The Glorious Triumph - Previo...

By emy1999

Grey Carson is South Portland High School's nerd and outcast, bullied by everyone. Caster is the anonymous un... More

The Glorious Triumph
~The Characters~
1: Daily Life
2: Ass Was Served
3: Snooper Trooper
4: Hump Day
5: One Secret Down
6: Damn Aunt Danielle
7: This Is How I Roll
8: Psychic Aunts
9: Run Boys
10: Fight Night Part One
11: Fight Night Part Two
12: Alive
13: Televised
14: Hoping For The Win
15: Homecoming
16: Falling Into Place
17: Grey Space
18: Separation
19: Not Gordon Ramsey
21: Upon Arrival
22: Questions And Known Answers
23: What Family Should Be
24: Going Through The Motions
25: Confessions
26: Crunch Time
27: The Run Down
28: Even On Break It's Not Break
29: Incomplete
30: A Hopeful Start

20: Eternal Slumber

5.6K 181 30
By emy1999

Grey's POV

~~~

"Tristan! Get up already!" I hiss as I'm trying to wake up the giant idiot. I slap his arm repeatedly and all he does is grunt, roll over, and pull the covers over him. "How the hell do you wake up for school?" I mutter asking myself, even though the question was aimed at him. I never met such a heavy sleeper.

I climb over straddling him and tap his head furiously. "Wake up!" Nothing. Is he dead? I groan and punch him in the stomach. He coughs a little, his body surprised about losing so much air so quickly, but he still didn't wake up. Sorry bud, you leave me no choice. I swing my fist down into his gut and his eyes snap open. 

Tristan sits upright almost immediately and throws me off of him, while he coughs and his arms swing the air, a natural instinct to beat the crap of whatever woke him up. I grab both arms and his eyes look at me wide, startled. "Morning, sleeping beauty."

"Wh-why did you do that?" he pants and looks at me in horror, now grabbing his stomach in pain. "That fucking hurt!"

"You wouldn't wake up! Not my fault."

"What time is it?"

"Time for you to get a watch. Now get changed. We gotta get breakfast."

I get off his bed and went to my small suitcase, grabbing a pair of black lace up ankle booties with 3 inch heels. I won't lie, I felt cute as fuck with my outfit that Yenna gave me for the day. I had the black ankle booties, gray knee high socks, a maroon red mini skirt, white cami, and a tan blazer. I even managed to convince myself to put my hair into a bun and do some light makeup. I looked hot, if I do say so myself. 

I grabbed my black purse with the room key, my wallet, and phone before quickly leaving the room, giving the space for Tristan as I went downstairs to the lobby. A breakfast buffet was set up in one of the main dining halls and I instantly saw Kevin and Kyle's heads peaking over the crowd in the line to get some food. 

The room smelt amazing. I noticed so many scents; omelets, sausage, bacon, waffles, pancakes, and even toasted croissants. I was in heaven. I grabbed a hot dish and filled it with sausage and waffles, adding some syrup on top. I get a separate bowl and fill it with various fruits. Gotta be just a little bit healthy. 

I sit down at a large table next to Gina, who only had fruit and a single pancake. I look at her, "That's all you're going to have? It's a breakfast buffet."

"Yeah, I'm trying to watch my weight.." She drifts off. 

I look at her from head to toe and back up to her face. "Okay, you may be a genius but you're pretty damn dumb."

She looks at me surprised, "What are you talking about?"

"You're the perfect weight for your height. Maybe even a little under weight." I stab some sausages onto my fork and slide them onto her plate. "Eat," I order.

"Oh, okay," she says quietly. She listens to me though and eats the sausage with a face that looked a little annoyed. I sigh, how could she not eat?

Then the boys sit down, each with two plates of food. "What the-"

"It's free, Grey. Let us be. We like food," Kyle silenced me and stabs into his mountain of pancakes and syrup with his fork, taking a large bite. Kyle had one plate with at least 7 pancakes and the other was half scrambled eggs, the other half was sausage and bacon. Kevin had pretty much the same thing. How? How can two skinny guys eat that much and not get sick to their stomachs afterwards? The world may never know...

"Where's Tristan?" Kevin asked with a smirk.

"I never knew how hard it would be-" Kevin snickers and I smack the back of his head, with a good amount of power. His head snaps back to look at me shocker. Before he can speak I continue. "How hard it would be to wake him up. Such a heavy sleeper."

