Another High School Romance

By dontevennnn

Jules Henderson and Brandon Glow. Everyone can see it. They may act like archenemies but all of Shanport High... More

Another High School Romance
Day One
Scary As Hell
Beautiful Nightmare
Double Date, Double Trouble.
Pink Elephants
"Yes."
Afraid to Love

"Promise you won't fall for me."

2.6K 76 15
By dontevennnn

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jules' House

"Do you ever not work out?" asked Jules from her bed watching her best best friend do push-ups.

"It's my late night." replied Heather puffing out air.

Jules shook her head and looked back at her phone screen.

She hadn't heard from Brandon at all since school. Weird.

"Ok. Whoo, done!"

"Yay, good, woohoo. Can we watch a movie now?"

"You mean homework right?"

"My god. You are not fun."

"It's fun to get good grades, J."

chirp

Jules quickly grabbed her phone.

Brandon

8:21: douche.

Jules

8:21: you.

"I seriously don't understand why you two aren't dating yet." said Heather stepping into the shower.

"Why would we be?"

"Everyone wants you guys to."

"Like who?"

"Didn't you hear me? I said everyone."

"I don't believe that."

"Yeah, because you're too busy starting trouble with Brandon."

"Does-does he know that?" asked Jules biting her lip.

"I don't know. Ask him."

chirp

Brandon

8:25: ?

Jules

8:25: already answered.

Brandon

8:25: I didnt get anythin.

Jules

8:26: oh.

Brandon

8:26: ...

Jules was distracted from her phone once she heard Heather.

"AND IIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUU!" came from inside the shower.

She laughed softly and looked back at her phone.

Brandon

8:28: hey jules..

Jules

8:28: what

Brandon

8:28: has heather told u bout everyone at school shipping us?

Jules

8:29: ya. 5 min ago actlly.

Brandon

8:29: oh.

Jules

8:30: why

Brandon

8:30: idk. Jase told me at practice eariler.

Jules

8:30: hm.

Jules looked up from her phone again and saw Heather tying her hair up into a ponytail. She walked out of the bathroom and plopped herself on Jules' bed.

Chirp

Brandon

8:35: ya. Psh. Ur too ugly for me anyways.

Jules

8:35: say one more thing i'll rip your appendix out.

"Dude, Hunter thinks he's so badass after that prank."

"Kinda is. He convinced me."

"Yeah, I know. But I'm sure Brandon could pull one even better."

"Oh?"

"Jase always says that when they were growing up they used to pull the best pranks."

"Yeah well-" Jules rolled her eyes. She hated not being able to compete with Brandon on something.

"Well what?" asked Heather rolling over on her stomach.

"I could pull one better than Brandon."

"HA!"

Jules glared at Heather with a flick on her shoulder. "I'm serious."

"I'd wanna see you two try to pull one off together. Wait no I take that back. It'd be the death of you both trying to cooperate."

"Dude that's it!" said Jules throwing her phone to the side.

"What's it?" asked Heather confused.

"Me and Brandon are gonna pull the biggest prank on Shanport High yet."

"Whoa whoa whoa. How are you gonna do this?"

"You said everyone wants us to be together right? Well we're gonna walk into school tomorrow acting like the most lovey dovey high school couple that you only see in the books and movies."

"Uh-"

"Then at the homecoming game, we'll announce it over the speakers." Jules face fell into a unusual creepy smile. "It'll be perfect. In Hunter's face."

Heather laughed and rubbed her hands together. "I would usually completely turn this idea down, but now I'm more than curious to see the looks on everyone's faces when you guys walk into the halls tomorrow. Especially Principal Gregoire."

Jules laughed and picked up her phone.

Brandon

8:38: ok.

Jules 8:53: I have a plan for a prank. Call me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Brandon's House

"She wants me to call her..." said Brandon confused as he turned to Jason next to him on the couch.

"Do it then."

"I'm not dumb, J."

"What's the worse it could be? If you don't like the prank idea, just argue it out like you guys always do."

"I guess-" said Brandon as he dialed her number into the keypad.

"Wait why the hell have I memorized her number? Why is my heart beating so fast again?"

"Hello?"

"What's your idea?"

Brandon could hear the uncontrollable laughs coming from over the phone from what he guessed must be Heather.

"Shut up! I'm trying to talk!"

"Can you hurry up please?"

"Tell Jase he needs to control his girl."

"I literally told him that today."

"Yeah."

"So?"

"Yeah okay. So me and you are gonna pull the biggest prank on Shanport High ever."

"How may I ask?"

"Heather, shut UP! Okay we're gonna walk into school tomorrow being the next big time couple."

Brandon coughed and started choking on his own spit.

What did she just say?

"Brandon?"

"Y-yeah?"

He coughed even more and drank from his cup of water.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah."

"So are you in?"

"How is this gonna be a prank?"

"We argue in front of everyone at school yet everyone wants us to get married and have babies-"

"Um. Ew."

"Exactly! We walk into school like Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler-"

"Who?"

"From High School Musical?"

"Are you gay? You've watched those movies?"

Jason shook his head and yelled into Brandon's phone. "He's seen them all, Jules! Don't believe his crap!"

"Yeah. Thought so!" said Jules after a quiet laugh.

"Whatever. You still haven't answered my question."

"We'll announce that we're not really a couple at the homecoming game. Everyone will freak."

"I don't know..."

"Brandon, please! This is the only time I'll ever ask for your help on something!"

"Okay okay. But on one condition."

"What's that?"

"Promise you won't fall for me."

Jules coughed.

"Trust me, that won't be hard."

Brandon half-smiled and looked at Jason who was trying to contain his laughter.

"Ok, I'm in."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97K 2.3K 72
"We fake date each other for two or three weeks then we have a public breakup." I think he's hit his head one too many times playing football. "Reall...
74K 2.4K 17
High school is over, the guys have all went their separate ways, but still keep in contact with each other. Noah and Addison are making it work long...
680K 13.6K 5
It’s practically a proven fact that most teenagers go through their first heartbreak in high school. Marco and Peyton have one thing in common; they’...
48.2M 2.5M 68
|| Available in book stores!! || watty award 2017 winner! || Becca's life takes a thrilling turn when she pretends to date Brett Wells, the most pop...