My Husband's Girl

By aasthamishra_

Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, hi... More

My Husband's Girl
Introduction of Characters
Epigraph
Book - 1
1.1 - Alison Cullen
1.2 - Letting him go
1.3 - Helping him
1.4 - S.O.S Meeting
1.5 - Asking Him
1.6 - Drowning Sorrows
1.7 - Her Feelings
1.8 - Her Outburst
1.9 - The Gala [ I ]
1.10 - The Gala [ II ]
1.11 - Trip to Miami
1.12 - The Holiday
1.13 - Beach Day
1.14 - The Accident
1.15 - Aiden Clarke
1.16 - The Surprise
1.17 - His Jealousy
1.18 - The Kiss
1.19 - Happy Wedding Anniversary
1.20 - The Bacheloratte Night
1.21 - The Wedding
1.22 - Goodbyes
1.23 - The Funeral
1.24 - Sapphire Kingsley
Book - 2
Introduction Of Characters
2.1 - Her New Life
2.2 - His Proposal
2.3 - Nathan
2.4 - His Blue Eyes
2.5 - Alison or Sapphire?
2.6 - Dine With The Cullens
Extra - 1
2.7 - The Dinner
2.8 - Visit to the Doctor
2.9 - The Baby Shower.
2.10 - The Phone Call.
2.11 - The Ride.
Extra - 2
2.12 - The Storm
2.13 - The DNA Test
2.14 - Goodbye Dinner
2.15 - The Interview.
2.16 - His Arrival
2.17 - New Home
2.19 - Comforting Him
2.20 - The Note
Extra - 3
2.21 - The Carnival
2.22 - Treasure Hunt [ I ]
2.23 - Treasure Hunt [ II ]
2.24 - Let the Game Begin.
2.25 - Partner in Crime
2.26 - A Day with Emily
2.27 - The Baby
2.28 - Story of Alison Cullen
2.29 - Taking a Break
2.30 - The Kidnapping
2.31 - Saved and Lost
2.32 - The Decision
Epilogue
A/N
Bonus Chapter - 1
Author's Note
FAQ

2.18 - The Talk

231K 8.6K 578
By aasthamishra_

Playlist :
     Curiosity - Havington

Alison/Sapphire

It's been two weeks since we moved in with the Cullens. So far everything is good, atleast for the kids. They love living here since the house provides them more than enough, place to run and play around. I think the twins have become more mischievous than before. With Nathan and Ryker's brain along with Raine's innocent face, they make the the perfect trio for disaster. Poor Charlie is always their target. He can't even go to shower without coming out screaming for his dear life.

Me? I'm actually getting my much needed sleep. Since Marie look after the kids I get up a little late in mornings and Steven finally gave me the thumbs up three days ago. So I come back early in evenings and spend some time with the kids. We play in the backyard and it's fun everytime and by we, I mean the kids, myself and Marie. The kids really bring out our inner kid. Ashley came in a few days ago and when she realised I stay here along with the twins, she was beyond furious. I could still see her red face with her hands balled up in fists by her sides, I was sure her nails were digging in her palms. She stared at the three of us for few moments before storming off. That was the last time I saw her. I have no idea where she stays and seems like Ian doesn't either and I have a vague feeling that he doesn't care, not that I have seen him.

That puts a comma to my doubts of him and Ashley murdering Alison. If they did it so that they can be together, I doubt they will be in terms.

My brain tells me to stay out of his matters, it's his personal life and that's none of my business but my heart wants to find out the truth. Maybe my curiosity is getting the best of me. I'm still contemplating whether I 'should' or I 'shouldn't'?

Ian

His name was enough for me to bring a smile on my face. Even in my thoughts he had my undivided attention. His laugh, his smile, his smirk and those beautiful ocean blue eyes that swirl with an unknown emotion whenever they land on me. Whenever we talk I get the feeling like he is holding himself back. He wants to say much more then those words that rolls out of his tongue. I feel so awful about it. I want him to talk to me without a barrier between us.

