There's a Thin Line Between L...

By brxanna

Jesse has never been great with words, especially when it came to the girl who stole his heart the second the... More

Jesse's POV (1)
Jesse's POV (2)
Jesse's POV (3)
Jesse's POV (4)
Jesse's POV (5)
Jesse's POV (6)
Jesse's POV (7)
Jesse's POV (8)
Jesse's POV (9)
Jesse's POV (10)
Jesse's POV (11)
Jesse's POV (12)
Jesse's POV (13)
Jesse's POV (14)
Jesse's POV (15)
Jesse's POV (16)
Jesse's POV (18)
Jesse's POV (19)
Jesse's POV (20)
Jesse's POV (21)
Jesse's POV (22)
Jesse's POV (23)
Jesse's POV (24)
Jesse's POV (25)
Jesse's POV (26)
Jesse's POV (27)
Jesse's POV (28)
Jesse's POV (29)
Jesse's POV (30)
Jesse's POV (31)
Jesse's POV (33)
Jesse's POV (34)
Jesse's POV (35)
Jesse's POV (36)
Jesse's POV (37)
Jesse's POV (38)
Jesse's POV (42)
Jesse's POV (43)
Jesse's POV (44)
Jesse's POV (45)
Jesse's POV (Epilogue)

Jesse's POV (32)

8.1K 236 12
By brxanna

Alex drove us to the hospital because I was still too shaken up to do it myself. We waited for the news, and soon heard that Jordan was in a coma. She was allowed visitors after they confirmed what condition she was in, but only one person could be in the room at a time. Her doctor said that she could wake up in days, weeks, or months. There was no confirmation, which made me restless.

Still, I sat in her room, waiting for her eyes to open and her lips to curve up at the edges. The chair I sat in was uncomfortable after a few hours, but it gave me a lot of time to think.

I had to do something about Hunter. I wasn't sure what yet, but I refused to sit around, waiting for his next attack. Someone would always be getting hurt, and I could end it. Simple. 

Her friends tried to visit her, but none of them could get in due to the one visitor rule. None of them knew it was me, and I was thankful for that.

Alex tried getting me to get up to go back to camp and shower, but I refused. I couldn't leave Jordan's side. I wanted to be there when she woke up, but I knew that she could not wake up for days, weeks even. Soon enough, I was forced to get up when Alex told me to go and get something to eat. I hadn't even noticed how little I had eaten, because the guilt I was feeling seemed to cover it up pretty well.

Either way, I was walking around the hospital, trying to find something to eat. All I really wanted was to sit back down in the chair and wait for Jordan to wake up, but sooner or later I'd starve to death. At this point, I wouldn't care much if I did.

I walked into the hospital cafeteria, letting out a breath of air as I looked to the food items, trying to find something I'd want to eat. The thing was, I didn't think my stomach could handle any food. Before I could settle on something, Alex almost ran through the doors of the cafeteria.

"Jordan," he sighed, making my eyes widen. I ran straight out the doors, not caring about the food anymore. I jogged right through the hospital and up to her door. I was ready to swing open the door and run in, but Alex stopped me before I could do so.

He opened the door slowly, as I held my breath. Alex put a hand on my shoulder. "She's pretty fragile, Jess," he said to me with a sigh. "She can barely even move without everything hurting. I don't even think she can open her eyes for a decent amount of time because it hurts."

I walked over, placing a hand against her cheek. The chair I was sitting on earlier was too far away from her bed, so I dragged it over. It scraped against the floor, and I sat down. My hand continued to stroke her cheek. Jordan weakly reached up and grabbed onto my hand, holding it as tight as she could. I smiled when I saw that she was awake. 

"It's all my fault," was the first thing Jordan said. Her voice sounded rough, and I wanted to hold her close to me.

"What's all your fault?" I couldn't help but ask, brushing my hand over hers.

"Alexandria," Jordan croaked. "She died... because of me."

"No, Jordan," I shook my head, lowering it slightly. "None of this was your fault. Everything is my fault, okay? I'm the one that got you dragged into this. This is all my fault."

"I said hi... to Alexandria," Jordan began slowly, not wanting to hurt herself further. "At the park... the day before this all happened."

"It's not your fault," I repeated with a stern voice. None of this was Jordan's fault.

"How long have I been out?" Jordan asked, changing the topic.

"Three weeks," Alex said from the couch on the side of the room. Jordan's eyes widened as her jaw dropped.

"Stop messing with her," I snapped at him before turning back to Jordan. "It's only been three days, Jordan."

"Okay, that's good... I thought I really missed the last three weeks of school..." She barely nodded.

Alex laughed from the other side of the room. "That would suck if you did."

"What's wrong with me?" Jordan asked, keeping her eyes shut. "What did Hunter do to me?"

"You have three cracked ribs, but those'll heal quickly," I informed her, stroking her bruised arm. "Thank God that you don't have any brain damage or something wrong with your skull. One more blow to the head, and you wouldn't be here right now."

"Jordan, I'm going to ask you something and you have to tell me the truth, okay?" I asked, not removing my hand from her arm. I had to ask her now, because the thought still made me furious. "Don't just lie because you're embarrassed or because you're afraid of how I'll react."

