Distract Me [Kehlani×XXXTenta...

By JhoniiBlxze

"Don't touch my shit, don't even look at my shit. Don't even breathe around me because don't nobody wanna sme... More

[[Distract Me]]
Chapter×1
Chapter×2
Chapter×3
Chapter×5
Chapter×6
Chapter×7
Chapter×8
Chapter×9
Chapter×10
Chapter×11
Chapter×12
Chapter×13
Chapter×14
R.I.P.
what now
Chapter×15
Chapter×16
Chapter×17
Chapter×18
Chapter×19
Chapter×20
Chapter×21
Chapter×22
Chapter×23
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter×24
Chapter×25
Chapter×26
Chapter×27
Chapter×28
Chapter×29
Chapter×30
Chapter×31(pt.2)
Chapter×32

Chapter×4

3.5K 183 160
By JhoniiBlxze

[Last chapter was trash ik😩 sorry y'all... here's something to make it up🙄... Enjoy!]

×××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

I opened my eyes, instantly feeling pain in my forehead. Flashbacks of last night came to me, and I let out a sigh. "This shit is getting out of control." I mumbled to myself as I put my hand over my forehead.

I heard a knock on my door. "Kehlani? You awake?" Dad said.

"Yes." I answered. A second later he opened the door and walked in.

"Get up and get ready for your first day of school. Janice and I are about to head out to work, so you'll have to ride to school with Jahseh."

I nodded. "Okay."

"Alright I'll see you later. Love you." He started to walk out.

"Love you too." I said as he closed the door. I groaned before rolling out of my warm bed and going into my bathroom to take a shower. I scrubbed my skin until it was all covered in soap suds. I rinsed myself off before grabbing my shampoo and washing my hair. Once I used my conditioner, I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my body.

I grabbed my white girl brush and brushed out the tangles in my hair. I decided to let it air dry and I walked back into my room. I dropped my towel and placed it in the dirty laundry basket before going to my closet.

"Yo! Kehlani! Don't be all day!" I heard X yell as he banged on my door. I rolled my eyes.

"A'ight! Quit banging on my door loser!"

"Shut up punk!" He said. I laughed and shook my head.

I put on a pair of dark blue laced panties and my bra that matched with it. I scanned through my closet to find some clothes that looked right for the first day.

"I guess this will do." I said picking up my Tommy Hilfiger crop top and a pair of black high waisted leggings.

"Kehlani, we gotta go." X said as he walked into my room. I turned around and saw him standing in the doorway. The way he was dressed surprised me. He actually looked really good.

"Are you gonna keep staring at me or can we be outta here?" He said snapping me out of my stare.

I grabbed my backpack and shrugged. "Lead the way."

-

Jahseh

"Ayo X, who that light skin you rolled up here with?" Kev asked me. "My step-sister." I said in an annoyed tone. All day, everybody kept asking who Kehlani was. Since all the shorties saw me pull up with her, I could tell she gone have mad hate coming towards her.

"Yo' mama cheated on me?" Isaac joked, but that shit wasn't funny.

"My mama don't fuck with broke ass niggas, so fuck are you talking 'bout?"

"Damn. Played ya life, fam." Smokey laughed.

"Speaking of, there her fine ass go right now." Kev pointed at the front of the cafeteria. At first I thought he was talking about my mama, but he was talking about Kehlani. She was walking and talking with some girl I don't know.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "You're fucking disgusting."

They all looked at me. "Nigga you tripping. You know baby girl fire." Smokey said.

"No. Nigga." I shook my head.

"Keep the front unlocked tonight, ight?" Isaac winked.

"Muhfucka you not coming to my house, the fuck?" I said, making them laugh.

"Looks like I might become ya brotha in law, X. Be right back." Smokey smirked and stood up. Kev looked at him sideways.

"Unh-unh, fuck boy. I called dibs on her first, nigga." He said. I laughed.

"My nigga, who in the hell says 'dibs' anymore?" I laughed. "You a square."

Smokey just laughed before making his way to Kehlani.

Kehlani

"Oh my God." Iyanna scoffed and rolled her eyes. I met her in my first period, and she one of the only girls who didn't care about me pulling up to school with X.

All day long, girls have been giving me dirty looks, asking me questions, or insulting me behind my back. I swear if another bitch disrespect me I'ma just snap.

"What?" I questioned.

