Potter

By lillyanbrooks

Lily Potter is an average 15 year old living in the United States in 2011. When magic upheaves her life and d... More

Potter
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapterlette 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27(Alternate)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33(FINALLY)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Epilogue: Part 1/7
Epilogue : Part 2/7
Epilogue : Part 3/7
Epilogue : Part 4/7
Epilogue : Part 6/7
Epilogue : Part 7/7

Epilogue : Part 5/7

23.4K 852 1.1K
By lillyanbrooks

July 2008

"I'll apparate our luggage home, then come back for the two of you. Will you be okay here?" Draco's voice was soft, arm sliding around my waist to pull me closer even as he said he had to go.

"We'll be fine," I promised, leaning into his warmth happily, sighing as his arms wrapped around me. "Just be careful when you get back. We are in a muggle neighborhood, you know."

"As you've reminded me every day the past three weeks," he said, leaning forward to press his lips lightly to mine before he stepped away. I held my son's small hand in my own now, though his eyes wandered over the streets around us, mostly empty with the exception of a few people taking advantage of the early summer air for a walk.

Regulus stayed in the doorway with me as Draco moved to the apparition point, an old oak tree that towered over the lawn of our American house. The home itself was classic in style, a mirror image of most of the other houses that lounged on the private street. The insides were decorated in dark woods and warm golds and reds, Gryffindor touches that Draco had happily taken the credit for when he'd realized I'd started to tear up upon arriving.

It'd been a good three weeks. 

Draco glanced back once more before he departed, wiggling his fingers back at Regulus when the toddler waved enthusiastically before apparating with a sharp crack. Regulus turned to look up at me, grey eyes wide, dark hair a mess atop his head.

"He's coming back, right?" He asked, like he always did whenever either of us went anywhere, and I nodded, crouched down to eye level with my son. At three, Regulus was halfway to four feet and proud of every damn inch of it, his narrow chin always lifted high and his small shoulders squared.

"You know he's going to come back," I told him, running my fingers up his chest and tapping his small nose fondly. "He always does."

"Okay," he said, always easy to appease. "Can I play?"

"Just stay in the front yard," I told him, and he beamed– a grin full of white baby teeth, though he would swear one was just beginning to wiggle. He leant forward to peck my cheek sweetly before bounding down the porch steps, small legs propelling him onto the grass and to the swing that hung from one of the other trees. Since he'd had to leave his broomstick at home, it was the best thing in its place.

Regulus, to both my pride and motherly concern, was a natural-born flyer, something he undeniably inherited from his father. Since his first broomstick at two and a half, Regulus had been vying for the sky, trying to get as high up into the air as he could before Draco and I noticed and insisted he come back down before he fell.

Draco was hoping he'd be a seeker. Blaise had his galleons set on chaser. I was absolutely sure he was going to be a keeper, due to his adoration for his Uncle Ron(much to Draco's ire) and his ability to catch most of whatever else the rest of his cousins and family threw around. As one of the calmer kids– and one of the oldest– he took his role very seriously as a pacifist and peace maker, only managing to get a little bossy on a particularly rough day.

"Mum look! There's a dog!"

I had just enough time to shake myself from my thoughts to see him hop off his swing and run for a walking couple, the red fur of their dog shimmering in the afternoon sunlight. I swore quietly, then darted after him. By the time I'd arrived at the sidewalk Regulus was on his knees, laughing madly as the golden retriever licked at his face.

"I'm so sorry," I said, forcing down the lump in my throat to smile at the couple I'd been trying to dart around since we'd arrived. "We don't see many dogs at home."

"Oh, you're fine," Anna Potter waved off, smiling brightly. "We've a boy not much older, and he'll run for anything with four paws and a tail."

I should've been expecting this, really. If the odds were such that Draco, so many years ago now, managed to buy us a house on the same street as my old home, then the odds were just as likely– if not more– I'd someday happen upon my parents. At her side, Jacob Potter looked as though he'd been hit with a cattle prod, and I wondered if I'd really made that much of an impression at fifteen. If he'd remembered, thought about it often enough to recognize me years and years later.

