Just Because I Love You (Holl...

Negovanstein által

"That's just it. She isn't mine. You are. To amuse or not. To annoy or not. To love...or not." "...Danny says... Több

Red
Red pt. 2
More Than We Are
A Father's Always Right
Three's Company Too
Love Doesn't Mean the Same Thing to Everyone
Sweet Hopefuls
Father Knows Best
Aim to Please
1698
Give In
I Consent
Death In Many Ways Does Come
Not a Secret Kept
I Should Tell You...
Stay
Rude Awakening
Careful
PG-13
A Glass to Drink From
Krav Maga
Cupcake
Cupcake pt. 2
Surprise
Make A Wish
Epilogue

Maybe One Day

1.6K 59 659
Negovanstein által

Carmilla's POV

It's been 3 months since Laura let slip that she loved me that night. It was better than her telling me that Danny admitted that she loved her. I don't believe it. Maybe Lawrence loves her. But not the way she says. Not like...someone else.

Or maybe you're just jealous, Karnstein....Nope. I refuse to be jealous of that jolly green giant.

Ell and I have been spending more time together. It was a distraction from Laura's relationship with Danny. I didn't mind most because I'm reminded of a single thought: she didn't say she loved Danny back. Laura said that she loved me.

Nonetheless, I'm not going to do anything to destroy Laura's first relationship. If that ship sinks, it'll do it on its own. All I'm gonna do is save Laura from drowning if she can't swim. That's what I'm supposed to do.

Aren't I?

...........

Laura's POV

Danny and I were walking from my last class together. We were nearing my locker. I could see Carmilla leaning against her own with a book in her hand as she waited for me. Usually she'd wait before opening a book until it was quiet; but, not today. Zoning in on her more clearly, I noticed she had her earbuds in as well.

Debussy at full blast. That explains it.

Suddenly, I was being pulled into an empty classroom as Danny rushed to close the door behind us.

"What in Weasleys' name are you doing?" I gawked at her, pulling my backpack off to lay on the floor.

Without saying a word, she strode over to me, placing her hands firmly on my waist, pushing me until my back was against a desk. With little force, she lifted me to sit atop the cool surface.

"Danny...what are you doing?" My pulse started racing and I was instantly nervous.

"Sshh...just let me..." Danny's eyes wandered over my face, stopping at my eyes before gluing themselves to my lips. Leaning towards me, she paused, "Laura...please?"

I'm sure I was wide-eyed and sweating by now. This isn't how I want my first kiss to happen. Not like this. Not with Danny. Not now. Not without-.

"Danny. No." I sighed, my hands on hers as I moved to push her away, "I'm not ready."

She looked at me like I'd just slapped her, "You've never been kissed?"

Oh joy. 17-year-old Laura, the kiss-less gay. I can see the tweets. Be brave, Hollis! Strong. Firm.

"No, I haven't. I'm waiting for-"

"For what?" Danny frowned, probably expecting me to say I was waiting for the right person. I wasn't.

"For the right time." I replied silently.

"What better a time than now?" She leaned in again.

Is she serious?

"Danny..." I warned, squeezing her arms, needing her to let go.

"Can I kiss you, Laura? I won't do it without your permission. Not until you say it's okay." She tilted, planting a kiss on my cheek.

Oh, thank Dumbledore! Krav Manga in an empty classroom would be hard to explain to the principal.

I let out a breath of relief, glad she understood and respected my choice.

"Thank you. I'm glad you respect me enough to ask." I smiled nervously at her.

Her thumbs pressed deeper into my skin, making the spots tingle. My body shivered in response. She smirked, letting go.

"Of course," Eyeing me, backing away, she bit her lip, "God. I really want to kiss you."

Would it really be so bad to let her be my first kiss? She's a good person. She cares about me. Why can't she be my first?

"Can I kiss you Laura?" She advanced once more, slowly. Stalking me. Almost wolf-like. It scared me a bit.

"Danny..."

"Can I kiss you?" It came out in a whisper as her hands returned to my waist, "Can I..."

Before anything else could happen, be that good or bad, the door flew open. Danny jumped, removing herself.

"I left my notes in here!" Laf came running in, heading for a desk near the supply closet, grabbing a single notebook from its person. Turning, they finally noticed our presence, giving a small nod of the head and a smile.

"Hurry up Sid the Science Kid," Carmilla appeared, keeping the door ajar. She turned to me, eyebrows raised before opening her mouth, "Hey, Cutie, you gonna keep me waiting all night or what?"

Jumping down, I grabbed my bag. Carm nodded once towards the exit, a scowl on her face. I scurried off after nodding a goodbye to Danny.

