For the Future, I Wish to Cha...

By SarcasticKitsune

The remains of the Fourth Shinobi War are three people. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. They are the only ones lef... More

WHAT NOW?
WE MADE IT!
THE HERO ALWAYS ARRIVES LATE! AND THREE MAKES IT TRIPLE TIMES LATE!
MISSION: RESCUE RIN
OCTOBER 10th
THE NEW UCHIHA
TEAM MINATO AND TEAM 7
PERVERT IS GETTING PUNISHED? GUESS THAT MEANS WE HAVE OBITO-SENSEI INSTEAD. . .
TEMPER TANTRUMS AND GRAVITY SEALS
C-RANK? PLEASE, STOP FOOLING WITH US
ARRIVAL IN WAVE
BATTLE ON THE BRIDGE
DEALING WITH AN ANGRY GRANNY AND TRAINING FOR THE CHUUNIN EXAMS
CHUUNIN EXAMS - COMMENCE!
THE SAND AND SOUND INVASION
THE TRUTH COMES OUT
OVERLOOKING
WE MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN ONE TEENSY-WEENY LITTLE THREAT. . .
A BROKEN PROMISE
STOP MAKING MY NON-EXISTENT LOVE LIFE EXISTENT!
NOW I UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF "OHANA"
IF IT'S JUST ONE PERSON'S BIRTHDAY, WHY DO WE GET STUFF TOO?
TO SAVE THEM ALL
RETRIEVALS NEVER GO WITHOUT DRAMA
I CAN'T GET A SINGLE MINUTE OF REST CAN I? AKATSUKI BATTLE NUMBER 2!
SAKI AND PANDA-CHAN? OH HELL NO!
CRYPTIC FOXES AND CONFUSING ANSWERS
QUICK QUESTION. . .
THE LEAF LEGION SUMMIT
RUMOURS AND EXPLANATIONS
PEACE. . . FOR A WHILE AT LEAST
NEW FRIENDS AND THE SADISTIC SIDE OF TEAM 7
TEAM HEBI COMPLETE!
CANCELLED TORTURE = RETURNING HOME
THE PAIN MANIAC
JUST ANOTHER DAY WITH A NICE SURPRISE
INTERROGATION
INTERROGATION - INO YAMANAKA
BATTLE OF THE HAIRSTYLES
EXPLANATIONS ARE A DRAG. . .
MEDDLING WITH LOVE LIFE NO. 2!
TWO NEW LIVES HAVE BEEN BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD
THE SHIP CARRYING 7 AND 9 HAS FINALLY SAILED
AT LONG LAST. . .
Q & A

THE MOB OF FIVE-(AND SIX)-YEAR OLDS

17K 635 511
By SarcasticKitsune

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

So, what did you think with Yahiko turning to the dark side? Do you want him to, or should it be a brief period of darkness? Should he be the main villain?

Why do you think Yahiko is angry? 1. He is possessed/controlled

2. He's just feeling betrayed

Another question/poll:

- YahiKonan

- KoTachi

"So," Naruto said softly, landing beside Nagato. "That was unexpected."

Nagato shook his head. "He was always the cheerful, happy-go-lucky one, even as a child. I don't understand why he's turned to the dark side."

"Either he's feeling deep betrayal, or he's just being used by Madara," Sasuke voiced out his thoughts.

"That bastard," Nagato growled lowly, clenching his hands into fists.

Konan was standing a ways away from them, gazing unblinkingly at the spot where Yahiko once stood, before he had vanished in a fit of rage.

Konan closed her amber eyes, allowing her thoughts to wonder. What would happen now?

"Konan."

The blue-haired woman opened her eyes and turned to see Nagato. His purple eyes held regret in them, and Konan knew he must be blaming himself.

Quietly walking over, Konan placed a hand on his shoulder. "It is not your fault."

Nagato's eyes widened and he opened his mouth to protest. Konan quickly cut him off before he could say anything.

"It was not your fault. Yahiko simply perceived our actions as an act of betrayal. He did not see what we were seeing, he did not understand why we were leaving him after the many years of staying together. Please do not blame yourself."

Nagato's eyes were shadowed by his bangs. "But if only I -"

"Nagato, enough. The choice was Yahiko's. He could've stayed with the light, as we had somewhat foolishly expected, or he could've strayed and fall prey to the dark. Nothing either of us could do would change his decision."

But Konan did not truly believe her words. She felt sure that maybe, just maybe, if she had let Nagato go to Konoha himself as they had planned originally, and she stayed with Yahiko, things would've turned out differently.

"Maybe we could get him back?" Nagato said hopefully. "He can't be too far into the darkness. . . maybe his child self can balance him out? Maybe he's being controlled by Madara, like Naruto said! Maybe -"

The look in Konan's eyes made him stop rambling.

