Broken Pieces | Derek Hale Bo...

By thehalediaries

In which two broken hearted werewolves find their way back to each other, after six years Emilia and Derek ar... More

Broken Pieces
EPIGRAPH
CAST
PART 2
editing!!
-1
- 2
- 3
-4
-5
-6
-8
-9
-10
-11
-12
-13
-14
-15
-16
-17
-18
-19
-20
-21
-22
-23
-24
-25
- 26
Take Me Home

-7

20.2K 481 86
By thehalediaries

Emilia sat on the balcony of her bedroom, wrapped in Derek's t-shirt as she leant against the bars ,watching the woods as the moon shone above it.

"What are you doing up?" Derek walked up behind Emilia, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Being back together again felt normal to Derek and Emilia, after last night Emilia almost forgot that they broke up in the first place. They were happy, they didn't need labels or confirmation to know that.

"Thinking." Emilia smiled, turning her body around so she was facing Derek.

"About?" Derek questioned, leaning his chin on Emilia's head as she rested her head against his chest.

"How i finally feel home."

Emilia truly did feel like she was back home again, and she knew she wouldn't unless she was with Derek. Derek was her home, he had been since the movement she kissed him eight years ago.

_

"Get in." Stiles opened the door to Derek's car, moving to the back next to Isaac as Derek ran in.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott questioned, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek groaned, leaning back into his seat.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles piped up, leaning forward to talk to Derek.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek complained.

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -" Stiles defended before Derek interrupted him.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek snapped, Stiles nodded as he moved back to his seat.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott sighed, continuing to concentrate on driving.

Isaac's eyes landed on Derek's phone as he pulled it out of his pocket, the only notifications were missed calls from Emilia. Emilia would always be mad when someone missed her call, now that she had no idea where Derek was and he wasn't picking up made her even more angry.

"Oh, you're in trouble." Isaac sang, recognising the caller id popping up on Derek's phone "Since when did you have a phone?"

"Can i not go into work for one day without having to deal with supernatural drama! Derek, you were supposed to stay in the house where i told you not to leave this morning, you know the one where the police have no idea where you are! Not running round the whole town causing a police chase!" Emilia shouted down the phone,  Derek pulled the phone further away from his ear as Emilia spoke loudly.

Stiles and Isaac leaned forward, listening into the conversation as Emilia was talking so loud.

"I had a lead on the alpha." Derek replied, still keeping the phone at a distance.

"Well did you get him?" Emilia questioned, her voice back to its regular tone.

"Almost." Derek started, getting interrupted before he could say anymore.

"I've got to go, go home Derek!" Emilia told the werewolf, hanging up before he could say goodbye.

"I swear, 80 percent of the time she's angry." Stiles mumbled, changing the topic as Derek and Isaac turned to glare at him "All right. How did you find him?"

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott sighed listening to Derek's silence, turning to face Isaac for help.

"Yeah, all of us. Or just them. I'll be back here." Stiles motioned to Scott and Isaac before moving away.

_

"Derek!" Emilia put her paperwork down as she rushed over to pull the werewolf into a hug, Emilia slammed his chest jokily looking up at him with a glare "What were you thinking! going after the alpha without me."

"I'm not putting you in danger." Derek stated, wrapping his arms around Emilia's waist as Emilia rolled her eyes looking back up to him.

Now that he and Emilia were on good terms, he didn't want to get her involved with too much of the problems. Derek wanted her safe.

"I'm not scared of a alpha." Emilia replied, glowing her golden eyes.

_

Emilia smiled putting the last ornament down on the shelf, picking up one of Derek's shirts as she moved over to her vanity.

"We've been here a week and your stuff is already scattered everywhere!" Emilia laughed, throwing one of Derek's t-shirts at him as she continued to decorate her room.

"You're the one that put me on house arrest." Derek pointed out, placing his hands on Emilia's waist as she walked over to him "Plus the more stuff i have here, the longer i can stay."

"Then you should probably get all of your things." Emilia leaned down, pressing her lips against his as Derek pulled her closer.

"Oh my god!" Derek and Emilia jumped away as the loud voice hit their ears, turning round to Melanie and Charlie's shocked faces.

"Pinch me, please say this isn't a dream." Charlie gasped, letting out a yelp as Melanie pinched him "Ouch, Mel!"

"Why are you two here?" Emilia sighed, sitting down on the bed next to Derek.

"Well, i came to have a chat about Derek again, but it looks like i don't need to." Melanie smirked.

"And the reason you're here?" Derek turned to Charlie who stood with a large smile on his face.

"Emilia left the office early so i thought i should come and bother her."

_

"Slow your roll, mister." Emilia started, walking over to Isaac as he stood in the middle of the hallway "What do you think you're doing here?"

"I live here." Isaac replied, turning round to face his mother.

"You're supposed to be at school." Emilia pointed out, crossing her arms over her chest.