It hadn't been the last time he'd seen me, but it'd been the last I'd seen him. 

I hadn't forgotten.

"You're not from here," he said, his old accent slipping through the words. Anna smacked her husband in the arm, eyebrows raised at the blunt statement, but I forced a smile and nodded, trying to choke down the churning in my stomach.

"No," I agreed with him, and my own accent– still slight after years and years, and fainter after three weeks spent in my home town– felt weird coming from my lips. "We're from London, actually."

"Oh, we love London," my mother hummed, smiling a little to herself. Her brows furrowed briefly. "Strange people, though. No offense, of course– we had a very strange vacation there once, I've never quite been able to shake it."

"No worries." My laugh was undeniably nervous. "We get that sometimes– Reg, kiddo, if you could remember you did take a bath this morning, that would be amazing."

He looked up at me, thoroughly covered in dog slobber. "Sorry mum." He stood up, cuddled close to my legs and looked up at his grandparents as if just now noticing they were there. Dogs Regulus ran to with open arms– the strangers that often came with though still startled him.

I ruffled his hair fondly. "You're fine, love. Just a suggestion."

"Reg?" Jacob's voice held that same, still strange quietness, and my smile came a little easier.

"Short for Regulus," I told him quietly, looking at my father and trying not to bubble over with words. When I caught Anna's confused gaze, I recovered quickly, sticking my hand out. "And I'm Alecia. Alecia Thatcher."

Draco's foresight in putting the papers to this house in a different name was far more genius than he could've known. Anna smiled as she shook my hand.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Alecia, Regulus. I'm Anna Potter, and this is my husband, Jacob– our two children are back home, I'm afraid," she said, a small sigh. She looked at Regulus, his shy gaze, and smiled as she leant down and patted the dog's head encouragingly. "And this is Lucy, but I think you've already met."

Regulus giggled, and my heart ached. Another crack echoed down the neighborhood, but by the time Anna and Jacob looked for the source anything unordinary would have passed. Only Jacob seemed suspicious.

"There you are." Draco's voice was quiet, kind as he stepped up behind me, a hand curling around my waist. He looked at the adults standing in front of us with no hint of recognition, though I knew he'd seen pictures, knew what caused the paleness in my face. He held his hand out still, his smile subdued but warm all the same. "I'm Alecia's husband, Marcus. You must be the neighbors."

Regulus, thank Merlin, did nothing but look confused, gray eyes peering up at us with a small frown. I winked back at him and he grinned, pleased to be in on whatever 'game' we were playing. My father shook Draco's hand carefully, and if he recognized the pale hair and grey eyes, refrained from commenting.

"Lovely to meet you, Marcus– We're the Potters. How long will you all be in town?" Anna asked, bright eyes bouncing between the two of us. Draco's smile was the epitome of apologetic innocence.

"We leave today, I'm afraid," he said, though grey eyes slid over to me, questioning– and slowly, I dipped my head in agreement. As good as it was to see them, messing with the timeline again remained at the bottom of my bucket list. "I apologize for not introducing ourselves earlier– an egregious absence of manners on our part."

Jacob's eyebrows had risen to high I was certain they'd disappeared entirely from his forehead.

"Don't worry about it," Anna dismissed with an easy wave of her hand. "At least we'll know to keep an eye out for you when you're here next time."

"Indeed," I said with a smile, something cold dropping into my stomach. It would be a long time before I could come back here again.

"Mom!" The call was a girl's, young and high across the cement street. Across the street and one over stood a small house, one-story, a girl standing out on the pavement with her arms crossed in front of her hips. She didn't seem to see us, or maybe she just didn't care. "I need help with homework!"

"Be patient, dear! I'm visiting with Mrs. Thatcher and her family!" Anna Potter called back, rolling her eyes when the teenage girl visibly huffed and stomped back to the house. I grimaced. Draco, beside me, gave an almost imperceptible snort that sent my elbow into his ribs.