"Did you manage to wake him, though?" Kyle asks with a mouthful of food.

"Yep," I grin and eat a few grapes.

"How?"

"She punched me," Tristan answers as he sits down. He only had one plate of scrambled eggs, sausage, and a warm toasted croissant. 

Kyle, Kevin, and even Gina winced. Kevin speaks up, "Ouch."

"Ouch is right. I thought I was dying. I couldn't breathe," he glares at me.

I shrug, "Well, next time if I try to wake you up, wake up."

"I can't help it!" he whines.

I roll my eyes. "How do you manage to get up on time for school?"

"My mom wakes me up," he mutters stuffing his mouth with eggs.

"How?" His face turns red and he mumbles something. "I didn't quite get the." He mumbles a little louder, but I still couldn't understand. "Huh?"

"She as a spray bottle," he finally says before angrily munching on his food again. 

"Spray bottle? With water?" Kyle asks with a devilish grin. 

"Yes, a spray bottle of water. Alarms don't work for me, I turn them off in my sleep."

Before I realized what was going on, Kevin dipped his hand in his glass of water and flicks it at Tristan's face. "Like this?"

Tristan turns bright red and clenches his fists as the table laughs. I put my hand on his and smile sympathetically, "Sorry, but it is kinda funny."

His face softens and he nods, not saying anything else. At least I got him to calm down.

Kyle gave Kevin a small high five, "Nice one."

"Thank you," he chuckles and looks at Gina for her input.

"Good job," she smiles a little and he grins even more. Kyle, Tristan, and I all catch on to Kevin wanting Gina's attention and we smirk knowingly. Cuties. They would make an adorable couple.

After we finished all of our food (Kevin and Kyle didn't leave a single crumb behind), Kyle looked over to me as we were in the elevator to get some last minute things before we head over to the cemetery then catch our flight back before dinner. 

Oh Ella, how I miss ya.

I grab a few last minute things for my day and turn around seeing Tristan leaning against the wall, smiling slightly. "Almost ready?"

"Oh I'm ready, sleeping beauty," I stick out my tongue and start to walk past him. Until he steps in front of me. 

"I'm not a helpless princess."

"Hmm, sure seemed like it. But if you don't want to be Aurora, how does Snow White sound? Can you sing to the birdies and other little creatures?"

He frowns, "Not funny."

"Kinda is. Even Kevin and Kyle can wake up without me needing to punch them."

"Really? Wait," he paused, "How would you know that? Do you have them sleepover?" I hear him raise his voice and seem more jealous. Jealous?

"Uh well, lately Kevin has been living with me. Kyle has stayed over twice," I observe how he reacts to that. I watch his lip twitch and his eyes squint more. I think he is getting jealous.... "Why do you ask? You aren't my dad."

"But aren't you worried about guys in your house? When you're alone?" he asked nervously.

"First of all, Kyle is gay. I'm no where nears his radar. Secondly, Kevin is the best friend I haven't had in months. And besides, he has the hots for someone else."

He looks surprised, "He does?"

"Wow you're oblivious," I laugh as I finally push past him. 

He exhales calmly, "Grey, chill out. Sorry I don't catch onto a lot of things sometimes."

I raise an eyebrow grabbing the door handle, "I've noticed."

He suddenly steps forward, getting a lot closer and I inhale sharply surprised. I look into his eyes and am taken aback at how beautiful they actually are. I feel him staring into mine and I bite my lip looking down and opening the door quickly. Perhaps too fast.

"Sorry," I spit out as I look and see my friends with knowing smirks. "What are you asshats looking at?"

"Oh nothing," Kevin chuckles as the three of them walk away, leaving me with Tristan. I feel my cheeks heat up as he starts walking next to me. 

"Sorry about that," he scratches his neck nervously and embarrassed. 

"I-it's alright," I stammer, still off guard. I can't help but keep thinking about how close he had got to me. And his green eyes, I was lost in them...

"Hey uh after this, would you want to go out again? Somewhere nice?"

"Where?"

