DETERMINATION | Book One

By urbancreations

Works #1: Ahmad Hassan Sinclair, 25, was taught to always fight and work hard for what he wanted. In the life... More

T R A I L E R
D E T E R M I N A T I O N
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40
C H A P T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
E P I L O G U E
B O N U S C H A P T E R 1
B O N U S C H A P T E R 2
Thank you everybody!
New STORY Alert

C H A P T E R 32

46K 2.8K 3.7K
By urbancreations

Hazel in MM

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - T W O

Coming from under the covers, Cali leaned up to kiss Ahmad on the lips. "Did that help with your nerves?" She asked smiling and he nodded lazily trying to come down from his high.

She smiled getting up off him, walking into her closet. A month had passed and today was the day of his trial so they let him go home for the night under the table of course to get clothes and actually have a fresh shower, but he had to be back at the hospital before noon so he could get picked up by the cops.

Ahmad laid in Cali's bed, enjoying the feeling of a comfy bed again. All night he tossed and turned in his sleep as he kept having nightmares of things going wrong today.

Looking at his phone he saw it was only six in the morning so he had six hours to mentally prepare himself for the events that would occur today.

Stepping out of her closet in her robe, she put her hair in a messy bun climbing into bed beside him. "Everything is going to be okay, you heard what your lawyer said .. you got this, well we got this!" She preached rubbing her hand down the side of his face.

"I know, I'm straight forreal .. its just that anticipation of not knowing is what's killing me."

"Just relax, you know what to say and what to do .. be respectful, answer any of their bullshit questions clearly and if they try and hit a nerve about what Shondra did remain cool, and let Chauncey handle that .."

Sitting up so his back was against the head board, he sighed. "I did some research last night over this type of case .. its possible they could give me life, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life behind bars and miss out on my kids lives."

Grabbing his face she made him face her. "Think positive baby, this negative shit has to end. I believe everything will be okay, but you have to believe it your damn self! You are not a murderer baby okay? This is not who you are so you're going to walk into that damn court room with that attitude alright? Fuck what you saw online this is your life, keep faith in God and everything will be alright okay?" Ahmad nodded slowly.

Pressing his forehead against hers, he sighed. "I'm scared," He mumbled causing her to look up at his eyes.

Seeing the fear and worry in his eyes scared her, she had never seen Ahmad this shaken up about something. She's seen him sad and depressed but actually scared was something totally new and she honestly didn't like this side of him.

Wrapping her arms around him, she held him as his head rested on her chest. "Whatever happens today, know that I will always love you and stand right beside you no matter what. You are my everything and I don't want to imagine my life without you and I won't so you gotta be strong and remain hopeful through all of this, you are a king .. you are not what they are saying online and on the news .. You are Ahmad Hassan Sinclair, the love of my life and the father of my kids .. the man I saw in you the day I met you is the same man I see today a man who strives to be happy and you will get there one day my love,"

"It's almost that time, you good?" Cali asked Ahmad as she helped him with his tie.

Taking a deep breath, he moved over to the mirror in the bathroom checking himself out. "Yeah, for the most part." He mumbled. "I'm trying to remain as positive as possible."

Wrapping her arms around his torso from behind she pressed her face in his back. Ahmad smiled turning around so they could each other. "I got faith but what about that Melissa bullshit? What if that messes up everything?" He asked.

"Leave it in God's hands babe, thats what I've been preaching all day. You want to pray about it?"

He nodded, grabbing a hold of his hands they both held their heads down. "Dear heavenly father, we come to you to ask you to watch over my baby Ahmad and his trial today. He's lost, scared and confused and we just ask that you keep that faith in his heart and pray that everything goes smoothly today. No one knows what to expect except you lord so we ask you to please bless Ahmad with what you feel he deserves. We pray everyone makes it to the courthouse safely and that we leave safely as well. In god we may ask it all .. Amen."

"Amen." Ahmad repeated.

Kissing her on the lips, he smiled nodding his head. "I needed that,"

Leaving out of the restroom, Ashley, Aaron, Amir, Marcus, Shaun, Derek and Hazel all stood in his hospital room ready to leave. "You good baby?" His mama asked.

