The Glorious Triumph - Previo...

By emy1999

Grey Carson is South Portland High School's nerd and outcast, bullied by everyone. Caster is the anonymous un... More

The Glorious Triumph
~The Characters~
1: Daily Life
2: Ass Was Served
3: Snooper Trooper
4: Hump Day
5: One Secret Down
6: Damn Aunt Danielle
7: This Is How I Roll
8: Psychic Aunts
9: Run Boys
10: Fight Night Part One
11: Fight Night Part Two
12: Alive
13: Televised
14: Hoping For The Win
15: Homecoming
16: Falling Into Place
17: Grey Space
18: Separation
20: Eternal Slumber
21: Upon Arrival
22: Questions And Known Answers
23: What Family Should Be
24: Going Through The Motions
25: Confessions
26: Crunch Time
27: The Run Down
28: Even On Break It's Not Break
29: Incomplete
30: A Hopeful Start

19: Not Gordon Ramsey

6.5K 192 36
By emy1999

Grey's POV

~~~

"So we're going to see Gordon Ramsey?" Kevin asked confused.

"No, we're going to Ramsey, where a lot of workers from New York City live. Nice suburb," Gina informs him.

"Ohh."

"Yeah, can you guys go bring your things to the car?" I ask them once they're holding their luggage.

"Sure thing," Kevin responds, leading Gina and sleepy Kyle out of the airport to the car rental.

"Why can I not hear?" Tristan asks loudly poking his ears. 

I chuckle, "Never flown before?"

He shakes his head, "My mom has a fear of planes. So do I now. No one told me it would make me go deaf."

I laugh turning him to stop and face me. "Copy me." I put my hand to my nose squeezing it tightly, not letting air in or out, forcing me to breathe through my mouth. I wait until he copies me before continuing. I inhale deeply and so does Tristan and I blow out with my mouth, keeping it closed. As he copies me, his eyes widen.

"Whoa, what. My ears just popped!" he says bewildered.

"Yep," I say casually as I grab my small suitcase from our assistant from the plane. Not sure what to call him but he was like a stewardess but for luggage. The name seems to be escaping me.

"How did you learn to do that?"

"You'd be surprised on how bored one person can be," I smirk proudly.

Tristan's suitcase finally is returned to him and we walk out. "Oh I can believe that."

"Porter!" I shout excitedly, remembering the title for the man assisting with our luggage.

"Porter? What are you talking about?" Tristan asks confused.

"Never mind, I remembered something and got way too excited about it."

"I can see that," he smiled.

We met the others at the airport's exit, waiting by our rental car, a beautiful BMW X6 xDrive50i. Paint was a classic metallic Mineral White; tires were 20" light alloy V-Spoke wheels, style 597 from what I can tell; the upholstery was a lovely taupe extended merino leather; the trim inside was a unique fineline pure textured wood; and with a bunch of added hidden features, the car was at least around the $110,000 area. What a beauty.

Tristan snaps his fingers and I am released from my trance. "You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just a pretty car," I say silently in awe. Tristan laughs shaking his head.

Kevin grabs my suitcase as well as Tristan's. "Grey."

"Hm?" I turn to him.

"You know where you're going, you're driving," He drops the keys into my hands. "Don't enjoy it too much-"

"Weeeeeee" I sprint into the driver's seat, adjust my seat and mirrors, and start the car before they even open the other doors. I bouncing up and down giddily in my seat, excited to rev the engine.

"Kevin, I think you should've just Google Mapped the directions to get there. I'm not sure as to how I feel about this," Kyle admits. Tristan sat in the passenger seat, and from left-to-right in the back was Kevin, Gina, Kyle. 

I hear Kevin gulp slightly, "Yeah, probably. I didn't think she would be this excited."

Kyle leans forward to get a better glare at Kevin, "You don't think, after a private jet just flew us to New Jersey, and there is a BMW waiting for us, and the fact that this is a free skip day, that she would be terrifyingly excited? Do you know her well enough? She thinks cars are just mechanical humming babies!"

Gina's eyes widen, "Wait, we're gonna die, aren't we?"

Kevin holds Gina's hand, "Yes we are."

"No!" she takes his hand away from his quickly. "You're the reason we are going to die! Don't touch me."

Tristan clears his throat. "Guys," his voice full of logic and reasoning. "Grey wouldn't kill-"

I revved the engine, feeling my seat vibrate sending a chill down my spine. The car was an 8 speed automatic, but the manual shifting mode made me grin. And I was gone, out of Teterboro Airport to Ramsey, NJ. I hit 0-60 mph in about 4 seconds. The screams of my friends only fueled my fire and sent me to bring the car close to its top speed. I cruised on the highway at a steady 150 mph. I made the expected 30 minute ride to the Royer home to be less than half that, only 12 minutes.