Because it would be like kissing your father, that's why.

Carm's POV

What the hell were they doing in there? Did they-? Did we interrupt Danny trying to kiss Laura?

Good.

I said I wouldn't get involved.

We see how long that's lasting. I can't take the thought of them doing...yeah, that. Or, worse! Ew. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

"Hey, Carm?" Laura tore me out of my thoughts as we walked the hall.

"Yeah, Cupcake?" I kept my eyes forward.

"Are you going to Junior prom?"

Prom?...

"Well I wasn't. But I can change my mind." I kept my face neutral, able to hide my eyes behind my sunglasses.

"Oh. I was just wondering if you had a date. If you were going with Ell." She sounded so nervous.

I stopped dead in my tracks, no longer able to contain a shit-eating grin, "Are you asking me to prom, Cutie? Wouldn't you rather go with your girlfriend?"

Laura blushed. Gods I love doing that.

"Danny is going with the Summers as a group. They'd already promised to go together. I'll meet up with her at some point when we get there I guess," Laura shrugged, standing in the middle of the hallway. She seemed unsure about that, "So?"

"If this is your definition of a promposal, it sucks Cutie." I scoffed, a joking smirk on my face. Laura punched my arm with a roll of her eyes.

"Would you rather I get the attention of everyone in the hall and have everyone stare at us?" She quirked an eyebrow.

Daring today, aren't we Hollis?

I glared at her, not at all serious, "You wouldn't."

"I think we both know I would. So, let me do my promposal my way, will ya?" She pulled her backpack around, unzipping it.

"Wait. Are you seriously going to promposal me in the middle of the frickin' hallway?" I peered around, not wanting to attract unwanted attention. Meaning not wanting ANY attention.

Scoffing, she paused her actions. Grabbing my hand, linking our fingers together, she smiled up at me. That smile that changed my life from the day I met the tiny girl. My eyes were smiling for me, but she couldn't see that behind the tinted frames. I wondered just where this was going. Hoping for an impossibility. I quickly got my answer as Laura yanked me into a nearby classroom.

Well, well, well. Where have we seen this before?

"Taking a page out of Jolly Jump-Shot's book aren't ya Cutie?" I removed my now dangling shades from my face.

"No, I'm not," She giggled, lifting our linked fingers to face level, "She wasn't holding my hand."

I nearly stopped breathing at the realization. She hadn't let go! This wasn't the first time, but it happens every time. Breathlessness. I could only imagine how I'd feel if she kissed me. Which reminds me...

"Well, she dragged you into a room, probably to attack your face. Your girlfriend has some interesting choices of venue for a first-"

"She's not my girlfriend anymore." Laura interrupted me.

What?

How did I not know that? What happened? Lawrence was so hard on proud to boast about it.

"Did she hurt you, Laura?" I kept my face neutral, waiting for an explanation. I couldn't control the worry in my voice though.

She sighed, still holding my hand as she leaned against the desk beside me. She looked like she was struggling to explain. My mind ran off with anything Danny could've done to possibly cause Laura harm.

"I swear if she's done anything to you, I'll rip-"

"Relax! She didn't hurt me." Laura yanked at my hand.

I sat down in the desk, looking in her eyes directly, "Then, why did you two break up?"

"She's too...I don't know. She acts like my dad. My cookie consumption bothers her-"

"Cupcake, your cookie consumption worries all of us. But you don't see us losing our heads over it." I scoffed.

"That's not it. I don't know if it's just the fact that she's concerned about my well-being or if she thinks I'm a child, but anything is danger in her mind. Taking a detour on the way home could get us lost. Defending a freshman from bullies would get me a black eye if she isn't there to protect me. I'm 17. I'm not an idiot and I'm not a child. And I would like to be myself without someone standing in my way. Apart from her slight inability to take 'no' for an answer-"

"'No' as in what? Is that what was happening when I walked in earlier? Lawrence not keeping her damn hands to herself?" My eyes flashed. I restrained myself from balling my fists, trying to focus more on the fact that Laura still hadn't released me.

"In away, yes. But-"

"Where is she? I'll-"

"Carm, listen," Laura squeezed my fingers, waiting for my attention. I huffed, letting her speak, "Before you think the worse, nothing happened. She wanted to kiss me. I refused. She said she'd wait until I was okay with it, but it felt more like she was trying to convince me. I agreed to keep things casual with her, but I never thought she would try that. Not like that."

"Is this because she said she loves you?"

A beat. In the silence, I didn't think I'd get an answer. Laura looked so unsure; it wasn't like her to feel so small. After so long, she opened her mouth.

"Maybe a little."