"We shouldn't be keeping you much longer," I said, grateful for the gentle pressure of Draco's hand against my waist, the quiet strength enough to keep me upright. "We'll have to catch our flight soon."

"Oh of course, of course." Anna smiled, eyes soft, friendly as she clasped her hands in front of her self. "Well, it was wonderful meeting you all. Perhaps next time you're in town we can get together, get to know each other over dinner. There's a lovely little Italian place just down the road. You'll be able to meet the children as well– perhaps our Caiden would get along splendidly with your Reg."

They do, I wanted to say.

Draco recovered when my voice failed me.

"That would be lovely," he said, leaning down to scoop a restless Regulus into his arms, my son resting his head on his father's shoulder with a quiet sigh, grey eyes already closing. "Truly."

"Have a safe flight," Jacob added quietly, still seeming a little stunted, eyes flicking back and forth between Draco, Regulus and myself, pieces of the elaborate puzzle he'd accidentally created with long made decisions.

"We will," I told him, smiling despite the pygmy-puff sized lump in my throat . "Thank you."

For the first time my father smiled at me, softened the disbelief in his eyes.

"You're welcome."

August 2008

"Oh, for– Edward Lupin, get back here!" Caiden slammed into the dining room table after trying to skirt by it, chasing after the ten year old and the wand waving in his hand. "You're going to get hurt!"

Teddy just grinned and darted out the front door, eight-year-old Victoire at his heels and a trail of sparks flying behind them. Caiden just sighed, braced his hands on the wood of the table, the dining set having been magically extended out the door for the evening's dinner.

"He's impossible," Caiden mumbled, rubbing at his face. "I told him it's dangerous to take my wand and yet... there he goes. He's going to zap off an eyebrow and I'm not going to pity him."

I smiled, rolled eyes as I leant back against the kitchen counter, set my glass of firewhisky down beside me. "You sound like Remus."

My brother shot me a wry look, the smile on his lips small as he ruffled his sandy blonde hair. "I keep hearing that more and more as I get older, you know. That's the second time today."

"It's not a bad thing," I promised him. "Though Remus would never work with dragons."

Caiden grinned brightly. At twenty-two, my brother spent more time in Romania than anywhere else, and each time he returned it was with new burn or bite scars to show off, a shimmering tattoo of a Antipodean Opalaeye that ran down his right arm and a full moon shining on his left wrist that changed to match the one hanging in the sky.

"He and Tonks are going to come visit again in the fall," Caiden informed me, far too pleased about it. "Hopefully it'll go better than the last time. We've increased space between the dragons and the railings just in case."

"Glad to hear it," I told him with a wry grin. "No one likes having their robes set on fire, even if it can be fixed with magic."

"True enough," Caiden agreed, eyes towards the open door where most of the kids still roamed the backyard. "You and Draco should bring Reggie at some point, you know. He'd love it."

"Oh, he certainly would," I agreed, following Caiden's gaze to the outdoors, where my son ran freely with his cousins under the watchful eye of Fleur and Theo. "But like I've said before, perhaps in a couple years. When he's less likely to wander up to a dragon and more likely to remember the trip as a whole. Three-year-olds don't have the best memory, you know."

"Fair point," Caiden admitted with a grimace. "But I still insist he at least spends a summer with me when he's older."

"That's up to him when the time comes," I said evenly, though I was certain my hair grayed at the thought. "Though know I'll be having a heart attack the entire time."

Caiden snorted. "Don't be such an old lady."

"I'm not old," I huffed, even as I'd turned twenty eight the week before. "Don't be such a reckless teen."

"I'm not a teen," Caiden countered, and I stuck my tongue out at him as he raising a single finger at me. We managed to adjust our postures appropriately when Molly re-entered the kitchen, beginning to grey at the temples but warm and lovely as ever.

