Mate or Not I still dont want...

By jensen321

A bond is a connection between to people that usually bring pure love and happiness but not for Cade and Skyl... More

Not willing (Cade)
Not wanting (Cade)
Not accepting (Skylin)
Not what you wanted (skylin/cade)
Not my doing (Skylin)
Not gonna happen (Skylin)
Not all bad (Cade)
Not ready (Skylin)
Not now (Cade)
Not my calling (skylin)
Not expected (Cade)
Not over it (Skylin)
Not right (Cade)
Not Happening (Skylin)
Not right for her (Cade)
Not Stolen (Skylin)
Not yours (cade)
Not my moment (skylin)

Not that I needed it (skylin)

120 5 0
By jensen321

**Above is who Cassy resembles which is Gabriella Wilde

Ch. 10: Not that I needed it

Skylin:

As I walked down the stairs Cade was there greeting me with a dazzling smile sometimes he could really light a spark. The moment I saw his parents I got light headed as if I've meant them before. Of course I've seen pictures of them before when i studied the different packs so I assumed that's why they felt familiar. It was no joke that Cades good looks ran in his family. His parents were cleaned up nicely in a very classy way and didn't look a day over 20. After I meant Cades parents they took us out for brunch it was still awkward everytime Cade touched me, trying to be all affectionate when in reality I couldn't stand him. I tried my best not to tense up but it only made things worse. Cade's parents had asked me many questions that I preceded to answer. His dad turned his attention to Cade noticing the way Cade seem to be gazing elsewhere and when I say elsewhere I mean on a waitress that looked very much like the one he was with at the club. I think that's what sparked Cade's dad anger. In all honestly I understood why he was mad all he wants is for his son to be happy with a mate being alpha. As we left the restaurant I was disappointed that he doesn't even realize that he has a father that only wants what's best for him and he takes it all for granted.  I also saw cade sneak a note to the waitress. Once we got back to the house and his parents had left I confronted him,"so cade do you mind telling me how this plan of yours will work? I thought that you know you might have to actually put effort into me and not jump on  everything with a pair of legs. I was pissed sand went about avoiding him.

I was in Spanish for at least 20 minutes when in walked cade. He started talking to the teacher in spanish which you'd think I'd have down pack by now considering it's my eighth year taking the foriegen langage, but no I'm just as clueless as I was the first day I started learning it. As I watched him talk to her I noticed his hair was more messy then the usual look. A couple seconds later walked in the the beach blonde, Cassy that he usually flirts with all class. She came with a smug smile wiping her smeared lipstick. Our eyes locked for a splint second but im pretty sure in the second her face instantly showed that she felt superior to me like she had just won the golden prize. As she sat down I watched her eyes fall on Cade lighting up as he walked back to his seat smirking at her. Thats when it all clicked they had probably been together most likely making out in the nearest closet. I snorted at the thought why couldn't Nate be my werewolf mate? In the last five minuets of class my teacher announced that we could talk, move around do what we wanted. Great just great the only person that talks to me is this creepy guy Braden who im not quite fond of. Braden came and sat next to me and started talking about his dog that I reminded him of. How? The world may never know. I was soon saved by a gruff voice saying," sorry man I need to talk to Skylin." when Braden didn't move he added, "Alone." Braden hurried getting up out of the guys way I didn't bother to look up at the voice,"Your welcome." He sat down and my suspicions were correct it was indeed Cade," I never said thank you."

"You didn't have to."

I signed," What do you want anyway?"

"Now Skylin is that anyway to greet the guy that just put you out of your misery?"

"Hmp I never asked for your rescuing. So cut to it will ya?"

"Fine fine I came over here to make peace with you."

"And you couldn't do that anywhere else."

"Considering you've been avoiding me the past couple days I decided now so that you can't escape."

"I rather you do it at home so that Cassy over there wouldn't be giving me the death glare."

Cade smirked not even bothering to look at her," She's got every right to be jealous of you."

"Oh ya and whys that?"

He chuckled," Skylin if you have to ask me then your blind." I gave him a curious look as he continued, "Obviously you don't see it but I've noticed the guys around here they have eyes for you."

"What are you talking about."

"Skylin do I have to spell it out for you your beautiful."

"Hmmmm was that your way of complimenting me?"

He shook is his head changing the subject, "Anyway I was wondering if we could start over. I think it's important to at least be friends."

I nodded,"What happened to making my life miserable?" I stood up gathering my things before the bell.