Accidentally once Marie's tongue slipped and she told me how Ian's been beating himself up for six years. He drowned himself in his work and whatever time he spent home, he stays with Nathan and give him his time. I asked her why was he like that but she changed the topic quickly.

I am sure that everyone is hiding something from me. It makes my decision swing more towards the 'should' side. Truthfully I want to choose the 'should' side. So I finally concluded my decision and decided to feed my curiosity. I will unravel the mystery that is named as Ian. All my questions are somehow related to him and I will find all the answers.

With a new ditermination in my eyes, I sat up straight and exhaled deeply. The autum wind sprinted past me silently saying me that I made the right decision. A small smile graced my lips and lifted my legs to make them rest on the stair just below me. I wrapped my palm around the white mug in my hand and watched it blow white smoke from inside. I swirled the cup a little and bought it between my lips and took a sip of my bitter-sweet coffee. The warmth cascaded down my throat making me sigh. I licked my lips before my eyes snapped back in front of me going back to take to the beautiful scenery.

I fall in love with it everytime I see it. The earth was wrapped up in a blanket of neatly trimmed green grass with huge trees surrounding it, guarding it from any wicked people that decided to cut this piece of land and built a huge skyscraper. An outline of humongous mountains would stand in far front of us as if it's kept there to hide the sun under it every evening and then set it free every morning. Sadly all I could see was a black outline because the moon refuse to grace it with its light, it stubbornly stood above the house and shone its shine on us and half of the grassland. A leaf falling off a tree caught my attention.

Fall, such a beautiful season. It's probably my second favourite, first being monsoon. I think that fall indicates the symbol of letting go. Every year the tree looses something so precious to it, it grieves for the loss and takes comfort from the white snow but eventually new leaf grows and completes the tree once again. In short it teaches us when someone leaves, our life doesn't stop. It goes on.

However my kids think otherwise. They like winter the most. There are only reason to their liking for this particular season. 1) Snow 2) Christmas.

They don't like Christmas because they get present, well maybe a little but the main reason is because it's their 'Pranks Day'. They do pull pranks everyday but on Christmas they will make you yell 'Why the hell is it Christmas today?'. Trust me I yell it every year. Once I woke up to my face painted fully black and I mean it when I say it full. I was the human replica of the black faced moon emoji. I had to stay home for three days because it was not a face paint. By the end of the third day my face had become bright red because of the way I was scrubbing it everyday. I did give the twins silent treatment for the entire time the ink was on my face. They vowed to never pull such prank on me because my silent treatment is worse. I don't talk or even look at them. Ofcourse I felt bad a little. Whenever I thought I'll forgive them, a mirror glares back at me and my anger returns in full speed.

I don't know what the twins will be planning this year. Something tells me this year it's gonna be worse given they have an added member in their group. Nathan.

I wouldn't have thought for him to be this mischievous but then looks can be decieveing. The saying perfectly fits with him, he looks all innocent and cute but from inside he is the brother of satan, just like my kids. No wonder the three are stuck together like glue.

My thoughts took a sharp turn towards tomorrow. Tomorrow is the pay day. I'll be getting my salary. My thoughts of it being a high pay was flushed down the drain as I was making a list of the things that needs to get paid, earlier this evening.

In the end I'm only left with a $100. Even if I try to cut some stuff out I will save more $100 maximum but I can't do thay since most of the things are related to the kids. Their school fees, school supplies, Raine's medicines etc. The manager did tell me that I'll get a raise when I complete my three months. The raise will be more then enough for me but still I have to wait for three months.

Although I'm greatful for Ian letting me stay in this beautiful house but I can't stay here for three months. He refuses to even let me pay a rent. I thought maybe I'll buy our own food but the glare Marie gave me still chills my bones. That woman can get angry when she wants to be and something tells me I don't want to get her angry on me.

