Rise

Door maxine247

(Sequel to Strong, Truly Strong) Rise: Move from a lower position to a higher one. The countries now knew tha... Meer

Rise
The Morning After
Explanation
Trust
Staying Over
Meeting the Rest of North America
Worried
Restoring(?)
Hurt
Breath
Kayaking
Rise Up
Strong, Truly Strong, Phoenix, Rise

Little By Little

1.4K 56 5
Door maxine247

Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

England sighed as he walked out of the world meeting room, the meeting had ended early. He was the last one out, France had asked him if he was okay but he just told him that he wanted to be alone at the moment.

The man leaned on a nearby wall and slide down it. He put his head in his hands and just sighed.

He didn't know anymore.

He just didn't know.

His kids didn't trust him, well actually Canada was coming around a bit. He was talking to him more now which made him happy. But his son was going through something and couldn't talk to him about it.

Well..... when you think about it. He had brought this on himself.

Trust, it may be a small word.

But it sure was a powerful one.

"What's wrong with you?" A voice asked.

He looked up to see Massachusetts, "Life."

She sat down next to him, "I know right?"

He looked at her, "Don't you hate me? Why are you even bothering to talk to me?"

She sighed and looked at him, "I do hate you. But you looked miserable and I couldn't just pass you by like that. So, let me ask you again. What's wrong with you?"

"Let's just say when someone puts their trust in you. Don't be ignorant and break it."

"Ohhh, so your talking about Al."

He looked at her, "How'd you know- I mean.... How did you know!?!"

She shrugged, "I mean, when I ask him if your his dad, he stiffened. Like as if, he didn't know or wasn't comfortable talking about you. And based on your relationship with him....... you had to break some kind of trust with him."

He sighed, "I can't believe that I'm talking to a seventeen year-old girl-"

"It's 18."

He rolled his eyes, "Well excuse me, an eighteen year-old girl. But, if you must know. A long time ago, Alfred and his siblings put their trust in France, Spain, and myself. And we-we broke it, horribely. We're trying to make it up now but, they still don't trust us that much-" He sighed and blinked the tears back.  

She nodded, "I can see why. I don't know what you guys did to all of them. But I do know that you countries put Al through alot. Especially the Great Depression," She sighed, "That was pretty rough."

England closed his eyes and sighed "I know."

"I still wonder how he keeps going throughout all he's been through."

England stopped and thought about it. How did America keep going? "So do I," He sighed and looked at her," I'm so sorry about Boston."

Emma nodded, "You know, your not that much of a dick as I thought."

England sighed, "I'm such a horrible father, if he even sees me as that." 

"I think he does but just isn't sure he can trust you which would kinda explain why he stiffened when I asked if you were his dad," She got up, "I think you need to give him time and if he starts spending more time with you then he trusts you again. But that'll take awhile especially after whatever you did to break his trust," She walked away.

England looked out the window with only one thing on his mind.

What if America never trusted him again?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Spain was talking with Romano, who wasn't really listening, as they walked out a hallway. They passed by a window as they walked, causing Spain to walk back and look out it.

He smiled at the sight, Diego and Maria were playing football (Soccer) together while some of their younger siblings and South America watched.  

He looked at Romano, "I'll catch up with you later Roma," Romano just waved him off and walked away.

Spain walked outside to watch his son and daughter play.

Diego was right in front of Maria with the ball, he tried to kick it away from him but he quickly used his foot to move it to the right and started running with it towards the goal. She quickly ran back, kicked it away from him, and started kicking it towards her goal.

Diego ran after her, he was catching up. Maria was almost there too, when all of a sudden.

They both slipped and fell.

They both had forgot that it had rained a bit earlier

Spain laughed and walked over to help his children up. "You two did good," He looked Maria, "If the rain didn't mess you up, you would have scored."

"Yeah," She said, "At least I almost beat him."

Diego rolled his eyes, "Yeah right, you weren't even close, Shorty."

She pouted, "I'm not short!!"

"Your shorter than me, and I'm shorter than Al and Mattie by like an inch or two, and your shorter then me by an inch. So in conclusion, your short."

Maria all of a sudden, in the blink of an eye...

Tackled Diego to the ground and had his arm bent behind his back.

"I will break this!!!"

Diego struggled to get away, "Help!!" He shouted to his cousins and siblings, "Help!!"

"Say I'm not short!!!" Maria yelled.

"I'm not short!!!" He yelled.

"You know what I mean!!!"

Diego noticed Brazil and Argentina recording this, "Are you gonna stand there or help!?!"

