Souls for Satan

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon wit... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 1

103K 2.8K 2.2K
By SianaghGallagher

*PLEASE READ MY AUTHORS NOTE*

Hello everyone, welcome to my story! 

Before you get reading, I just want to say that this is book SIX of a SEVEN book series, though you can still read it without getting confused. If you're going to follow the series, start with book 1 called: 'You Have Wings?'. You can find it on my profile! And at the end of book 1, you'll find the name of book 2 etc.

This book is original, and everything you read is intended only to entertain. I hope you enjoy!

(Also, it is based in the U.K. and I am English. Please try your hardest not to correct my 'British' spelling if you're from another country because not everyone spells words the same! A classic example: Colour and Color)

(NO COPYING)

- Sian

Those eyes were so rich with emotion, so pure with hatred, so vibrant with their spoiled colour of blood as they darted left and right, looking for their next victim.

Kaiden crouched behind a metal statue of a gargoyle, waiting for his master's commands. He was drawn into the eyes of someone so prevailing as his master sat on his throne. His dirty fingernails dug into the ends of his armrests and punctured the black leather. Drool dribbled down his chin from his heavy breathing, too angry to wipe it away.

"Lucifer, please, if you would consider calming down, we could-" the female voice stopped when he glared in her direction. His black hair fell over his eye, covering a scar.

"How dare you tell me what to do!" he spat and turned his head to face the trembling man, kneeling before him.

Kaiden was lurking in the shadows, just like the rest of his loyal workers. Nobody dared to cross the master's path when he was in such a livid state. The eighteen-year-olds cold eyes followed the golden skirting board along the ground until they landed on a skeleton head, which sat proudly on a red metal stick next to Lucifer's throne. He keeps it there because it is his most prized possession; the head of an elder angel.

"I apologise." The female bowed her head respectfully, and a smirk snaked its way onto the master's lips.

"He let her go. We nearly had another elder angel, AND HE LET HER GO!" he screeched, causing every living body to jump from his harsh tone. He was furious beyond belief, but tormenting this soul would make up for his extreme loss in rankings, viewed by the angels.

"P-P-Please, Master, it was an accident, I-I-"

SHUT IT!" he roared. Kaiden frowned when shivers stroked his arms. He hated it when the devil was in such a foul mood. It meant that he had to be careful with the rest of his day, not wanting to fall into his bad books. "You had one job, how could you be so careless!?"

The man whimpered, knowing there was no chance of him getting out alive. Nobody questioned Lucifer, not even his demons. And being in hell, there was only one place for his corrupted soul to go.

The devil leaned forwards until he was hovering over the end of his seat. Those eyes, so full of disgust. His jaw tensed, and his knuckles were white from how hard he gripped his chair. The drool hit his black jeans and made tiny, but audible splatters on the floor.

"Your life ends today."

Kaiden scrunched his nose in disgust as he flashed his repulsive yellow teeth. Didn't he care about his hygiene, even just a little bit? Leaning back against the metal, he listened to the screaming of the demon as he was dragged to the torture room.

Unbearable silence filled the room, and it grew incredibly awkward for the demons who could be seen by the devil. Making eye contact was the last thing they wanted as they kept their gaze firmly on the ground. The cold wooden floor was making Kaiden's knees numb while he crouched. He ached to leave but wouldn't until he received orders. The devil would burn him if he disobeyed.

"Do you know what will happen to him?" his rugged voice shivered down their spines. It was so bold and loud, even when he talked without strain. "I will tear his limbs off, one by one and watch as he bleeds to death." Even though Kaiden is a demon and he thrives on violence and enjoys watching torture, the thought made him uncomfortable, especially when it happened to another demon. "So," the devil sat forwards once again, his red eyes crazed and wild, "GET OUT BEFORE I DO THE SAME TO YOU!"

The demons in the posh hall started sprinting, bumping, and scrambling over each other in the process. It was a desperate chaos of who could reach the door first. Kaiden stood up and calmly slipped out without too much disruption. He is pretentious and powerful. Nobody dared to push him when the devil was unmistakably watching him.

Kaiden stood next to the exit and waited for his mother. She was the demon who spoke to the Devil but got rudely silenced. She works very closely with the lord and does everything she can to keep her position as his assistant.

"Mum," he grabbed her arm, causing her to jump and flash her black eyes. "It's just me," he warned with innocence.

"Kaiden, you have to stay away until you're needed, I don't want to see you get hurt."

"It's fine. We know what he's like when he's in this mood." Kaiden's dark eyes scaled the hallways of such a magnificently huge mansion. The deep red carpet carried mud from the many workers, trying to keep their master happy. Kaiden rubbed his boot along the floor and made his mark of filth on the ground. "I wish he wouldn't talk to you like dirt." Staring at the floor, his mother meant so much more to him than something to tread all over.

The woman reached up and ruffled his black hair. Kaiden jumped out of her grip, slightly embarrassed. Nobody could see their affection; it would alter his reputation.

"Well, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been able to keep you."