"I'm straight, but let's gon' head and head out."

All walking out of his room, Cali held his left hand while his mother held his right hand. He walked with his eyes closed, just praying mentally for some good news today.

After the talk he had with Cali earlier he was taking her advice, he had to stop being negative and think positive and hope for the best.

Loading up on the elevator together, it was dead silent the whole way down. When they reached the first floor the cops were already waiting on him. "You got this son, we're behind you." Aaron told him as he gave everyone hugs just incase this would be the last time he would be able too.

Kissing Cali on the lips then her belly, he stepped away from his family, then turned around so they could handcuff him. Escorting him out the hospital, they opened up the back door putting him in the back of the car then got in front seats ready to pull off.

Aaron had already pulled the car around and they all hopped in following behind the cop car as they headed to the courthouse. Ashley's leg shook uncontrollably, she got no sleep at all last night since she stayed up thinking about everything that could go possibly wrong.

But Aaron kept her in good spirits majority of the night, getting her mind off of it the best he could. He was indeed scared himself but he had a feeling things could possibly go well today. Placing his hand on her thigh, she looked over at him sending him a closed mouth smile. Leaning over he kissed her cheek, "Everything is going to be okay," He whispered in her ear and she nodded.

Cali laid her head on Marcus shoulder as he comforted her the best way possible. They all weren't sure if this would be the last time they'd see Ahmad as a free man or would he walk away and return home and that scared them.

But at this point it was really no point in being scared, today was the day all their doubts and feelings would be answered but no one was sure if they were ready or not for it. They were tryna keep that faith up high, but that thought of all the ways this could go haunted their minds as well.

Arriving at the courthouse, Aaron parked and everyone hopped out. Cali watched them escort Ahmad up the stairs as reporters snapped pics and asked questions. Walking up the stairs behind them, Marcus blocked Hazel and Cali from the reporters while Aaron guarded Ashley.

Looking back Cali looked back to see Shaun posing for the cameras. She tried not to laugh since this was a serious moment but she loved how he could make any bad situation good for a moment.

Tapping Marcus she point back making him look, smacking his teeth he yanked Shaun by his shirt. "Niggas stay hating," He mumbled.

"Now is not the time Shaun." Hazel scolded as they entered the building.

"I'm just tryna lighten the mood, we walking around this bitch depressed as hell .. y'all keep saying have faith but ain't nobody walking around this mug looking as if they have faith. I have faith my mans gon' walk away free so we should be smiling and being strong for Ahmad not acting like this." Shaun snapped.

"He's right," Cali admitted. "Ahmad is scared shitless but he's at least trying to remain strong but he has every right to be scared a lot of bad things have happened in his life so he's accustomed to getting bad news so its time for us to be strong for him. So when he comes out that back room and sees us we should be smiling and waving to give him that feeling that we actually believe shit will be fine."

They all nodded knowing her and Shaun had valid points. You can't expect a person to believe things will be okay when you look unsure yourself. "This is the works of Devil and we will not let him win or get to us. I have faith that my baby will walk away a free man today. I have faith that everything we hoped and prayed for will happen and I apologize for doubting God, as they always say the lord works in mysterious ways, this could be a test of our faith and so far we are failing so we gotta get it together snd quick." Ashley preached.

"Let's do a quick prayer before we enter the courtroom." Aaron demanded as they all grabbed hands.

"Lord as your children we simply ask you to do what you do best which is give blessings and lessons. If you feel Ahmad deserves to walk away a free man than do that but if not we'll continue to praise you and never doubt you. Continue to give us the strength we need and faith as well. In jesus name we may ask it all, amen."

"Amen." They said in unison.

"Alright let's go,"

All walking through the doors they saw Ahmad's lawyer already seated at the table he and Ahmad would be sitting at. Sitting in the row behind him, they all greeted him giving him handshakes and hugs. "This judge is a hard on, I've had to do cases against him but we have a pretty good fight so we have a good chance of winning," He explained.

"Black or white?" Shaun asked.

