Another High School Romance

By dontevennnn

Jules Henderson and Brandon Glow. Everyone can see it. They may act like archenemies but all of Shanport High... More

Another High School Romance
"Promise you won't fall for me."
Scary As Hell
Beautiful Nightmare
Double Date, Double Trouble.
Pink Elephants
"Yes."
Afraid to Love

Day One

2.5K 79 8
By dontevennnn

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Brandon couldn't fall asleep at all that night. Thoughts flooded his mind of how they would pull off this prank.

It was such a random idea for someone like Jules to come up with.

They actually talked on the phone without getting into another argument.

"Weird. Just too weird." he said to himself massaging his forehead.

Maybe it would work and they would be known as the greatest pranksters of Shanport. But if it didn't, the shame would just be too much to handle for Brandon's ego.

"What the hell have I gotten myself into?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jules' House

"What the hell have I gotten myself into?"

Jules stood by her closet door staring at neon tanks, leggings, sweats, and old jerseys.

Heather was in the bathroom putting her hair into a slick ponytail and applying a bit of lip gloss.

"Yeah. What the hell have you gotten yourself into?" she said peeping out of the bathroom door spraying her hair with hairspray.

"I just said that, moron!"

ding

"Oh, that's probably Jase. He's giving me a ride."

"I thought you were riding with me? You know your best friend?"

"Are you kidding? No! You're catching a ride with Brandon.:

"Ew no that ugly little-"

"Excuse are you forgetting something?"

Jules took a second before saying anything else.

"Ugh."

'ding ding ding

"You gonna answer the door or what?"

"It's the love of your life; not mine."

Heather looked out the window.

"Actually, it's yours..."

"But I'm not even ready!"

"Does it matter? You usually dress like a hobo anyways."

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

"Just stall him so I can make myself somewhat presentable."

"Fine."

Heather's steps were silent going down the carpeted stairs.

"Okay, what to wear?"

Jules pulled out black leggings, a yellow tank, unmatching socks, and her black North Face.

"Just like a common white girl."

Jules jumped in surprise and turned to the her door.

"What the hell are you doing up here?!"

"If we're gonna be the next big time couple our school has seen, I'm gonna have the right to chill in your room whenever I want."

"This is just a prank you-"

"Aaah." Brandon plopped himself onto Jules' bed and smirked as he saw her face reddening with anger.

"Get. Off. My-"

"You look pretty cute when you're mad."

That was all it took. Jules let out a high-pitched scream and jumped onto Brandon.

"What the hell! Jules stop you're gonna rip my shirt!"

"Get off my bed!"

"No! Stop you're messing up my hair!"

"I don't care!"

Heather ran up the stairs and stood at the door with her mouth wide open.

"Get off of me! I have to change!"

"Oh now you wanna change!"

Jason joined Heather shaking his head and crying with laughter. Heather flicked his shoulder, straightened herself up and made her way to Jules' bed.

"Stop it both of you!"

She pulled them both apart and pushed Brandon off the bed. "How are you guys gonna pull this prank off in front of everyone if you can't even get out the front door without pissing each other off?!"

"I need to change!" said Jules out of breath.

"She's right, she needs to change so boys out!"

After about ten minutes Jules sprayed her favorite Pink perfume on then made her way downstairs.

"Finally!" said Jason standing up off of the couch.

"Where's Brandon?"

"In here."

Jules made her way into the kitchen where Brandon was leaning on over the counter with a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

"What's that supposed to be?" she asked.

Brandon took a sip from his coffee. "Well I get the cup of caffeine, you get the cereal."

"I don't even eat breakfast."

"It's the most important meal of the day."

"I don't care."

"I just wasted time making that crap for you!"

"Thirty seconds of pouring wheat thins and milk into a bowl?"

"Whatever. It took energy."

"Guys hurry up let's go already!" said Jason from the living room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I don't wanna listen to this."

"How can you not like John Mayer?"

"I don't know. Can I please change it?"

"No."

"Why?"

"It's my car therefore we listen to my music."

"We're taking my car tomorrow."

They pulled into the parking lot and Jules felt the butterflies in her stomach. Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all.

Brandon looked at her with a half-smile. "Having second thoughts?"

"What? No!"

"Why aren't you getting out of the car?"

"I-I don't know. How about you be a gentleman and open my door for me?"

He raised one eyebrow and put on a small grin.

Damn this boy is cuter than I remember. "Just so people believe it."

"Ha, okie dokie." Brandon opened his door and got of the car.

Jules closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Can't be that bad. Maybe no one will notice.

When her door opened she squinted at the sun getting in her eyes.

Although Brandon was feeling as nervous as she was, he held out his hand for her. "You ready?"

She nodded her head and took his hand.

"Ew! Disgusting!" she hissed softly.

"Well sorry!" he whispered back. "My hands sweat when I'm nervous!"

She took his hand once again and slowly stepped out of the car.

Well that's good. Everyone out here doesn't notice. But isn't the point to get them to notice?

As the thoughts overrun Jules' mind, Brandon's heart beat faster than ever before.

My gosh. I cannot believe I am holding hands with the girl who almost clawed my eyes out this morning.

As they reached the front doors, they both looked at each other and felt like they were in one of those cheesy high school situations that you only read in books.

"Whew. Ready?" asked Brandon quietly.

"Mhm."

Jules opened the door.

At this moment, all the students of Shanport turned to the couple with eyes and mouths wide open.

"Awkward, This only happens in the movies." whispered Brandon into Jules' ear.

She felt so sick seeing all eyes on her. After a few silent seconds, Jules couldn't take it anymore. She began to pull away from Brandon's hand and wanted to run out the doors, curl up into a ball, and hibernate. Forever.

Brandon saw how bad this was all going and decided to take charge.

"What the hell are you guys staring at? Never seen a couple holding hands before? This is frigging high school people."

Everyone, still in shock, looked at each other and slowly turned around whispering and mumbling.

"I-I don't think this is a good idea anymore." said Jules turning to Brandon.

"We got the people wondering." he replied looking at her with his famous white grin. "It's all a part of the prank, remember?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry this chapter was a little boring :/ It's gonna get better I promise! Please vote and comment what you guys think of the story so far. I love feedback it helps to keep me motivated!

Thanks so much, STAY AMAZING!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97K 2.3K 72
"We fake date each other for two or three weeks then we have a public breakup." I think he's hit his head one too many times playing football. "Reall...
118 18 29
Quinn Baker is basically invisible inside the halls of Jefferson High School. Until one day she's seen by popular jock Wyatt Langford. Determined not...
48.2M 2.5M 68
|| Available in book stores!! || watty award 2017 winner! || Becca's life takes a thrilling turn when she pretends to date Brett Wells, the most pop...
46 1 6
Timothy Brown, the quarterback for the high school football team. Lara Nakamura, the class president and a straight A student. Both of them are norma...