"Hiking at Mount Agamenticus? I've gone there a few times and I really liked it so maybe you would to." I hear a slight hesitation in his voice and I blush as all I can respond with is a yes. Yeah, we went to a diner, but this is like a real  date now.

The drive to the cemetery was pretty quiet for the most part. Tristan and Kevin knew where we were going exactly but Gina and Kyle, not so much. As we went through the gate, I looked back at everyone's expressions. It was a solemn realization.

When we first entered, there were only small tombstones, the ones for children. That sight was always the most depressing I think.

Small crosses and small headstones welcomed us. There were flowers on plenty of the headstones to young and old. I didn't bring Ella flowers, but I got her something better. I always brought food for Patrick, Ella loves food just as much. I found my way to where her plot would be and we park the car on the side of the narrow road. 

Kyle looks up at me solemnly, "Grey, this is where Ella is?"

"Yeah, not here in this spot though. Come on," I start walking through the grass avoiding headstones with names and dates. Someone important to someone else. Someone loved. I wonder how many were forgotten over the years. 

I found a large stone with ROYER written in it. I remember her funeral clearly.

I helped her parents when picking the out the casket. Ella, as girly as she could be, never was a fan of frills. Thank god. It was a silver casket with a light purple-ish finish on it, then inside was a white resting place for her. We kept it closed casket, only so much the funeral parlor can do to cover the damage in the accident. I let her parents pick out the outfit, I had added some jewelry that belonged to her, as well as a few of my own. It was hard to put them on her without sobbing. Seeing her body that way. Seeing her head.

We had laid her to rest with a necklace that we both had. A thing gold bar with an E in it, mine was the same, but with a G. The memories kept rushing to my head and I'm tearing up even more.

"Alright  guys, I would like you to finally meet my best friend, Ella Royer. Ella, don't be the bitch you usually are, but this is Kyle, Gina, Tris, and Kevin." I gestured to each person and I smile. "Sorry you guys had to see her like this. I can promise you she was a sweetheart."

Kyle gave me a one arm hug, "Well, when you warned her about being a bitch, I'm starting to question it."

I rolled my eyes, "She really is! Mostly a bitch to Patrick and I. But that's what friends are for."

"I'm sorry though, Grey." Gina apologized sincerely.

I smiled at her shrugging, "Hey it's alright. I'm accepting it more and more. I'll always miss her but I think she'll be happy that I have more friends rather just her and my older brother." We all laughed at that one.

It was nice spending time with my group of friends and getting to go to see Ella's family and visit her grave. Even though I did ditch school. But know what, I was perfectly fine with that idea.

The flight home was nice. How could it not with that private jet? God bless Will. 

Will picked us up at the airport with that stupid grin of his. "Welcome back, children. Enjoy yourselves?"

I hugged him tightly once I got out, "Thank you, Will."

He hugged back, "Of course, Grey. Are you ready for school tomorrow?"

"Definitely, I can't wait. I'm still mad at you for having me skip today," I slapped his arm pouting.

"Oh my god," everyone said in unison.

★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★

I apologize for the extremely short chapter in comparison to the ones I have written in the past. With everything happening in the past few months, I feel bad not being able to post anything to you guys. So I decided to post something anyway.

2192 words. Published 1/10/2017

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 8.3K 35
"I'm the leader of Mayhem, Lynn," Ashton says, smirking. I immediately glared at him. I get up from my chair and walk up to him. "You guys ambushed o...
5.4K 143 12
*COMPLETED* "Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?" I just rolled my eyes. Maya Prescott is a girl who has an amazing ability to f...
4.1K 187 35
Tessa O'Conner isn't your typical high school girl. She's had a cheating boyfriend, alcohol addiction, and she is a streetfighter. Nobody knows about...
668K 18.3K 33
~FIRST BOOK TO THE 'Loving A Fighter' SERIES!~ **The second book is out!** Meet Skylar Bradley, not your typical teenage girl. Skylar has kept to her...