"Black judge but he's one of those he doesn't care about the color of your skin, we actually went to college together and even though we're sorta kinda friends he still has put some of my clients behind bars so that tells you a lot."

Aaron nodded. "Yeah it does,"

Hearing the doors open they looked to see Melissa entering the courtroom. Hazel instantly groaned. "This bitch," She mumbled.

"Don't even worry about her, I have a secret weapon to put her lies to bed." His lawyer whispered. The more he talked, the more hope everyone had that Ahmad would be okay.

After an hour passed, Ahmad was being escorted inside the court room. Uncuffing his hands he took his seat beside his lawyer while everybody got ready for the judges arrival.

"All rise for Judge Jenkins,"

Standing to his feet, Ahmad watched as the judge stepped up to his podeum watching his every move. He did a lot of praying in the holding room and he felt a lot better. "You may all be seated." The judge spoke taking his seat.

"Ahmad Hassan Sinclair, twenty-six year old, African American pleading guilty for temporary insanity for the murder of Shondra Delane Sinclair and pleading not guilty for the rape and assult on Melissa Janae Lewis am I correct?"

"Yes your honor,"

Looking over Ahmad saw Melissa sitting at the table next to him shaking his head as she avoided any eye contact. "Will the defendent please step forward,"

Melissa stood from her chair, saying a few words to her lawyer before going to take a seat in the chair. The guard walked over with the bible making her place her hand on it. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"Yes,"

Removing the bible he stood next to her as the judge flipped through the case file shaking his head. "What is your plead?" The judge asked.

Flipping her hair a little she sighed, "To get justice for myself, men like Ahmad should not be able to walk this Earth freely. He's a monster and he deserves to be in jail for what he did to me."

"She going to straight to hell," Hazel mumbled shaking her head.

Cali closed her eyes trying to contain her anger because at this moment all she wanted to do was jump over the rows of the seats and beat her ass but she remained calm and focused her attention on her baby.

Ahmad held his head down not believing she was actually up there lying on him. Looking over at his lawyer, his lawyer gave him a reasurring smile then mouthed, "Don't worry we got this."

Her lawyer stood up walking towards where she was sitting getting ready to ask questions. Handing the judge his list of questions the judge let him proceed. "Ms. Lewis please give us a brief description of you and Mr. Sinclair's relationship and when did it go left."

She nodded. "After a like two months of me working there, he started coming onto me and it was harmless at first and I liked the attention alot .. I mean Ahmad is a very good looking man and I sorta felt honored that he was taking an interest in me but that changed after one night when we he invited the whole work crew and a few of his friends over for a kick back. We were all pretty drunk and we were talking and flirting the usual then he invited me to his bedroom and he wanted to have sex but I declined .. I wasn't ready for it yet but he didn't like that one bit, he was angry, he was so angry that he forced himself on me and raped me that night then forced me to give him head. No one could hear my screams due to the loud music so I had to take it."

Her lawyer nodded, "And how long did this go on?"

"The raping lasted for a few months, he would follow me home sometimes and as soon as he sees my key is in the key hole he'll barge in and it'll go from there.. other times happened in my tattoo station."

"Why did you never confess up to anybody? A family, a friend within' the shop."

"I wasn't really liked in the shop, they wouldn't have believed me."

"No further questions," Her lawyer said as he took his seat.

Standing to his feet, Ahmad's lawyer adjusted his suit before walking up towards the judge handing him his questions. "Nice to see you again Clarence." Judge Jenkins greeted as they shook hands.

"Nice seeing you again as well."

Giving him the go that he could start, Clarence walked towards Melissa. "What exact day did this assault begin?" He asked.

Looking around, she tried to think of the date of the kick back. "I believe October 3rd,"

"October 3rd?"

"Yes,"

"Alright and the times when he raped you in your office what days where those?"

"Um it was November 21st, um the 29th and December 2nd."

"All months of last year correct?"