If I use the insurance money that I'll be getting later this week. I'll have close to nothing left for my future. Obviously $200 in my bank can't secure my future and by my future I mean by my kids. They are not even big enough to earn, if that was the situation I wouldn't have to worry so much but they are still six.

I have no idea how I am going to raise them. Oh Caleb! I miss you so much right now. Although I wouldn't have accepted his money, atleast I could've used his comfort. Right now I'm finding myself alone with no way in front of me. It would have been easier if I were the only one I needed to look after but I have two more lives to think of and honestly I wouldn't have it in any other way. Those two always come before me.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" A masculine voice chimed behind me scaring the living daylights out of me. I yelped and clutched my chest. Turning around, I lifted my head a little to look into his blue eyes. Ofcourse he has to be here. "Don't scare me like that." I glared at him while focusing on calming down my beating heart but it continued to beat faster when I heard his deep chuckle and felt him walking towards me. He sat down on the porch stair, beside me. My breathing stopped for a moment when our shoulders brushed. I blamed the cold winds for my goosebumps. I don't even want to think about the actual reason because I'm sure it won't do me any good right now as I tried to calm my erratically beating heart.

"Slow down you traitor." I hissed very lowly. "Did you say something?" He asked. I quickly looked at him with wide eyes and shook my head left and right. His blue eyes held nothing but pure amusement in it.

I rolled my eyes and looked back ahead. Luckily my heart was beating normally now but my breathing was still a bit shaky because of the human being sitting beside me. Every single time I inhaled I could get a teasing whiff of his colonge and I found myself leaning a little to smell the heavenly smell a little more. My eyes widened at that realisation and I sat back straight. I scooted away a little and looked at his oblivious face from the corner of my eyes.

"You didn't answer my question." He said and continued to look in front. Question? What question? "Oh! Nothing. I wasn't thinking of anything." I lied through my teeth. "You can't lie to me you know that, don't you?" He asked. The only answer he got from me was a clearance of my throat.

I sighed after a few moments of silence. How can this man get me to talk just by being silent was beyond my reach. "Tomorrow is the pay day and I was thinking about hunting for a rental home but the money will vanish in the same speed it will come to me." I said and chuckled. "So I'm planning on using the insurance money." I said.

"Do you mind if I tell you something?" He asked just when I was about to think that he wasn't going to reply.

"Yes?" I answered but it came out more like a question. He chuckled a little before getting all serious. "You can stay here you know. No need of worrying about being a liability to us because trust me you are anything but that. You can use the money to fullfill the twins necessities and save the money from the insurance for emergency because right now you need money more then you need a home. You can work at the restaurant for few months and save up so that you can buy a house of your own. The kids are going to grow up and you don't expect them to live in the same room or change location everytime the contract ends? As much as I know you, you wouldn't want that. I know the situation on you is really bad but you need to be patient and think of the future instead of your today." He said calmly.

"Besides the twins like it in here. I can see it in their eyes. Also Nathan is more then happy to have you'll here. I've never seen him so happy before. Even Marie and all the staff likes you. Now if my counting is right you have more reasons to stay then to leave but obviously the choice is yours in the end." He said.

I took in everything he said. Every word he uttered was right. I have more reasons to stay then to leave so why should I leave? I personally like staying here. So heck yeah I'm gonna stay here but instead of saying that I found myself asking something that even shocked me. "What do you think?"

He whipped his head towards me and our eyes locked. The same unknown feeling passed through me making me aware of my fast breathing. "I want you to stay." His pink lips finally moved. My heart stopped for a second. A smile graced my lips showing my happiness. "Then I will." I said and blushed. That was so corny.

Before I turned my head I saw him grinning like a kid who won his favourite toy car.

Silence was followed later but it wasn't the kind of silence that made me search my mind for something to talk. I enjoyed the silence and as much I could read Ian he enjoyed it too but I broke it moments later by saying something that made me regret the moment I said it.