~~~

I slide out of the lovely hatch-back and close the door. Ella's parents lived in a cute townhouse, 831 Roanoke Court. I start up brick steps but pause looking back. No one has left the car yet. I sigh and open the back right door, where Kyle sat. 

"Guys?"

"You did try to kill us," someone groaned in agony. I raised an eyebrow, not knowing who actually said it.

"Huh?" 

Kyle slowly slides out, his tanned face now pale and his eyes look dead. He grabs the keys to the car from my hand. "Never, will we let you do that to us, again."

I pout, about to argue when I hear a familiar sweet voice. "Grey?"

I look up the stairs and there was Mrs. Royer, Ms. Michelle Royer. Sweetest woman to ever live. Her long brown hair bounced as she ran down the steps, bringing me into a tight hug. She was still tall, about 5'8". 

"Michelle, who is it?" Mr. Thomas Royer walked outside shortly after his wife. His eyes look astonished as he joined, hugging both me and his wife.

It was nice to seem them again after these past months. Mr. Royer was tall, easily 6'4". I always found it kinda funny how short Ella was when her whole family, even the women, often hit 6 feet.

"Hey, Royers," I smiled as we pulled away from each other. "I hope I didn't intrude.."

"No, of course not! William gave us a heads up already. I just didn't expect it to be this soon," she chuckled. "But then again, seeing this car and knowing you, I should be surprised if you didn't get a speeding ticket."

I blushed, "Yeah... I guess you're right about that."

"Why did you guys let her drive?" Thomas Royer laughed..

Kyle, Tristan, and Gina, all glared at Kevin with an evil fire and twitch in their eye. Kevin hanged his head miserably and the three others sighed. "His mistake."

Thomas smiled, finding the whole thing to be pretty humorous. So did I honestly. "Well come in, leave your stuff in the car. Perfect timing for dinner."

"Good thing Parker wasn't here," Kyle chuckled to himself. The comment made me smile as we went into their townhouse.

The kitchen was long and traditional and very  well kept, no surprise as recall memories of when I visited Ella's house. Hardwood and tile floors throughout the house. The living room was fairly large and had plenty of seating, and the small porch over looking their non-existent yard. If I came over the summer I would go for a swim in their public pool, honestly, I could go for a swim now when it's only 62 degrees. Back home, we're already hitting the 40s. I love it but most people don't.

At the dining room table, It was already set up for the seven of us all. I look at the food as Michelle announces it proudly.

"So, I don't know what y'all like, but I made a few of Ella's and Grey's favorite dishes. I have some BBQ pork loin, white rice, broccoli, grilled salmon -that one was tricky to get-, some mashed potatoes, and peas. Oh! Almost forgot, I picked up some Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Pepsi, and I have some water if you would like that instead." Michelle really went all out. I smiled as we took our seats. 

Gina sat to my left, and Thomas sat to my right. Across from me was Tristan, across from Gina was Kevin. I keep catching them looking at each other when one of them doesn't notice. I smile knowingly. OOOOOOOOOO, Look at 'em cuties. 

We serve ourselves, and I get one spoonful or one piece of everything on that table. Michelle's cooking was always superb. Especially compared to my mom and dad's cooking, if they even cooked.

I take one bite into the salmon and it begins melting in my mouth. I close my eyes in bliss. I open them to notice Kyle's puzzled expression. 

"Um, Mr. and Mrs. Royer, where is Ella?"

"Oh-"

"We were going to visit her tomorrow," I cut off Thomas and he sighs, understanding my intentions. Kyle didn't know. The other's got the hint or knew. Gina transferred this year so she doesn't really know either. Kyle only doesn't know because him and his friend, Ryan, were never in school. Like at all. Parker was there all four years, except he never seemed to actually 'be there' if that's understandable. I don't remember ever hearing Parker talk or even look like he was paying attention in class. Who knows.