"Dinner's ready!" She cheered, levitating the prepared food from the counter with a gentle wave of her wand. It was the call that beckoned the rest of the family from their spots taken amongst the house, brought the children in from the indoors. Caiden snatched his wand from Teddy before Remus or Tonks could see, giving his brother a stern look that melted the moment Teddy beamed back at him.

I settled into my seat at the table, relieved when Draco weaved through the group and snagged the seat next to me, Theo grabbing the seat next to him with the brown-eyed Adelle balanced carefully on his hip. Theo and Luna's daughter was the perfect bend of the two of them, Theo's tan skin and dark eyes and Luna's pale hair and constant state of wonder and curiosity. She was seven months younger than Regulus and, as far Theo and I were concerned, destined to fall in love.

As Regulus climbed into Draco's lap beside me and offered her a shy smile, it took Draco squeezing my hand to stop me from smiling too brightly.

"They're barely using full sentences," he murmured over the lull of dinner beginning, expertly reaching around Regulus's head to fill his plate.

"I said they'd be together by fifth year," I whispered back, offering Regulus a roll when his small arms fell just out of reach. "The sooner, the better. Theo is not getting another free dinner out of me."

Draco rolled his eyes but smiled despite himself. "You're insufferable."

I nudged his side gently with my elbow. "You love me."

"I do."

"Dinners are for eating, not declarations of love," Sirius admonished from the other side of the table, even as he had his arm wrapped around the back of Felicity's chair, his wedding band shining silver in the table's candles. "Unless you're declaring your love for the food, which," he added, looking to where Molly sat with a small smile, "I must. Absolutely stellar meal, Molly, thank you– and Charlie and Caiden, of course."

Everyone had a chorus of agreements, till Molly turned pink-cheeked and Charlie looked smug, Caiden even smugger beside him– having gone off to Romania on their own provided quite the opportunity to develop a proclivity for meal making, something Charlie succeeded at and Caiden was beginning to. 

"If dinners are not for declarations of love, that quite puts a damper on our plans," Fred began, raising an eyebrow, an amused smile at his lips. "Though I suppose I'm willing to wait till we're all gathered in the living room, if that's more suitable."

At his side, Lavender began pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Being as it's our dinner, at our table," Arthur replied, giving a wry look to Sirius in good nature, "I suppose I can rule that exceptions can be made."

Sirius shrugged, tilting his glass in toast to the other wizard.  Fred beamed, Lavender's expression wry but fond. I tried to catch my friend's eye with a frown but her gaze shifted firmly between her boyfriend and his parents, teeth sunk into her bottom lip.

"Ten galleons says he's gonna propose," Draco murmured discreetly to Theo. Theo snorted, turning it into a cough when Caiden raised an eyebrow at him curiously.

"I'm not stupid enough to bet against that."

"Your choice," Draco mused, smiling a little as he handed an eager Regulus a carrot.

"Mum, dad, the rest of the table," Fred began brightly, fingers resting over Lavender's atop the table. "Lavender and I have eloped."

"Damnit," Theo whispered as the rest of the table erupted into an uproar, Draco's smirk carefully hidden with his face tilted down towards his son.  Molly was the first to rise and throw their arms around the pair of them, the rest of us filing in line around the couple .

"Oh– when? When did this happen?" Molly was asking, somehow managing to be both overjoyed and confused with the question as she released Lavender into Arthur's welcoming hug, gripped hold of Fred's shoulder and pulled her son to her.

"Only a few days ago, mum," Fred assured her, hugging his mother back tightly, his tone soft despite the wide grin of his mouth. "We're planning on having a celebration later in the month, so don't get in a tizzy about it."

"I am not in a tizzy," Molly huffed with flushed cheeks, stepping aside so Arthur could congratulate his son warmly. I squeezed between a chair and a waiting Bill to grab onto Lavender, her face flushed but her smile bright as she saw me, pulled me tightly into her arms.

"Congratulations!" I whispered, spinning with her tight in my arms, a giggling pair until we finally let go of each other.

"I wanted to tell you!" She said over the chatter, tucking a curly strand of hair behind her ear. "It just happened so fast– but it was so lovely, Lily, it was positively magical."

