?

Because these days, her father is actively searching for a fiance candidate for her, telling her about keeping family wealth intact and prestige for generations to come. It means that she would meet lots of noble boys, and have to discreetly find a way so that they would reject her or her father would not like them.

Aside from her upcoming death, the fiance thing another to worry about.

It's because flashback when she was eight years old : She begged her father to be engaged to Avarys Diatiro. Of course, her father "made ways" and told the king of the possibility. It seems like the King Sanguis Diatiro is seriously considering it. Two years ago, the king did not give a definite reply so two years later, Duke Lidius Skotadi is still actively trying to find Clara a suitable fiance.

And Clara does hope that maybe she could meet someone she'll love. Someone who'll love her. If so then it would change her ending.

The closest thing she is to death is by being engaged to Avarys Diatiro, the psycho prince. This time around, she's determined too to find a suitable fiance who won't kill her.

It was taxing.

"Clara, did you hear me?"

Clara blinked. She must've been lost in her own thoughts.

"Yes papa," She replied. "I'll prepare right away." With that, she excused herself and run off into her room.

💗💗💗

Night came and after a lengthy carriage ride passing a bumpy forest, they finally arrived at the Margavine Estate. Even outside, the lights from the ballroom peek through, and Clara could see the flood of carriages outside. Whoever this Duke Margavine is must be influential to have so many guests. Duke Margavine must also be the only Duke that her father does not have bad blood with. She heard that they were working closely together in anticipating weather patterns, organized storms and the regulating the electrical supply in the kingdom.

Duke Margavine was be someone so influential that her father dares not to reject his invitation. That says a lot since her father, if he can help it, does not attend social gatherings.  He's only active this social season for Clara's debut and so that they can find a suitable fiancee for her. Needless to say, when her father attends, the event is bound to be a success.

Now, after greeting Duke Edward Margavine and Duchess Elise Margavine, Clara was snatched away by her circle of influential noble little girls and separated from her father who was busy talking to his business partners and the couple.

"Hey Clara, it's good to see you that attended!" Angel Chapelle, a pretty girl with snowy hair that curled at the tips giggled happily. "And oh my god, where did you buy this dress?"

"And those shoes?!" Lucile gasped, pointing at her shoes.

These people are great at flattery. They're good company enough, but you have to praise them back. They're mostly sticking with each other because of their influence and of course, Clara was the daughter of the arguably most Powerful Duke of Gardenia (although Prime Minister Rosemond would like to contest that, but still..) . It's nice to have connections like that.

Clara gave them a close-eyed smile. "I've had these for a while now, I just never got the chance to wear them. If you have time, let's go shopping together at Margarett's."

"Oh we'd definitely love to!" Angel and Lucile said in unison.

"Hey, did you hear the the Margavines own a confectionery company?" Lucile gushed.

"I don't know, really?" Clara asked since she's got an insane sweet tooth. She'd like to try her hand at baking soon enough.

"Yep," Angel nodded. "Try their buffet, it's mostly filled with chocolates though. You'll love it Clara."

"But we can't touch the buffet yet," Clara said sadly, eyeing the closed lids of the food. "It's not yet, well, feeding time." She whispered the last part, which earned a chorus of giggles from the girls.

"You mean dinner, right?" Lucile giggled.

"Hey girls do you think that the Margavines have a daughter or something? Because we should totally befriend her. Let's add her to the squad." Angel chirped brightly. There's an easy admittance to their close-knitted group of influencial noble girls. As long as you came from a wealthy family, good fashion sense and bright personality, well you're in. But they don't just let anyone in though.

"You're right," The blue haired girl agreed. "I think her name's Elena Margavine." Clara said, trying to hide the glowing bracelet behind her back. Through the years, it gives her random information about the characters in the otome game Lovelorn. It's just absurd to think for Clara that she's a game character with a predetermined end.

"I'd say Clara approaches her first." Lucile nominated. "She's the most likeable out of all of us!"

"She's the one who did bring us together and recruited Sophia after all." Angel agreed. Actually, from the start it was just Clara and Angel. Angel Chapelle was the daughter of Marquis Chapelle, the head of the Vieux Riche faction. Remember when papa was always dragging Clara along when he visits noble houses before? She met Angel that way.

Then they met Lucile in her birthday party and Sophia in a masquerade ball. They'd been the famous quaret since, and no one can just enter without anyone's stamp of approval.

