Key to my Happiness (Damien H...

Από sagtornamist

Not your typical love story. This involves the new member of the smosh fam - Damien Haas!!! He has been a cha... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapte 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note
AUTHOR'S NOTE
THANK YOU
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT, MUST ANSWER QUICK
BONUS: Chapter 26
Bonus: Chapter 27
Bonus: Chapter 28

Chapter 22

1.6K 22 25
Από sagtornamist

Damien's POV

Time flew so fast, I haven't been counting the days, weeks, months, years I've spent my life with Lin. Today is our 3rd Anniversary and I've got something special planned for her. I called my buddy Shayne, and told him my plans for tonight, this is gonna be epic.

Caroline's POV

So, today is our 3rd anniversary and I've never been so happy my entire life. Being with Damien is the best thing that ever happened to my life. We have our ups and downs but that only made us stronger than we were before.

A lot of things changed over the past 3 years. The first three months weree very struggling, especially for Damien, the cast on his leg made him feel bad at often times. He thinks his useless because he can't do anything and he is always by assisted by his friends and or me. But I always remind him how special he is and how this is only temporary and the pain would subside.

He is truly precious. 2 months after that dark time, he finally learned how to walk normally again, he was so happy he actually cried. Everyone celebrated it in the smosh office and I can't seem to get rid off the smile on my face when I see him. Fast forward to our first anniversary, he took us to a trip in New York. It was my first time there, and I was very excited. We tried everything and went everywhere, though it's tiring it was all worth it.

That was also the day I finally had the guts to give him my everything. That night was so romantic. Everything was perfect. He is perfect. That's when we got more closer to each other. I still remember every word he said, every move he made.

6 months later, he insisted of us living together. It was troubling at first but we got a hang of it later. We're like siblings fighting over who would use the shower first, who will close all the lights at night and most importantly who beats each other's ass on Smash Bros.

6 months after that, our 2nd Anniversary was held at Disneyland. We've decided to keep it simple, nothing elegant. Just two people enjoying their time with each other. It was an amazing trip. I love seeing him scream at every ride while I just end up laughing at him. Anything extreme is fine by me, but a little thing like a cockroach would scare the shit out of me.

Damien has been a very wonderful companion my whole life, I actually forgot how to live as a young adult. Being 25 is not a joke. I need to live my life more.

Anyway, today I'm doing a collaboration with Rosanna Pansino and we are making the "Diamond Ring" cake. Well, everything is themed on her channel, but this time it's for my show so... hmm weird. We did the procedures and voilà a wonderful cake is infront of us.

"Later my glipglops" I ended our shoot for the day. Everyone cheered and took a piece of the cake. "Making this cooking show is never a regret." Sunny said. I nodded. "Thank you guys for inviting me to make this with you guys, I really am having fun doing these with all of you." I said. "Good news everyone." Joe said. Everyone looked at him. "We just got nominated for the streamys, in lifestyle. Weird." Everyone laughed. "Lin's show is nominated for lifestyle. Congrats everyone!" Everyone cheered as Matt Raub popped the bottle of champagne while the crew popped some streamers.

I can't believe that my show of 3 years is nominated. It may seem like it's not that nig of a deal, but it sure is to us. I am out of words. This is so spectacular.

Everyone is having fun. Oh I forgot to tell Damien the good news. I took my phone and called him immediately. His phone rang, and rang, and went to voice mail. Huh? This is very unlike him. I'll call him again later, or maybe I should just send a text. But that would ruin the surprise. Maybe I'll try calling him again.

I called him and finally he picked up, "Hello?" He started. "Hi baby, I just wanna inform you that my cooking show is nominated in the streamys" I said, very enthusiastically. "Oh. Great. Good job baby. Listen, I'm busy right now, can you call me later?" He said, monotonously. Huh? "Uh, yeah. Sure, bye." I said, "bye" he said plainly.

Did he even care that my show was up for an award? Did he even heard me? He sounded so cold. So plain. So lifeless. Maybe he's just really busy. But he should' ve cared because this is something huge for me. I was excited for him when he got his own show on smosh and I completely supported him althroughout his journey. Why won't he just sound excited for me, atleast once?

With that in mind, I went outside and walked to the nearest cafe to grab myself a hot chocolate to calm me down. I sat down to a booth and waited for someone to serve my drink of choice, when someone familiar called me. "Caroline?" He said. "Mark?" "Caroline. Long time no see." He said. "Yeah. It's been so long. Last time I saw you was at the dog park." I said. "Yeah. 3 years huh? So, how've you been?" He asked. "I've been great. You?" I asked back. "Well, you don't look well. Is there something wrong? Also, I'm doing well." He answered.