"Yes,"

Chuckling, he turned towards the jury. "I have proof that the accusations Ms. Lewis are making are false. We have video footage of Ahmad's shop all of last year and this year .. we can fast forward to those exact dates Ms. Lewis claims Ahmad raped her,"

Handing the judge the tape they put it in the VCR then pressed play. Fast forwarding to the first day, they saw Ahmad wasn't even at work that whole day it was only Hazel, Marcus and Melissa and most of the time they sat around talked until customers came in.

Fast forwarding to the next date, Ahmad was at work but not once did he even make contact with Melissa. It showed her trying to push up on him and him declining her each time. It was one scene where he entered her office so Clarence made the video edit to where it switched to the camera in her station.

All it showed was Ahmad helping her fix something and when he tried to leave she stopped him by grabbing his hand. When he turned around she started stroking him through the sweats he wore until he pushed her way and stormed out of the office.

Melissa sat there scared shitless hating that her plan was crumbling because of the videos. When he got to the last date, it showed that the shop was closed and that was all Judge Jenkins needed to see.

"Need I say more?" Clarence asked as they all shook their heads at Melissa.

"Do you have anything to say Ms. Lewis?"

She was silent so Clarence decided to continue. "Fess up to the lies you have told! Admit that because Ahmad did not want you that you turned against him and made false accusations out of hatred and anger! Admit it." He taunted. "You were the one coming onto him and you can't lie because we have footage of it all ..I've watched that video front and backwards and saw no sign of assault or rape more so you assaulting him. In the second video you touched him without consent and its other times you have did the same thing and if you deny it we can easily pull up the videos." He smirked knowing he had her in a hot spot.

When she continued to stay silent he decided to continue. "But it doesn't stop there .. you were so angry he always rejected that you even took it another step to destroy his shop we have footage and your finger prints on broken items mad because you were fired, am I wrong or am I right Ms. Lewis?"

Sighing, her eyes began to burn as she looked around the courtroom. "You're right," She mumbled. "I lied, it was all me but all I ever wanted to do was love him but he never looked at me in that way." She cried.

"No further questions your honor."

Taking his seat next to Ahmad, they shook hands with bright smiles on their face. Taking a recess break to go over the new information they just gained, Ahmad took that time to mentally prepare himself for when it was time to go up there.

"You good baby?" Cali asked and he nodded.

"I'm good, one last hurdle." He sighed.

Looking over at Melissa's table, he saw her lawyer going off and he pretty much guessed about what he could be fussing about. He was hoping they threw her ass in jail for the stunt she tried to pull.

After fifteen minutes passed the jury and judge was entering the room retaking their seats. Kissing Cali on the lips, he turned back in his seat ready for whatever. Banging his gavel, he motioned for Ahmad to come up to the front.

Taking his seat the same guard walked over placing Ahmad's hand on the bible. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"Yes,"

Stepping away from him, the lawyer that was going against him for his murder case stepped up. Clarence rolled his eyes knowing this guy, he was the definition of a dick. But he knew Ahmad was strong enough to handle him.

Clearing his throat he pulled on his suit jacket smiling. "You killed your aunt with your bare hands.. hmm that takes some skills right? Maybe some practice even .. you sure this isn't your first rodeo?"

Ahmad mentally rolled his eyes. "Yes, I've never killed anybody before nor did I even plan on killing her."

The man nodded. "Here it says .. she used to molest you.. hmm?" Turning away from Ahmad he faced the jury. "Wouldn't that be a good reason to kill someone? To be molested and taunted for so long and holding back those emotions.. I'm sure after she'd touch you or do whatever you'd have thoughts of wanting to kill her .. just admit Ahmad since you were a little baby boy and all those times she mistreated you .. you wanted revenge .. you wanted to hurt her the way she hurt you but you couldn't do anything back then cause you were a kid but now you're grown and could actualy fight back so you took the chance you were given and killed her! Admit it!" He yelled causing Clarence to stand.

"Your honor he's taunting my client."

Banging his gavel he nodded. "Agreed, Lester get to your point."

"My point is when people kill its always for a reason, what was your reason Mr. Sinclair?"

