𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 | stiles...

By dyiansobrien

BORDERLINE [BOOK ONE OF FIVE] ✧ Harper Verum agreed to help her best friends find a dead body a little too wi... More

[ cast! ]
[ playlist! ]
[ prologue! ]
[ one ] body hunting
[ two ] you're a werewolf, scott
[ three ] big bad wolf
[ four ] new plan
[ five ] thank you, too
[ six ] dream come true
[ seven ] batman doesn't have you
[ eight ] werewolf in need
[ nine ] a cure
[ ten ] alpha attack
[ eleven ] happy right here
[ twelve ] anger management class with stiles
[ thirteen ] go to hell stiles
[ fourteen ] bitten
[ fifteen ] nurse stilinski
[ sixteen ] kiss it better
[ seventeen ] full moon
[eighteen] liar
[ nineteen ] jackass knows
[twenty] hale no
[twenty one] babe
[twenty two] stiles approved
[twenty three] no control
[twenty four] i love you
PART TWO
[ twenty five ] the weekend after
[ twenty six ] lost in the woods
[ twenty seven ] new werewolves, new hunters
[ twenty eight ] operation save isaac
[ twenty nine ] erica freaking reyes
[ thirty ] not gay
[ thirty one ] six foot lizard man
[ thirty two ] kanima
[ thirty three ] the kanima theory
[ thirty four ] larper protection programme
[ thirty five ] get in loser, we're going kanima hunting
[ thirty six ] quick kisses
[ thirty seven ] restraining order
[ thirty nine] plan: take down jackson
[ forty ] raving
[ forty one] a stalker
[ forty two ] dead parents
[ forty three ] hostage
[ forty four ] bleeding out
[ forty five ] recovery
[ forty six ] a threat
[ forty seven ] confessions
[ forty eight ] the end
dear scott
dear stiles

[ thirty eight ] detention with harris

27K 1K 1.6K
By dyiansobrien

c h a p t e r t h i r t y e i g h t
detention with Harris

When the bell for the end of the day finally rang, everybody had already made it to the library for their detention. Harper sat down beside Erica and opposite Scott and Stiles while Jackson, Matt, and Allison sat down at another table.

"Oh, uh, we can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." He gestured towards their table.

"All these tools?" Mr Harris raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, just us tools." Stiles pointed his finger between the three best friends.

Harris nodded, "fine. You three, over there." He pointed at the empty table next to them.

Harper huffed, grabbing her bag and moving to sit at the table. Scott and Stiles followed her, chucking their bags down underneath and sitting down with the brunette. Scott sat beside Harper and Stiles in front of her.

Scott looked across at Jackson and shook his head. "I'm gonna kill him." Scott breathed heavily.

"No, you're not. You're going to find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help save him." Stiles protested, holding a finger up to Scott as if he was lecturing him.

Scott looked back from where he had been glaring on Jackson. "No, you were right." He shook his head quickly. "Let's kill him."

Harper sighed, her head falling into her hands. First Stiles wanted to kill Jackson, and now Scott wanted to kill Jackson. It was like a never ending cycle of somebody wanting to kill the Whittemore boy.

"Hey, what if it's Matt?" Stiles muttered quietly as he glanced over at his table. "I mean, this whole thing comes back to the video, right?"

"Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage missing." Scott mumbled, his chin leaning on his arms.

Stiles nodded, "exactly! He's trying to throw the suspicion off himself."

They all glanced back over at Matt, seeing him casually eating his crisps without a care in the world. Harper didn't know if now would be the right time to mention that she had agreed to go to a rave with him on Friday night- as friends, of course.

"So he makes Jackson kill Isaac's dad, one of Argent's hunters, and the mechanic working on your jeep?" Scott didn't look or sound convinced at all.

"Yes!"

"Why?"

"Because..." Stiles looked back over to him. "He's evil."

Scott rolled his eyes. "You just don't like him because of the wierd obsession he has with Harper." The werewolf jerked his head towards the brunette next to him.

Harper cringed, deciding now was defintely the time to tell him. "Yeah... Well, he kind of asked me out today..."

Stiles' head snapped around to stare at her. "What? You said no, right?" His voice went higher as he got defensive.