" I had no idea there could be a part of Chicago so beautiful, only decorated by mother nature. Your ex- wife must have surely been a lover of nature, just like me. If your ex-wife would have been alive I'm sure we would be best friends. She's practically my shadow." I said. I expected him to stiffen or act like I never spoke but what I didn't expect for him was to burst out laughing. I frowned and looked at his laughing form.

He threw his head back and continued laughing like I've just said that the earth is pink. I scowled at him when he didn't stop for few minutes. What felt like hours his laughter subsided leaving a trace behind in the form of his chuckles. He lifted his chiseled hand and wiped the corner of his eyes.

"What's so funny?" I asked with the scowl still on my face. "Nothing. Just imagining you and my ex-wife being best friends and talk to each other." And with that he started laughing again. I watched for a second, two seconds, three seconds, ten seconds and then I had enough. I stood up with a huff and turned around to walk away but stopped when he held my wrist. "I'm sorry. Don't go." He said, all traces of humour leaving his face. Is this man bipolar?

I looked at him and sighed heavily before walking back and taking my previous seat.

I didn't want to ask him why he was laughing because I think I won't be liking the answer. "Hold on just a minute!" Ian turned his body to face me with narrowed eyes. "How do you know that I had an ex-wife who died?" He asked. My eyes widened, I was sure my face was a tomato by now.

Stupid Sapphire and your stupid big mouth! Can't you shut up for a minute? I scolded myself. Now how will I say to him that there is this girl at the restaurant who is my friend and she slipped some information. Okay for once I can say that but how will I bloody say to him that I goggled him? That. Will. Be. Super. Embarrassing.

"Oh! Uh... Um... I.. I.. I actually heard from somewhere." I said trying to get my way through but ofcourse he didn't believe me. Instead he just smiled a secret smile and looked away. Okay it's confirmed he is bipolar.

Again silence was followed and this time I am glad I wasn't the one to break it. "You know I've never seen Nathan so happy. Infact I've never even seen him running around this house." He said "But since you and the twins arrived he is enjoying his childhood just the way I wanted him to." He said with a lazy smile making me smile too but my smile faded as I remembered I wanted to talk to him about it.

"About that. Can you tell me how was Nathan's behaviour before we came? In detail please." I asked. He frowned in confusion at me but answered anyway. "He always stayed in his room. He didn't talk to anyone much and stayed mostly to himself. He doesn't even allow Marie to enter his room or change his clothes or even run a shower for him. At first I thought he wants to be alone but later I began to worry about him because he made his room, his home. I tried talking to him but he always said that this is what he likes and pleaded me to be the way it is. I really tried but nothing worked. As he grew his isolation only increased and the only way I could meet him was if I go to his room. Before he used to come to mine but later her just stopped. I was about to consider a doctor but since he started going to school he started to show changes. He began talking and smiling again. I didn't even know who Nathan was until we stayed at your place." He said and smiled.

"Do you have any idea why Nathan wears long sleeves shirt and long pants?" I asked. "Yeah, because he loves to." He answered. Ofcourse Nathan said that. He is too clever for his age and honestly a better liar.

I closed my eyes and shook my head at him. When I opened them back I looked at him, looking at me in confusion.

"Ian! I think Nathan is being abused."

******

Hello bitches and douches!! (Although I doubt there is a male who reads my story)

What's your reaction for another surprise update? It's because it is my baby brother's birthday and I'm super happy. What other way to express my happiness than to update MHG? So here it is. I hope you guys like it.

Next update on Saturday 12:00 p.m IST.

All love,
Aastha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 3.6K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...
18.2K 1.1K 31
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
2M 64.9K 40
"Ian? Please. Why are you not answering me?" Lisa shouted raising her voice to probably gain his attention. "You want to know the truth?" Ian replied...
379K 37.1K 72
| 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | Akanksha, a forensic expert and her husband Vihaan, a CBI officer must work together through the gulf in their marriage to catch...