Operation Friendzoned (Cashby...

By Captain_Cashby

Kellin and Vic were the best of friends from the time they were in second grade and on. But, when Vic gets a... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty

264 30 3
By Captain_Cashby

Stay tuned for the ep. btw

Alan's POV

I knocked on the front door of Austin's house and waited patiently for him to answer. He had no idea I was coming over since my own decision was last minute. I missed him though and I knew I needed to spend more time with him before I broke up with him within the next few days. Just to make it easier on him, maybe.

The door swung open and Austin gave me a confused looked, "Alan?"

"Hey baby!" I squealed.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked then gave me a look, "Are you high?"

"Just a little bit, but I wanted to see you."

"Why are you high exactly?"

"Why aren't you high?" I asked him and stood up on my tiptoes to give him a kiss.

He gave me a quick kiss and pulled me into his house.

"So what have you been doing?" He asked me, pulling me up to his room.

"Packing and then helping Vic break up with his girlfriend and now I'm here," I said and flopped on his bed.

"Sounds fun," he said and sat next to me. "Did Vic get you high?"

"No, I asked Mike to."

"Oh."

"Why?"

"Just wondering."

"I had a great time."

"That's good at least."

I giggled and laid my head on his shoulder.

"You're so high," he laughed.

"I'm not that high. Do you have cheetos?"

"Yeah probably," he said.

"Can I have some?"

"Yeah, come on."

I followed him to his kitchen and smiled as he reached for them for me.

"Mm, I love you." I said taking the bag from him and giving him a hug.

"I love you too," he said and kissed my cheek.

I smiled and hopped on his counter, almost dying in the process but I made it.

"You good?"

"I'm great," I said pulling him to me so he was standing between my legs as I ate cheetos. Austin wrapped his arms around my waist and opened his mouth for me to feed him a cheeto.

I gave him one and booped his nose with my cheeto.

"You're cute," he chuckled.

I gave him a kiss and pulled away, "I wish I didn't have to break up with you." I said not even thinking before it came out.

He stopped, Austin's eyes widening. "What?"

"Oh god, sorry. I didn't mean to say that."

"Why do we have to break up?"

"Because I'm gonna be far away and I won't have time to think about a relationship anymore. I'm gonna be a full time student- and things are gonna be too difficult."

"You think so?" He asked sadly. "I really thought that we could make this work. You made it seem like we could."

"I really love you Austin, I do but things aren't gonna be like they are here. I don't even know why I'm gonna be able to come back here either."

"But what if we just like-like I don't know, long distance or something? And who knows? What if I moved up there?"

"That's not how it's works."

"Why can't it work like that?" He asked desperately.

"Because it can't. Don't make this harder than is has to be."

"Alan."

"Austin."

"Please," he said, his voice cracking.

"Don't do that Austin."

"Do what?"

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

"I'm sorry, I just don't understand."

"We're still gonna be friends Austin. That won't change."

"I don't think I can be just friends," he told me.

"Aust, maybe things will work out differently later in life. I still wanna be your friend."

He shook his head. "It'll hurt too much."

I sighed, "I can give you a little space if you want? I wanna stay friends. I really do."

"Alan, I really can't do that. It'll just make it worse."

"Please Aust."

"You should go."

I sighed, "We're gonna be friends whether you like it or not." I told him before I left and started walking home.

God I was so stupid.

------

I had a total of seven hours left in Colorado before I was off to Massachusetts. I was so nervous and I was going to miss everyone so much.

"Oh my baby is growing up so fast." My mom said coming into my room with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, you're literally coming with me for the first week. I don't know why you're crying now."

"I don't care, I'm going to miss you," she blubbered, pulling me into her arms.

I hugged her tightly and ended up crying along with her. "Can't you move there with me?"

"I'm looking as best as I can for a job and place, but you know I'm not promising anything. We already talked about this sweetie."

I sighed. "I know."

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out. Now come on we have to get everything packed up in the moving truck."

I nodded and pulled away. "Let's go."

We packed up all of my things into the moving truck besides the one suitcase I needed for my plane ride later. Along with a few other things in a backpack. I was excited for how great it was going to be but I was honestly so terrified.