Dinner continued, which included me devouring more salmon and the white rice. I can't help it, I really love rice, can't go wrong with it. I think the two soccer boys and myself happened to eat the most. Gina was practically full after half a serving. Weak!

Dessert was chocolate cake, but not any normal chocolate cake, but the Royer one. This cake had an oreo and fudge base, stacked with moist chocolate cake and layers of chocolate pudding. The top was light, freshly made whipped cream. Needless to say, I devoured three slices of that as well. It's a cheat day, and besides, dessert goes to the heart, not the stomach.

"So, Grey, where are you staying?" Michelle asked before taking a small bite out of her delicious cake. 

"I'm not sure, ask one of them. This trip was a surprise," I smiled.

"We were staying at the Park Ridge Marriot, I think," Kevin chimes in after shoving a bite of the cake in his mouth, chewing it quietly.

"Ah, nice place. Expensive, but no surprise."

"How expensive?"

Thomas adds into the conversation, "I've had a few business meetings there, and some of my customers stay there. It's easily $300a night for one room to fit 3 of you."

"$300?" Wow, Will really is spoiling us. I feel so special now. 

"Yeah, Will is giving you guys a treat," Thomas grins.

"So you know Will?" Kyle asked surprised.

"I knew is dad quite well actually. Went to college with him. His father, Robert Rand, is a brilliant man."

Sometimes, I actually forget Will has a dad. I met Rob Rand a few times. Not too much, he never really approved of his son's work. But I suppose after a very successful business, modeling for years, acting in a few films, and being one of the best for karate, the money ended up being good enough to prove his father wrong. You go, Willy Billy. 

"So you knew Will as a kid too?"

"Of course, that kid was as violent and reckless as they come. I remember when Rob would call me and ask parental advice. Can you believe that? I grown man like him asking me, who didn't even have a kid yet. Will would often be here even. Kinda like my son. Will would talk to me much more than he did with his own dad. It was sad to think that I probably heard more stories in that boy's life from one day at school than Rob ever did."

"Really?" Gina tilts her head.

"Yeah, Rob was a busy man, and a man that had a kid too young."

"What about Will's mom? I've never heard anything about her," Kyle asked wondering more about the man who sent us here.

"Will's mother, Georgia, had died during childbirth. Tragic. I remember when I was at the hospital too, waiting with Rob after he was forced out by the doctors. Something was wrong, and he knew it. She was a young girl, who was just starting to get into medical school." Thomas exhales deeply at the memory.

"You knew her too?" Kevin adds to the questions.

"Yes, she was a sweetheart and the life of the party. Will definitely got her smile," Thomas closed his eyes lost in thought. "I didn't have Ella until I was 30, by then Will was already 12 years old, starting up middle school. Boy did he have even more fights. That's when his dad finally got him into karate lessons. He was a lot later to start than most kids, but he picked it up. Easier than should be possible. Little prodigy."

"Why don't we hear about Will's dad?"

"Well, Rob distanced himself a lot more from him, sending Will to a boarding school, Kents Hill School. Almost $60,000 a year to attend. Rob stayed in New York City a lot more after that. I would see the two of them together only on Christmas."

"Children," Michelle interrupts. "Shouldn't you just ask Will this yourself?"

"But it's Will?" Kyle raises an eyebrow. Honestly fair point. William Rand was never one to talk about his past. Even with me. I only heard bits and pieces. this is interesting to know.

"Hun, don't worry. Will hates his father almost as you hate that raccoon," Thomas waved his hand.

Michelle stiffens, "That raccoon is making a mess of everything and he-"

"Yes, Michelle, I know. you inform me every night when you hear him, dearest."

"Okay, okay, continue then," Michelle crossed her arms muttering about animal control.

"So, what about Yenna?" Kevin asked.

"Yenna Concord. Haven't met her more than twice. Always a nice girl. Her mom was Georgia's sister's daughter. Georgia's sister, Judy, had lived up in Maine as well. That was probably the reason Rob sent Will to school there. Yenna and Will went to school together, even though they were 4 years apart in age, they were very close."

"Still are," Gina and I reply at the same time. We smile at each other and Thomas looks relieved.

"I'm glad. That kid really needed some family he could rely on. Not to be offensive to Robert, but he could've been there more for his only son. Lord knows I was with Ella," he forces a laugh.

