Family is all that matters...

By doodle1403

Follows the adventures of Liam and Louis as they adopt two young boys and become the family that they have al... More

Character descriptions
Good news
Bringing the boys home
First night
Shopping
Meeting the grandparents
Nightime visitors
Sick day
Lazy day
Camping adventures
Stormy night
Powercut
Getting ready for school
Side effects
Daddy's birthday
Legoland
Day with Daddy
School begins
Showing off = A&E
First fall out
Happy birthday Niall
Party time
Tired
Growing up
Glasses???
A very wet Saturday
They suit you
Family time
Don't want to sleep alone
Photo album
Travel sickness
Halloween
Problems after problems
Bonfire night
Sick louis
Back to work
Flu spreads
Loose tooth
Brothers
Winter wonderland
Decorating the house
Christmas eve and a birthday
Christmas
New year
Doctors are allowed to get sick
Zoo
Toothache
Stressed out
Snow
Sickness strikes again
Harry's 6
Florida part 1
Florida part 2
A/N
Florida part 3
Dentist
Break in
The great outdoors
Rabbit on the loose
Easter egg hunt
Operation Niall
Dads job
Left out
Sleepover
Aquarium
Heatwave
Heatstroke
So much for just hayfever
Balloons
Fun at the fair
Journey from hell
Another down
Hospital
Getting better
Picnic in the park

Beach day

2.8K 70 24
By doodle1403

Liam's point of view

"We still going to the beach tomorrow?" Louis asked me as he cuddled into my side before 5 seconds later complaining he was hot and kicking the duvet off and turning the fan back on.

"Yeah it will be nice to actually get out and enjoy this weather rather than being stuck in school and work. But I want to go early as it's going to be packed as everyone will be thinking the same." I said more relieved rather than anything that we had survived the week and the hot weather was carrying on into the weekend so why not spend the day by the beach.

"How early we talking?" Louis whined before getting out of bed and also opening the window.

"I don't know about 7ish, are you really hot or something?" I questioned him.

"It's boiling in here." He said flopping back onto the bed and I just chuckled.

"I'm not cold don't get me wrong but I'm defiantly not to the extent where you are. Now come on your going to need some sleep we're getting up at 6." I said and louis whined again.

"Stop whining your love it as will the boys." I said and louis just nodded and I was about to close my eyes before I heard footsteps approaching our room.

"Let me guess Niall's hot again?" Louis said knowingly as even though Niall had a fan in his room due to it being quite big it didn't fit on his bedside cabinet so it had to go on his desk and he claimed that it didn't work from the distance.

"Your one to talk, I mean you've got the windows open and the fan on full blast." And It was only a couple of seconds later that Niall made an appearance rubbing his eyes.

"You Okay bug?" I asked.

"No I'm hot again." He said coming over and climbing into the middle of the bed.

"You know sleeping with us every night will probably make you hotter." I said feeling his forehead which was hot again.

"No it's cooler in here cause your fan actually works." Niall stated and I sighed getting up.

"Where you going?" I heard Louis ask.

"Get Niall a wash cloth."

"Can you get me one please." Louis asked and I just nodded heading into the bathroom grabbing 2 wash cloths and making them cold before heading back to my room and placing one on Niall's forehead and the other on louis'.

"Right now come on let's get some sleep." I said turning my bedside lamp off and closing my eyes feeling Niall snuggle into my side.

***
When I woke up to my alarm the next morning Louis and Niall were missing from the bed but I could hear laughing from the garden as our bedroom window looked onto the garden, which confused me as Louis and Niall were normally the last up especially when I want to go somewhere early. I quickly showered and got ready before venturing down the hallway quickly stopping at Harry's room seeing him still asleep. What was going on with my family this morning.

I decided to let Harry sleep for the time being and went to see what Niall and Louis were up too.

I found them in the garden believe it or not splashing around with the water in the pool.

"What in earth are you 2 doing its 6:15 in the morning?" I questioned causing both of them to turn to look at me.

"We were awake at around 5:30 so decided to get up as it was too hot just laying around." Louis told me and Niall nodded quickly in agreement.

"Right Okay not something I expected from you two but it doesn't matter, now go and get ready we may as well make a move sooner rather than later." I said heading back indoors to wake Harry and I heard Niall and Louis following behind.

"Morning baby." I said walking into Harry's room seeing He was just starting to wake up and turned his fan off before opening his curtains.

"Hmm daddy." He mumbled before reaching for me and I smiled lifting him out of his bed.

"We're going to the beach today Haz." I said bouncing him slightly.

"Really?" He asked rubbing his eyes and I nodded.

"Yep, really really."