Harper nodded quickly, "Yeah, I told him that I had a boyfriend."

Stiles sighed in relief.

"Which is why we're going as friends." Harper winced as Stiles glared at her. "What? You know me- I can't say no to people. Plus, I told him we were just going as friends, like, twice, and I made sure that he knew it, too."

Stiles scowled, "You can't go anywhere with that guy. I don't trust him, okay? He bugs me. I mean, just look at his face."

They turned around to look at Matt again, seeing him offer a crisp to Jackson, who shook his head. Scott and Harper turned around to face Stiles again, raised eyebrows.

"Any other theories?" Scott questioned.

Harper suddenly felt a piercing ache in her head, causing her to wince. She looked around the room, trying to spot who was in pain. She saw Jackson leant over in his chair, holding his head while he hissed in pain.

"What's wrong?" Stiles whispered to Harper, and Harper just jerked her thumb in Jackson's direction.

The trio watched as Jackson stood up, still holding his head as he grabbed his backpack, slinging it over one shoulder.

"I have to go to the bathroom." He announced, his voice muffled in pain.

"Are you all right?" Mr Harris asked from behind his desk, looking up in concern at the star athlete as he began to walk away. "Hey, you don't look so good."

Jackson huffed, "I just need to get some water."

"No one leaves their seats." Mr Harris warned them all before going after Jackson.

As soon as the door had closed behind him, the three best friends shared a look before darting up from their seats and going to sit at Erica's table again. Harper sat back down beside her, the boys on the other side. Erica didn't look up as she carried on writing in her book.

"Stiles says you know how Jackson's parents died." Scott whispered.

"Maybe." Erica replied bluntly, not looking up from her book.

"Erica, please." Harper sent her a look.

Erica looked up from the book, seeing the amount of despiration in her old friend's eyes made her crack. She sighed, placing her pencil and book onto the table in front of her.

"It was a car accident." She told them all. "My dad was the insurance investigator, and every time he sees Jackson drive by in his porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's eighteen."

Stiles turned his nose up. "So not only is Jackson rich now, but he's getting even richer at eighteen? There's something so deeply wrong with that." He scoffed, causing Scott to nod along.

"You know what?" Erica opened her laptop. "I could try to find the insurance report on my dad's inbox. He keeps everything."

"Scott McCall, please report to the principal's office." Mrs Argent's voice suddenly came out through the intercom.

Scott shot Stiles and Harper worried looks before climbing out of his seat and heading towards the office. Harper prayed that Mrs Argent wasn't going to be waiting there with a knife or something. Harris and Jackson came back in the room as Stiles moved to stand behind Harper and Erica, leaning over them to look at the laptop screen.

"Oh, look at the dates." Stiles pointed at the screen which was now showing the insurance claim on it.

Erica began to read from the screen. "'Passengers arrived at the hospital DOA. The estimated time of death- 09:29pm, June fourteenth, 1995'."

Harper's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "But I swear Jackson was born on the fifteenth of June." She glanced over at him, seeing sweat pouring from his face as he stared at the table in front of him.

"Yeah, he was." Stiles sighed, and the three teenagers shared looks.

Mr Harris suddenly got up from behind his desk, zipping up the bag with his laptop inside. Everybody else began to collect their things and stand up too, Harper reaching for her backpack.

Harris began to chuckle, "oh, no, I'm sorry. Um, yes, I'm leaving. But none of you are. You may go when you're done with the re-shelving." He patted his hands on the top of one of the carts filled with about a hundred books. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

...

"It means he was born after his mum died- by c-section." Stiles explained to Allison and Scott as they all stood around the cart of books within one of the aisles. "They had to pull him out of her dead body."

Harper sighed, placing a book in its rightful place. "No wonder he's so angry at the world." She muttered, standing the books up properly so that they didn't slant.

"So was it an accident, or not?" Allison whispered.

Stiles shrugged, "the word all over the report is 'inconclusive'."

"Then his parents could have been murdered?" Scott sounded sorry for him.

Harper shuddered, and she couldn't help but think about her own parents. Her parents who went to work one day and never came back because of some angry man with a gun. She would probably never get over their death, but she had learned to not cry in front of anybody about it by now.