In hell, when a demon falls pregnant, it is a law for them to be separated from their children at birth, so the parents can continue with their jobs without emotional attachment. In the devil's eyes, children are too much of a distraction, and he didn't care how hurt the demons were. He has no children, therefore he doesn't care. However, Lucifer has grown a slight attachment of his own towards Meloras, Kaiden's mother. She has served him well for many years and somewhere in his beaten black heart, he values her loyalty and couldn't bear to see how distraught she was with the thought of losing her son.

So he did what nobody ever thought would happen and allowed her to keep Kaiden, under one rule that when he was old enough, he could train him to be the best soul catcher he could ever make. Meloras, being overjoyed that she could raise Kaiden herself, agreed and that is what her son has been doing for the past four years, catching mainly angel souls and feeding them to the devil.

"That's the only thing I will ever thank him for," Kaiden mumbled. "I would have found you if we did get separated."

"I know, but stop talking like that, not here."

Kaiden crossed his arms and thought about going to taunt human souls for a while. He felt bored and needed to waste some time before his next calling. He picked at the frayed denim of his jeans and said, "I haven't caught any high ranked angel's in a while. I hope that's my next mission."

"Son," Meloras warned. Kaiden rolled his eyes, but he pursed his lips, not wanting to say more. His mother hated it when he talked about angels with such a foul tongue. She would never tell him why, yet he frequently asked. It was always the same excuse, and that was because it's another life. There's a deeper meaning to her beliefs, he could tell.

"What? We are demons living in hell, and they are living in heaven, a life of luxury and happiness. They make me sick."

Meloras shook her head and stood up straight when her name bellowed through the double doors. The master was calling her.

"Jealousy will get you nowhere in life," she hissed and kissed him on his forehead. Kaiden pulled back with an angry scowl.

"And what life would you call this?" he yelled at her. They both flashed a smirk until she was out of sight, getting ready to fall into the hands of their foul leader.

Kaiden sighed and watched demons rush around, trying to get things cleaned, organised and done on time. He often found himself thinking about what life would be like if he was free. Would he spend his time exploring earth, scaring pathetic humans and killing angels? Or would he choose to stay within the gates of hell, living on orders and lingering with his own kind?

Unlike the usual demon, he was not hotwired to be like them. They have one way of thinking, and that was with violence and hate. They never consider both sides of a situation, and if it benefits them, they will take that option, always. Even though eighteen-year-old Kaiden felt heavily influenced by that, he still feels the smallest hint of empathy before it gets swallowed by his black heart. He could never tell anyone that because they would kill him in an instant, knowing he was different.

"Hey, you!" a woman shouted and ran up to him, throwing some towels in his direction. "Make yourself useful-"

Kaiden threw them back and dug his hands into his pockets.

"Get lost, don't tell me what to do." He stormed down the grand hallway, wanting to adventure outside to find something else to do. This manner is how demons talk to each other. They are not friendly, considerate, polite or pleasant. His relationship with his mother is one of a kind and very, very rare to find in the underworld. Even soulmates talk to each other and treat each other like dirt.

No demon will ever share a strong bond with another demon. They don't have the capability to deal with other feelings.

As Kaiden left the mansion, his eyes fell on a world where the only colour that is worshipped was that of a raging fire. Everything around him was dull; the sky was forever black, even the clouds. Hell was like one big village that sat on one big plot of thirsty land, lit by flames. Grass could not grow, plants would not dare to try. There was only the magnificent mansion for the devil and chambers for torturing souls. Demons didn't sleep so did they not require any homes, except for cleanse-houses. These were little huts for them to keep up with their hygiene. They lacked hunger and occasionally fed on malicious human souls.

Kaiden walked past a few new huts and almost walked into a group of female demons. They instantly swooned over him, loving his status as the highest ranked soul catcher. His black hair, short at the sides but long on the top fell over one eye, covering a deep scar that ran through his eyebrow, over his eyelid and finishing halfway down his cheek, much like the Devils himself. His eyes were a piercing amber, glistening in the dull atmosphere. His tall frame and muscular body were enough for other demon's to wish they could get mated with him.

He was devilishly handsome with a fine cut jawline and symmetrical features. Not a lot of demons were lucky enough to get deemed so beautiful like Kaiden; they envied his good-looks because they did not stand a chance against him, they appeared ugly, like their personalities. It was an unusual quality for him to possess. His smile, constantly cheeky and never happy. He has not yet in his lifeline smiled for compassion unless he is in the presence of his mother, but even then, feelings are somewhat forced, never natural.

"Oh Kaiden, why can't we be soulmates? I'm the best-"

"You're disgusting," Kaiden growled but that only made them fall for him harder, loving the hatred he sees for those who view him as someone to display their pleasure on. Walking away, he heard them talking about how they would plunge their souls into the torture pit for him. He didn't care if they did or didn't, he will never love anyone. He wasn't capable, no demon was, and no demon ever would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.8K 46
3rd in devil as of July 9th 2018 62th in heaven as of June 25st 2020 61th in soul as of June 25st 2020 I can't see their faces because the lights are...
255K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
2M 80.2K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...