Dear Diary (A Hunter Hayes Fa...

By Jcarinoxoxo

When Laurel loses her diary at the airport, the one and only Hunter Hayes finds it. His mission becomes to ge... More

Chapter 1. Take Off
Chapter 2. Airport Sprints
Chapter 3. A New Mission
Chapter 4. I Don't Need Niall's Eyes Staring Into My Soul
Chapter 5. We Have a Problem
Chapter 6. Getting ready for a Dinner Disaster
Chapter 7. Divergent Songs
Chapter 8 Filming
Chapter 9. After the Show
Chapter 10. New Friends
Chapter. 11 Watching Videos
Chapter 12. The First Message
Author's Note
Chapter 13. Winky Faces;)
PLEASE COMMENT:)
Chapter 14. Conversations
Chapter 15. Issues
Chapter 16. Nosy Mothers
Chapter 17. Finally
Chapter 18. News
Chapter 19. Plans
Chapter 20. Essays
Chapter 21. WNI Day 1
Chapter 22. Surprises
Chapter 23. Pre- CHE
Chapter 24. CHE Part 1
Things That Need To Be Said/Contest!
Ch. 26 Discoveries
Chapter 27. Explanations
Chapter 28. The Truth Part 1
Chapter 29. The Truth Part 2
Chapter 30. Meeting The Parents
Chapter 31. The First Date
Chapter 32. Invitations
Chapter 33. Dinner and Filming
Chapter 34. Every Late Night Call
Chapter 35. Arrivals
Chapter 36. Surprise!
Chapter 37. Tattoo
Chapter 38. The Boyfriend Tag
Chapter 39. Going Back
Chapter 40. Finding Out
Author's Note:)
Chapter 41. To The Rescue
Chapter 42. Someone's Got a Crush
Chapter 43. Hunter Being a Genius
Chapter 44. Graduation
Chapter 45. Arriving In LA
Chapter 46. Before He Cheats & Tyler
Chapter 47. Quitting?
Chapter 48. Beachin'
Chapter 49. Follow Your Arrow
Chapter 50. Dreams
Chapter 51. Fear
Chapter 52. Performing
Chapter 53. Goodbyes
Chapter 54. Road Trip
Chapter 55. A New Relationship
Chapter 56. 1-10
Chapter 57. Confidence
Chapter 58. The Doctor
Chapter 59: The End
The Epilogue

Chapter 25. CHE Part 2

648 22 2
By Jcarinoxoxo

Chapter 25.

Laurel's POV

"Have you heard of LoveLaurel on youtube?" Wait. That's me. Someone just asked Hunter about me. I had stopped shaking because I got more comfortable in this situation, but it just all came back.

"Yeah, I've heard of her. She's right here, right?" He said. My eyes darted upwards meeting his. He knows me. Well he knows youtube me. This is incredible. He knows me. He actually knows my name.

"Did you know that she's a really good singer but refuses to sing in her videos?". Ok who is this girl? I looked back to locate the source of the noise. I looked back and their was Katherine's little sister sitting right next to Katherine.

My mother realized my discovery. "Surprise!" She said. This was not a good surprise. She invited them. I love Katherine. She's my best friend. But the things she knows about me could possibly embarrass me greatly in front of Hunter Hayes.

"Oh, I'm not that good," I said trying to diffuse the situation. I'm going to do everything in my power to not sing. I've don't sing in front of people. Never have. Never will. I just get too nervous and my throat closes up and it's just a big mess. Let's just say 8th grade music class didn't go so well.

"You guys should sing together!" Someone called from the back.

"No, no, no. I'm not-" I said. I can't sing in front of regular people let alone with the Hunter Hayes.

Katherine cut me off before I could express my full point, "Yes you are good and you should sing with Hunter because I totally ship you two." She paused "Wait, did I just say that out loud?".

Seriously. Why do people ship us so much? Katherine doesn't even like Hunter. I'm not good enough for him. It's obvious. He's famous. I'm not. He's never gonna date me. Everyone just needs to get over it.

Luckily, Hunter didn't totally hate this statement. He just laughed, which is good because he wasn't disgusted by the idea.

"Do you want to do it, Laurel?" He said. He is always so sweet. I love that geek. He obviously wants to, so I think I probably should. Plus, when will I ever get this opportunity again?

Then, everyone started chanting my name. I was completely thrown off by it. I wasn't expecting it at all, but it sealed the deal for me. I slowly stood up and made my way to where Hunter is standing.

As soon as I got up there he pulled me into a hug. He has the best hugs in the world. Even it only lasted a second or two, it felt like it lasted a lifetime. For a couple of seconds it was just him and me. He smelled so good. It was the smell of butterflies, rainbows, joy and basically all of the good things in the world. I had to stop myself from just holding on and never letting go.

I let go and so did he. He looked at me and said, "So what do you want to sing?".

I honestly have no idea. I want to impress him. I do. I want him to see that maybe I am good. I know I'm not awful. I just don't want to mess this up.

Instead of saying a name of a song I just said,"Something without a lot of high notes because I have a feeling my vocal chords won't be working as well as they normally are,".

This caused him to throw his head back laughing. I chuckled a little bit and the rest of the place was laughing along with me. I didn't think it was that funny. Oh well... They did apparently.

"Do you want me to pick?" He said bringing me back to reality. I'm glad he volunteered to pick, because if he didn't we would be standing here forever.

After of couple of seconds with a look of concentration on his face, he finally said, "What about Hearts and Rockets? You know that song right?"