"If they were, then it falls with the Kanima myth. You know?" Stiles spoke lowly. "It seeks out and kills murderers."

Harper frowned. "But for Jackson? Or whoever's controlling him?"

"We have to talk to him. We have to tell him." Scott rushed, looking slightly panicked about the whole situation.

"He's not gonna l-" Scott cut Allison off by pushing past them and out of the aisle.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, glass shattered from above them and something dove from one book shelf to another, creating an entire mess with it. Books and glass from the lights fell from the ceiling, causing Stiles, Harper, and Allison to all panic.

Another bang came directly from above them as Scott yelled Erica's name before releasing a roar, and then the ceiling was crumbling from above them. Stiles grabbed a hold of Harper's body just as part of the roof was about to fall on her, shoving her out of the way and landing on top of her.

Stiles covered Harper's head with his arms as the noise of electricity crackling and Erica screaming filled their ears. The lights flickered on and off quickly, and Harper's heart was pounding in her chest uncontrollably. Scott was pushed and landed straight in front of them, but he wasn't affected, quickly scrambling up and taking a protective stance in front of Harper, Stiles, and Allison.

Allison clinged onto Scott's arm as the lights flickered, illuminating Jackson who was stood by the chalkboard in front of him. His head head tilted back and and his pale, sweaty skin was slowly becoming covered by the green scales of the Kanima right in front of them. His head lolled to the side and Harper noticed how his eyes were completely green.

His arm suddenly flung out, and with a piece of chalk he began to write on the board, moving almost robotically.

'STAY OUT OF MY WAY OR I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU'.

Harper gaped at the words just as the Jackson took off, jumping up into the glass ceiling. The glass shattered and fell to the ground around him, but at least it meant that Jackson/the Kanima was finally gone.

The four teenagers climbed up and began to move towards the board. Harper looked around worriedly, only to spot Erica on the ground having a seizure. How did she not feel it like she had felt it the time before?

"Erica!" Harper gasped, dropping onto her knees and hovering over her body.

Stiles and Scott were suddenly right behind her, Stiles' arm on Harper back while Harper attempted to control her friend. She had been with Erica while she had a seizure once before, so she faintly had an idea of what to do.

Erica wouldn't stop shaking and whimpering, moving uncontrollably in Harper's arms. Stiles helped, kneeling down so Erica could rest her head on his legs, since they didn't have a pillow or anything to put under her head.

"He's alive." Allison called from the other side of the book shelf.

She had been checking up on Matt who had been paralysed and knocked out by the Kanima.

"We need to get her to a hospital." Stiles glanced over at Scott and Harper worriedly.

"D-Derek." Erica managed to let out. "Only to Derek."

Scott turned to face Allison. "When we get her to the hospital-"

"To Derek." Erica chocked, cutting the werewolf off. "To Derek."

Allison nodded at them, "Go."

Scott rushed over to Allison and Harper moved the blonde hair out of Erica's face, attempting to give her at least a small bit of comfort. They waited for Scott to come back from his heart to heart with his secret girlfriend before Stiles moved Erica into Scott's arms.

Scott picked her up quickly and began to leave, Harper and Stiles opening doors for him on the way out.

...

"Pull her up." Derek yelled.

Harper quickly moved behind Erica and used all of her strength to hold her up, looking at Derek worriedly. "Is she going to die?" She panicked.

She couldn't let anyone else she cared about die.

"She might, I-" Derek didn't finish, rolling up the sleeve of Erica's jacket and clasping her arm with both of his hands. "Which is why this is gonna hurt."

There was a defeaning cracking noice followed by Erica's scream, causing Harper to shriek. She felt the pain in her own arm and accidentally dropped Erica, her head falling onto Harper's knees.

"You broke her arm!" Stiles gaped at Derek, before looking at Harper. "Holy- Harper!"

Harper was unable to shut off of her empathic powers, and she could feel every single thing that Erica was feeling. The pain was so, so unbareable. She would take breaking her finger over having her arm snapped any day of the week. Stiles moved closer to Harper, although he didn't know what to do to help.

