Playing With Chance

By AngelHidingHorns

Playing with chance? Not a good idea. Eventually it will throw something at you that you don't know how to... More

Playing With Chance - Chapter 1
Playing With Chance - Chapter 2
Playing With Chance - Chapter 3
Playing With Chance - Chapter 4
Playing With Chance - Chapter 5
Playing With Chance - Chapter 6
Playing With Chance - Chapter 7
Playing With Chance - Chapter 8
Playing With Chance - Chapter 9
Playing With Chance - Chapter 10
Playing With Chance - Chapter 11
Playing With Chance - Chapter 12
Playing With Chance - Chapter 13
Playing With Chance - Chapter 14
Playing With Chance - Chapter 15
Playing With Chance - Chapter 16
Playing With Chance - Chapter 17
Playing With Chance - Chapter 18
Playing With Chance - Chapter 19
Playing With Chance - Chapter 20
Playing With Chance - Chapter 21
Playing With Chance - Chapter 22
Playing With Chance - Chapter 23
Playing With Chance - Chapter 24
Playing With Chance - Chapter 25
Playing With Chance - Chapter 26
Playing With Chance - Chapter 27
Playing With Chance - Chapter 28
Playing With Chance - Chapter 30
Playing With Chance - Chapter 31
Playing With Chance - Epilogue

Playing With Chance - Chapter 29

2.8K 102 31
By AngelHidingHorns

I drifted in, and out of consciousness as Chance made calls, and tried to clean up the mess left over from ripping the two guys to shreds. 

There must have been something about having someone come and make sure I was going to be okay too because one of the times I woke up, I found a middle aged man leaning over me to get a better look at the cut I knew was running down my side.  When he saw that I was awake he smiled, and said something about having most of my lacerations all wrapped up, but I'm pretty sure there was an underlying worry in his eyes. 

If I were him I would be worried.  I don't even know how much I look like shit right now.

Another time I woke up to hear Chance talking to his dad about dumping the corpses in the woods with some hiking supplies.

I guess it takes a lot of effort to cover up something like this, and it had to be covered up really well, because of course nobody was going to go and talk to the police, and tell them they ripped up two people with their wolf like claws, but it's okay because they were going to try and chop up their girlfriend.

Yeah... Not going to happen.

When I woke up again I was laying in a nice comfortable bed that I'm pretty sure I recognized from somewhere.

Soft music was coming from somewhere in the corner of the room, but it was the kind that just made me want to go back to sleep.  I don't think it was classical.  It was too, peaceful to be that full of emotion.  

Who could be playing something like that?  Do I know anyone that can play the piano?

Not that I can remember.  If I knew someone that could play the piano I would have asked them to play for me so often it would have become annoying....

Suddenly my eyes flew open.

There was someone that I had asked to play for me, but then I didn't see that person around a piano for a long time, so I forgot he could play.

That's when I remembered where I had seen the bed I was laying in.  I told it's owner that mine was more comfortable.

I don't know how I didn't recognise the smell that covered the room.  I'd been surrounded by it  every time I'd woken up since it's owner found out that I had nightmares.

"Chance?" I asked, my voice barely audible to my own ears.

I guess he didn't have an issue hearing it though, because he immediately stopped playing, and I could hear him stand up.

"No," I protested, "Keep playing."

"I would, but I've been waiting for you to wake up for a very long time."

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked slightly confused.

"A little over a week now.  The doctor had to hook you up to an iv to keep fluids in your system for a while, but he said you should wake up soon, so he pulled you off them last night."

"A week?  What did you tell my mom?"

"I sent her a text from your phone that said you were going to stay at Brandy's house this time since she stayed at your house so often.  It's technically true since Brandy and Hero moved to my house after my dad found out that they were werewolves living in a human's home, and they didn't know anything about being a werewolf."

"How are you going to explain.... all this...." I asked motioning to my arm without looking.

"Explain what?" he asked with a smirk.

"All my injuries...."

"I don't see anything wrong with you."

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion, still refusing to look at myself.

"Elizabeth, there isn't anything to indicate that you didn't just spend the night at Brandy's house.  No cuts, no bruises, not even a scar.  Just skin."

Shocked I looked down at my arm.  I slowly turned it over, looking for the signs of attack that I knew should be there, only to discover that he was right.

"How?" I asked in wonder.

He didn't say anything for a long time.

Looking up I found him with an uncomfortable look on his face as he tried to think of a way to explain my miraculous recovery.

"Chance?  How did you make it go away?"

"Um......  You may not like the answer to that......." he replied without looking at me.

"What did you do?" I asked worried.  

"Well, when I said that there wasn't a single mark on you, I lied.  There is one scar on your neck that you will never be able to get rid of....."

I looked at him with confusion, "I don't remember getting my neck cut up.  They said it was too easy to kill someone that way...."

"They didn't put the mark there.  It was part of your..... healing process."

"That makes no sense..."

"When Elliot came to visit he mentioned that he explained some things to you about werewolves.  Did he happen to mention how mates work?"

I nodded my head, not sure where this was leading, "I think I called them soul lovers."

"What all did he tell you?"

I scrunched up my nose, trying to remember what he told me, "I think I changed the subject to politics really quick.  All I can remember him telling me was that the little voice in your head tells you who your soul lover is."

"Is that all he told you?  He didn't tell you anything about what mates do when they meet, or anything about what the werewolf does if his mate is a human?"

I thought about it for another second, trying to think of anything else Eliot told me about the subject, "Nope, nothing about that.  The only other thing I remember is that he wouldn't tell me if you found your soul lover."

"That's because it's considered extremely rude for him to do that."

"Why?"

"Because as a general rule, if a werewolf's mate is human, they should be the one to explain what's going on to the person...."