"Nagato, Konan."

The two former Akatsuki members turned. Naruto, his brother and Sakura were standing there with their backs to them to allow them some privacy as they tried to accept what just happened.

"Let's go."

Two words. Two words was the only thing it took to make reality crash onto the redhead and bluenette.

They made their choice.

Yahiko made his.

There was no turning back now.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Naruto slightly elbowed Sasuke. The two looked back at the silent Rain ninja, who were following them.

"Ne," the blonde started lowly, "we should start restoring the memory of the Leaf Legion. Your eyes are fine, right?"

Sasuke nodded his head slowly. "My vision is fine. My eyes don't ache. . . no wait, just a second. My left eye. It's hurting. Why isn't my right eye?" he asked in confusion.

Naruto closed his eyes momentarily, conversing with the fox. A moment later, his eyes opened. "Kurama says it's because of your Rinnegan. It will come out sooner or later."

Sasuke cursed. "Great, what will my family say when they find out I have the Rinnegan all of a sudden?"

Naruto shrugged. "Put a genjutsu on it?"

Sasuke facepalmed at his own ignorance while Sakura came between them.

"What are we talking about, boys?"

Naruto turned to her, azure blue eyes sparkling. "How would you like to get reunited with our five-year-old friends?"

"Six," Sasuke corrected. "You're the only five-year-old."

"Yes, no need to remind me of that," Naruto rolled his eyes. "Why is it that I was born later than all the other Leaf Legion?"

"Oh yeah. . . when did you name them the Leaf Legion?" Sakura demanded. "And why?"

Naruto shrugged. "Leaf Legion sounds better than Konoha 12, and I am pretty sure I already told you this, didn't I?"

Sakura shrugged. "Bad memory?"

Naruto raised an eyebrow but said nothing more, watching Sasuke as he tentatively touched the skin beneath his left eye. Naruto blinked when he saw the shimmer of a Rinnegan eye replacing the onyx black, showing up momentarily.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

"Who's first?" Sakura asked. Kakashi had taken Nagato and Konan to the Hokage Tower, and left them to their. . . plans.

"We go to the left, we find the Hyuuga Compound. We go to the right, we find the Inuzuka Compound. You choose," Sasuke said, him and Sakura looking at Naruto.

"Wha. . . why are you looking at me? I'm not the brainy one," Naruto said in confusion.

"No, but you make all the decisions. Think of this as a battle strategy, or a seal. What would be the quickest, most efficient way to finish it successfully?" Sakura said helpfully.

Naruto frowned, thinking. Quick and efficient. . . the Hyuuga could spot the other kids quickly, but the Inuzuka could sniff them out. But then, there were two Hyuuga's in the Compound. Two birds with one stone.

"To the left," Naruto said firmly.

At his word, the three dashed off, darting inside the Compound before anyone could notice or stop them, Sasuke and Naruto splitting off to find Neji and Sakura running to search for Hinata.

A moment later, with Kurama's tracking skills, they found a seven-year-old Neji in the training ground. Naruto tackled him to the ground and pinned him down, Sasuke somehow forcing him to open his eyes as he was very uncooperative.

(Neji is a year older than the Leaf Legion right?)

Eventually they accomplished their "mission", and they rushed off a somewhat dazed Neji after Sakura sent them her location via telepathy. Sakura stopped Naruto from coming in case he made Hinata faint, and Sasuke quickly grabbed her shoulders and stared right into her eyes.

"And there's the Hyuuga done," Sasuke grinned, his breathing slightly heavy.

Hinata smiled sweetly at Naruto as Neji rounded the corner, bumping into the blonde.

"Who's next?" he demanded, almost as if he was reading their minds. Everyone looked to Naruto, who was already thinking.

"Inuzuka is nearby. But after he's done, we can either find the Aburame or we can go to the Yamanaka. Considering we don't have a very clear idea of the others' location. . . we'll go to Aburame Compound after the Inuzuka," Naruto said, nodding to himself before running off, not waiting for the four kids to catch up to him.

Hinata, feeling her future confidence come back, ran past Naruto and tackled her teammate to the ground, accidentally knocking Akamaru off his head.

"KIBA!"

"Whoa!" the boy cried in astonishment. Why was this pretty Hyuuga tackling him to the ground? How did she even know his name?

"Good job Hinata! Sasuke, hurry up!"

Kiba saw a boy with abnormally bright hair running up to them, a pink-haired girl and Uchiha following him as a older Hyuuga ran beside them. What was going on?! How did a boring walk become. . . actually, there were no words for this. His walk was interrupted by a Hyuuga heiress, another Hyuuga, an Uchiha and two kids with weird hair colours?