All in all, Clara's support group had been flowing cannon, although she was not sure of inviting the Margavine girl or whoever she is.

Clara blinked, seeing that a certain someone was missing from their crew. "Speaking of, where's Sophia?"

It was Lucile who surprisingly ssnorted "Oh, her? She's probably busy with her fiancee somewhere. But she's here."

"We'll tell her to greet you if we meet her," Angel said, before grabbing Lucille. "Sorry Clara, we gotta go to our intended now. We'll definitely make it up to you!" They promised, before dashing out and searching for their respective fiancees in the crowd.

Clara sighed morosely. Look how great her friends are for ditching her. People with fiances.

People with lovelife. Oh god.

It just reminded her that she doesn't have a fiance. She pressed on, thinking that she doesn't need one. She's Duke Lidius Skotadi's heir. With all those Skotadi gold and fortune, who needs a fiance anyway?

From what the bracelet tells her, having a fiance would just ruin her life literally.

From the crowd, Clara spotted the familiar red head of Adrien Rosemond, one of her fiance candidates. He's a free soul who was just unfortunately born into the strict House Ruby as the sole heir and son of the Prime Minister. It was horrible to think that they could've been engaged. Clara shudders to think that. They both consipred and the engagement attempt was a mess to be. They remained friends after that.

When Adrien noticed her, he stuck his tongue out at her, before returning to mingling with his friends.

He's engaged to Elena Margavine afterall, surprisingly. He's still against it though, from what she heard from the rumor mill. Well, it was meant to be like that. He was meant to be with Elena Margavine.

Adrien Rosemond is one the capturable characters, the strongest after only Psycho Prince himself. To say the least, Adrien is the last sanest person in game. If there was anyone sane in the game in the first place.

Elena Margavine, his fiancee, well, Clara didn't really know much about her because in game, they never really interacted much....

💗💗💗

Clara made her way out of the party, with a fruit punch in hand. She relished the feel of the cool night air against her skin and the view the beautiful garden. The houses are kind of color coded. For one,The House of Topaz, or the Margavines were kind of following the yellow shade. Various shades of yellow littered their house, even their garden are filled with yellow flowers ranging from tulips to carnations. It's a nice change of pace from the usual blues Clara sees at her own home and appearance.

"Eek!" A startled shriek surprised Clara, as when she turned around, she saw a girl her age with curly brown hair and brown eyes. There was a noticable tear at the side of her yellow dress, probably caught from a rose bush. Honestly, the stranger looked a lot like Princess Belle from the fairy tales she read before.

"Who are you?" Clara asked rather bluntly.

The brunette girl looked away. "Um- I'm Elena. Elena Margavine."

"Huh? Oh pardon my rudeness. .... It's really nice to meet you," Clara fumbled, obviously flustered since she just semi-snapped at Duke Margavine's only daughter. Elena seems insistent on avoiding looking into her eyes. "Do you need some help?"

Like a startled mouse, Elena shook her head. "Oh, no, no."

"But there's a tear on the side of your dress." Clara pointed out. When Elena noticed this, her eyes went wide.

"Oh my god?" She shrieked once again. "When did this happen?- Mother's gonna kill me!" Elena cried.

"I think I can pin that," The bluenette took out a safety pin from her pocket- an extra since she had to pin her blue dress too. Clara crouched taking the loose strands of Elena's yellow skirt before pinning it to place.

Elena gawked at it, running her hand through what used to be a tear. "Oh my?- How did you do that? "

Clara smiled sheepishly, tossing a stray lock of her chin-length blue hair behind her ear. "It's no big deal. I also pinned my dress- see." She turned sideways, showing Elena the part she pinned near the zipper. Of course, it isn't noticable.

Elena finally. "What's your name by the way?"

"I haven't introduced myself?" Clara mumbled. Right, she did forget to introduce herself because she was busy pinning Elena's skirt. "I'm Clara Estella Skotadi."

It seemed like time stood still for a moment. For lack of better words, Elena gawked at her with wide eyes. "You're like the daughter of Duke Lidius?"

"Yeah, that's me." She shrugged. "What about it?"

"But I heard you're mean!" Elena said with a straight face.

Clara winced noticably. "I am?" So a year later and the tales about her wickedness had not yet died down.