"You're fine," I assured her, squeezing her shoulders warmly. I smiled. "Draco and I eloped in Paris months before we had the ceremony, you know."

Her eyes widened. "You what?"

"Story for another time– Look, it's Fleur!" I teased, laughing as I spun her by the shoulders and into her new sister-in-law's arms. The brothers had piled onto Fred, George crowing  that he'd known the entire time. 

I made sure to sweep a lost-looking Rose into my arms and deposit her back into her mother's lap before moving to reclaim my seat. Regulus had been watching worriedly from Draco's lap, either because of the noise or my abrupt departure, and I wrapped my arms around him as he made the shift from Draco to me, resting his head back against my chest. 

Under the table, Draco's fingers found mine and squeezed gently, and Charlie and Caiden popped open champagne.

September 2008

I was just closing the door to Regulus's room when arms curled around my waist and pulled me close.

"Is he asleep already?" Draco asked, disappointment just traceable as I turned in his arms, looped my arms around his neck.

"He really did try to stay awake to see you come home," I said softly, rising up on my toes. "But if tradition holds, he'll be up in two hours anyway for cocoa, so you've nothing to fear.  How were your classes today?"

"Fine enough," he said, smiling a little as he kissed my cheek, pulled away to frown at me with concern. "I heard about what happened. I saw Longbottom on his way out."

"Poor Neville," I murmured, closing my eyes when his lips pressed against my temple, the stress rolling out of me in a deep sigh. "We knew it was only a matter of time, of course, but– it never makes it any easier. I'm just glad Neville could be there for his mother in the end. She didn't– Alice doesn't seem to understand much, but I think she knew it was him. That comforted her. There wasn't much else I could do. I think after Frank passed last year, there wasn't much keeping her here anymore."

"You did what you could," Draco whispered back, arms squeezing gently around me. "If it cheers you up, I'm taking over herbology while he's attending to the funeral arrangements. I have to get a class of second years to deal with Mandrakes on Monday."

"The horror," I mumbled, hiding my face in his robe. "Perhaps I'll stop by and say hello with Reg, if you don't mind. He's been asking about it."

"I'd love to see you both," Draco said, tucking his fingers under my chin and lifting it till my eyes met his. He smiled softly. "Come on. Let's go have something to drink."

Quiet moments were beginning to be something I craved often. The fire's quiet crackle in the living room, a warm glass of hot chocolate tucked between my hand and my legs draped over Draco's lap as he spoke, recounted his day in a low murmur. It was hard to not close my eyes, drift away against the leather of the couch, the warmth of the fire and the sweetness of being loved, but instead I focused on Draco's face, the steady grey of his eyes in the firelight, the shadowed contours of his face.

I wasn't sure when he noticed my staring, but eventually his lips quirked up, a small smirk as his eyes locked with mine.

"Yes, Mrs. Malfoy?" He questioned quietly, but I was already sitting up, resting back onto my knees before I leaned forward and kissed him. Glass clinked against wood as he set his mug down and this arms were wrapped around my waist. He pulled me carefully into his lap, knees braced on either side of his hips, breath hitching as his fingers found the tie of my night robe, curling over the knot but stopping just shying of loosening it.

"Not tonight," Draco said softly, lips skimming over my jaw as I hummed my agreement.

"I know," I murmured, leaning away to look at me, drawing my fingers fondly through his hair. Lowered my forehead to touch against his. "I just forgot how much I miss you during the school year."

"I know, love" he whispered, and I could feel his breath stutter as he raised his lips to my own, barely-there kisses against my skin. "Believe me, love, I know." His hands gripped tighter around my waist, head falling back against the cushion with a sigh. "Though I wish you wouldn't wear that robe. It makes it incredibly difficult to remember I require sleep."

"My deepest apologies," I said with a quiet smile, leaning forward to kiss him gently, lightly before I rose up, pulling the hem of my night robe back down to my knees as I crossed the living room to the kitchen.