"Can I Take my bucket and spade."

"You sure can now go and get ready and then meet me downstairs so you can have your travel sickness pill." I said and harry nodded before heading for the bathroom.

While Harry was getting ready I headed into the garden and rummaged through the shed to dig out Harry's bucket and spade along with a beach ball as I'm sure Niall would want that.

"Louis." I called out when I came in.

"Yeah?" I heard him call back.

"Can you make sure all the windows are shut before you come back down."

"Yeah."

Harry then came down and I headed to the kitchen with him before grabbing his travel sickness meds' and handing him one before shoving the others in my rucksack.

"Gone?"

"Yeah." He said with a smile and I ruffled his hair.

"You want any breakfast?"

"Coco pops please but make sure it's the correct bowl." He said and I nodded.

"Would it really hurt if you had them in a different bowl?"

"Yes Daddy they have to be in the correct one or its all wrong." He said and I just nodded.

(Above are the bowls I'm on about and the ones we have. Literally my little brother will go crazy if
he catches you eating the wrong cereal in the wrong bowl. I had to wait the other day for him to finish before I was allowed to eat coco pops as he had the bowl for it even though I was constantly telling him that rice Krispies were pretty much the same just without the chocolate.)

I got that for him before doing Niall some toast and he appeared just as it was done.

"Here Love." I said and he thanked me as Louis appeared.

"I've got towels, swimming shorts and spare clothes for the boys anything else?"

"Sun cream?"

"In my rucksack." Louis replied.

"Okay well I've got Harry's travel sickness meds his bucket and spade and Niall's beach ball so i think that's everything. If we have forgotten something we can just buy it down there."

"Sounds good." He said before grabbing the boys plates and bowls and shoving them in the dishwasher.

"Right shoes on boys." I heard Louis call out before I followed them.

"Does anyone need the toilet before we set off as I'm not planning on stopping." I said as I was putting my own shoes on but I received shakes of the head so just nodded before we headed for the car.

"Dad how far is the beach?" I heard Niall ask after about 15 minutes.

"About an hour love as long as theirs no traffic and we should be alright in those terms as we left early." I said and I saw Niall nod.

"You Okay h?" I asked Harry as I hadn't heard a word from him since we set off.

"He's got his headphones on dad, I think he's watching a film." Niall told me and I nodded.

"I seriously might sleep in here tonight, this is the coolest I've been in days." Louis said and I just chuckled.

"I'll join you papa." I heard Niall say then.

"You two can't sleep in the car."

"Well we need to install air conditioning then as I'm not getting anywhere near enough sleep."

"Louis I'm not paying for someone to install that for what a week of hot weather at a time. It's never worth it." I said and louis sighed.

"I guess."

The next 45 minutes of the drive was uneventful with Louis and Niall both falling asleep and Harry zoned out on his iPad and before I knew it we were at the beach which even at 9 in the morning was packed.

"Daddy we Here?" I heard Harry ask and I nodded.

"Yeah we are Haz." I said and I turned around smiling seeing the boy desperately trying to unbuckle himself.

"Hold on Haz, the beach isn't going anywhere." I said as Louis began to wake up.

"I thought we were here the air con isn't on anymore."

"It wouldn't be if the engine isn't on." I said.

"Is it going to be hot?"

"I don't know lou, but there's one way to find out." I said getting out the car and being instantly hit with boiling hot air.

"Yep it's hot." I said opening Harry's door and helping the boy out of his seat. I then looked over and saw Louis waking Niall who sleepily stumbled out the car rubbing his eyes.

"I'm tired." I heard Niall whine to Louis as harry was helping me get the beach stuff out the boot.

"Well maybe you shouldn't of been messing around with water at 5:30 this morning." I said looking at Louis as I said it.

"Li it was useless trying to go back to sleep it was far too hot." Louis said.

"Ni if your tired you can have a nap on the beach later." I said and he just nodded before accepting some of the stuff I was handing him.

"Right come on then let's go and find somewhere to set up camp for the day." I said once everything was out the car and I had locked it before we headed for the sand.

"Do you want somewhere in the shade?" Louis asked as we walked along the sand and I shrugged.

"It doesn't really matter wherever is in the shade now probably won't be later plus we've got the umbrella." I said and louis nodded before deciding on a spot and we set to work setting everything up.

"Can I play now?" Harry asked once he'd changed into his swimming shorts but I saw Louis shake his head.

"No you need suncream on first." Louis said rummaging through the bag before pulling it out and starting to apply it to harry.

"Right Ni, can you be trusted to do this yourself?" Louis asked Niall who was sat on a towel curled into my side.