I explained to him the situation I am going through. He patiently listened to every word I said which I appreciate very much. He's such a great listener.

"Well, you have devoted your life to him. My question is, does he do the same? Maybe as time went by, it slowly turns into a one sided love. Does this happen often?" He asked. "As I recall it has occured more than once. What am I gonna do Mark?" I asked desperately. "I don't wannna ruin your relationship but I think you know what's best." He said. I nodded, sadly. "Thank you." I said giving him a hug.

"Maybe we should hang out some time. You'll finally meet my lovely girlfriend Amy, my dog Chica and the whole gang." He said. "That's a great idea." I said, giving him my phone to put his number in it as I did the same to his. "I better go now, See you Lin" he waved Goodbye. As I said my farewell.

I got out of the cafe ad took a quiet nice walk in the park, just to get my mind into place. I looked at my phone and text messages were flooding it. I chose to turn my phone off and just looked at my surroundings. Little kids playing in the playground, couples with their hands clasped together, an old married couple in front of me being so cute. They noticed me looking at them and they said their hellos. "Hello." I said back.

"Why does a girl like you alone on a park like this?" The old man asked. "I'm just here to think." I politely said. They gave me a smile. The old woman looked at her wristwatch and with a surprised face he muttered, "Oh Henry, we must go now. We can't be late to our grandson's graduation." She said. They smiled at me politely and said their goodbyes.

Why is everyone saying goodbye to me? Is it a sign? Don't be ridiculous, they're just going someplace else. I sat on the bench and noticed the swaying trees in the background. The sky roared as it was now filled with dark gray clouds. But I sat still. Raindrops are now latched on my skin, as each raindrop touched my skin I closed my eyes and inhaled the breeze. Wow. Fresh air. I don't know but the smell of rain intrigues me.

By then, the rain started pouring and I didn't even care if I got wet. Good thing I was using a waterproof phone case. I started dancing in the rain, feeling the vibe as I hum to Perfect by Ed Sheeran. I felt the surrounding getting darker and darker, as if it's my cue to finally go home.

I opened my phone back and it has been 2 hours since I left the office. It's currently 7 pm. I checked the texts and I got a total of 47 of them wow I feel wanted. All of them was from the Smosh Family and only one of them was from Damien. I opened it and checked.

"Hey, I need you to get ready at 8:30, I got a surprise for you. I'm at Shayne's at the moment so you can get ready. Love u x" I sighed and I walked my way back to our apartment.

It was a 12-minute walk and I opened the door to reveal... nothing. I sighed and closed the door behind me. I went to our room and noticed a paper bag with a note attached to it that says "I know I haven't told you what tonwear yet, but I think this would do. Can't wait to see you later, love -Damien" on top of the bed along with three white roses. Why is he being so romantic? I took a relaxing shower and did my make up. I opened the bag to reveal a gorgeous red dress. I admire every inch of it. It's a simple red dress. Very elegant... I love it. I grabbed my black stilettos and grabbed a black bracelet. Perfect! I'm excited for tonight but also very nervous. how am I gonna deliver the message to him?

It's currently 8:30 and I took a deep breathe before opening the door. I opened it to reveal Damien in a maroon dress shirt, all glamoured up. With his hair done, a clean shave and a very elegant surprise. "Hi Baby." He said kissing me on the lips. I smiled at him still confused if I should do this or not.

"Are you ready?" He asked. I simply nodded and followed him to the car. He plugged in his phone on the aux cord and started playing 'Endless Love covered by Glee' It was one of the bone-chilling songs I love. I admire the renditions Glee does to songs. next to that was 'Against all Odds by Westlife' this road trip is sure lovely.

45 minutes after, we got to the venue. Eater LA, A very fancy restaurant in Los Angeles. I gulped and recomposed myself. should I do it now? I'm already panicking.

He held my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back. He is such a sweetheart. I don't want to break him.

We got out of the car and I faced him, I gave him a huge hug. "Hey. What's that for?" He giggled. "Thank you for everything." I kissed him on the lips, as if it will be the last time I will be kissing him. He smiled and we continued walking until we are now seated. The view is amazing.

Damien pulled the seat for me to sit on. I looked at him straight in the eye as pure happiness is filled with him. I was filled with confusion, he might've noticed. "Is there something wrong?" He asked, with concern and nervousness. " No, everything is so amazing. I could never ask for more. I'm just thinking, really." I said directly. "Would you mind telling me what you're thinking of?" He asked. "Well I feel lik-" I was interrupted by the waiter bringing our food. "Maybe later." I said. he nodded as we had our remarkable dinner.

This is by far the best food I ever had. Baked lobster tails with garlic butter panko. Along with the best wine ever made. I saw Damien getting all sweaty, but this is a cool environment. "Is there something bothering you?" I asked. He got up to his chair and kneel in front of me. Oh no.