"Stand here," They both said.

"Say it!!!" Maria yelled.

"Never!!!"

Diego looked at Spain with pleading eyes, "Please, I beg you, help me."

"I don't know mijo, Maria's only going to let you go if you say she's not short," He said.

"You changed," Diego said, shaking his head.

Maria moved his arm up higher, "I will break this!!!"

"Okay, okay, your not short!!! Your average height!!!"

Maria didn't move, "Do you mean it!?!"

Spain walked over and gently pulled his daughter off, "You had his arm behind his back, threatening to break it. I'm pretty sure he meant it, princesa."

"Just trying to make sure."

He laughed at his daughter and helped his son up who was trying to stay at least 3 feet away from Maria.

Diego shakily stretched out his hand, "Tie?"

Maria stretched out her hand and shook it, "Yeah, but next time I will beat you, and ever call me short again, I will," She leaned over to him and whispered into his arm.

Diego's face paled and Maria smirked.

"I'll go put the ball away," She said, bending over and picking up the ball. Diego took the goals. They all started to walk inside and the Mexicos walked into a huge closet. On the wall there was a hockey in a case that was very shiny, it looked expensive and had the North American Flags on it.

"What's that?" He asked.

They looked to where he was staring.

"Oh," Maria said, "That was a hockey stick we gave Mattie for Father's Day,  Alfie has his own too."

"Wow," Spain said, "It's very nice."

"We wanted the best for them," Diego said, "I mean, their not our fathers or anything. It's not like we had one," He muttered that last part, "But they basically raised us, took care of us, made sacrifices for us. There isn't any Brother's Day so yeah, we owe them so much for what they did for us and always will."

Maria nodded, "They sacrificed their childhood for us and were only like 6 themselves, that's just.." She shook her head, "We can never repay them for what they did for us. Every Father's Day, we send them flowers and candy, they said that we don't have to do it but.... it's the least we can do for all that they did."

This time Diego nodded, "And we're gonna keep doing this until we die."

Spain nodded, he had saw for himself how America and Canada had been forced to grow up so fast so they could raise the Mexicos. It broke his heart as he thought about that.

Sacrifice.

Maria had said that they had sacrificed their childhood for them. His heart broke even more at that.

Especially at the fact that....

It was true.        

He sighed, many nations including himself had called America lazy. When he wasn't at all. There wasn't a lazy bone in his body.

He sadly smiled at his kids, "They did a lot at a young age," He then frowned, "I should have been there for you all. I'm so sorry."

They were quiet, Maria just nodded, "We made it.. that's all that matters...... I guess."

Spain shook his head, "No, I'm your father, I should have been there for you. I should have been taking care of you all. America and Canada should have been like normal six year olds but instead they had to grow up to fast to raise you two when I should have. I put work into front of you all and," He shook his head, "That's just not right, and I can't take it all back but if I could, I would. I'm so so sorry."

They nodded, "It's in the pas-" Diego was cut off.

"Yes, it was in the past but that still doesn't make it right," Spain said, "I love you all, your my children who deserved better. Even though you all don't trust me that much just know that I'm so sorry, for not being there for you."

They nodded again, Maria still had the ball in her arms and looked at Diego, "Best 2 out of 3?"

He nodded, "Only if you don't try to break my arm again."

She laughed, "I promise," She turned to Spain, "Would you like to join us? You can be a referee."

Diego rolled his eyes, "I can take you both on."

"Yeah right," Maria said. She  turned back to Spain, "So, would you?"

Spain smiled, "I would love too," He and his children headed out and were joined by Mexico City who Maria made come play with them so the teams could be equal.

Spain was extremely happy that his children were starting to trust him again. Maybe not that much at the moment, just little by little.

It would take a lot of time by little by little, he would earn his children's trust again, just little by little.

And when that trust was completely restored.

He wouldn't do anything to break it ever again.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There a chap after this.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

24K 533 10
North and South America have been kidnapped !! It's up to the other countries to find them. Their fathers Portugal, France, England, and Spain are ha...
65.3K 2.7K 52
After WW2 Germany is seen as a monster. Because of him, Prussia was dissolved and is forced to live with Russia. Because of him, millions died and ma...
202K 5.5K 28
Strong: Being able to withstand great force or pressure. America was strong. His parents had abandoned him, he always was blamed for things, and was...
44.2K 1.3K 24
Confedrancy won, America's dead. The United States of America is now the United Confederate States of America. The whole world wants the good ole U.S...