Frozen Heart

By TeeNice

First Book of The Heart Series: The Frozen Heart She pulled back her power and saw the Alpha walking towards... More

Frozen Heart
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
EXTRA CHAPTER I
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 1)
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 2)
Book II: Precious Heart

Chapter 27

1.5K 56 1
By TeeNice

THE VISIONS

Everyone looked at Solomon after asking why Padruig is here.

Padruig laughed heartedly seeing Solomon confused look. "Young man, there are many things that you still don't about this pack." Solomon frowned earning another laughed from Padruig, "I can see he hasn't undergone acceptance yet" Padruig turn to Paige, "Even though you already completed the mating."

"Acceptance?" Solomon asked looking at Paige then to Padruig.

"You will become part of the Crescent pack, it is very important you know this things." Padruig said hardly answering the question. "Crescent pack is blessed by the Moon goddess. They bear the silver eyes like the shining full moon in the night. Crescent has laws that much more different from the other packs and Crescent has many alliances with other races other than the other packs."

"And one of its many alliance is with the Edom Coven" Padruig continue. "But we are not allowed to interfere with the affairs of the Crescent pack like this one." He was pertaining about Prius. "We are only allowed if it involved our race. Now the only thing we can do is to give information and help the pack to train." It was one of the conditions to avoid any conflict to other race. "So I am here to tell you about Kismet" he said meeting the twin's eyes speaking in his native tongue that only the twins can understand.

Payne looked at Alena then kisses her in the temple before whispering something quietly in her ears that no one can hear it.

Alena look at Payne after he whispered to her before nodding.

Paige glances at Raim.

Raim nodded then went to Solomon. "Sir, we need you in the training ground."

Solomon was about to protest but Paige gently squeeze his hand stopping him, he looked at Paige and she smiled at him before saying go. Solomon stared at her for a minute and then nodded decided to follow Raim to the training ground.

Alena also stood up, "please follow me I'll lead to you to your rooms." She said to the other two vampires.

One of the vampire looked at Padruig and bow, "Please excuse us sire" Padruig nodded and the two vampires followed Alena to their rooms.

When the door closes, Paige asked, "What about his vision?" she was still staring at the door sensing if someone is there to eavesdrop. She sighed and turns her body toward Padruig when she heard nothing from the other side of the door.

+++

Prius was standing at the window looking at the clouds shattered by the wind in the sky but it didn't cover the sun. He smiled thinking this is the right time to surprise them. He knows Paige hates the light of the sun and Payne is still recovering from his long slumber.

Sun is the source of the sorcerers' power, and when the sun is in its highest peak, the more powerful the sorcerer is.

He went to the bed and seated at the end of it. He gently caresses the cheek of the woman who was lying still in the bed.

"We will be together again." he said even though the woman can't hear him. "And this time no one can take you away from me" He bows his head to kiss the forehead of the woman. The kiss was fast after his lips felt the cold skin of the woman.

He stood up and went to the door but before he opens it he took one last glance at the woman and then looked at the men waiting outside the room. "Be careful of carrying her" he said, "If you don't want to be the blood sacrifice for my power"

"Yes my lord" the men said and went inside the room.

Werewolves are easy to manipulate because they easily show their emotion to other. Rouges are the easiest ones. There are only few who have a strong mentality that he knows.

Everything was according to his plans. In a few moments, he will finally be with that woman who was lying in that bed for almost seventeen years.

+++

"Kismet is now part of the Edom coven" Padruig said.

"You mean the self-proclaim loner decided to join a family?" Payne lifted his eyebrow.

Padruig laughed. "Yeah, I was really surprise when he went to my house and asked if he can join the coven."

"Of all the family he can join, he really chooses the vampire coven" Payne said, "what's on his mind?"

"He was probably thinking that joining a vampire coven is the best choice, he is an immortal seer after all." Paige said crossing her arms in her chest. "The old man needs to find a new seer so he can finally rest"

Kismet is older than Padruig but he looks like twenty years old and no one known about his origin. All that they know is he can see visions of the future. Unlike Padruig who is also an immortal but vampire's body undergoes aging process but it is in slow phase – slower than the shifter that's why humans mistakenly thought that they don't age at all.

Padruig sighed. "He joins because he wanted to confirm about..." the twins stared at him, "...the future of the sun and the moon"

The twins looked at each moving their heads slightly. Kismet always calls them the sun and the moon, the two opposite star because they were born to be completely opposite to each other.

"We already know that the two of you will always be opposite to each other in any aspects." Padruig said, "And one of you will die young while the other will live longer"

The twins nodded, they already know about it when they accidentally heard the conversation of their parents and Kismet but the old man didn't mention who will die young and who will live longer.

"We already know about that." Payne said, "Did he saw something about that?" he was nervous about what will be his and his twin sister's future.

"The decision will depend to her" Padruig said looking at Payne.

Paige also turn her twin brother knowing who is this 'her' Padruig is talking about.

"It will depend if she chooses to betray the blood or betray the bond" Padruig continues.

Payne looked down as he closes his hands into fist in his knees trying to controls his emotion – trying to keep his face void but it was not his expertise to hide emotion, it was Paige who was good at hiding emotion.

Paige put her hand on his fist trying to comfort her brother. She smiled lightly when she saw the corner of his mouth curl up giving her sense of assurance that he is okay.