"Smokey's coming over here. He's so annoying sometimes. He hangs out with X."

That figures.

"Hey ladies." He said as soon as he approached us. He was looking me up and down, and I chuckled. He was cute, but I could tell he was like the player type.

"Hey Smokey." Iyanna said in a bored voice.

"Who's this?" He gestured over to me.

"Smokey, this is Kehlani. Kehlani, Smokey." Iyanna said. I slightly waved at him, and he gave me a head nod.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go find us a seat, Kehlani." She said before walking off, leaving me with Smokey the bear.

"So, you a senior?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yup."

He nodded, then licked his bottom lip. "How old are you?"

"17, and yourself?"

"18."

I nodded. This was awkward.

"You got a boyfriend?"

I shook my head. "No."

He smiled, showing his perfect white teeth. "Good."

I arched my eyebrow and smirked. "Why is that good?"

"So I can get your number, and so you can come to my homeboy's party with me." He bit his lip.

"I didn't say you could." I challenged.

"But I did."

Mm, okay. I guess I could see what he has to offer.

"When's the party?" I held my hand out for his phone. He took it out of his pocket and unlocked it before handing it to me.

"Tonight, at 10:30."

After I put in my number and my name, I gave him back his phone. He looked down at the screen before smiling.

"I'll see you tonight?" He smirked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Okay." I walked away from him to go sit down with Iyanna. She looked at me before laughing.

"Okay, I see you, Kehlani." She smirked. I shook my head and laughed.

"Whatever."

-

"Is he cute?" Skyler asked. I nodded my head as I took a sip of my water. "Yeah, but he's a friend of X." I rolled my eyes.

She chuckled. "What's that supposed to mean, Kehlani?"

"I'm sure I told you about X." I shrugged. "Do the math."

"Just because he's his friend doesn't mean they're just alike.

I rolled my eyes. She always gotta be right. "Whateva. How everything been over there?"

"Girrrl!! Let me tell it!"

I laughed. "Damn. The tea is real?"

"Bitch it's real, it's hot, it's burnin', it is SCORCHIN'!"

"Bitch spill the tea! Drop it out the pot."

"Girl! So, Davion got jumped by Ray Ray and Markel, an' then Tyonna got pregnant not with one, but TWO babies, bitch yes!"

"Waiit, wait! Who she pregnant by? Ain't Davion her brother?"

"No, he her daddy ex-girlfriend son. Ray Ray is her blood brother. But he jumped Davion because guess what?"

"What boo?" I sipped my water.

"He her baby daddy! Girl, they been fuckin' like jackrabbits."

My jaw dropped. "Eeww!"

"Then Nae-Nae and Shana got in a fight because of Mario. You know him, always on his fuckboy shit."

I nodded. "Yup."

"And you remember Lil' CK?"

"Bitch who?"

"Chris? Chris Kelson?"

"Oh yeahhh! He was that bad ass little fat boy?"

She laughed. "Yeah. He got caught stealing candy from the liquor store and almost got sent to juvie."

I shook my head laughing. "That's a shame."

"It really is."

"Kehlani?!" I heard my dad yell from downstairs. "Yes?!" I answered. "Come here!" He said making me roll my eyes.

"Sky, I'll call you back, ight? I love youu!"

"I love you too boo! Bye!"

I ended the FaceTime call before rolling out of bed and jogging downstairs to greet my dad. "Yes, Dad?"

He looked at me. "Uh, niña, I have something to tell you."

I furrowed my brows. "What is it?"

"Janice and I are going out of town for a couple of weeks. We're going on a--"

"A business retreat. I know. When are you leaving?"

"Tonight. I trust that you and Jahseh will be fine and getting along?"

I nodded. "Yes Dad."

He nodded. "Alright, niña. Now go ahead." He dismissed me. I walked past him to the kitchen, where X was leaning on the island counter eating a plum. I just walked past him and went to the refrigerator to grab an apple.

"You know what your problem is?" I heard him say as I closed the refrigerator door. I looked at him before going to the sink and rinsing off my apple.

"If I knew, you wouldn't be tryin' to tell me." I looked at him as I bit my apple and sat on the other counter. "But please. Elaborate. What's my 'problem'?" I mocked.

"That's your problem. You're stuck up." He took another bite of his plum.

I arched my eyebrow. "Stuck up?"

"I didn't stutter."

"I'm not stuck up. I just don't tolerate bullshit." I shrugged. He rolled his eyes.