Cade also stood,"Ehh there's time for that later plus it's not that bad here. So do we have a deal?" he held out his hand.

I looked at his hand then up at the hope that seeped out of his eyes I didn't take his hand but pulled him into a hug instead. Cade's arm went around me perfectly and in that split second I had hope that everything would work out. As he let go of me I looked up to see his face smiling a true genuine smile that had me smiling before I knew it. In that moment our eyes had ment creating a strong connection that felt like the bond was finally working. I could see it in his eyes the love that was suppose to exist I could feel the pull to kiss, but luckily I was saved by the bell. Once the bell rang we both quickly looked away and I felt everything go cold once again. Cade glanced at me,"So do you like living at the house?"

I chuckled maybe just maybe we would be able to do this," I mean it's different from previous.. but I do like it."

We were walking in the hallway together when he asked," Where did you live before?"

My heart skipped a beat just as I was about to lie I saw Nate walking over to me," Sorry Cade another time, just so were clear you do your stuff I'll do mine and in between be at ease?" Cade nodded realizing what I was talking about when Nate grabbed my hand.

"Hey sorry I didnt see you this morning but hows your wrist?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The party... I heard you broke your wrist from falling."

I signed a sign of relief holding up my wrist," Might want to get new sourcese my wrist is only brusied." Now at least, I thought .

He smiled,"Thank goodness gotta say when I heard the news I was really worried."

I smiled that was sweet of him, he continued on,"So I wont be able to make it to lunch today but how bout you me tonight at 7 text me your address and I'll pick you up?"

We stopped at my locker I turned to facing him," Our first date huh?"

His pearly whites came about,"it's about time I take the most beautiful girl in school out."

I couldn't help but feel the heat rise to my cheeks as I nodded my head,"Will you be back for drama?"

"No." He then kissed my cheek as he left. I shut my locker and on my way to lunch I was greeted by Brent ,"Hey stud whats up?"

"Nothing much. Hey can I ask you something?"

"Sure anything."

"What was it like before?"

"Before what?"

His eyes held sincerity,"Before you came to live with us? What was your other pack like?"

"Honestly I don't know what pack I belonged to."

We were nearing the lunchroom so Brent stopped the conversation,"Hmmm can I ask you more later?"

"Of course. Anything for you Brent," I cheekily smiled toward him. His Blake green eyes pierced mine giving me a smile that brightened his face.

I got to the lunch table last taking the only seat open next to Cade and Dexter," Hey guys!"

Dexter smiled," Skylin what's on your mind?"

"Actually I was wondering if any of you will be home tonight?"

Cade questioned,"Why?"

I glance at his green emeralds," Nate's taking me out tonight, he was gonna pick me up and I wanted to make sure he wouldn't see any of you."

"Wait Skylin he already knows I live there. Remember the party."

"Oh crap," I looked around the table Brent's eyes were on Cade with curiosity, Lane was dazing, Addy was talking to Meredith and Dexter was listening to what was being said,"What should I tell him," I watched Dexter's amber eyes flicker to me then to Cade then back at me,"Tell him your moms having a book club."

"Ooo good one Dexter."

Brent piped in," Wait a second was Cade just being helpful to Skylin?"

The entire lunch table stopped talking and stared at the both of us. I blinked to Cade, his face relaxed,"Guys Skylin and I are planning on being friends."

Brent asked,"How exactly will that work?"

I shrugged," He's gonna do his thing I'll do mine and we'll be friends in between."

After I said that I saw pity in Addy's sea blue eyes, that then looked over my head. I heard a voice beside me,"Cade I need to talk to you." I didnt need to look I knew it was Cassy. Cade excused himself from the table leaving the rest of us for the 10 minutes remaining.

____________________________

hey everyone!

I'm so sorry for not updating earlier I've been super busy with tennis then starting my first job and with ECA and now finals are soon in like 12 days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

848 56 27
M A R I E L L E It's my senior year. The final year of high school. The year everyone waits for, including me. My life has always been simple. Ignore...
312K 6.1K 78
And we're back! But this time we're looking into the lives of the younger siblings: Alyssa Phoenix, Julianna and Jade Ramirez, and their best friend...
218K 7.7K 31
MASON XAVIER KNIGHT Smart, hansome and rich playboy, girls beg for his attention... AMY KENSWORT Reserved girl, works in a cafe and has a very dark p...
372K 8.6K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...