Pennywise x Reader

By AWildBimbo

As a young, naive child, you once came across a small gutter on the side of the road. Being only a young chil... More

Prologue- The Poison of Predators
Chapter 1 (Pt. 1)- Gone but not Forgotten
Chapter 1 (Pt 2)- To Discover
Chapter 2- Old memories Die hard.
Chapter 3- Floaty Boat
Chapter 5- Promise? What Promise.
Chapter 6- Unstable
Chapter 7- Unstable (Pt2)
I MIGHT BE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL RN 😂 (FUNNY A/N)
Chapter 8- Human want? Human get.
Chapter 9- Sleeping yet Restless
Chapter 10- Hunger
Chapter 11- Face to food
Chapter 12- Face to Food (Pt. 2)
Chapter 13- Emphasis on Attempt
Chapter 14- Graffity Warns
Chapter 15- To Dance on a Childs Grave
Chapter 16- Awestruck Animal
Chapter 17- Stockholm Syndrome
Please read this x
Late Christmas Special
Broken Wrist ((On Christmas))
IM ALIVE (barely)

Chapter 4- Clown Down in Derry Town

13.9K 493 746
By AWildBimbo

[⚠️FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T CAUGHT ON YET, THIS STORY DOES TAKE PLACE YEARS AFTER THE MOVIE, SO WAY AFTER BILLY AND THE BOYS 'KILL' PENNYWISE.⚠️]

'So, ironically, you did the crazy thing by picking up your flashlight that was flickering on and off, and walking towards where you saw the creature back off.'

You tread along the passageway, trying to comprehend that you were actually doing this. Heading towards a creature that tried to kill you, for reasons you don't quite understand. It was foolish of you, but you needed to know. You needed answers to your brewing questions. What was that thing? Was it Pennywise? Where is Georgie? What exactly happened to him all those years ago when you were young kids?

You were so caught up in your own thoughts that you hadn't been looking where you were going, and for the third time today you fell and hurt yourself. You grunted, this time in frustration instead of pain, and looked down to see what had caused your misfortune this time. It was pretty surprising to you to see the hand you had found earlier by the caravan and thrown in fear. It must've been one hell of a throw, because it ended up down here.

You made an 'eww' sound as you stood up and dusted yourself off- you were just grateful that there wasn't any dirty water down here. The place was completely dry, so you guessed this was an old sewer system that was no longer used.

Anyway, you continued onwards until you came into a bigger opening again, but this time it didn't seem to lead to anywhere in particular. It was just pitch black in there, with no holes or light sources. Luckily you still had your flashlight, so you gave it a little smack to get it to stop flickering as you scanned the wide space for anything.

Then you saw it...him...her...you weren't sure, but you settled with a 'him'.

The clown. Pennywise. It was definitely him. He was wearing the same attire as he did all those years ago. A frilled golden looking costume like the old fashioned clowns used to wear in the 20s- 50s, and crazy gingery brown hair. In the light of the flashlight, you couldn't make out his face. He was slouching on the floor with his legs out in front of him, and his head was hung as if he were dead. It didn't help that he didn't move either.

Unsure of your own decisions, you choose to cautiously approach him. This felt like a dream, everything so surreal. You were seeing something that you'd only seen and idolised in your childhood as a best friend...but now you weren't so sure. Seeing him now, through the eyes of an adult, you couldn't help but feel that he was a major threat. The only reason you were approaching this...thing...was to prove yourself wrong again.

"Uh" you gulped, shinning your flashlight on him as you stood about two meters in front of his still body. "A-are you...dead?"

What a stupid question to ask.

However, it seemed to get things going, because seconds later the clown very, very slowly raised his head up towards you. His eyes were this bright orange that almost shone back against the light of your torch. He was exactly as you remembered him to be, but instead he had a lot of wounds and bruises, including the new one that was forming on his forehead where you'd thrown your light at him. You instinctively took a step back, seeing the predatory look in his eyes. One things for sure, he didn't look happy. He looked angry and even distressed.

"I-" you started, but had no idea what to say. Was he going to attack you? You were positive that it was him back there that attacked you earlier, so why was he not doing anything now? It was like he had run out of energy. You took a breath and stood up straight. "Sorry, that was a silly question" you said shakily.

Nothing was said from the clown as he hung his head back down. You gained a bit of confidence then, since he didn't seem to mind your talking, so you stepped closer to him.
"Are you...are you okay? You enquire very unsurely. You were sure you were going to break the straps of your backpack because you were squeezing them so tight.

"Come here" the clown says in a slow, steady tone. Hearing his voice again makes you feel lightheaded, unable to believe that this is actually happening. It's real.

Which is why you hesitate to go any closer. You frown as silence takes over the room, and you even get a chill down your spine. Something wasn't right. Why would he want you to come closer? To get a hug? You didn't think so. If you didn't know any better, you would say he was trying to attack you. This whole thing was just giving you bad vibes, and you thought that perhaps you weren't so wrong. Maybe...he isn't what he says he is.

But, if not then...what happened to Georgie? He was definitely down here, there's evidence right in your backpack, so what did the clown mean by 'playing' all those years ago? In all honesty, you didn't think you wanted to know.

Thinking about Georgie, you accidentally think outloud. "W-where's Georgie?" You stutter, instantly slapping your hands over your mouth. The clown suddenly lifts his head, revealing even brighter golden eyes.

"Georgie." He repeats simply, almost in an excited tone. Honestly, he seemed quite out of character from when you first met him, but you couldn't quite put your finger on why he was acting this way. "How do you know Georgie?"