"So, what's up with you and Smokey?"

I shrugged as I bit my apple. "He's cool I guess. Why?"

"Just asking." He bit the last of his plum before tossing it in the trash. "Oh, and please don't tell me he invited you to go to this party with him."

I arched my eyebrow. "And if he did?"

"Don't go." He said in a warning tone. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"And you are...?"

He glared at me before walking out of the kitchen. I just shrugged my shoulders as I continued to devour the remains of my apple. Once I was done, I threw the apple core in the trash and headed towards my room.

On my way, I got a text message, and when I picked up my phone, it was an unknown number, but I assumed it was Smokey.

Unknown Number
Hey ✋

I smiled as I saved his name into my phone while I walked into my room and closed my door behind me. I began to text him back as I laid on my bed.

Smokey🐻

Hey 👋

So can u make it 2 the party??👀

Yes I can 👍

🙌😏

😂😊

So ill pick u up @ 11.. that coo ?

Yeah that's cool

Ight 😏

"Ugh, the way he texts is so annoying." I said to myself as I tossed my phone beside me. I stood from my bed and went into my closet, trying to figure out what I was going to wear tonight.

"Should I wear a top with some bottoms, or a dress?" I mumbled. Then I got an idea and picked my phone up before FaceTiming Skyler.

"Yes bitch?" She answered, rubbing her eyes.

"Were you sleep?" I asked her.

"No I was just listening to music. What's up?"

"Okay I got a question."

"Lay it on me."

"Should I wear a casual, but bomb look to the party, or should I wear a cute party dress?"

She made a thinking face. "Um, it depend on what your choices are."

I stood my phone up against my lamp so she could still see me while I got my outfits from my closet. I pulled out a maroon knit crop top and red camo pants, then I took out my grey knit sweater dress. When I showed Skyler, it looked like she was having a hard time deciding which was better.

"Well, it is a party, not a club. I say wear the red outfit and save the dress for something later."

I nodded. "Alright, let me get ready. I'm about to take a shower, I just needed your opinion. Thanks boo!"

"Alright. Tell me how it goes."

"I will. Bye. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye." She said before ending the call.

I put my dress back and grabbed what I was wearing before going into the bathroom to take a shower. When I was done doing my hygiene, I got dressed and brushed my hair before plugging in my curling iron.

There was a knock at my door. "Come in!" I yelled as I continued to do my hair. I saw X walk in my room from the corner of my eye.

"Lani, Smokey's here." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows at the nickname he just gave me.

"Lani?" I questioned.

"It's annoying saying your full name." He shrugged. Great, now he's giving me nicknames.

"So I guess I can start calling you Jahseh from now on?" I smirked. He just frowned before walking out of my room. I laughed as I continued to do my hair.

When I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before going to meet Smokey.

Once I made it downstairs, I saw Smokey and Jahseh talking. I cleared my throat to make my presence known. When Smokey saw me, he smirked.

"Hey, Kehlani. You ready?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Yeah."

As we began to walk out, Smokey asked Jahseh: "Aye, you coming with us man?"

I looked at Jahseh as he shook his head. "Nah I might not even go anymore, man."

Smokey nodded. "Ight man. Catch ya later." He said as he followed me out of the house. He led me to his car and opened the door for me. Once we were in and settled, he drove off as my phone vibrated in my hand. I looked down at it as the screen revealed a text from me.

X😑😒
be careful. 11:15 p.m.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I knowww you guys have been waiting foreverrr for me to update this book😔😭😭 I'm sorry

I have been soo busy it's not even funny 😭😭

Soo what y'all think??

Are Jahseh and Kehlani gonna get close or nah?👀

More coming up!! 😘

-Jay🕊👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 7 16
BOOK 3 IN THE MAFIA series ///// I moved around him towards the door but he caught my wrist. "Let me go! Please" I sobbed. "No, you're not going anyw...
4.1K 111 35
" I want you to stop trying to kiss my son's ass, that's no way to get promoted in this school. You also need to stop coming to see my wife, I don't...
45 0 24
I finish putting on my makeup and make sure I'm ready. I hear the doorbell ring and almost have a heart attack. I peek my head out my door hoping i...
27.8K 2.1K 28
I don't know why, but I wanted to see his eyes again, so I placed my hands on both sides of his face and turned him back. He looked at me as I looked...