"After the whole car chase fiasco, I'm kinda tired." Isaac pretended to yawn, leaning against the banister on the stairs.

"Hmm i bet, sitting in the backseat must be so tiering." Emilia replied jokingly, urging Isaac to tell her the truth.

"Okay, maybe i just wanted to stay at home for the day." Isaac admitted.

"Isaac." Emilia sighed disapprovingly, looking up to him pulling puppy eyes "Fine, but you have to do something useful."

"You mean help you find the alpha?" Isaac asked hopefully, watching her pull on her coat.

"No, i mean building furniture for me." Emilia pointed over to the boxes in the living room with her car key, "There's no chance I'm letting you get involved with anything else to do with the alpha."

_

"I know. It keeps me awake at night. Anyway, about that text."

Emilia walked up the stairs of the Stilinski house, laughing as she passed embarrassing photos of younger Stiles.

"Stiles! None of these fit." Emilia looked up at Derek in surprise as she walked into the room, laughing to herself as Derek stood trying to find a shirt.

"I'll need the ISP, the phone number, and the exact time of the text. what's Isaac's mom doing here?" Stiles looked around in confusion trying to spot Emilia, jumping as he stumbled back into her.

"Oh my!" Stiles exclaimed, backing away over to Danny.

Like usual Stiles found himself getting scared by the Bennett, completely forgetting he asked her to come get Derek.

"I'm here for D-" Emilia started, trying not to laugh at Derek's unamused expressions as he stood trying to find a shirt.

"Miguel, she's here to take Miguel home. Aren't you Emmy?" Stiles interrupted her, giving her a glare to make sure she plays along.

Emilia nodded, following Derek to look at the computer.

"There. The text was sent from a computer. This one." Danny pointed to the name on the computer screen.

"Registered to that account name?" Derek questioned in confusion, looking over to Emilia to see if she knew anything.

"No, no, no, no. That can't be right."  Emilia shook her head, reading the name over and over again.

Melissa McCall.

_

"You're not gonna make it." Derek pointed out, turning his body round so he was facing the back of the car where Isaac and Emilia sat.

"I know." Stiles mumbled, looking out the windshield.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either." Isaac added, earning a nudge from Emilia.

"Not till we find out the truth." Emilia told the blonde, turning to the front of the car as Derek glared at Stiles.

Emilia had no idea why it said the message came from her moms phone, and she didn't really want to find out.

"By the way, one more thing." Derek smirked, slamming Stiles' head against the steering wheel.

"Oh, God! What the hell was -" Stiles groaned, his hand flying to reach his head.

"You know what that was for. Go. Go!" Derek motioned for the two boys to get out of the car, Emilia walked out with them before taking Stiles' place in the drivers seat.

_

"Yeah, I said I can't find her." Stiles spoke into the phone, Emilia held her phone out for Derek to speak through.

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle." Derek instructed leaning forward in his seat, leaning one hand on the dashboard and the other on Emilia's thigh.

"Yeah, well, he's not here either." Isaac chimed in, Emilia turned to Derek in confusion and worry.

"What?" Derek questioned holding the same expression as Emilia, the both of them thinking the same thing.

After discovering her scars had heeled, Derek and Emilia had wondered what if the same had happened to Peter.

"He's not here. He's gone." Stiles explained.

"Boys, get out of there right now - it's him!" Emilia exclaimed, pushing open the doors to the jeep.

"He's the Alpha! Get out!" Derek warned as the same time as Emilia, the two of them running towards the building side by side.

"You must be Stiles. Isaac look at you, all grown up." Peter smirked walking forward, wanting to laugh at the boys scared faces.

"What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over." Jennifer walked to Peter's side.

"You - and him. You're - you're the one who - Oh, my - and he's - Oh, my God, I'm gonna die." Stiles ranted backing away from Peter, Isaac stood still staring at the Hale in shock.

Emilia and Derek ran into the room, her pace slowing down as they processed that Peter had actually survived. Emilia didn't know how to feel about Peter, this is the Peter that tried to save her life, but its also the Peter that killed Laura. Derek moved towards Jennifer as Emilia made her way over to the boys, Knocking out Jennifer as soon as he reached her.

"That's not nice. She's my nurse." Peter pointed out, almost emotionless.

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Get out of the way." Derek shoved past Stiles, making his way over to his uncle.

"Oh, damn." Stiles squeaked, himself and Isaac backing away as Emilia grabbed their arms.

"Get out of here!" Emilia dragged them towards the exit, giving them a warning glare.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family? My mind, my personality were literally burned out of me. I was being driven by pure instinct." Peter started, smiling at Emilia as she walked over.

Peter would always have a soft spot for Emilia, after everything she did for him at the fire he was eternally grateful.

"You want forgiveness?" Derek questioned holding onto Emilia's hand, Emilia stared up at Peter trying to block out all the memories from the fire.

"I want understanding. Do you have any idea what it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness. I'm sure Emilia understands, don't you Emilia." Emilia looked down, not wanting Peter not notice her emotions "Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that. I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you."