Ahmad chest heaved up and down as his eyes burned from the tears that fell down his cheeks. "My inentions were never to kill her.. growing up I wanted to kill myself, I wanted to leave this Earth because I was tired of feeling the way I did .. I wasn't even expecting her to be at the barbeque .. she started fucking with me, making jokes about what she did to me, she took me back to those days where I couldn't stop her or save myself .. I felt worthless in front of everybody, I just wanted the sound of her sinister voice to stop .. I didn't want to kill her, I just wanted her to shut up talking, to stop making fun of something that has haunted me for years." He cried.

Judge Jenkins looked away as everyone in the courtroom listened silently to Ahmad break down about how he felt that day. Cali eyes watered along with his family including Derek and Hazel.

Hazel never knew he went through this but she now understood why he acted the way he did before. Wiping her eyes, she looked to the left of her to see Derek handing her a tissue. Taking it from him, she wiped her eyes as they turned their attention back to Ahmad.

"I am not a murderer, this isn't who I am." He pleaded.

"No further questions your honor." The lawyer said taking his seat.

When Clarence went to stand Judge Jenkins held his hand up. "I've heard enough, please be seated. Mr. Sinclair you may retake your seat."

Clarence frowned wondering why he was cutting it short when it was more they had to do. Rubbing his hand down his face, Ahmad closed his eyes tryna calm down. "You good man, just relax." Clarence coached rubbing his back as they sat and waited.

The judge and the jury had been dismissed so that let Clarence know the verdict was about to happen. Sighing, he fixed his papers up while Ahmad made small talk with his family.

"You did good baby," His mama told him. "He was just being a bully but you held your ground."

Sitting back in his seat, Ahmad said nothing all that was on his mind was what they were gon' do. After thirty minutes of waiting the judge and the jury finally returned.

Holding his hands together, he mentally prepared himself for whatever. He just hoped he walked away a free man.

Alisha walked inside their boutique to see Anaya waiting for her. Pushing her hair behind her ears, she walked over to her taking a seat not bothering to give her a hug or a warm greeting. "I'm glad you finally decided to meet up with me and talk .. I just want to start off by apologizing for what I said and did."

Alisha nodded, "I'm over it, you don't have to accept Shaun all that matters is if I do .. but I came to discuss something else."

Frowning at her new attitude, she nodded. "Oh um okay, what is it you want to talk about?"

"Well first I want to start off by telling you that I decided to branch off and start my own line of fashion but solo.."

Anaya frowned wondering where this was coming from. She was not liking this new Alisha. "Why? I thought you liked working with me? I thought this was something you enjoyed doing together."

"I do but I feel its time that I do my own thing, fashion isn't something you love doing and you don't take it as serious as I do .. and after what happened between us .. I feel its time we go our own separate ways for once."

"I like the way things are and I feel we should continue to work together."

Alisha rolled her eyes. "It's not always about what you want though, have you ever thought about how I feel? Can you get your head out of your ass for once and smell reality!"

"Is Shaun putting you up to this? Cause if you would've never got with him you wouldn't be acting this way."

"No this is something I've been wanting to do for a while. I'm trying to find myself and live for me for once. I hope you understand, I'll still help make pieces for the boutique but from a far." She explained.

"Are you happy?"

Alisha smiled, "Very happy, Shaun is literally everything and for once I can finally say I'm proud of myself."

Anaya nodded and smiled but on the inside she was fuming. She was so used to Alisha feeling less than of herself, but now she seemed happier, even happier than Anaya and Anaya wasn't liking this.

She liked when people around her went through things cause it made her seem like she was above and now that Alisha might be rising above her she was pissed.

She had to do something, she had to prove that Shaun wasn't everything he seemed to be. As her sister went onto explain more and more about the moves she was about to make, Anaya sat back and thought of her own moves she was about to make.

-

Thanks for the love & support
- Denise 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 529 8
Is daur-e-siyaasat ka itna sa fasana hai, basti bhi jalani hai maatam bhi manana hai !!πŸ–€ π–π‘πšπ­ 𝐰𝐒π₯π₯ 𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐒𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬...
292K 13.7K 49
Serenity P.o.v "Justin how could you ever do something so foul like that?" I asked him as I felt the burning sensation in my eyes. Here comes the wat...
310 25 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...