"I know you are aware of it" Padruig said, "She will always answer to him, her blood will always answer to him"

"She's strong" Payne said then he lifted his head to look at Padruig. "I have faith in her"

Padruig smiled, "I hope you are right" he stood up and went to the windows, "I hope she is strong enough to fight the call" he slowly slide the curtain to the side letting the sun rays to enter the room.

Paige watch Padruig closes his eyes feeling the sun heat touches his pale white skin. Humans are right about one thing, the sun burns vampires. But the sun didn't burn Padruig because the mansion itself is enchanted – because of Lucille's protective power is forever embedded to the mansion.

"And what if she successfully fights off the call?" Paige asked.

Padruig stood there still enjoying the heat of the sun. He lives in the northern continent where cold mountains surrounded his territory to hide them from the sun. This is the only chance he can feel the heat without burning. "The future of the sun and the moon will change" he answered still his eyes were close. "No one will die"

+++

Solomon was in the training ground together with the Crescent Pack's sentinels. He was standing near the mansion as he watches them train in hand to hand combat while the other was in their wolf form.

He was trying to reach Paige through their bond – trying to read what's on her mind but he saw nothing; she was blocking him. He was curious. He knew Paige's didn't want to hear what the conversation all about.

But they are mates. They already completed the mating ritual, so they should share about everything after all they are one.

It feels like Paige still doesn't trust him about everything.

And what's this 'acceptance' Padruig was talking about. Is it a Crescent Pack law? Paige already accepted him. He was bearing Paige's mark in his neck and that's already a proof that he was accepted.

He wanted to get angry but his mind keeps thinking about all the reason why did Paige do that. He knew Paige has a valid reason and he will wholeheartedly trust her.

He sighed as he looked down as if there's an interesting thing in the ground than watching the sentinels to train.

Alpha Slade and his companion already went back to their territory thinking they also need to train so that they can support the Crescent pack but Eaton – half sorcerer and half werewolf stayed thinking of having training with Payne to how to use his Sorcerer power.

Crescent pack was like starting over again. The pack's members wolf remain dormant until one of the family of Alpha entered the territory, it awoken the wolves.

Solomon was in deep thoughts when he felt everyone in the training ground stop from whatever they were doing.

He frown went he saw Raim – the beta immediately ran towards the mansion.

'What's going on?' he thought.

+++

'We are really cursed' Payne thought.

Solomon carries the burden of their parent's dead and he is the Lifemate of his twin sister. Now, she will carry the burden of the future of him and his twin sister.

Payne closes his eyes tightly. He knew that there's a huge possibilities that she will answer in the call of his blood, whether she like it or not but the burden of the future of the twins was too heavy to carry.

They were really born to have a miserable life even though they are blessed to find their Lifemate.

Life is unfair for the twins. Why couldn't they just live peacefully? Why would they need to gone through hell just to live this life.

Paige felt the chaos inside Payne's mind. "Payne" she calls but Payne didn't respond. "Payne, look at me." she said as she grab his head and move his head to look at her. "Look at me" she gently said.

Payne finally opens his eyes meeting his twin sister's violet eyes. He always adores those violet eyes.

"Everything will be alright" Paige smiled gently and pull him to her body for a hug.

Payne returns the embrace. His hand was tightly fisting her t-shirt at her back while she smoothly moves her hands up and down in his back.

They comforted each other and both swear to protect each other in their mind. They would not let another family be killed.

Padruig heard how the twins comforted each other. He couldn't watch it so he stays his eyes close. There is something he hasn't told the twins.

It is about an heir.

One will have an heir but will die young and the other will have no heir but will live longer.

Kismet strictly told him not to tell it to the twins. Kismet said that future is also connected to his future.

After comforting each other, they both release themselves from the embrace.

"It would be best to train her, so that she can fight off the call" Paige said to Payne earning a nod from him. They both stood up.

"It's too late" Padruig whispered quietly but the twins heard it.

+++

Solomon watches everyone as they move around. He couldn't hear anything inside the mind link and even from Paige. Her walls are still up.

He was near the door of the mansion when he felt something change. The wind felt heavier and the surrounding was quiet, too quiet for a midday hour. Everyone was frozen and then started growling that caught his attention.

He turns around and saw a group of rouges in their wolf form following a man in a black suit behind. The rouge's eyes were empty as if they were just a puppet.

'Puppet?' he thought. He remembered, that was the same thing the rouge they caught last alliance party said. Then he turns his eyes towards the man leading the group. He shivered sensing that man is powerful; more powerful than he ever imagine.

Solomon froze when he met the man's eyes.

The violet eyes full of darkness and evil,

The man who was after Paige,

The man who murdered the Alpha and the Luna of the Crescent Pack,

He came just like what he said in the dungeon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

851K 17.6K 27
I sniffed the room and the most intoxicating smell hit my senses with full force, never had I smelled something this addicting, not even the most del...
17.3M 543K 37
"It's like he's a different breed of werewolf. Something... beyond us." • • • Adrienne Gage has spent her entire life being shunned and punished for...
264K 8.8K 26
This story is about a girl with no name. This girl is the definition of powerful; she is the most feared werewolf warrior in the world. Not only is s...
109K 3K 29
For the last seven years, she wanted nothing more than a normal, free life. Abuse and neglect were her everyday companions. As her twenty-first birth...