"I was going to wait, for dramatic flair - but - When you look this good, why wait? Derek, Emilia , you have to give me a chance to explain. After all, we're family." Peter stated, smirking at the two werewolves.

To Peter, Emilia was family, he knew she and Derek would get married sooner or later and Isaac was a Hale - making Emilia family too.

"Danny? What the hell - Thank God! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" Scott questioned in relief, noticing Emilia and Derek walk into the locker room.

"I really don't get Lacrosse." Peter looked up, holding onto one of the lacrosse sticks.

"It was you -" Scott started in shock, staring at the werewolves in front of him in confusion.

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that Lacrosse comes from native Americans tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict. I have that right? Hm. I have l little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott. But I need your help to do it." Peter proposed, walking forward to stand next to Derek and Emilia.

"I'm not helping you kill people."

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include -" Peter started, turning to Derek.

"Allison." Derek finished for him.

Emilia knew that all of this was wrong, but she and Derek had their own plan. Emilia hated lying to Scott, but it was the best thing for everyone.

"You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister? Or when he almost killed Emilia?" Scott questioned angrily, putting the pieces together.

"It was a mistake." Derek looked down to Emilia as he held her hand, trying to make it believable for Scott to see they were on Peter's side.

"Peter wouldn't hurt me if he had the choice." Emilia added, "these things happen."

"What?" Scott stared at his sister in disbelief.

"Scott,  I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your full potential." Peter explained, walking over to the teen wolf.

"By killing my friends." Scott backed away, glaring at the werewolves in front of him.

"Sometimes the people closest to you, can be the ones holding you back the most." Peter stated intimidatingly, Scott stood tall against the alpha.

"If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you, I'm okay with that."

"Maybe, you could try and see things from my, our, perspective." Peter motioned to himself and Emilia, glowing his eyes at Scott.

_

"Holy-" Lincoln trailed off, holding onto the door to his apartment as he started at the werewolves in front of him in shock.

Emilia and Derek had no intentions of taking care of Peter, they figured the best person to watch over him would be the only other alpha in Beacon Hills.

"Dad, you're on babysitting duty." Emilia grinned, shoving Peter towards her dad.

"Peter?" Lincoln questioned in surprise.

Last time he checked, Peter was in a coma. So seeing him stood at his door was a big surprise for the Bennett.

"Back from the lands of the unconscious, i too am surprised." Peter joked, waiting for Lincoln to snap back to reality. 

"Have fun." Derek smiled, holding onto Emilia's hand as they walked away leaving Peter on Lincoln's doorstep "You wanna bet they'll beat each other up in the first hour?"

_

"Are you sure were doing the right thing?" Emilia questioned as she and Derek walked through the house, throwing her jacket onto the side of the sofa.

"This is the best thing for all of us." Derek replied, picking up the note attached to the coffee table.

"Isaac?" Emilia called out, listening in for his heartbeat as she turned to face Derek, taking the note from him.

staying at Scott's

Isaac stayed with Emilia's family a few times a week, Emilia knew Isaac was there this time to defend his parents after what happened with Scott.

"Why do i have the feeling he's convincing Scott we're not evil." Emilia joked putting the note back onto the table, sitting down on the sofa next to Derek.

"Because thats more than likely what he's doing." Derek replied, wrapping his arm over her shoulder as Emilia snuggled into his chest.

_

Emilia rolled on her side, slowly waking up as she listened into Derek getting up.

"Where are you going?" Emilia questioned quietly, sitting up slightly.

Derek turned around as he pulled his shirt over his head, walking back over to sit on the bed as Emilia lied back down.

"To go deal with that Jackson kid." Derek replied, leaning against the headboard.

"Do you have to go?" Emilia pouted, wrapping her arms back around Derek.

"I really want to say here with you, but i have to go do this." Derek sighed, kissing Emilia's forehead before standing up.

_

"Let's start with the basics. You know how every family has its secrets? Ours is a little different. Aren't they beautiful?" Kate shined the light on Derek, smirking as Allison stared at the werewolf in shock.

Derek growled at the hunter, pulling on the chains, being with Kate is the last place he wanted to be right now.

_

hey guys,

Anyone shipping Mel and Charlie? or do we still have all love for Camden and Mel... Im thinking of giving Charlie a love interest later on in season 2, one of the options is Melanie.

hope you enjoyed!

- Ebony

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 434 90
When Rachel and Steve meet through Steve's experience of waking in a different century, they get to know each other. And when they reconnect due to L...
1.5M 51.2K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
440K 9.1K 70
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 when the McCall twins are thrown into the supernatural world? 𝘉𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴... {Based on MTV's Teen Wolf 'season 1'} ...
8.7K 190 16
Katherine „Kitty" Benjamin has never liked pilots. They were presuming, annoying and unfaithful. She didn't have to look far for example. Her mother...