"Of corse I do. It is by you after all and you are kinda looking at a super fan," I answered. Oh my god. I just admitted I was a super fan. He probably thinks I'm crazy now.

Luckily, he doesn't seem all that turned off by my comment. Thank god that kid has a sense of humor... And likes crazy.

At first, I was a little nervous, but the more and more we sang together I became more comfortable. He loosened me up a bit. I know this sounds crazy, but when he was up there with me I wasn't as scared. He makes me calm. I don't know how or why, he just does.

I got the opportunity to sing with my idol. My inspiration. My celebrity crush, if you will. But the thing is, he doesn't act like a celebrity. Even though people all over the world know who he is, he acts like a regular guy. One that if you saw on the street and didn't know who he was, you wouldn't look twice. He's just... Normal. He has a heart of gold to top it all off. Can someone be more perfect?

Now it's time for the individual meet and greets. I went to the very end of the line because I just sang with him and and I want everyone else to meet him before I meet him twice, so I used this opportunity to talk to Katherine.

"Why would you do that?" I said running up to her at the back of the lone with the coffee cup in my hand. "You know I don't sing in front of people,".

Her blonde hair was draped elegantly down her back and her pink tank top made her face bright. "You don't sing in front of people because you won't. Not because you can't,".

"Katherine. Music. 8th grade. Do you not remember what happened?!?" I am almost yelling know, but I am trying to contain it. I don't want people thinking I'm crazier than they already know I am.

A smile crept across Katherine's face as she remembered the events that day. To me, that day was certainly not funny, but to the rest of the world, It was like a comedy show.

"It's not funny!" I said punching her lightly in the arm.

"Yes it is," She started laughing again.

I rolled my eyes, "So why did you do it?".

"Laurel. I know this may be hard to believe," She put her hands dramatically on my shoulders and started shaking me back a forth, "but you are a good singer."

She let go and I wobbled trying to regain my balance. "Ok. So why did you say that you ship us? You don't even like him,".

"Well that doesn't mean I don't think you two would be adorable together,". She definitely knows something I don't. What did my mother tell her?

"Oh look!" She said. "It's almost your turn. Go reunite with your Prince Charming,"

One more eye roll and then I was off.

I walked up to him and he said "Hey!" And gave me another hug. "You were amazing back there!"

I couldn't think of anything to say, but that didn't stop the blush from rushing to my cheeks. We stood in silence for another second before I handed him the decorated cup.

He looked at it in awe. I could see him reading every word off of it. "This is... Wow this is amazing," He said still looking it over.

"The coffee is a little cold, but if you stick it in the microwave it should be as good as new," I said trying to shove a smile on my nervous wreak of a face.

He smiled back at me and said, "Thank so so much, Laurel. It's so sweet,".

"Me, or the coffee?" I quickly shot back. Here's the me I know.

He laughed softly, "Both, Well I hope the coffee is sweet anyways,".

"It is. I know that that's how you like it,". Why did I say that? Is he going to find that incredibly creepy or sweetly endearing?

"Love the choice in footwear by the way," Hunter said motioning down towards my black converse.

"Well I couldn't not wear converse to a Hunter Hayes concert,".

"And you got coffee too. All we need is a car and we're good to go,".

I laughed, "You know about the 3 Cs thing?".

"I invented the 3 Cs thing,". I half expected the James Bond music to start playing after he said it so dramatically. Ughhh another Hayniac pun.

Then we both just started laughing.

We took a picture. We both has our arm wrapped around each others waist. I hope that picture comes out good. I'm not getting another one.

"Want me to sign something for ya?" He asked.

"My pass and my..." I quickly went searching through my bag, "CD. Well actually CDs,".

He looked down at the Songs About Nothing CD as well as the Encore one.

"You have Songs About Nothing?" He asked surprised.

"It took a little while to track down, but I managed,".

He quickly signed both my CDs and my CHE pass.

"Amazing meeting you, Laurel!"

"You have no idea how much this means to me, Hayes. You have had such an impact in my life. Thank you. Thank you so much," I said looking directly at him. His eyes met mine an I continued to speak, "Here's a letter I wrote you. Hope you read it,".

He pulled me in for another hug and I wish I could stay here forever. I know that this will most likely be the last hug I ever get from this guy. I may never meet him again. And even if I did, he would never remember me.

I'm the last one, so CHE was coming to a close and we all gave him one more hug before he had to dart off to the show.

He still had my cup I gave him in his hands.

It's showtime Hunna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed! What do you think Katherine knows about? Ooooo mystery ooooooo. This chapter is a little longer because I wanted Laurel's POV on the events in last chapter:) Did anyone listen to Storyline yet on iTunes? It's there if you didn't know that. It's like a preview thing where you get to listen to the songs for free. It isn't a leak, it is Hayes endorsed. If you go to itunes it should be on the featured page:).

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 635 128
*Book One of the Storm Warning Chronicles* Girl with a troubled past but he doesn't care he loves her just the same. Break-ups, jealously, death, th...
10.2K 564 29
When the odds are stacked against you it can be easy to give in. Andrea Kent isn't one of those people, but there are reasons for that. Her younger s...
65.7K 1.1K 99
Shelby and Hunter have been best friends from the beginning. Hunter gets back with his ex girlfriend, Amber, who broke his heart a few years before...
382 29 15
Jessica A girl, top runner of her class in high school, finally decided to end things with her pathetic, alcoholic smelling boyfriend, Carl. But the...