 When I returned, cocoa in hand, Regulus was already curled up in Draco's side, sleepy eyes widening as I handed over the late-night treat and lowered myself to sit next to him.

"Thank you," he mumbled, rubbing at his eye with his free hand. I ruffled his dark hair fondly, curling my legs under myself.

"Of course, kid," I murmured, catching Draco's eye and smiling as Draco asked Reg how his day had been. The three year old launched into a spiel of autumn winds and coloring books and owls in Diagon Alley. 

Sleep found me somewhere after Regulus's story about playing ground-Quidditch with James, the soft lull of my husband and son's conversations still playing in my ears even as the world went black.

I woke in the morning to the sizzle of a stovetop and a three year old's hand poking gently at my face.

"Mum," a small voice prodded, "Mum, wake up. Dad's making breakfast. Crepes."

Still half-asleep I raised an eyebrow, nose crinkling as I noticed the stiffness in my neck, the awkward curl of my ankles under my body. "Is he now?"

Through bleary eyes, I watched Regulus nod, grey eyes already shining with excitement.

"With chocolate."

"With chocolate?" The enthusiasm wasn't hard to fake. I wrapped my fingers carefully over my son's ribs and lifted him up onto my hip as I rose to stand. "Let's go investigate."

"Yes," he said, nuzzling into my shoulder as I wandered from the living room, the warm sunlight that panned across the wooden floor and into the marble coolness of the kitchen. Draco stood by the stove, still in last night's clothes and was stacking a neat pile of crepes onto a plate. Without a word I grabbed a stool by the marble island, pulled Regulus into my lap as a stack of two crepes dusted themselves in powder sugar and chocolate, floated into loose rolls on a plate that scraped against the marble as it moved to sit in front of us.

I smiled at Draco as he stowed his wand back in his back pocket, and Regulus didn't bother reaching for a fork before tearing into his breakfast. 

"So we're having a bath this morning, I take it?" I mused, eyebrow raised at the chocolate already coating my son's mouth and the front of his pajamas. Breaking a piece of crepe off for myself, watched as Draco turned down the skillet and turned back to us, resting his elbows on the other side of the island.

"I was thinking we could go for a walk around the grounds this morning," he mused, using a fork to cut at his own breakfast. "The Quidditch pitch will get rusty again if we don't use it."

Regulus gasped; a soft, pleased intake of his breath, grey eyes wide on his father. "Really?"

"Finish your breakfast and we'll go," Draco promised fondly, and I wasn't sure if he was more pleased with his son's reaction or my gentle smile where I'd rested my head on Reg's head, eyeing Draco warmly. "Give your mother a morning to sleep in for once."

"I might need a bath too, actually," I murmured, nose crinkling as Regulus's chocolate-covered hand curled into my arm, trapped my hair to keep himself balanced as he sat in my lap. Draco's smile almost turned into a smirk. Almost.

"I know Narcissa dropped off some bath oils during her last visit. Floral things, all that relaxing frivolity. They're in the cupboards, if you haven't discovered them already."

"I actually forgot." The promise of warm water and lavender oils  nearly melted me off my stool. "Perhaps it's time to put them to good use while you're out playing Quidditch."

"While we're out playing Quidditch," Draco agreed almost wistfully, though he perked up when Regulus set his sticky palms face down on the marble, wide-eyed.

"I'm done," our son said. "Can we go?"

"Go change out of your pajamas, and then we'll go," Draco promised, stepping back from his half-eaten plate– and sending it to me with a flick of his wrist, a breakfast I greatly appreciated since Regulus had demolished the plate on his own.  Regulus leaned up to press a sticky kiss to my cheek before he carefully dropped himself from my lap, doing his best to hurry on bare feet across the Manor's floor and to his room.

Draco crossed the marble island, amused as he used his thumb to brush the chocolate off of my cheek.

"I love weekends," I sighed, leaning into his touch, eyes closing when his lips pressed to mine lightly. I smiled when he leant away, wrapped my fingers around his wrist to keep him fro moving too far. "Perhaps not as much as Regulus, though."

