Hateful Love

Bởi marissa-lynn

Cassie Jackson is in her sixth year of Hogwarts, and is proud to be a Ravenclaw. Plus, she's in the same year... Xem Thêm

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve

191K 5K 13.9K
Bởi marissa-lynn

NOTE: I do not own any of the ideas or characters expressed in this story (except Cassie Jackson). All of these belong to J.K. Rowling.

~*~

Cassie P.O.V.

        It’s Friday today, and I’m feeling relieved that classes are over for this week. Malfoy sent me an owl earlier this morning, telling me that he could tutor me later in the afternoon.

          He helps me study for a little over two hours, to prepare for an upcoming Potions exam that I’m seriously dreading. Once we finish, I pack up my bag and turn to Malfoy to say goodbye.

          “Actually,” he smirks, “I’m going too. I have to talk to Trelawney about her stupid essay…”

          “Okay,” I laugh and exit the Room of Requirement with Malfoy close behind. This is the first time Malfoy and I have left together, and at first I’m worried people will notice. But no one even gives us a glance as we turn into the only slightly crowded hallway, making me feel very relieved.

          We don’t talk as we climb the stairs up towards the Ravenclaw common room, which happens to be near the Divination classroom. I’m just thinking that we might actually make it without being noticed when I see Matt leaning up against a pillar about ten feet away, staring at us.

          Fuck, I think, my mood crashing instantly. How could I have been so stupid as to walk with Malfoy? It didn’t even cross my mind that Matt would see us. I look around frantically for some way to avoid him, but he’s standing in the hallway we need to pass through. Unfortunately, the hallway is nearly empty on this side of the school, so there’s no cover. Malfoy hasn’t even noticed what’s going on, but I’m silently freaking out.

          As we get closer to Matt, I calm myself down a bit by the thought that he probably won’t even say anything to me. Matt’s been ignoring me since before break, so why should he stop now, right? Wrong.

          We’re just passing him when I hear Matt say quietly, almost deadly, “What the hell are you playing at, Cassie?”

          My legs turn to jelly, but I force myself to have an emotionless face as I turn to face him. I see, out of the corner of my eye, Malfoy slowing down beside me, debating whether or not to keep walking. Apparently, his curiosity gets the better of him, and he stands slightly behind me.

          “You ignore me for two weeks,” I say, surprising even myself at how calm I sound, “and now you decide to talk to me?”

          Malfoy’s starting to look uncomfortable, then says quietly, “Um, maybe I should—“

          “I’ve seen it, Cassie,” Matt interrupts, staring at me unblinkingly.

          “Seen what?” I ask, actually wondering what the hell he’s talking about.

          “His Dark Mark.”

          There’s silence for a second, and I feel Malfoy tense up beside me. I blink several times, hoping this is just a dream, that this isn’t happening right now. My hands feel sweaty as I reply shakily, “Matt, stop it. Malfoy does not have—“

          “I saw it!” Matt yells suddenly, uncrossing his arms and stepping closer in anger. His face looks slightly red as he points to Malfoy, “I saw the Dark Mark on his arm. He’s a Death Eater, Cassie.”

          I take a step away despite my desire to stay strong, and I’m starting lose whatever confidence I had earlier. “You’re wrong. He can’t—“

          “In the bathroom, I saw it,” Matt says, lowering his voice dangerously. “He was washing his hands, and I saw it.”

        I have to bite my lip to keep from crying as I yell, “He’s not! Draco’s not a Death Eater!”

          It takes me a moment to realize my mistake. Matt’s looking at me with shock plastered on his face, and I can’t even see Malfoy anymore.

          “Oh my god,” Matt says quietly, his voice shaking slightly. “I can’t believe you, Cassie. I thought you were smarter than this.”

          I back away even farther, wanting more than anything to be away from Matt’s glares and accusations. I take another step back and bump into Malfoy, and I feel him gently take my arm, keeping me from falling.

          Matt stares at us, then says almost sadly, “Cassie, you have to listen to me. He’s a Death Eater, he’s working for You-Know-Who!”

         I open my mouth to say some sort of retort, but before I can say anything, Malfoy snaps, “Shut up.”

          No one says anything for a moment, and I’m surprised Malfoy’s even still here. He lets go of my arm and takes a step toward Matt, saying quietly, “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

          “Actually I do,” Matt says, quickly getting over his shock. “You’re a fucking Death Eater, what more do I need to know?”

          “Shut up,” Malfoy repeats threateningly.

          I glance back and forth between the two of them, so terrified that my heart is thumping painfully against my ribs. Unsure of what to do, I step between them carefully and say, “Matt, just stop. You’re being completely ridiculous.”

          “Am I?” Matt says coldly to me. “Okay, then have him show you his left arm. You’ll see—“

          It happens so fast, there’s absolutely nothing I can do. Malfoy reaches past me and punches Matt square in the jaw, sending him flying to the side. I stare down in shock as Matt hits the ground, Malfoy standing beside me and breathing heavily in anger.

          Matt glares up at Malfoy, wiping at the blood trickling from his split lip. I feel like throwing up as he turns to me, and I see the pure hatred in his eyes. I know that no matter what I say or do, Matt will never forgive me.

          Slowly, Malfoy takes my arm and gently pulls me away. The tears finally spill over as I blindly follow him. Malfoy walks faster and faster until we’re both running. I wipe frantically at my eyes, telling myself over and over there’s nothing to cry over, that I haven’t done anything wrong. When I open my eyes again, Malfoy’s slowing down and pulling me behind a small statue in a deserted hallway. It’s dark out now, so the glow of the torches illuminates his face as he leans closer to me.

          “Are you okay?” he whispers, looking into my eyes. He still hasn’t let go of my arm, but I don’t notice at all.

          I sniffle quietly then choke out, “No. No, I’m really not.”

          Before I even know what’s happening, Malfoy’s pulled me against his chest and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

          I blink in confusion, letting a small gasp escape as he envelops me into a hug I never thought he was capable of. I’m too shocked to return the embrace, yet I can’t help but pick up on the scent of his skin. It reminds me of…rain.

          This snaps me back into reality, and I pull away suddenly. He doesn’t let go of my shoulders.

          “I—I have to ask you something,” I stammer quietly. I look down at the floor and feel almost embarrassed as I ask, “Are you…a Death Eater?”

         He doesn’t say anything for a moment, and I refuse to look at his face to see his reaction. Feeling guilty, I quickly stammer, “I mean—I know you’re not, I just—“

          Before I can finish, Malfoy tilts my head toward him with his hand and leans down. The last thing I think is, His breath smells like spearmint, before his lips claim mine.

          For a moment, I’m too stunned to even react. But before I know it, or even realize it, I’m kissing him back. My mind seems to completely go blank, and I wind my arms around him, pulling him closer.

          His tongue is just finding its way into my mouth when I realize what I’m doing. My eyes fly open and I quickly pull away, breathing heavily. Malfoy stares down at me, looking almost as confused as I am. I push him away from me and force out, “I—I can’t do this.”

Then I turn on my heel and run as fast I possibly can.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

718K 22.3K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
70.3K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
78 0 7
For Hunter Allen, she was always seen as an outsider. In a family with five boys and a single dad she was always the odd one out. After her mother's...
1.9M 38.2K 58
"I strongly dislike you, Draco Malfoy." Evangeline Hastings is transferring from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts for her sixth year of school. While struggl...