I didn't know if I was gonna be able to make any friends out there or if I would even be happy out there. It was all a mess in my head and I just hoped things would work out for me in the end.

"Alan, do you wanna head over to Kellin's to say goodbye?" My mom asked breaking me from thought.

"I don't want to cry."

"Honey, it's okay to cry."

"I know but I've cried enough."

"Come on, we're going. This is gonna be the last time you seem him for a while."

"Okay, okay," I said with a whine.

We went out to the car and headed over to Kellin's house. I hated goodbyes.

"It'll be okay, sweetie," She said and gave me a smile.

I nodded. "I can't believe this but, I'm going to miss him."

"Well he's one of your friends of course you're going to miss him."

"I hated him so much at first."

"I know you did, but you learned to love him."

"Yeah and all his annoying traits."

She laughed.

Soon enough we were at Kellins house.

"Give me like fifteen minutes," I said and headed up to Kellin's. I knocked on the door and waited patiently for him to answer.

"Hi Alan!" Deveraux said as soon as he opened the door.

"Hey Dev, where's Kellin at?"

"He's in his room with his boyfriend and Austin," he said with a grin and pulled me into the house.

I headed up to his room and just walked right in already ready to start crying.

"Hey," Kellin said as soon as he saw me and jumped on top of me, knocking both of us to the floor.

"Hey, I only have a little bit before I leave," I told him, hugging him tight.

"Don't go," he whined, hugging me as tight as he could. "I need you."

"I have to go. This is my dream."

"I know," he sighed.

"I'll visit when I can, but no promises."

"I know and I'll see if I can ever afford to visit. I got that job by the way!"

"That's fucking awesome, I'm so proud of you Kellin and I'm really happy for you and Vic."

"Thank you," he said and kissed my cheek. "I'll get off you now."

I laughed and we both got up from the ground. I smiled and Vic and went over giving him a hug.

"Thanks for forcing me into friendships," I told him.

"It's what I do, ask around," he said with a shrug.

"Well thank you. It means a lot that I got to have awesome friends like you guys," I said then turned to Austin. "We'll keep in touch, okay?"

Austin didn't say anything and looked down at his phone.

"Austin."

"Leave him alone for right now," Kellin said softly.

I frowned, "Okay. Bye guys."

"Do you have to go?" Vic asked. "I didn't even get a good hug."

"Yeah I do. Get your last hugs in now."

Kellin and Vic immediately tackled me back to the ground.

"Don't kill me," I muttered.

"We would never do that," they said simultaneously.

"I do have to get going, my flight leaves in two hours."

"Okay, call me when you land," Kellin told me.

"I'll make sure I do."

"Good boy."

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, I gotta go. Bye everyone."

Kellin plopped a kiss on my cheek and got off of me.

"I won't miss that," I joked. I gave Kellin and Vic one more hug before I left heading back out to my mom's car. I just wanted Austin to tell me goodbye.

"Alan!"

I stopped and turned around and smiled. There was Austin, running out of Kellin's house.

"Friends?" He asked.

I ran over to him and gave him a big hug, "Friends."

"Have fun at Harvard."

"I will. I'll make sure to stay in touch, okay?"

He nodded and gave me one more hug before I went and got into my mom's car.

"How'd it go?" She asked.

"Great, I'm gonna miss them a whole lot."

"You'll be able to visit honey, don't worry."

"It won't be the same," I sniffed.

"It will, it'll be just like old times sweetheart."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

--------

My mom and I arrived in Massachusetts at around dinner time. We headed to the hotel we'd be staying at before I moved into the dorms in a few days. I was excited, but it was different here and I didn't know if I liked it quite yet. It was weird without having Kellin and Vic and Austin with me.

But this was a new beginning and I was gonna learn to love it.

0000

"So, is everything falling into place?" Kailey asked me as we got the siblings ready for school.

"I think so, from what Mike told me, Emily dumped Vic. But I still feel bad," I said with a sigh.

"Why do you feel bad?"

"I broke them up. I mean, it needed to happen because she's abusive but I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid about it all," I muttered, pouring a bowl of cereal for Dev.