Why would that rule apply to this situation?  It's not like....

Wait.  Is he saying....

What did Hope say about me in regards to him?  Wasn't it that he had a special place in my heart, just like I had a special place in his.....?

I could feel my eyes growing wide with realization.

"I... I... I'm your...." I stuttered, unable to form a coherent sentence.

He just nodded his head, and let it sink in.

I felt like asking him why he didn't tell me, but I figured I knew the answer to that question.  When I found out about him being a werewolf I freaked out, and called him a monster.

The next question that came to mind seemed like the answer wasn't quite as obvious, "What does this have to do with me healing so quickly?"

He got a relieved look on his face when he realized that I wasn't going to run screaming from the room, but it quickly changed back to the panicked look he had when I first asked about the topic, "Well....  When the doctor got to you he totally freaked out.  I guess you were in worse shape than anyone he'd ever had to deal with.  That's saying something since werewolves have major anger management issues when they first change.  He was worried about how much blood there was.  To be honest, you looked like you were rolled down a hill of knives.  That isn't even taking into account all the places that I could tell you had been beat with someone's bare fists..." at this point anger entered his eyes, and he had to stop talking for a minute to regain his composure, "The doc didn't think you would survive.  He didn't know how you stayed conscious as long as you did, and I don't think he believed me when I told him that you were the one that put the knife in that one guy.  There was only one thing he could think of to help you......"

I cocked my head to the side, and waited for him to continue, "Chance? What did you do to save me?"

He bit his lip, and looked at me guiltily, "Have you met the little voice in your head yet?"

"What?" I asked looking at him with what I knew was a deer in headlights expression.

"I bet she's really nice..."

"What did you do?"

He bit us, silly.

I couldn't help it.  I started to scream when I heard a voice in my head that I know wasn't me, but sounded just like me.

"Elizabeth!  What's wrong?!" Chance yelled with a panicked look in his eyes.

I don't know why you're screaming.  I've always been a part of you.  Only difference is that now you can hear me.  Elliot explained this.  Talking to me is like talking to your soul.

"I'm going crazy," I mumbled feeling tears form in my eyes.

"No, you're not.  Let me explain.  When mates meet each other the guy will usually bite the girl to make sure everyone knows that she is taken.  It's like a mark of pride for the guy.  If the girl is human it will usually turn them into a werewolf.  I would have asked, but you were dying, and I know that werewolves heal faster than humans.  I gave you the mark so you wouldn't die!"

"I have a voice in my head.  Only crazy people have voices in their head."

"That's mean.  I'm not crazy, am I?  I have a voice in my head."

I looked at him, and glared, "Only crazy people decide that it's okay to bite someone."

"Hey!  That's not fair!  I was trying to save your life!"

You know he's right.

Shut up!  I really don't want to deal with you right now.

Just saying, he did you a massive favor, and you repay him by yelling at him for saving your life for the second time in the same day.

But he bit me!

Yeah, he did it so you wouldn't die.  He also made it so you don't have to worry about the questioning looks you would have gotten from people, not to mention all the grief he saved you, when it comes to explaining what happened to mom. 

But...

Stop questioning it, and thank the boy for making sure you survived something that would have killed you if it had been anyone else that tried to save you.

But...

Apologize, and show some gratitude!

Chance was wrong about you being nice.  You're just bossy.

But you know I'm right.

"I'm sorry I freaked out.  It's just a lot to take in at one time.  Thank you for saving my life," I said looking at the ground.

Jeez, try not to sound like you're at someone's funeral will ya'?

Come on!  I'm doing the best I can!  I just found out that, not only am I the freakin' soul lover of a guy, I can also turn into some kind of animal.

Not some kind of animal.  A wolf.  Now apologize like you mean it.

Why are you so bossy?

Because you are so stubborn!  Now do what I say!

No!

Do it!

Fine!  You want to see an apology?  I'll show you an apology!

Looking up at Chance, I found that he had sat down on the bed sometime while I was arguing with my... inner voice...

I got on my knees, and crawled over to the edge of the bed where he was sitting.  Grabbing his shirt with one hand, I pulled him toward me with as much force as I could manage, and smashed my lips on his.

He was surprised at first, but it didn't take too long for him to relax, and kiss me back.

I grinned into his lips, and wrapped my hands in his hair to try to pull him closer to me.  Giving up on that, I pulled my hands out of his hair and, I slid them down his chest. Letting them come to a rest at the edge of his jeans before sliding them back up, under his shirt this time.  Deciding that he would look better without it, I pulled his shirt over his head, and dropped it on the bed beside us.  As soon as it was over his head his lips were back on mine, licking my bottom lip to make me open my mouth again.

He groaned into my mouth, and pulled me onto his lap.  That was probably the first time I've ever felt the kind of effect I could have on him.  I wrapped my legs around him, and wiggled my hips against his.

That didn't help his... problem... but I wasn't really planning on torturing him.

I pushed him down onto the bed, and broke our kiss to pull the black t-shirt I'd woken up in over my head.

"I take it I'm forgiven then," Chance asked as he looked over my body with wonder before finally meeting my eyes.

Smirking I leaned down so our lips were mearly centimeters away. "Definitely," I murmured against his lips before kissing him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 773 41
I looked at him fear soon enveloping me. My heart starts pounding, my palms become sweaty, I feel my face lose its colour as I become pale. I beg him...
119K 5.4K 27
One's Bait. And the other could go to Jail after taking the Bait. Jail Bait.
120K 3.9K 25
**Sequel/prequel to Baby Steps Though Jin and Namjoon are happy to be taking care of Jungkook now, there's still so much to the boy's past they don't...
75.3K 669 22
I'm just trying something new. SO this might not be good.