"Well you're not. Urgh, this is why I hate rumors," The brunnette said. "I guess there really are people who wanted to ruin someone so great. But don't worry, it's because you're above them that they want to take you down." She said sagely. Clara really didn't expect to get an advice from a girl her age. Most of all, Elena said that with much conviction. She probably experienced something similar.

"Yeah.." Clara looked away. It wasn't exactly false. Clara Estella Skotadi was the definition of the singular spoiled kid in the universe a few years ago before she saw her death. And oh, Operation Change did make wonders to her personality. Although it was hard to change.

"Enough about negative things. Girl you do not know just how amazing your family is. Your father, along with Duke Aima stopped a rebellion in our fief." The brunette said all that without missing a beat. How Elena could switch from shy to assertive, it's a mystery. Maybe she warmed up? Anyway, Clara honestly doesn't know a bit about that since its father's business  and he doesn't tell her stuff these days.

She just knows that Duke Lidius holds the economy, while Duke Aima is the one that mainly deals with politics,  defense and weaponry.

"Well, isn't your family amazing too?" Clara asked. "You own a chocolate factory." After saying that, her stomach let out an unladylike growl, much to Clara's embarrassment. She immediately downed the fruit punch she was holding.

Elema stiffled a laugh, before taking out a bar of chocolate from her pocket. "Here, I guess we're even." She handed Clara the chocolate bar, with a cursive writing of Margavine.

Clara smiled, taking the chocolate. "C'mon, I'll introduce you to my friends."

"I-I don't have friends." Elena skidded to a stop, digging her heels.

"Why is that?"

"Since I got engaged to Adrien, my friends all left me," Elena looked like she was about to cry, pretty golden eyes moist. "I- I don't want to be left alone again." Tears spilled from her eyes, looking all delicate and fragile. Elena looked like shattered glass pieced together, one poke and she'd shatter again.

Clara understood this instant. She never met Elena Margavine in game because Elena was always alone. Elena Margavine in game was like a flower on a high peak, while in truth she avoided people so she won't get betrayed again. Elena clung to Adrien and worked on perfecting herself so she'd be a worthy bride to him. She became the perfect princess and therefore was unapproachable. Looking back even if the girl doesn't have a death ending, she's still pitiful.

Though not as pitiful as Clara who was pinning after Avarys Diatiro blindly. At least, between them, Elena Margavine improved herself, was good in magic and the definition of a noble lady. Clara, in game, was a love-struck fool for lack of better words.

"Aren't I your friend now?" Clara gave a toothy grin, with wide eyes and soft blue hair blowing with the wind. "If it's any consolation, my friends are all engaged and we don't make it a habit to steal other people's fiance." Clara wanted to add: Only the heroine does that.

"You're not yet engaged?" Elena asked in surprise. "But you're so pretty and nice."

"Apparently pretty and nice girls like me don't get engaged easily," Clara shrugged, not caring much. She just has to find a guy she loves that is not Avarys Diatiro, how hard could that be?

Well if she doesn't, if it is any consolation, all the Skotadi gold was hers.

"Anyway, Angel and the others wanted to meet you too!" She held her left hand to Elena.

Elena took it, before sniffing and wiping her face with a yellow handkerchief. "Sure. I'd want to meet them too."

They walked back inside, with Clara's bracelet glowing an ominous blue.

Elena Margavine and Clara Skotadi were both rivals in the otome game Lovelorn, with the former a having lighter punishments in her Bad Endings. They are by no means friends and have no connection whatsoever in their respective routes.

Tbc.

💗💗💗

Author's Note:
Hiyaaa guyss, Mika here. So Clara finally met two other cannon charas- Adrien Rosemond and Elena Margavine. God I hate doing filler chapters but to hell with this. I just want to jump to the climax grrrr.

Anyway, I released today because it's November 10, 2017. What's so important about that day, well, Taylor Swift released her Reputation album!!! I'm so hapoy and still finding free mp3 versions atm. Because of that, I ended up releasing this chap as well✩✩

LoL, Mika♡♡♡✩✩

Edited: May 4,2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
1.1K 43 10
I had a good life. I had a stable job at a famous cafe, and, met someone who I wanted to live the rest of my life with... But I was run over by a car...
1.3K 97 11
Walking on your home from your shift while playing your favorite otome game,you get dashed by a car only to end up in the game as an extra life. You...
140K 4.6K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...