Souls for Satan

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 5

37.5K 2.3K 1.3K
By SianaghGallagher

The silence was as awkward as the angel and demon would allow it to feel. The tension from Kaiden was overwhelming. His glare was dark and full of a powerful bitterness that kept Milokan rigid, fearing to move. Their gaze often shifted to one another but the angel did the best he could to stare at the ground. He felt his soul being heavily judged when the demon tried to examine it.

The humans have been keeping a close attention towards the supernatural beings and the time that they were being held in such a tiny room. So far, it had been three hours and forty-two minutes. They were surprised that the demon had not tried harder to rescue himself from his chains. Also, he had made no attempt to injure the angel which also needed to be heavily observed.

Kaiden moved his boot and smirked when the angel jumped.

"Nobody is missing you in heaven." His deep voice echoed around the room. Even though it was quiet, the staleness within his tone sent shivers down Milokan's arms.

He swallowed his sorrow, acknowledging the truth within his words.

"Nobody is missing you in Hell."

"Now, that is where you're wrong. Lucifer can't cope without his best soul-catcher." Milokan wasn't sure if he detected sarcasm in his voice, yet, he had a feeling that the Devil might not be the demons favourite person. "And my mother. She will feel his wrath if I don't return home."

The angel frowned and narrowed his eyes.

"I don't know much about Hell, but I know their rule about keeping children is the same as heaven-"

"Shut up," Kaiden spat and clenched his fists, "You know nothing."

The angel linked his fingers together, holding his knees against his chest.

"I know enough." He sighed sadly, wanting to stretch his wings but didn't dare to risk it. "How did you find your mother?"

Now, it was the demons turn to keep his eyes on the ground. He could feel the angel trying to look into his soul, searching for any soft spot he had to offer. He wasn't prepared to let anyone find his weaknesses. He wasn't sure he even knew them himself, yet, he understood that everyone has them. There is no such thing as the perfect person.

This is another thing about himself that raises suspicion. He shouldn't be able to think that way.

"What is she like?" Milokan tried to keep his voice soft and calm. He wanted to get inside the demon's head.

"She's different," Kaiden found himself speaking aloud.

"How?"

"She doesn't like torture."

"How wonderful," Milokan's mocking tone earned him a kick against his shin. The demon could barely reach so it wasn't enough to express a whimper.

"How dare you be patronising towards me."

"And there it is," The angel took his gaze to a deep crack on the wall next to the demon's head. "You express a mellow side to your demon traits, yet you never show it enough for me to really see you."

"That kind of talk is the reason I hate you."

"That kind of closed mind is the reason I hate you." The angel allowed his green eyes to stare into his glistening amber ones, challenging him. "Your feelings exist. It is very bad for you to neglect them."

"Why? Nobody cares-"

"Maybe not other demons." Milokan cocked his head to the side and Kaiden diverted his gaze. A sudden flutter discretely alarmed his senses. "But I'm sure your mother cares."

"She does," He murmured. "A bit too much."

"A mother's trait, of course, it is in her nature. You mean a lot to her and you always will."

Kaiden could tell he was trying to make him open up, yet, he didn't know how he felt about it. Was it irritating him? Or was he calming down?

"I know that."

The humans were listening intensely. It was slowly becoming clear to them that this demon was divergent. He showed a fragment of something different. A deeper connection to his inner consciousness was very intriguing to them.

"What is her name?" Milokan asked.

However, Kaiden was able to realise when he was expressing too much and snapped his dark side back in less than a second.

"You don't have the right to know," He growled.

Milokan's face grew very serious, he didn't like how fast he could change.

"Why-"

"Because you are a worthless angel who means nothing to me, you should be dead."

"But I'm not."

Kaiden started pulling on his chains. Being in the presence of such a holy being was starting to mess with his thoughts. He needed to drown his burnt soul in the pits of hell.

"You can't sweet talk your way into not being killed by me. I will end your life as soon as I break free."

Milokan watched him struggle and understood that it would be a while until he strained the chains too much that they would eventually snap.

"You have the strength of a human when you're chained with their technology. What's to say that I will not break free before you?"

Kaiden scoffed and found his ideology rather amusing.

"Because you're tiny. That's-"

"Why do you keep comparing my strengths with weaknesses? Yes, I'm smaller than you but stop judging me. You don't know how insulting that is." Milokan has seen it his entire life, angels assuming he's mentally and physically weaker just because he is petite. He really disliked the stereotype. "Just because you are privileged with your perfect body and good-looks does not mean that the rest of us are worthless."

kaiden was once again surprised by his bold attitude.

"The way you carry your beliefs interests me, do you speak to other angels like that in heaven? I can imagine you don't, so why would you taint your pretty little image and speak to me like this?"

"You're no angel," He spoke lowly. "You don't exactly deserve my kindness."

"No, I don't. But you don't deserve my hatred."

"So why do you give it to me? I have done nothing wrong, it is just who I am that is making you act this way. You act more like humans every day, hating people because of the stereotype and not giving them the time and effort to really see them as an individual."

Kaiden's eyes expressed no emotion. Of course, the angel's words were drilling into not only his head but the humans who were listening to their conversation.

"You're boring me."

Milokan crossed his arms, giving up trying to get through to him.

"As long as you're just a demon, I will never change your outlook on things."