"I can do it." He said sitting up and taking the suncream from Louis however I watched him closely as he put it on.

"Right pass it here you won't be able to do your back." I said and Niall just nodded letting me put it on his back before I told him he could play with harry.

The boys were happy enough to build sandcastles for the first half hour before the grew bored of that and started nagging to go in the sea.

"Boys it will be freezing as it's still early?"

"But that's a good thing cause I'm hot." Niall claimed and I sighed looking at louis.

"You coming?"

"Nah go ahead plus someone has to look after the stuff." He said smirking and I glared at him.

"Your going in next time."

"Course it will be warmer then." He said and I sighed before standing up and taking Harry's hand as Niall ran off in-front.

"You sure you want to go in?" I questioned Harry but he nodded as he watched Niall run straight in.

"Alright let's go." I said and Harry smiled as we walked towards the sea.

"My god that's cold." I said as soon as we got in the water and I felt Harry grip onto my hand tighter.

"Don't like it Daddy." Harry said clinging onto me and I lifted him into my arms.

"Dad come on." I heard Niall say then.

"Niall I'm going to take Harry back to papa as it's too cold for him, don't go any further than you are now, and I'll be back in a minute." I said and Niall nodded.

"Can you bring my ball with you?" Niall asked and I nodded walking back over to Louis.

"Too cold?" Louis asked as I placed Harry on his back as Louis was on his front.

"Yeah harry wasn't a fan so he's going to stay here with you." I said and louis nodded going back to his book while I rummaged around trying to find Niall's beach ball.

"That's fine." Louis said as Harry wrapped his arms around louis' neck and led his head down.

"Tired Love?" I asked ruffling Harry's curls and the boy nodded.

"Why don't you have a nap." I said placing his hat on his head and Harry nodded.

"Right I'm going back in the sea with Ni." I said and Louis nodded as I grabbed the ball and went back to Niall.

"Where have you been Dad? you've been gone ages." Niall said as I reached him throwing Niall his ball.

"Oi." I said as Niall splashed me with water and he just laughed before he threw the ball to me.

"Cheeky monkey." I said and soon enough Niall and I were in a full blown water fight.

"Dad wait the ball." Niall said and I turned around seeing Niall's ball floating away.

"Alright I'm getting it." I said but Niall decided to come with me causing a couple of problems as although Niall could swim swimming in the sea was another matter.

"Dad." I heard Niall call out all of a sudden and turning around I saw him struggling to stay above the water. Deciding to ditch the ball I went over to Niall and grabbed his arm before pulling him into me and swimming back to the beach. Once I was out Niall gripped onto me sobbing so I lifted him into my arms and carried him back to where Louis and Harry were where they were building a sandcastle by the looks of things.

"Hey what's going on?" Louis asked looking up when he heard Niall's cries.

"He's had a bit of a fright and I'm also not sure if I didn't hurt him?" I said concerned as I gripped onto him quite hard.

"Why would you hurt him?" Louis asked taking Niall into his arms.

"I didn't mean too louis he was getting dragged away by the tides." I said and louis just nodded trying to calm Niall down.

"Ni you do know I didn't hurt you on purpose right." I said worrying that Niall was scared of me.

"I know." I heard Niall say very quietly and I sighed in relief.

"Come here." I said taking Niall back into my arms hugging him tightly.

"Scared." Niall mumbled as I sat down on a towel. "But not of you." He said quickly and I nodded as he rested his head on my chest.

"The sea can be a dangerous place." I said and Niall nodded.

"Don't wanna go back into it." Niall mumbled and I smiled playing with his hair.

"Can't say I blame you." I said as I looked down and saw Niall was looking up at me.

"Did I hurt you at all?"

"My arm hurts a bit but that's it." Niall said and I nodded looking at his arm and I sighed when I saw that it was red and I had no doubts he'd end up with a bruise.

"Why don't you have a nap as you were up really early this morning, and then when you wake up we're get some lunch and go rock pooling." I suggested and Niall nodded.

"Ice cream as well?"

"I'm sure that can be arranged." I said and Niall nodded before leaning his head back on my chest and closing his eyes.

When I was sure he was asleep I turned to Louis who was still helping Harry with his sandcastle.

"You Alright Love?" Louis asked me and i shrugged.

"I hurt him lou, He's going to get a bruise cause of me." I said and Louis smiled sadly at me.

"Li you did it cause you love him, who knows what would have happened if you didn't grab him when you did. I'd much rather he'd have a bruise on his arm for a couple of days than him have permanent damage and maybe not even have him here with us. I mean he could have easily drowned. Plus he doesn't look that affected, if anything your probably a hero in his eyes. He loves you so much Li, and nothings going to change that." Louis told me and I just nodded rubbing Niall's back as he gently snored.

