Rise Against (Book II)

By thevelvetrose

*Going to edit* (Part of the New Beginning series.. Book 2) (Sequel to Horrifying New Start) After everythin... More

Chapter One - Welcome Back
Chapter Two - Greetings
Chapter Three - Family
Chapter Four - Goodbyes
Chapter Five - A Hero
Chapter Six - Reality
Chapter Seven - Scars
Chapter Eight - Reunions
Chapter Nine - Hot and Cold
Chapter Ten - Temptations
Chapter Eleven - Reality
Chapter Twelve - Dangerous Waters
Chapter Thirteen - Advantage
Chapter Fourteen - Stories
Chapter Fifteen - Unfortunate Circumstances
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {16}
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {17}
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {18}
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {20}
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {21}
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {22}
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {23}
Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {24}

Rise Against (Sequel to HNS) {19}

7.5K 137 12
By thevelvetrose

Recap:

"I need to save someone"

He sighed. Then grabbed my arm and we both went out the door. I felt his emotions. I didn't need to look into his eyes. His touch was enough.

But I couldn't read his mind or anything. I just felt what he felt.

I am different. The old Sam would have slapped the smirk off his face. But the new Sam realized she misses him and Zack. She didn't know what she had till it was gone.

I now have a second chance.

I had no idea where to go, nor who to save. But I will find them.

.....................................................................................................................

I ran ahead of Jack, but he kept a firm grip on my arm. I was wondering why I couldn't read into him.

"How come I cant see your thoughts or anything?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I blocked you"

"How?"

"Force"

I tried. Of course I had no idea if it would work. As we walked I watched his face. Trying to block him. I want to be private.

Then he frowned. He seemed upset.

"Ha! I did it didn't I?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. Obviously yes.

We were outside then. I was running blind nearly. Where do I go? Then the angel appeared in front of me again.

"Hello Sam" She smiled.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Who are you talking about?" Jack asked.

"The angel. She is in front of me. Cant you see her?" I asked.

"He cant see you" She smiled like she was happy about it. "Although I can see him.. WOW! He is a looker isn't he?" She appeared beside him. Looking all around him.

"Are you sure you're an angel?" I asked.

"Samantha. Are you okay?" Jack asked. His hand touching my cheek so he could see me.

"Please just believe me. Okay?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded.

"My name is Noel. And you have 30 minutes to find and save a person"

"Tell me who to save!" I shouted.

She was gone. Just like that. I just started running. Jack was right behind me. I definitely ran faster. Double the speed maybe.

"Samantha! Take a break!" Jack shouted. Then grabbed my arm and pulled me to the ground.

"Someone" I panted. "Might die!"

"Shh.. Calm down. I think your too tired right now" He sat next to me and brushed my hair from my face.

"No. She said I will save someone"

I laid down on the grass under the trees. Jack laid next to me. His hand touching mine lightly.

"Could you read me when I was human?" I asked.

"Nope"

I nodded. Must only be between two Twiads. I looked over at Jack. His eyes were on mine.

Everything felt different. I was lost in his eyes. Every muscle in my body told me to look away. Wanted to move. But I didn't. he just leaned closer.

Then his lips touched mine. I tried to pull away. Well not really. My mind tried to.

Then something clicked. 7:54pm.

Jack's hand slid on the back of my neck. Then I just shoved away.

"What time is it?" I demanded.

"Your eyes look nice purple" He smiled.

I looked away. How could I tell?

"What time Jack?"

"7:52pm"

I started running. I could hear him leap off the ground and chase after me.

I looked around for the person.

"Make a right turn" I heard Noel whisper.

I ran in the direction and saw a man standing in the woods. Then a branch broke.

"Look out!" I shouted. Then tackled the man. The branch landed where he was standing.

"Thank you" He smiled.

"Your welcome" I breathed.

Jack helped me up.

"Look at that. 7:54pm" Jack said. We started walking back where we came from.

"Good job Samantha" Noel stood in front of me.

"Thank you Noel" I nodded.

Jack was about to say something. Then closed his mouth.

"One problem" She frowned.

"What?" I demanded.

"Wrong person. Your probably too late now" She disappeared.

"Crap!" I shouted. Then started running around like a maniac.

Jack grabbed my right hand and ran with me.

"He is by the river" Noel whispered from no where.

I ran where I heard water. Then searched.

"Jack. She said he is by the water! Search!" I demanded.

He reluctantly let go of my hand and ran around. He trusted me pretty well. Considering I heard this from an angel he cant see.

I saw someone. Laying down as if sleeping. I ran over there and cried.

"Jack!" I cried. "Jack!"

He was by my side.

"Zack! Wake up! Come on!" I shouted. Shaking Zack.

"He hasn't eaten in days" Noel whispered.

"We need to carry him back to the building and give him some food!" I told Jack. Wiping a tear from my eyes.

Jack threw Zack over his shoulder without effort. Then we both started running again.

I was wiping tears away. Hoping I wasn't too late.

We busted through the doors and Jack ran into a random room.

He laid Zack on the bed and I laid next to him. Jack went and got food.

"Zack. Wake up. Come on" I shook him lightly.

"Am I dead?" He whispered. His voice rough and mumbled.

"No"

"You are. So I must be too"

"Jack! Hurry up!" I screamed.

"Jack dead too?"

"No honey. I'm alive. See?" I put his hand to my face.

"I love you Sam"

"I love you too Zacky" I kissed the palm of his hand.

Jack came in a few minutes later with what looked like milk and oatmeal. I grabbed it and fed Zack. He didn't swallow at first till I told him he should.

He finished it off and dozed off. I was worried but Jack assured me he was just sleeping.

I curled up next to Zack exhausted.

I opened my eyes and saw Zack. Looking at me smiling. He brushed the hair from my face.

"How long have I been out for?" I asked.

"Hmm... 24 hours?" He told me.

What? It felt like I just took a nap. He looked so much better. He smiled showing his white perfect teeth.

"I'm guessing your wondering how I'm alive?" I asked.

"Jack filled me in on the main stuff" He smiled. Then kissed my forehead.

"I missed you"

"I missed you more"

I rolled my eyes. He had changed his outfit obviously. He is wearing a long white sleeved button down shirt with dark cargo shorts.

I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest.

"So.. What do you think of being a Twiad?" He asked.

"It has some goods. Some bad"

"What are the pros and cons?"

"Pros. I'm a stronger me. Cons, I cant hide my emotions. Or thoughts sometimes"

He chuckled.

"I fixed you some food. I had a feeling you would be waking up soon"

He got up and I followed.

"Zack"

He turned around and I got on my tip toes and kissed him softly on his lips. I felt the connection with him.

His eyes were purple. I wondered what mine were?

I felt guilty. Horribly guilty. I was torturing Jack. He wasn't even here. I was messing with him. wasn't I?

The kiss yesterday with Jack didn't mean anything. I hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 3.1K 27
*Going to edit* (Part of the New beginning series.. book 3) Samantha has been through more than any human can take. Thankfully she isn't human anymor...
38.4K 2.2K 7
"You better stay away from me, little human. You don't know what I'm capable of." I laugh in his face. "I've got you wrapped around my finger, big bo...
24.8K 1.5K 34
Book 1 || Soul Bound series || When Eva Greene is mortally wounded and has to take shelter in a cave during a storm, Arkon, an old and reclusive drag...
464K 23.1K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...