"It'll trigger the healing process." Derek yelled above the noise of the two screaming girls. "I still gotta get the venom out. This is where it's really gonna hurt."

"That wasn't it-" Harper was cut off by her own screaming, and she could barely hear Erica's above the violent ringing in her ears.

Harper fell limp against Stiles who was behind her, her entire body arching upwards as blood began to pour from her arm. Sweat beads formed from her forehead as she let out a sob, her screams dying down until she was just whimpering, before eventually the pain was too much and she passed out, just like Erica.

...

"You scared the hell out of me, Harper Verum."

Harper's eyes had flickered open only a few seconds ago, and were currently adjusting to the figure on the end of the bed that she was laying in. She quickly realised it was Stiles, and also that she was in his bed.

"Sorry." The brunette yawned, rubbing her eyes. "I thought I had the whole connecting thing under control, but turns out I still don't."

Stiles scoffed and nodded. "Yeah, clearly not."

Harper pouted, crawling over to him until she was sitting directly in front of him. She grabbed his hands and sent him a smile, holding them up to her lips and kissing them. His hand slowly stretched out and moved to her face, cupping it and tucking some hair behind her ear at the same time.

"You're so lucky I'm in love with you." He chuckled dryly, leaning down and pressing a kiss on her forehead. "I hate it when you connect to people."

"It's kind of my supernatural ability, Sti." Harper let go of his hands to lean into him. "It's not fair- Scott gets supernatural hearing and strength, Jackson gets a venom that paraylses people, and I feel too much."

Stiles stroked her hand comfortingly. "Yeah, but you have the purest ability, Harps. You can help people emotionally- and sometimes that's more important than physically."

There was a comfortable silence for a few seconds before Harper's gaze flickered up to his hazel eyes. Like always, he was already staring straight at her.

"How do you feel right now, Sti?" Harper questioned, her tone light as she grabbed his hands, absent mindely playing with his fingers.

Stiles smiled slightly at her. "A mixture, I guess."

Harper stared at him, focusing until she could feel everything that Stiles was currently feeling: Love, content, nervousness. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"How are you feeling content and nervous at the same time?" She giggled slightly.

"Content because I'm here with you and we're both okay. Nervous because you're holding my hand, and you're very close to me." Stiles admitted, no shame to his voice.

Harper blushed, a giddy feeling occurring inside her. Her stomach swirled with butterlies and suddenly she was nervous too, her entire face hot as she avoided eye contact with him, unable to keep the smile off of her face.

Stiles chuckled, his finger going underneath her chin and pulling it up gently, forcing their eyes to lock. He didn't say anything but leaned in, capturing her lips in his. She hummed, rising from her butt onto her knees so she was higher than him, her arms wrapping around him tight.

His hands trailed from her face to her hips, resting there. Harper could feel the love, passion, and lust coming from him, and it was only doubling her own emotions, making her crave the Stilinski boy even more.

There was suddenly a knock on the door, causing the two of them to pull away quickly. The door opened and Noah poked his head inside, smiling at the two of them, sending a nod in Harper's direction. Harper beamed back at him.

"I'm going out." He announced. "I have some stuff to do at the station. And for the love of God, Stiles. I do not want to end up on sixteen and pregnant, so keep your hormonal hands to yoursleves, thank you."

Both teenagers blushed as Sheriff Stilinski left, leaving the door open this time. They didn't move until they heard the front door slam shut.

"Where were we?" Stiles smirked, connecting their lips once more.

would you guys be pissed off if allison didn't die in season three and isaac didn't leave???? idk how yet but i really want it to happen, but im not sure if you guys would hate it or not?

BC MALIA AND ISAAC ARE MY FAVOURITE CRACK SHIP AND THEN SCALLION COULD BE ENDGAME LIKE THEY DESERVED

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 12.2K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
1.3M 42.2K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...
59K 1.2K 41
Allison Argent was the new girl in school. She was a bit of a geek, quiet and only had one friend, Lydia Martin. She had always been shy, not the bes...
378 32 13
Each chapter is episode based. I don't own teen wolf or any characters/plot. This is just a bit of a retelling with some differences to the show. Ho...