"Trust me if he was that upset he wouldn't be asleep on you." Louis said and I smiled knowing he was right.

"Papa's Right Daddy, Ni Ni loves you and I do too lots and lots." Harry said looking up at me. I didn't even know he was listening.

"Hmm I do love you loads Dad if it wasn't for you and papa then who knows what would have happened to me and I probably would have drowned just then your a super dad." I then heard Niall mumble. He obviously wasn't in as deep of a sleep as I thought.

"Really?"

"Really, really." Niall said sitting up and rubbing his eyes. I smiled wrapping my arms tightly around him and kissing his forehead.

"Can we have something to eat now, I'm hungry." Niall announced and I just laughed.

***
"Right who's up for some rock pooling?" I asked once everything had been eaten.

"What about ice cream?" Harry asked.

"We can have that afterwards." I said standing up and Niall copied my actions grabbing my hand.

"I want to go rock pooling." Niall said and I smiled down at him.

"What about you two?" I asked Louis and Harry and they both nodded.

"Yeah I'm up for that, but what about Are stuff?"

"It will be fine, there's nothing valuable as we left phones and everything in the car just pass me my car keys and wallet." I said and Louis nodded handing me my things before we grabbed the net and the boys bucket and spades before heading for the rock pools.

"Dad I don't have to go in the sea right." Niall asked me and I smiled down at him.

"Only for the first bit until we get on the rock but it's very shallow it won't go above your ankle." I said but Niall shook his head.

"I'll pick you up Okay." I said and he nodded at that as we continued to walk towards the rock pools and when got their I lifted niall onto the first rock and then climbed up myself before helping Harry and Louis on.

"What we actually looking for daddy?" Harry asked me as he went over to a rock pool.

"Well lots of things like to live in these pools so we might find crabs, starfish maybe even some fish and sea snails." I said handing Niall the net and Harry his spade once the buckets had been filled with water.

"The trick is to be gentle so you don't disturb anything." Louis told them but we soon discovered that both boys trying to find things in the same pool wasn't working.

"Right I think we need to split." I said and louis nodded in agreement.

"Yeah I think that's wise." Louis agreed so it turned into a competition Harry came with me and Niall went with Louis.

"Right Haz lets see what we can find." I said and Harry smiled before I told him to carefully lift a rock that was in the water.

"What That one?" Harry asked pointing to one and I nodded as Harry lifted the rock jumping back on falling on his bum as something scurried out from under it.

"You Okay love?" I said chuckling and Harry nodded before crawling back over to the rock pool.

"What is it?" Harry asked seeing the creature had moved to the other side.

"I think it's a massive crab. Pass me your spade Love I'll see if I can get it." I said and Harry nodded handing it to me.

"Daddy it's massive." Harry said as he looked in the bucket and I smiled as Niall and Louis came over.

"Dad look at the starfish we found." Niall said showing his bucket to me and i smiled as Harry scrambled up to see it.

"That's not as good as what me and daddy found." Harry said before showing Louis and Niall his crab.

"Wow Haz." Louis said ruffling Harry's curls and Niall just pouted.

"My starfish is rubbish compared to that."

"No it's not bug I think it's pretty cool." I told Niall who just shrugged.

"How about we put them both back and go and get some ice cream?" I suggested and both boys quickly nodded before putting the sea animals back and we made are way back of the rocks and over to get some ice cream.

***
"See this is why I didn't want to leave at this time of day." I said as we were stuck in traffic.

"Li it's not even that bad, Your so dramatic when it comes to traffic, there's nothing you can do about it." Louis said to me. "Plus at least it's cold in here." Louis said and I just sighed.

"Louis this is going to go on for miles, I mean why are they even doing road works on a weekend. I bet there not even doing anything. I can guarantee you we won't see a single workman, I mean why would we it's 7 o'clock on a Saturday evening." I said already annoyed and we'd only just joined the traffic.

"Li chill out." Louis said to me and I just rolled my eyes.

"If you want me to chill out, drive yourself and I'll sit there and watch you get frustrated." I said.

"You won't see me get frustrated though as I don't care about sitting in traffic as long as it's moving. It's when it completely stops I have a problem with it." Louis claimed just as we did come to a stop.

"You mean like now." I said turning to face him.

"Maybe." He mumbled and I just sighed.

"This is just brilliant." I said looking in the mirror and seeing both the boys asleep.

"At least their asleep and hopefully Niall will get the best sleep he's had in a while as it is cool in here."

"Well it won't be if we don't start moving soon as I'll turn the engine off and then the air con won't work." I said.