We talk more about Thomas and Robert's relationship and a few other things, like how he and Michelle met. Truly a cute story, one that I want to tell again one day. But hopefully, it would be mine.

I finally look at the time -10:34- and stand, "Thanks, Michelle and Tom, but we should get going to the hotel. We can pop back sometime tomorrow before we head back to Maine."

Michelle hugs me once more, "Of course, and if you ever get the chance, please feel free to come down more. I don't know where you're thinking for school, but if you ever happen to apply near by-"

"I'll definitely let you give me a tour," I finish her sentence. She had said her and Tom would give Ella and I tours of college because who needs a tour guide? Not like they know about specific things within the college....

Gina, Kyle, Kevin, and Tristan made it blatantly obvious that I wasn't going to drive again, I sat in the passenger seat and sulked, not getting to shift the gears. Instead, Tristan was given the keys. He sunk into the leather seats, adjusting the mirrors and the seat to his personal preference, and started the car. Gina gave him her phone with the directions to the hotel. Tristan's slow legal driving annoyed me slightly but I kept my mouth shut, not wanting any back talk from my friends. The radio didn't have anything good on. At all. So I turned back to look at Kevin and I smirk.

"What? I don't trust your thoughts," he answers quickly.

I roll my eyes, "No dumby, lets sing!"

"Oo, okay what?"

"Sing 'The Man' one of The Killers' new song," Gina suggests. And so we did. We burst into song together dramatically flailing our arms out to one another. Too bad we only got to sing for around four minutes until we got to the hotel. It was pretty nice. We got out and signed in, getting out our luggage from the car, giving the valet the keys. 

I saw the excitement in the young boy's eyes. And I glared hard, "Don't hurt my baby."

The valet carefully drives away in fear. I smile proudly and go to the elevator to the 4th floor. We have 2 rooms, and 2 queen sized beds in each. Yet here wee are, all five of us. Sleeping arrangements?

"I'll get a room alone, you guys can suffer together," Kyle tries to take the room card from me but I swing my arm away.

"You wish." He rolls his eyes at my dramatics.

"So how are we going to do this?" Tristan asks.

"Um, I mean we could have Grey have her own bed, give her that at least. Her trip," Gina speaks quietly, and once for only a few times tonight.

"Agreed, that makes sense," Kevin nods. 

I look at the others and go to one of the rooms, dropping the room keys in between them after opening the door to one of them. "Okay,I'll get ready for bed. You guys figure it out yourselves. And don't forget to set an alarm for 9 am so we can get breakfast!"

I close the door not waiting for a response. I go to each bed, determining which one I should pick. I choose the one farthest from the room door and I begin to unpack my bag, looking for my PJs. I guess Yenna forgot that part. I took out the sports bra and shorts that were packed and start to undress. I take off my pants and undies, putting them in the suitcase neatly, after sliding into a new thong and the shorts. I take off my top and bra, putting them in the suitcase as well. Struggling slightly to get the sports bra on, I don't hear the door unlock and open. I didn't even notice someone inhale sharply, but what I did notice, was Tristan staring at my body in awe as I turned back around.

"Tristan!" I shriek and jump over the bed, hiding on the other side embarrassed.

"I'm s-sorry Grey. I'm just gonna go uh-shower. Gonna take a cold shower," Tristan stammers as he drops his small suitcase in the middle of the room and bursts into the bathroom.

I hear the water to the shower turn on right away. I slip under the covers to the bed, feeling the redness in my cheeks. Do people not know how to knock?

I curl up into a ball, going on my phone one last time before getting some needed rest.

★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★

Published October 12th, 2017. 3110 words.

New Chapter! Vote and don't forget to comment what you thought!

Also have some new FC for characters mentioned...

Amanda Peet as Michelle Royer
Josh Duhamel as Thomas Royer
Robert Downey Jr as Robert Rand 
 Margot Robbie as Georgia Wilson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.9K 24
Meredith Skye and Alec alescio. Two completely different people While Alec was busy being spoiled by his family, Meredith had to fight for her life. ...
17.1K 2.5K 45
Meet Sophia Williams, a typical good girl with good grades, good looks, and good at almost everything. A girl who hides so many secrets behind that s...
244K 12.7K 42
Nico Chavez doesn't get lucky breaks. He's from the roughest part of Boston and has been dealt a shitty hand. With two younger sisters to care for an...
2.4M 71K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...