"Maybe a little stupid."

"I know," I groaned and set the bowl on the table. "Dev! Come eat your breakfast! We're going to be late."

"I don't want that cereal."

"I'll take it," Hudson said, swiping the bowl.

"Dude," I groaned. "That's your fourth bowl this morning."

"I like cereal, fight me, asshole."

"Language."

"Language," Hudson mocked around a mouthful of cereal, making it sound gross.

"You're gross."

"So are you," he told me. I ignored him and looked at Devereux.

"What kind of cereal do you want, brat?"

"Lucky Charms."

"We're out," I said flatly.

"What!?"

"We are out," I said slowly.

"Why?"

"Because Hudson only eats cereal anymore."

"I eat other food, but I just want cereal right now." Hudson muttered.

"That's all you eat," Kailey said.

"It's not."

"Sure, now Dev, what do you want?" I asked, tapping my foot. We were going to be late to school and I really was looking forward to all the drama that was going to unfold.

"Cocoa Puffs?"

"Sure," I said and made him a bowl while also making a mental note to get healthier cereals next time.

"Yes!"

I rolled my eyes and set it on the table before him.

"Thank you."

"Any time, now hurry!" I exclaimed.

"I'm eating as fast as my tiny mouth can chew."

"If you don't hurry you're going to eat in the car," I told him as I grabbed everyone's things.

"I'll die if we do that."

"How would you die?"

"I would choke!"

"So?" I asked. "Would that be a bad thing?"

He gasped, "That's rude."

"You're rude."

He glared at me.

"Eat," I seethed.

"What's in your panties this morning?" Harper asked walking into the kitchen.

"Shut up."

"You shut up," she snapped.

"Don't be a bitch."

"Don't call me that you shithead," she said.

"Harper, stop it."

She stuck her tongue out at me and grabbed her things. "I'm going to wait in the car."

"Good."

She said nothing and walked outside. I rolled my eyes, it seemed like they were all just in a mood today. I took a bite of my toast and waited for the boys to finish eating when Harper walked back in.

"Kellin, you should go outside."

"What? Why?"

"Just go," she said with a smile.

I gave her a look before heading outside utterly confused.

"Vic?" I asked, a small smile on my face.

"Kellin."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"About?"

He gave me an annoyed look. "I can't believe I'm saying this," he said, walking towards me.

"Vic, what's going on?"

"You were right, about Emily, about me. And I uh, I just want you to know," he stammered. I don't think I'd ever seen Vic so nervous. "I wanted to tell you something b-but maybe now isn't the best time."

"Spit it out before I punch you."

"I love you!" He shouted and slapped a hand over his mouth.

My eyes went wide, "What?" I asked hoping I was hearing him right.

"I love you so much it literally pisses me off. I just want to straight up punch you in the face it's infuriating but Jesus Christ I love you."

I smiled at him, "Are you serious?"

He swallowed and nodded his head.

"I love you, too."

"Get over here," Vic muttered.

I ran over time him and jumped into his arms. He let out a groan and laughed a little before he gave me a long kiss. I have never been more content or happy in my entire life.

"You're such a little shit," I told him, pinching his arm.

"What? Why?"

"Because it took me having to meddle to get you to admit it," I said, squeezing him tight.

"You could have just told me."

"I didn't think I was good enough for you," I admitted softly.

"You're so perfect Kellin, don't think like that."

I pulled away and gave him a small smile. "But if we're going to be real, I'm not. I'm a whore, Vic. I literally am known as the school whore."

"But to me you're not that. You're a beautiful, charming, sexy, loveable guy who I am so in love with."

I couldn't help it. I blushed. "Thanks," I mumbled.

"I mean that."

"Thanks," I said again smiling a little. "So what do we do now?"

"Well I'd like you to be my boyfriend."

I beamed, while this was something I wanted. I honestly never in a million years thought he'd actually want me.

"So what do you say?" Vic asked.

"Yes, oh my god Vic, yes!"

He smiled and pulled me close connecting our lips again.

"Finally!" Dev shouted behind us.

I pulled away from Vic and turned out to Dev, "Fuck off."