"Hold still Inuzuka," the Uchiha said gruffly before Kiba found himself caught up in the hypnotizing eyes.

A moment later Kiba, who was still on the floor, shot up and hit his head on Sasuke's. The Uchiha boy cried out and stumbled back, clutching his forehead. The cause of his pain didn't notice as he lunged at Hinata, locking her lips into a fierce kiss.

(*ducks behind a desk* Please don't kill me! You voted them all for single and I recently got introduced to the idea of Hinata and Kiba. I have to say it's kind of cute. . . PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!)

Kiba quickly broke away, remembering Neji's presence, leaving a slightly dazed girl.

"Who's next?" He asked excitedly.

"Shino," was the one word from his blonde Hokage that made him immediately race out to the Aburame Compound, intent on finding his last remaining teammate.

Shrugging, the group of people started hurrying after him. When they arrived at the Aburame Compound, they found bugs buzzing happily around the loud Inuzuka, something Shino could not understand.

"Shall we?" Sakura smiled.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow at Kiba, who ripped off Shino's sunglasses, grinning ferally back at the young Uchiha.

Shino blinked when sunlight reached his eyes, but the sunlight was blocked out when a face was placed less than an inch in front of his own. The close proximity was uncomfortable, but he had no time to think or protest when images came flying into his head.

"So, who's next?"

Naruto sighed, easily slipping into his old position of Hokage. "There's a training ground nearby. I'm hearing a lot of thumps coming from it. . . I would think it would be Lee. But - oh crap we forgot the Yamanaka!" Naruto facepalmed. "We might have to go back."

"Judging by the sound of metal in the wind," Neji interrupted, "I would say Tenten would be with Lee."

"Two birds with one stone. Let's go!" Kiba grinned, taking Hinata's hand and running off.

"Does he ever run out of energy?" Naruto groaned to himself before taking off.

Sakura and Neji snickered at the irony of the blonde's question, the Uchiha chuckling as he ran after his friend and brother. Did he already forget that he once acted like that?

"Hey, what do you think Lee looks like now? What do you think he's like when he's not infected with "the power of youth"?" Sakura asked curiously.

"Let's -"

Neji was cut off by a passionate scream of "YOUTH!!!"

The Hyuuga let out a sigh. "Never mind, mini-Gai-sensei is back already." His eyes somewhat lit up when he asked, "Do you think Naruto and Sasuke have done Tenten yet?"

His question was met with a brunette girl tackling him to the ground in a hug.

Neji blinked. "Ten. . . ten?"

"You idiot, don't go dying on me again! Do you know how awful it was being the only sane person on Team 9?! Do you know how it feels to be alone with two youth-infected maniacs?! Do you?!" Tenten ranted angrily.

She only stopped when Neji briefly captured her lips with his, successfully calming her down.

"Calm down, Tenten," Neji said calmly. "I'm not leaving you again, okay? Now let's go find the rest," Neji smiled, giving her a hand up.

"Aw," Hinata whispered into Naruto's ear. "Neji found his own love story."

Naruto snickered. He, Sasuke and Sakura still hadn't found their own love story, and they doubted they ever would. Firstly, because he and Sasuke were probably maybe just a little too overprotective of Sakura. . . and she of them.

"So let's go get Ino!" Sakura cheered.

Sasuke grunted. "If she's a fangirl. . . Naruto please hold her back."

"Don't worry," Sakura flashed a sickly sweet smile. "I won't let her get anywhere near you."

Naruto and Sasuke shuddered involuntarily. When Sakura got like this, you should know to never mess with her. Especially when it comes to "her boys".

"Let's just find the - oomph!" Neji was knocked over by the very girl they were trying to find.

"O-Oh, s-sorry," Ino stuttered.

Everyone blinked. Where did the brash, loud girl they knew go?

"Sasuke, now! " Naruto hissed, making Sasuke jump at the sudden telepathic hiss.

"The frick?! You scared me half to death with your hissing voice! It made me think it was Orochimaru in my f---ing head!! " Sasuke screamed as he grabbed Ino by her shoulders.

"Sorry," Naruto mumbled.

Ino was full out blushing by the time Sasuke activated his Mangekyō. Thankfully the blush died away by the time Sasuke was finished, and Ino was looking around for something. Or someone.

"Where's Sai?" Ino asked.

"Ino, remember we didn't meet him until further into the future," Sakura reminded.

Ino looked crestfallen. She really did miss her boyfriend. "Can we somehow save him from being a ROOT?" she asked hopefully.