"I haven't forgotten about you," Draco murmured, tucking a strand of hair fondly behind my ear. "Molly offered to take Reg tonight. We have dinner reservations."

"Do I get to know where?" I teased, smiling when Draco leaned to kiss me once more, lips warm against the corner of my mouth.

"No," he decided finally, grey eyes sparkling with a young mischief. "Unless you really want to know."

"None of your surprises have disappointed me yet, Malfoy," I told him. He helped me off the stool, always gentle. "Be careful playing Quidditch. I only get so many days out of the hospital. I'd rather not have to go today."

"I'm twenty-eight, not eighty-four," he said. "I think I can more than handle a three-year-old who can't fly higher than six feet."

I raised an eyebrow, amused. "It's the three-year-old I'm worried about, Draco."

"In that case, I will have my eye on him at all times," my husband promised, turning into time for Regulus to come running back into the kitchen, tourers on and Weasley sweater backwards but absolutely beaming.

"I'm ready!"

"Wonderful," Draco said fondly, hesitation only as he crouched down to pick his son up. "Let's just get your shoes on the right feet first, shall we?"

*

* *

* * *

* * * *

* * * * *

Ah, the family ~feelz~. The weirdest part of this is I am now way younger than most of these characters so trying to write them as fully-fledged adults is a little intimidating. Also, children. I've never loved writing younger children, but I love lil Reg, so I'm trying to make it work.

Now, for my explanation as to why the chapter is two weeks late: first of all, just plain old my bad. I've gotten into embroidering lately as a stress-relieved(and boy does ya girl get stressed during the holidays) so that's sort of been taking over my creative space. Not all of it, but like... a lot of free time. On top of this, I also had a brief stint as a tutor. 

But most importantly, I finished the first draft of my original novel. I am so freaking grateful for all your supportive comments and encouraging words!! They've really kept me going and given me some hope for the future. So there's still going to be a lot(a lot) of editing and rewriting in my future, but... baby steps still get you places, and I have places I'm determined to be. So thank you!

Holiday season is in full swing, but I have a lot of cousins and aunts and uncles to hide from so I'm sure I'll get plenty of writing done. I also am still working on a Theo/Luna short! Sorry that's been taking so long. I've not forgotten!

Also, I watched Die Hard for the first time yesterday, and I'd be lying if I wasn't low-key rooting for Alan Rickman's character the entire time??? My bad. 

ALSO: once more, I have a twitter! You can find me and all my ramblings at lillyanbrooks . I've also casually debated starting an Instagram– long story short, whenever the Wattpad glam fades, I want to be able to stay in touch/have you all in the loop as much as possible. So if twitter works well for you, amazing! And if not, let me know and I will try and figure out another platform that works better– because I will probably not be on Wattpad forever, but I still want you to be part of whatever writing journey life takes me on. 

As always, let me know what you think by voting, commenting, or sending me a quick message– I read everything I get and reply to what I can!

Luv ya,

-Lily

(P.S Taylor Swift's new album came out in November and I am low-key LIVING for all of it. I'm sorry if you don't like her. But I literally can't choose a favorite song from this album– if I had to, I'd say Delicate or I Did Something Bad but also, all of them. All. of. them.)

( Also, New Years Day is a very drily-song, so there. There's a little peek into my writing playlist.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142 19 19
"𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓲-𝓞𝓢𝓐, 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓸-𝓢𝓐!" hermione granger is an average 11-year-old girl. or, was. on a gorgeous summer day, that would a...
797 4 46
Lily Potter is eleven years old. She has been patiently waiting for her turn to go to Hogwarts. But there are a few notches. She is a lycanthrope. Sh...
334 28 20
Allison Lily Black is an 11 year old witch starting Hogwarts School Of Witch Craft And Wizardry. When she gets there things take an un expected turn...
2.6K 44 22
Ages 13 and up Y/n is a typical girl at Hogwarts, trying to survive classes while figuring out the complexity of being the middleman of her two best...