She tried to nod, but it still looked like it was hurting her. "Okay."

I sighed. "Did he... touch you at all?"

"No," Jordan answered, shaking her head a little. "He just... kissed me. That's all. He ripped up my clothes because he wanted you to think what you're thinking. He wanted to get you angry."

"Well, it worked," I grumbled under my breath, not expecting her to hear. Jordan's eyes opened, and they widened as she looked me over. I had been sitting in her room for days, so I knew that I did not look fantastic. What she said next took me by surprise.

"Jesse," she breathed, closing her eyes once again. "Kiss me."

"Whoa," Alex said before I could say or do anything. "Don't get all sexual when I'm still in the room. You can barely even move anyway, so I don't really think you can do much..."

Jordan made a face, and I knew she'd say something if it didn't hurt so much.

"Shut up, Alex," I turned toward him with a scowl. My face was heating up, and I just hoped that it wasn't too visible.

"Oh, come on," he continued, making me want to hit him. "You two must have done it already, right? Why be so secretive about it with the only person that knows about your relationship?"

"Because we haven't done it yet," I told him through clenched teeth. Alex's eyes widened.

"Oh..." He said. "That's surprising."

"How is it surprising?" I snapped, feeling myself turning redder. I was embarrassed, but I couldn't imagine what Jordan was feeling. She wasn't saying anything, but her facial expressions were giving away a lot.

Alex thought about it for a moment, turning to me with a small smile. "Well, you guys are always all over each other whenever I see you. You can't even keep your hands off each other. So I just thought, since you guys are alone in Cabin B all the time, that you two have done it before. I bet half the camp already thinks you're doing it just by the way you act!"

"And how to we act?" I'll admit I was curious, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"All cutesy," Alex replied with a high voice. "Like you guys are just acting like you're enemies. Sure, it was realistic when it was actually real–for Jordan, at least–but now it's obvious that you're sleeping together."

"We're not sleeping together!" Jordan managed to shout, caressing her jaw soon after. She looked embarrassed about the entire topic, and I wouldn't blame her. I was blushing as well. Why did Alex have to bring it up?

"Can you please just kiss me?" Jordan begged. "I haven't been able to kiss you in forever."

Honestly, I wanted nothing more than to kiss her. But I was worried that I'd injure her in one way or another, and I've hurt her enough already.

"You were unconscious," Alex replied before I could answer for myself. "It was probably only like two seconds for you."

I rolled my eyes at his comment, leaning over and pressing my lips against hers softly. Her lips were rough, but I never wanted to pull away. All I wanted to do was kiss her. Unfortunately, Alex clearing his throat had to interrupt. I pulled away, shooting him a glare.

"Don't take advantage of the unhealthy," he sung, making Jordan roll or eyes. Or, she tried. Seeing her cut and bruised made me feel horrible, even though she was alive. It was all my fault.

Alex continued talking, even though I was positive both Jordan and I wanted him to leave. "I wouldn't like to see a make out session between a horribly bruised girl who almost died and a guy who looks like he's been living on the street his entire life."

"So loving," Jordan mumbled, and Alex simply waved.

"I'm not sure how long you're going to be here for, but your friends are probably going to come and visit you tomorrow," I informed her, stroking her hand again. It seemed to be the only part of her body I could touch without hurting her. "They've all been going crazy about you. They believe the story we told the police, but I hate that we're lying to everyone."

"So do I," Alex agreed, turning himself around on the couch. "But telling them about Hunter would do no good. He'd get out in a couple of weeks after all three of us die."

"What about my family?" Jordan ignored Alex's comment, rubbing her eye. "Are they coming from California?"

"As quickly as they can," I assured, patting her hand. "Your brother is coming, too."

"My brother?" Jordan asked, as if she hadn't heard me correctly. "But he's been studying abroad in Europe for the last two years."

I shrugged, remembering what I was told. "I guess he wants to know if his little sister's okay. We're kind of on the news right now, which isn't exactly a good thing. If Hunter sees it, he'll probably think something's up because we didn't turn him in. He'll probably think we're planning something against him, which we are. But remember, you were supposedly kidnapped and almost murdered. They don't know that you willingly walked into that warehouse to save Alexandria. And they can't know that until we have a way to catch Hunter."

"I hope it's soon," Jordan groaned, and I watched as her fingers clenched a little while I held her hand. "I want that bastard behind bars."

"So do I, Jordan," I sighed, patting her hand once more. "So do I..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 229 25
=Enemies-to-Lovers= >Is there really a thin line between love and hate? If yes, how thin is the line? And what does it takes to break it?< As been p...
416K 15.5K 41
I let him in; I gave into my urges and loved him in every complete shape and form. His blonde locks as I ran my hands through them, his mesmerizing b...
227K 12.8K 55
Jordan Santos' life has never been easy and to her as the years went by it seemed to get harder and harder. She lost faith in people and life to the...
454K 13.2K 37
๐™€๐™‘๐™€๐™ ๐™Ž๐™„๐™‰๐˜พ๐™€ Harven Aller stole her soccer ball as children, Emery has sworn to hate him. Now, as petty as that sounds, He never apologized. H...