"What, break into ROOT base and kidnap him and restore his memory?" Sasuke retorted sarcastically. "Yeah, very -" he stopped when he saw a thoughtful look on Naruto's face, a smirk on Sakura's face and an excited one on Ino's and Lee's. Neji and Hinata's eyes were gleaming and Tenten was smirking as she twirled a kunai around her finger, Kiba grinning ferally as Shino's bugs buzzed busily.

"Oh hell no," Sasuke said flatly.

"Oh hell yes," Naruto grinned.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

"Remind me why I'm dragged into this," Sasuke muttered in annoyance.

"Because you chose to befriend the Number One Unpredictable Ninja," Sakura smiled. "You're his brother too, don't you forget that."

Sasuke just grumbled to himself as Lee kicked the doors down.

ROOT members immediately began rushing at them. Naruto, Sasuke, Shino and Ino hung back as the rest of the Leaf Legion started combat fighting them, avoiding the use of chakra as much as possible. Seeing an opening, Naruto silently directed the other three down the ROOT hallway, where they saw an orange-haired boy sparring with a pale-skinned, black-haired boy, a very much clothed boy standing by.

"Sai!" Ino cried happily.

"Lady Ino?" the orange-haired boy frowned, stopping.

"F-Fuu?" Ino blinked, recognizing a fellow Yamanaka. "What are you doing here?"

"Torune," Shino said quietly.

"Shino," the Aburame greeted. "What are you doing here? Were you recruited by Danzo?"

"No, we're here to take Sai," Shino replied in a monotone.

"No, you can't. Danzo will kill us," Torune said with fear in his voice that was rarely heard in when with an Aburame.

"Sorry," Shino said flatly. "We're not leaving without Sai."

The young boy looked at him. "Why would you need me? What am I to you?"

Ino came forward, smiling at the boy. "You're everything to me."

Sai blinked at the pretty, young Yamanaka. "What are you talking about? How do you even know me? How could I be everything to you when I am nothing?"

Ino shook her head, smiling gently. "Sasuke, please."

The Uchiha nodded before roughly forcing Sai to look into his eyes. Fuu and Torune were "fighting" Naruto and Shino. To the younger boys, it was like a sparring match. To Fuu and Torune, they were surprised the two could even keep up with them. Their training was harsh and they were trained to be the very best.

"Fuu, Torune."

A voice stopped them in their attacks.

"Sai?" Fuu questioned.

Sai smiled at them. "I will be leaving with them. Please do not try and stop me."

By the time Sai and his friends had come back, they found the ROOT members knocked out on the floor, with a yawning Sakura and smirking Hyuuga's. Lee was spouting something about "non-youthful battles". Tenten was looking boredly around.

"Finally," Neji smiled. "They were a piece of cake. Are all ROOT members really this unskilled?"

"The real question is," Sai smiled, "are all kids this skilled?"

Everyone laughed before heading out with the intent to gather all of their other friends.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Konan was watching them as she stayed in the sky with her paper wings. Watching the young ones scurry around, save their future friends and celebrate with blissful joy when they got one of their friends back.

She closed her amber eyes, reminiscing the good days.

Just looking at these kids makes me remember the good times we had when we were young. When we were free of all the troubles the world thrust upon us. They are like the new generation of us. Yahiko, I hope you will believe us when we say that we never meant for this to happen. We truly had a good intent in our hearts when we left the Akatsuki. . . when we left you. Most of the time, I wonder what would've happened if Nagato left for Konoha, and I stayed with you. Would you have turned to the dark side? Would you have been so angry at Nagato that you would even attack him with the intent to end his life?

You always had this philosophy of smiling instead of crying. I suppose that side of you that supported that is gone forever. But do I truly believe that?

No, I don't believe it. Because I know that there is still some good in you. If you would just listen to our reasons, if you just listened to us back then, I'm sure you wouldn't be walking to path you are walking now. I'm sure you would be leading the Akatsuki for the pacifist way of world peace. Something Nagato and I failed to do. You would not understand why I am saying this, because you have no memory of such a thing. What if we had restored your memory? What if we had told you of the future events? What if we had included you in the plan, instead of trusting you to keep the Akatsuki going, expecting you to understand our decision without any reason?

Yahiko. . . the world is beautiful. You just don't want to admit it, you just don't want to see it. When you left. . . no, the correct term would be, when we left you, I remembered there was something I never got to say. You might not be reading this, but if you are. . .

Let me say this, and please remember as you decide your move against us.

I love you Yahiko.

And I will never stop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 51.7K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
103K 4.4K 30
In a shocking event where young Sakura Haruno dies at an early age, A soul whom has wondered the vast alternate realities claims this empty shell. Th...
1.8K 47 5
============================= Various Team Seven meet each other. A lot of fun and some nice surprises. #KakaSaku This is pure chaos; it is not meant...
5.2K 251 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...