"I was his friend. I-I met you years ago...at a gutter, Pennywise. Everyone thought I was crazy." You explain. He seems to completely ignore your words as he suddenly perks up.

"(Y/N)?" He says with a wicked smile. The fact that he said your name made you shiver, but not in a good way. It scared you.

Then, randomly without warning, he tries to launch himself at you. You step away in time, however he manages to grab onto your leg. You scream as he tries to trip you off balance, but he doesn't do much before you kick him hard with your other foot causing him to trowel in pain. You snatch your leg out of his grip while he was weakened and back up.

"What the hell?!" You scream as he tries to get up from the floor. He is unsuccessful though.

You turn on your heels and start running out towards where you came in, but you hear a raspy voice shout, "Wait!"

You turn around to see the clown who, just seconds ago was attacking you, was now sprawled out across the floor attempting to reach you. You stood where you were, not daring to take another step forward just yet.
"Give me one good reason why I should even trust you? You just attacked me!" You shout with a burst on confidence.

He looked up at you with the energy he had left and smiled, blood dripping from his mouth. You couldn't believe that despite everything he was still smiling. "We all gotta eat, right?" He whispers.

You give him a look of disgust. "Eat?! What're you...!" You pause, realising what he was implying. He eats humans?! And if that's true, then doesn't that mean...oh no. Georgie! He killed him!

In anger and fear you screamed "You monster!" and ran like hell. You weren't sure what you were going to do once you reached the end of the tunnel...perhaps try and climb up? But that didn't matter anyway, because as you got further and further away from the demon clown, you began to actually consider what he said.

We all gotta eat, right? He was right. You've got to eat and so does every other carbon based life form. Most of the people of the world eat meat such as chicken or beef...because that's what you eat to stay alive. So...if he has to eat people then, can you blame him? You would probably do the same thing if you were in his position, because it's probably the norm for him. Just like eating meat is the norm for most people.

So your run turned into a jog, then a walk, then it came to a stop. You called yourself crazy, but you actually felt guilty? You came into his layer, injure him and then leave him to die? Sure, he was going to eat you, but isn't that just natures food chain speaking? If a lion did it, the lion wouldn't be called evil. It was just unfortunate that Georgie was the target.

Or perhaps you were going insane. Because your reasoning sounded pretty insane. And what's even more insane is that you actually agreed with it on certain levels.

So just like that you find yourself turning around. You couldn't believe you were doing this...you were going back. But first, you needed to pick something up on the way. That arm. Even though it was digusting, once you reached it you bent over and, feeling sick, you picked it up with your bare hands. The smell was absolutely vile, and you had to hold it at arms length from your face to even make it the slightest bit bearable.

Once you made it back you walked over to the clown who was very still on the floor. You thought he had actually died for a second, but he shifted ever so slightly. You breathed out, loud enough so that he could hear your presence. He didn't even bother to look up. So you cleared your throat.

"I have something for you" you start, holding the arm out away from your face. Pennywise became curious and could smell the scent of rotting flesh, so he quickly looked up to see what was there. Once he saw what you were holding, his icy blue eyes, that you hadn't even noticed had gone blue, became that bright orange colour again.

He tried to snatch it from you with an angry growl, but you kept it away from him.
"Ah ah. Wait." You began, and the clown looked at you with furious orange eyes. You almost lost your confidence. Almost. "You're hungry, yes? Well you can have it on one condition; you don't try to hurt me in any way. I don't know why I want to help you, because you are disgusting, but I've chosen to so don't try and take advantage. If you let me help you, I can try and find you more to eat."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing out of your own mouth. Help him?! This was like agreeing to lure children into his jaws for him! Why were you doing this?? Why couldn't you just leave him die the death he deserves?

Pennywise doesn't even hesitate, he just nods his head a little and waits.

"Do you promise?" You say, uncertain that he will keep the deal.
"Yes" he says quickly, his mouth beginning to foam up. He manages to lift himself onto his backside, and he props himself up against the sewer wall for support

With slight uncertainty, you step forward and toss the arm at him, grumbling 'well, a deal is a deal' under your breath. He instantly snatches it from the air, drool dripping from his bottom lip. You really didn't want to look at what happens next, but you couldn't look away. You wanted to see but you didn't all at the same time.

Your eyes widen as you watch him bring the arm towards his mouth, which suddenly stretches freakishly wide. You could see at least 40 teeth within that mouth, and before you could even look away he chomped down on the arm and bit off nearly the entire thing in one go, crunching down effortlessly on the bones then swallowing it down in one big gulp. You cringe in disgust as you see blood fall from his mouth that had come from the arm. He then pops in the last bit in and his mouth twists back into its regular size.

The idea that that could've happened to you, and probably has happened to so many other people is a scary thought.

"Better?" You question.

He looks up at you with a sinister smile. "It filled a gap...but I prefer my food fresh"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 1.1K 17
Finally the house was ready. All renovated, painted walls, furnished and tidy. The only thing left was to cover the well in the basement, but that sh...
252 126 22
A clown actually makes children laugh. But not in Derry, Maine, where a group of outsiders experience their worst nightmares. Together they must over...
484K 10.8K 22
You wake up in an unfamiliar place. Your cold, confused and scared. What you didn't know was that someone else has caught onto you, and is hungry for...
1M 45.2K 34
One single night can change your life forever. For the young woman who decided to walk into an alleyway in search of a child's cry for help, it left...