I smiled, "She speaks. I started to think you'd forgotten how."

"I don't think she realizes that I don't love her back. That I never did," Her voice was so tiny. It hurt my heart, "I had feelings. But, not that strong."

"How long have you two been broken up?" My thumb traced the skin underneath it, soft and warm. I wanted to plant kisses against it in comfort. But, I didn't.

"I didn't talk about it because I didn't think it would be a big deal."

"Cupcake, if something is hurting you, it's never not a big deal. Now, tell me how long."

"2 months..." She sighed, looking away.

My eyes were pained. 2 months of silently struggling with a decision to make. 2 months of second guessing herself. Screw the anxiety. I had to. My lips met the warmth of her hand as I peppered it softly. I peered up to see those doe eyes on me in wonder.

"Come here." I opened my arms to her.

Her head on my chest, I pressed kisses to the back of her head. I took in the sweet scent of her shampoo.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I kept my tone gentle.

"I was embarrassed to explain to my best friend that I was single because someone said they loved me. It was too soon, and she treated me like a kid. That's not a relationship I want to be in." She toyed with my fingers.

"Cupcake, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm here for whatever issue you have. If you remember, I know every single embarrassing thing about you," I chuckled as she pinched my hand, "Look, I may not particularly like Danny, but I know she's a good person. She just has some tendencies that need to be adjusted. And someone else can help with that."

That tasted like cough syrup coming out of my mouth. Bleh.

"So, I wasn't stupid for leaving? Or staying?" Those eyes glowed with curiosity.

"No," I smiled, "You're just Laura."

........Silence.

"You know, it would've been better if I had dated you instead." She stared off, smiling at the thought.

My heart swelled at this. She's considered it.

"Maybe one day you will, cutie," I made sure it was evident that I wasn't kidding, "But, first, we have a prom to go to."

"I haven't asked you yet!" She scrambled away from me, standing to dig into her bag.

I laughed, a genuine laugh, "Well, come on then! Don't keep me waiting!"

Laura's POV

I spent all night with Perry making the perfect plan for this moment. Carmilla is really into art- and I am really into sweets; so, why not combine the 2? Pulling the masterpiece out of my bag, I looked to her, keeping my hands behind me.

"Close your eyes."

Carmilla's POV

A/N: Yes. Lots of POV's! I know! You're welcome ;)

"Why?" An eyebrow lifted curiously. They have a mind of their own.

"Just do it." Laura rolled her eyes.

Reluctantly doing what I was told, I shook my head in humor. For one so tiny, she's really bossy.

"If you're going to strip, I suggest we take it back to your place. Or mine. I don't care which."

I could hear the quick intake of breath and nearly lost my composure. She's too easy. It's adorable.

"Shush you! I'm trying to be romantic and you're ruining it!"

Suddenly, I got the feeling that someone was directly in front of me, past the point of invading personal space. It took all my restraint not to open my eyes. Who knew what she'd see inside them? My throat went dry at the realization that she was squatting right in front of me. Her breath tickled the tiny hairs on my arm.

"Oh. Well," I cleared my throat, "Go on then Princess Charming."

She giggled. I love that giggle.

"Carmilla Alison Karnstein-"

"That's not romantic, Cupcake." I frowned.

How dare you.

"Shush," Laura warned before going back to a gentler tone. Little mastermind, "Carmilla Alison Karnstein, will you do me the honor of accompanying me to our Junior prom?"

I chuckled, adoring everything about this. Before I could even think of teasing her, something slipped over my wrist. It was soft. And foreign to my skin. I touched it gently, unable to guess what it was.

"You can open your eyes now." Laura snickered.

Peeking at my arm, there was a white rose on a silver band.

She got me a corsage? Wait...

"Cupcake, what is-"

"I made it. Perry helped. It's a cookie cake rose-shaped corsage. I'm buying you a real one for prom." Laura's smile was infectious.

"Laura, I-"

"This, however, is real," She lifted an actual rose to her nose before tucking it into my hair, kissing my forehead, "So? Will you be my prom date?"

Date...

A lump built in my throat as I fought back happy tears, "Are you kidding me Laura? Of course!"

"Yay!"

"You're adorable." I scoffed silently, fighting the urge to let the joyous tears fall.

"Mm," She hugged me, kissing my hair. Then, she whispered with a sigh of nothing less than pure want, "Maybe one day."

Grabbing her bag, she backed out of the room, leaving me to my thoughts. No doubt waiting by my car. The tears finally spilled over. There really was hope.

"One day. I think I'd like that very much."

A/N: Do you guys want another chapter today or......?

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

904K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
190K 8.3K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
559K 12.3K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
306K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc