There's a Thin Line Between L...

By brxanna

Jesse has never been great with words, especially when it came to the girl who stole his heart the second the... More

Jesse's POV (1)
Jesse's POV (2)
Jesse's POV (3)
Jesse's POV (4)
Jesse's POV (5)
Jesse's POV (6)
Jesse's POV (7)
Jesse's POV (8)
Jesse's POV (9)
Jesse's POV (10)
Jesse's POV (11)
Jesse's POV (12)
Jesse's POV (13)
Jesse's POV (14)
Jesse's POV (15)
Jesse's POV (16)
Jesse's POV (18)
Jesse's POV (19)
Jesse's POV (20)
Jesse's POV (21)
Jesse's POV (22)
Jesse's POV (23)
Jesse's POV (24)
Jesse's POV (25)
Jesse's POV (26)
Jesse's POV (27)
Jesse's POV (29)
Jesse's POV (30)
Jesse's POV (31)
Jesse's POV (32)
Jesse's POV (33)
Jesse's POV (34)
Jesse's POV (35)
Jesse's POV (36)
Jesse's POV (37)
Jesse's POV (38)
Jesse's POV (42)
Jesse's POV (43)
Jesse's POV (44)
Jesse's POV (45)
Jesse's POV (Epilogue)

Jesse's POV (28)

10.1K 280 15
By brxanna

I was eager to see Jordan today, because she said that she was going to tell Dallas how she really felt. It was making me a little anxious, because Jordan gives into guilt easily. He could give her a sad look and she'd probably tell him she loved him. Again.

I could hear someone walking on the porch outside of the cabin, but I didn't pay much attention to who it was. After I heard a soft mumbling of voices, I tried listening in, but it was useless. It was only a few moments later when someone knocked on the door, allowing me to open it right away.

Jordan stood there, a hand covering her face, as Alex grinned widely behind her. She removed her hand from her face, dropping it down to her side. Her smile grew when she saw me, making me smile as well.

"You look... upset," I pointed out, stepping out of the way of the door to let Jordan enter.

"Not upset. Just... unamused," she answered, walking right by me. Alex trailed in after her, and I could tell there was something he wanted to blurt out.

"Did you break it off with Dallas?" I asked, shutting the door and turning toward her. I didn't want to sound like I had been worrying about it all day, even though I had. "You did tell me that you were going to go do that... did you?"

"Yeah," she answered, shrugging. I let out a breath, concerned about why she was looked upset.

"Then why do you look upset?" I voiced my thoughts, feeling worried. Was she upset about breaking it off with Dallas? Did she still have feelings for him? Or did something else happen that I wasn't notified of?

"Unamused," she corrected me, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why do you look unamused?" I repeated, making sure to use the correct word this time.

"Because everyone knows she's in love!" Alex sang, making my eyes widen.

"What?" I blinked, looking between both Jordan and Alex. "How did they find out?"

"Because she danced with him last night," Alex said before Jordan could explain herself. Confused, I continued looking between the two of them. When I saw the flat look Jordan was giving him, I guessed Alex was just teasing.

"What?" I asked, blinking once again.

"Yep, everyone knows about her secret burning passion for Hunter," Alex continued talking, placing a hand over his heart. "Quite sickening, if you ask me."

Jordan spun around, slapping his arm as hard as she could. It had no effect on him, but that didn't stop her from shouting. "Burning? Out of every single word in the English language, you pick burning?

Alex laughed loudly, scratching the back of his head. Passion for Hunter? Did I hear that correctly? I waited for an explanation, that I probably wouldn't be getting for awhile.

"I thought it fit pretty well. You know, burning and Blazing Brothers? Get it?"

"I get it," Jordan replied flatly.

"Hello?" I interrupted, in case they had forgotten that I was still there. "Want to go back to why you're unamused? What's with this burning passion that he's talking about?"

"Dallas and my friends think I like Hunter," Jordan replied, turning toward me with her hands on her hips. "They think I like him just because I danced with him last night. Isn't that ridiculous? It's Hunter! They might not know what he's like, but it should have been obvious just by the way we were looking at each other! They couldn't see how much I hate Hunter!"

"There's a thin line between love and hate," Alex sung after Jordan had finished explaining.

"We know," both Jordan and I replied flatly in unison.

Jordan looked as though she was going to continue, but Alex cut her off with a bark of laughter. "Isn't it hilarious?" He asked, turning to me and wiping his eyes with one hand as the other clutched his stomach. "Everyone thinks she likes- loves, even- Hunter! Ah, that's so priceless!"

The look on Jordan's face was a mix of annoyance and confusion. Probably directed toward Alex, since he was crying with laughter, but a moment later, I was doubling over in laughter myself.

"Ridiculous," she scowled, watching as Alex fell on the floor.

"Sorry, Jordan," I chuckled, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. Alex still hadn't stood up from the floor. "But that really is funny. It shouldn't be, but it is."

"I'm not laughing," she said, raising her hands a little.

"You should be!" Alex called from the floor, not bothering to stand up. He finished laughing uncontrollably, and Jordan looked as though she wanted to start beating him up. It still wouldn't have affected him. "It's really funny if you think about it!"

Ignoring his comments, Jordan changed the topic. "Where are all the other guys that live here?" She asked, glaring as Alex pretended to have trouble standing up. She rolled her eyes, turning to me. "They never seem to be here. Ever."

"Because they're always out with their girlfriends," Alex answered before I could, jumping to his feet and standing next to me. "But Jesse and I? We have to deal with you."

"How flattering," Jordan glared, crossing her arms.

"I know."

"What about your friends?" Jordan now turned toward me. I knew exactly which friends she was talking about, and I had no idea what was going on with them. I barely spoke to them. "Those fools have girlfriends, too?"

I shrugged, not caring much about what they did. "I don't really know. I kind of stopped hanging out with them ever since we got here."

Her eyes widened. "Then who do you hang out with now?"

"Himself," Alex smirked, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "He always stays in the cabin all the time like a hermit."

As he was caught off guard, I raised my arm and elbowed in the stomach. Alex yet out a shout, doubling over and holding onto his side. Jordan looked surprised that I actually hurt Alex, but it was all because he was caught off guard and I hit him in just the right place.

"I hang out with this doofus here," I answered Jordan's question, pointing my thumb toward Alex who was trying to straighten himself up.

"Yeah, he has a very loving way of showing friendship," Alex groaned, stepping away from me. "But now, if you excuse me, I'll go hang out with my girlfriend so you two can have your lovey-dovey time alone together. The sexual tension is radiating off both of you like heat radiates off the sun..."

"Alex!" Jordan shouted loudly, covering her mouth soon after.

He winked, opening the door and stepping outside. "See you later."

After the door shut, Jordan and I continued to stand there in silence. What were we supposed to say after Alex just shouted something like that?

"He's so embarrassing," Jordan broke the silence, crossing her arms. "It's like he lives to tease me or something. How could someone like that be in a gang?"

"He's one hell of a fighter," I said, sitting on my bed. I gestured for Jordan to come and sit next to me, which she happily agreed. "And it's almost like he's immune to pain or something. What happened right there was just because I caught him off guard. If we were fighting or something, unless I shot or stabbed him, he'd be alright."

"Are you immune to pain?" She asked, poking my shoulder.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I can only wish I was."

"So how did you get away without that Blazing Brothers symbol on your back?" She now asked, motioning to the back of her neck. "I saw Alex's and it looked like it really hurt. How did you manage to get away from something so horrible like that?"

"I may not be immune to pain like Alex is, but I'm a pretty fast runner," I told her, remembering what happened after Hunter had seen Erica and I together. "You'd notice if you paid any attention in gym."

I flicked her in the forehead lightly, getting her attention but not hurting her. Jordan didn't respond to me right away, and I started worrying that something might have been wrong. Before I could ask, she leaned in and pressed her lips against mine.