* * * * *

After their heated discussion, the supernatural beings fell back into an uncomfortable silence. Kaiden kept his thoughts planted firmly on his master and what he would do if he sauntered into hell, empty-handed. Milokan listened to the whispers of the angels, not a single one was talking about him. The demon was right, nobody cared that he was gone.

The humans who were monitoring their activity were starting to get bored, especially Sally. She wanted to see the conflict that she predicted, she wanted them to show their differences so she had something interesting to show her boss.

Milokan looked up when the door opened. Even though there was a light bulb in the room, it wasn't as bright as the light flowing from outside, making Kaiden shield his vision.

Sally leant against the doorframe, not wanting to enter due to the lack of space.

"Show me your wings, we need some of your feathers." Her blunt tone didn't sit well with the angel.

"No." His wings were very, very special to him and it was the one thing angels were proud of no matter what. Even Kaiden knew that.

"Look, we have been nice to you so far. Don't make this difficult for yourself."

Kaiden watched how the angel's eyes grew dark. A small smirk flashed on his lips, he liked that he showed a stubborn side.

"I hope you know you're going to hell," He sighed. "Your soul is tainted, just like his." Glancing at the demon, he didn't expect his amber eyes to be staring right into his.

"And when your soul comes to the gates, I will pick you aside for Lucifer so he can do whatever he pleases with it." He grinned.

Sally stiffened her stance, not looking as dominant.

"Yeah well, I'm not dying anytime soon. Now show me your wings or I'll have to take action." Her voice leaked uncertainty.

"No. you have no right to take anything from me."

Sally pinched the bridge of her nose before stepping forwards, but Kaiden moved his leg rather swiftly and kicked her hard in the shin. She cried in pain and fell to the ground.

"Ben!" She yelled and held her shin in agony. "You are going to regret that, demon."

"No, I'm not." He grinned that sinister smile, flashing his perfect teeth.

Ben ran to the door when his partner in crime scrambled out, pulling herself across the concrete floor.

"Torture the angel until he shows his wings," She breathed when people rushed down the long corridor to help with her leg. Their heavy footsteps echoed into the tiny room, raising the already tense atmosphere.

Kaiden watched how fear flashed in Milokan's expression. He enjoyed it the first time, but it felt uncomfortable to see it now. Especially when he acknowledged the fact that he did not deserve it.

"I'll never give you anything, even if you kill me."

His bravery was still somewhat respected by the demon.

"Hm, it feels wrong to be doing this to an angel, but we do want your feathers so..." Ben shrugged and edged around the demon. Milokan pulled on his chains and tried to shuffle as far away as possible.

"Please, think about your morals."

"I clearly have none," Ben snorted. "But sorry kid, this has to be done." He leant down and cupped the angels face hard. "This will be easier for us both if you just show me-"

"No!" Milokan growled and tried to push him away. However, his eyes caught those glistening amber ones. They showed maybe the slightest hint of sympathy.

"Push him," Kaiden mouthed, not making any audible noise. "Push him into me."

Milokan frowned, was it possible for an angel and a demon to work as a team? Was it possible for a demon to feel pity towards someone else?

Ben gripped the angel's neck but Milokan kicked him in between his legs and when he crippled with the pain, he lifted his foot and booted him in the chest. Kaiden opened his arms when Ben fell back. He was like a vulture, capturing his pray, swarming him in his tight grip.

"Help!" Ben screeched when the demon held his jaw and neck in an uncomfortable position.

"It's not nice is it," He muttered into his ear. "You're a coward, praying on the innocent."

Guns were suddenly pointed at Kaiden when humans stood in the doorway, desperate to protect their own.

"Don't shoot!" Ben warned and winced when Kaiden gripped him harder. "It'll have an effect on the angel."

"What?" Kaiden mumbled. "No, it won't."

"You have no idea-"

"Ben, shut your mouth," Sally warned. "Demon, let him go."

"You don't even know my name." He slowly started pulling the humans head round, creating faint cracks in his spine.

"Stop!" Ben cried.

"Why should I? You were torturing Milokan for no reason."

"A-Alright, If you let me go, I won't touch the angel!" Ben was desperately clinging onto his life. "And I'll tell you why you're both here!"

this caught Milokan's attention.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"Ben-"

"Sally this is my life!" Ben yelled in anger. "Please, I'm sorry demon, I'm sorry for underestimating you."

"Don't suck up to me now that your life is in my hands," He growled.

"Ben, what do you have to tell us?" Milokan asked, eager to hear his response.

The human wheezed when Kaiden's powerful fingers dug deeper into his warm skin. He could feel the pulse of his blood, pumping through his active veins.

"Y-You're both special, you're both here for a reason," He breathed. "It's not a coincidence that you're together in this room. W-We wanted to observe your reaction when the b-bond-"

"Shut up Ben!" Sally yelled.

"Bond?" Milokan whispered. "You're talking nonsense."

"How dare you even suggest that." Kaiden was furious. "I'm a demon, we know no bonds with anyone other than our own kind."

"But that's why you're special," Ben scrunched his eyes shut and tried to pry off the demon's fingers from his neck. "You're not all demon. Surely, you have noticed that too?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699 27 16
A thousand years past, the world was run by humankind. But it changed, when countries became embroiled in a war that gave the werewolves the opportun...
14.7M 651K 89
COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an introverted soul, and struggled to communic...
1K 118 48
Angels is a completed book that I've been putting a lot of my time into for the last year. The main idea of the book is that it takes place in a worl...