"You said a bad word!" He shouted. "I'm telling Kailey!"

I rolled my eyes then turned to Vic, "You think you can handle all this crazy?"

"I have for years," he said and kissed me again. "Let me take you to school."

"You gotta take the others too."

"No, Kailey can do it. She has a license."

"Okay."

"Now let's go," he said and pulled me with him to his car.

He opened the door for me like a true gentleman. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Who knew you could be a gentleman?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me, "Just shut up and get in."

I smirked and climbed into his car. Vic rolled his eyes again and went around and got into the driver's seat. As soon as he started driving he took my hand and I couldn't hold back my smile. This was better than anything I had ever imagined and my stomach was just a flurry of butterflies at this point. I didn't want this feeling to stop, ever.

"Is this as surreal to you as it is for me?" I asked, squeezing his hand.

"A hundred percent."

"Okay, good to know I'm not the only one," I breathed.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I like hearing you say that."

I squeezed Vic's hand. "I like finally getting to say it to you."

"Good, cause you can't get rid of me this time."

"I don't plan on it," I said and stopped for a second. "Babe."

"Babe, that has a good ring to it."

I nodded. I couldn't believe I was acting like this. I never got flustered or blushed over someone being cute with me, I was in a completely different playing field and it was weird and exhilarating I loved how Vic made me feel. It was new, but I sure as hell loved every second of it. It was better than anything I had ever experienced.

This was amazing and I couldn't wait to show him off to the school. I also couldn't wait to see that bitch's face. That was going to the best feeling in the world. Not only because of Vic and I but for the shit from last night too, I couldn't wait. This was gonna be awesome. She was going to be pissed. And I couldn't wait to absorb every second of it. I was going to bask in her anger and love every single second of it.

"Kellin, we're here."

"Great, let's go," I said and hurried out of the car and went around and opened the door for him.

"Why thank you," He said and gave me a quick kiss.

"Any time," I said and kissed him again.

We walked into the school holding hands as if it's always been like this. And I never felt so happy. This was how things were supposed to be.

No one really seemed to notice that we were together. I smiled at Vic, it's as though they knew we were meant to be just like we did.

"Kellin," Vic said gaining my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked, glancing at him.

"You okay?"

I nodded and gave him a quick kiss. "Yeah, just thinking about how I gotta tell all of my fuck buddies that I'm off the market."

He laughed, "Alright then."

"I know I ju-"

"You turned my boyfriend gay!?" The bitch shouted, cutting me off.

"Oops!"

Vic rolled his eyes. "Let's go, Kells, we're not going to start anything."

"No, I have some words for the both of you!" She shouted.

"What do you want?"

"I know you're the one who vandalized my house," she said, putting her hands on her waist.

"What are you talking about?"

"The one who moved all the shit in my house-put fucking dog food in my shoes. It was your fucking fault."

"I didn't do shit to you Emily."

"Sure you didn't," she laughed. "We all know you have it out for me, Bostwick."

Vic arched an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? Kellin was with me last night," he said, trying to sound confused.

"Did you help him!?"

"No, we were with my siblings last night. You're crazy, Emily."

"I'm not crazy!"

I smirked and squeezed Vic's hand. "Sure you aren't Emily, sure you aren't," I said and walked past her, pulling Vic along. Before I did, though, I stopped. "I win, Bitch."

------

Thank you guys for sticking around while this got finished up. We really apprciate it.

Thanks for the votes, comments and reads.

-S&G

Also we're gonna have a new fic up soon so stay tuned! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 619 26
Kellin and Vic's marriage is falling apart, leaving their only son to feel as though there's no hope for love. Then, Vic's best friend, Austin moves...
176K 12.6K 34
Being stripped of trouble is easier said than done, especially when it's doubled. Despite not knowing of each other's existences, Kellin Quinn and Vi...
117K 6.4K 37
Vic is completely obsessed with sex, and is completely confident that he can sleep with any guy he wants to. One day, his friend makes him a bet that...
19.7K 562 58
Kellin Quinn and Vic Fuentes been best friend's ever since they were 5. They been together forever, never leaving eachother's side's. When Vic was 12...