"There's a simple answer to that one, don't turn it off."

"Louis I'm not sitting here for god knows how long with the engine running plus it's advised not to as it's bad for the environment and will waste fuel."

"Why can't you just have the ignition on, that will still run the air conditioning."

"Yeah and it will also drain the battery. If we're here longer than 10 minutes and haven't moved we're going to have to deal with just the air coming through the windows." I said already knowing we were going to be in for a couple of hot hours.

20 minutes later and I was boiling. I'd looked on my phone and saw that a car had caught fire in the part of the road works that was only one lane so no one else could get through meaning we had to wait until the car had been removed and they repaired the damaged road.

"You know what I give up sod the battery I can't cope with this heat." I said going to turn the ignition on but Louis stopped me.

"What?"

"Don't, I don't want our car catching fire."

"You've changed your tune. And the car isn't going to catch fire."

"I'm sure that's what those other people thought."

"Louis there's no more risk being stopped than just driving along."

"I don't want to risk it Li." Louis said and I sighed.

"Well How am I meant to keep cool then?"

"I don't know but we're not using the air conditioning, plus I don't really want the battery to go flat and then we're be completely stranded." Louis said and I just sighed but he did have a point about the whole battery draining thing.

"Hmm why we stopped?" I heard Niall mumble from the back and turning around I saw him rubbing his eyes.

"There's a lot of traffic love as everyone's trying to get home and there's problems on the road up ahead."

"It's really hot in here." Niall whined and I sighed. This was going to be a problem as Niall didn't deal with the heat in an open space. He's now in a small space which is boiling hot.

"I know sweetie but there isn't much I can do, actually louis I think there's a handheld fan in the glove compartment." I said and louis rummaged around before finding it.

"And you only remembered this was their now?" Louis asked and I smiled at him sheepishly before trying to find something to hook it into place so it would just blow on Niall.

"Better?" I asked once I'd completed the task and Niall nodded. crisis adverted.

***
4 hours later we finally arrived home but it could have been a lot longer. Luckily the road wasn't too badly damaged so road repairs didn't take long.

When we reached home niall and Harry were both asleep. Harry hadn't woken the whole time, but I wasn't too concerned as he had been running around all day. I lifted Harry onto my hip before carrying him straight upstairs and placed him in bed carefully changing him into pyjamas. Really he could have done with a bath but I didn't want to wake him. One he was settled with his fan on I left his room and went over to Niall's where Louis was sorting Niall's fan out.

"How likely do you think it will be that Niall ends up in are room again tonight?" I asked Louis as I guided him to our room and collapsing onto our bed.

"Pretty high But I'd rather he slept in here than suffered in his room."

"Why don't we just swap the fans over?" I asked Louis.

"Remind me again why we haven't already thought of that." Louis said chuckling as he unplugged are fan and walked back over to Niall's swapping the fans and coming back to our room with the fan that Niall did have in his hands and plugging that one in instead.

"Now we know if he comes in here he just wants cuddles."

"I won't be surprised if he does to be honest. He's still pretty shaken up from earlier." I said sadly and Louis sighed.

"Li don't worry about it."

"But Louis I will."

"I know you will, but there's nothing you can do the damage isn't long lasting and he's forgiven you and knows you only did it to protect him." Louis told me and I just nodded as we finished getting changed and led down in bed.

"Now come on stop thinking about it and let's get some sleep." Louis said and I nodded quickly falling asleep and it wasn't even 2 hours later that I felt a small body curl into my side, but I wasn't going to complain in the slightest.

A/n
Actually surprised I managed to write this all in one day but to be honest I would have given up hours ago if it wasn't for my bottom wisdom teeth growing in and causing me endless amounts of pain. I mean you know your in for it when you take paracetamol and ibuprofen and they do absolutely nothing for the pain, I can't remember the top ones hurting this badly, if anyone has any suggestions on ways to ease the pain they would be greatly appreciated. The worst thing is though I know there going to have to be removed as I don't have any room for them. I already had to have teeth out for when I had braces as there was no room so how on Earth are these going to fit properly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 7.3K 76
Emily is a 12-year-old girl that has a bad past. She lives in an adoption center and she has been for what seems like forever. Then, One Direction c...
326K 7.6K 31
Ziam family AU, in which Zayn and Liam decide to start their own little family. Louis: 6 Harry: 4 Niall: 2
1.3K 5 16
This is the squeal to the six member of 1D Everyone back the boy and Isabelle plus some new character Isabelle and Harry learn to love each other mor...
25.7K 263 14
One direction stories with pure fluff and no smut. Mostly Liam and Niall as the youngest ones.