"You know that I really keep busy. I have my job, which requires me to meet deadline everyday. I then go to my acting practice. Then there are friends to hang out with. I keep so busy that I don't get time to spend with you." He said. No this is not the best timing. I'm already in tears.

"So, I thought that we must put an end to our relation and start a new one. Will you be interested in becoming my wife? This way I will know that I'll never miss spending time with you. So, I ask you, will you marry me?" He said holding out the biggest diamond ring I have ever seen in my entire life, while giving me the biggest and brightest smile he can ever do.

I stood up and asked him to stand up. "I can't." I said crying in his arms. "What? Why is there something that I did?" He said, starting to tear up. "These past few months, we've been growing apart. I feel like I need time to enjoy myself as a young adult. I'm not ready to commit to something I am not ready for. I'm so sorry, Damien. That's what's bothering me this whole time." I said, crying. "I understand." He said. He closed the small box and sat beside me with his head resting on my shoulder.

"Is there something wrong with me?" He asked me with tears coming down from his eyes. I smiled at him "No, Damien. You are perfect. I just need time to enjoy my life, as a young adult. I'm only 25. I know 3 years has been a long time, I don't want it to end. But I think I need to take a break. I've been living my life like a machine, I forgot to enjoy the rest of the world. I wanna travel and try new stuff, do something extremely terrifying and very nerve-wrecking. But I just feel like I can't do all of that if I'm with you." I frowned. he looked at me and gave me the tightest hug ever. "So I guess this is it?" He asked. "For now." I answered. "But I don't want this to end, Lin. You are my everything, ever since the day I met you. I don't want to lose you ever again." he said, latching on to me.

His vulnerability makes me so sad. He is the best thing that ever happened to me. But I need to take some time to myself. I hugged him back tightly and cried in his shoulder. "I love you, Caroline. Please don't leave me." He cried, louder. "Trust me, Damien. I'll be back, I promise. Give me some time. This will be a challenge for the both of us. I don't want to do this, but I think it's best to give ourselves the space we need." I said. he kissed me on the lips and tried to stay longer but I broke it off early because I know this will be more difficult than I anticipated.

I know it sounds selfish, but I also need to give time to myself. As much as I don't want to break Damien, I need this for myself.

"Promise me that you'll always love me, that I will be your one and only and that you'll hold me 'til eternity. I can only love you so much more cause you are all I'm living for and the only thing I'd do is to give my love to you and forever you'll be in my heart the way I've always loved you from the start ." He said. "I Promise." I said, ending our night with a lot of crying and hugging. He drove us back and he insisted on sleeping at Shayne's even if I told him that it's fine to sleep with me on our bed.

It's currently 12 midnight and I'm all alone, in my bed looking at the ceiling. I feel empty without him. This must be a mistake.

Damien's POV

I went to Shayne's house and opened the door to see everyone in the smosh family waiting for my answer. They were all excited for what I'm about to say, "She said no." I surprised them with the disappointment in my voice. They all ran to where I am standing and gave me a hug. "I think I need to take a long time to rest, please. Thank you guys for waiting for me. I'm sorry, but I can't explain it right now." I said as everyone wished me good luck and left me with Shayne.

Shayne gave me a hug. I needed that. " I'm sorry to hear that." He said. I just cried on his shoulder. "I'm a disappointment." I said. "No you're not." he said. "She's afraid of commitments, maybe that overwhelmed her." He added. I nodded and went to my room before. The old bed was still there. I removed my attire and changed to some weird shirt and my boxers. I lied down and cried myself to sleep.

end of chapter 22

I'M TERRIBLY SORRY FOR THE SADDEST CHAPTER... FOR NOW. MY HEART ACHES AS I TYPE IN EACH WORD. IMAGINING DAMIEN SAD MADE MY HEART ACHE. I'm so sorry for everyone. But I promise this will be better, soon.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. tell me your thoughts on the comments section below and please vote.

As always, I'll see y'all on the next Chapter, Bye loves <3

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

2.4K 74 16
Wherever you go, there will always be someone stuck in the back of your mind, and a part of you would constantly wish that you were with them whereve...
31.8K 517 26
Starting out with just a meet and greet at Vidcon, ended up getting a chance of working for Smosh. Not to mention, a chance getting to hang out with...
1.5K 20 15
This is a story about three members of Smosh, Damien Haas, Noah Grossman, and Shayne Topp. Shayne works at Smosh with Noah, and they have been in a r...
9.9K 162 16
"A small fire lit itself where it shouldn't have been in the base of Shayne's stomach. No, that wasn't a fever. It was something else entirely and he...