She leaned back on the bed. Our lips didn't separate once as I adjusted myself so I wouldn't hurt her.

Jordan broke away too quickly, but we stayed in the same position. Oh, God. Something was wrong.

"About Erica," she said, taking a breath. "I know that you didn't do anything with her, but did you ever... Tell her about me?"

"I told them all about you," I admitted, looking away in embarrassment. This question was going to come up sooner or later, but I still wasn't expecting her to ask me, especially since we were in the middle of making out. "They were asking why I was messing up all the time and they could always tell when I was lying. They didn't know what you looked like or anything, but they always knew that a girl named Jordan Emery was always on my mind."

"Aw," Jordan cooed, and I made a face.

"So that's probably why Erica hates you so much," I shrugged, trying to remember how she treated Jordan. "I'm sure she'd remember your name. She hung onto practically every word I ever said, and when she heard that there was another girl that already had my heart, she was pissed."

"That must be why she calls me Ugly," Jordan grumbled, looking away.

"That's probably it," I nodded. "She's jealous because you're the one I fell in love with. She was just trying to make you feel bad."

"But Erica's beautiful," Jordan sighed, averting her eyes from looking at me.

"She's pretty, but nothing compared to you," I said truthfully with a smile. I would never understand how she didn't believe she was beautiful. I really hoped it had nothing to do with me teasing her, because I never would've meant to hurt her. I'd tell her that a million times, just to make her believe it.

I still wasn't used to dating Jordan. The fact that we were now together still made me think that I was going insane. When she told me she loved me during prom, I thought I was hallucinating. But I wasn't. Jordan loved me. She loved me.

"But Hunter always knew my name?" She asked now, and I nodded. "That's really, really creepy. I can't believe Erica ever liked someone like him."

"She was one of many," I told her with a sigh. Do girls naturally like game leaders? Or psychopaths? "He had girls fawning over him left and right. He still looks like he's in high school, too. So that means younger girls going after him as well. But even when he had a bunch of girls going after him, he still didn't like anyone but Erica."

"Okay, enough about that crazy psychopath and his gang," Jordan shook her head, turning to look up at me. "As much as I would love to just lay around here making out all day, you share this cabin with seven other guys. It would be fine if Alex came in and caught us, but not the other six. So scratch that..."

"Aw," I whined, causing Jordan to stick out her tongue. "What about your cabin?"

"I live with seven other girls," she reminded me.

I pursed my lips, thinking for a second. "Oh, yeah."

"So we can't make out," Jordan informed me with a smile.

"Damn," I muttered, causing her to giggle. She stretched up and kissed me, but pulled away right after.

"I can't even think of a place we can both be alone together," Jordan said. I thought about all the places on the camp that weren't covered with people. None were coming to mind.

"I can't think of anything either," I sighed, closing my eyes and falling down on the bed beside her.

"There's the dock, but we risk someone seeing us during the day," she said, tapping a finger against her chin. "There are people crawling all over this place. Unless we get Alex to be a bodyguard or something and have him hang out in front of the door all day like a bouncer at a bar I guess we're out of luck."

"Wait a second," I grinned, as a new idea came to mind. "I know what we could do."

"What?" She asked, sitting up and staring at me. This plan was perfect! We'd be alone, and it would help Jordan.

"Go back to your cabin and put your swim suit on," I demanded, pushing her off the bed and toward the door.

"What?"

"Just go!"

Jordan rolled her eyes, heading toward the door. Right before she closed it, I yelled, "And not Aimee's swim suit!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Where are you taking me?" Jordan asked, covering up her body with the towel she brought. "And why are we both wearing swim suits?"

"It's a surprise," I winked, remembering the directions I took to get to Aimee's party.

"The last time I was in a car with you, it broke down," Jordan frowned. "And then I met your old gang's leader. Are you driving me to go meet your current gang's leader?"

I whistled. "Shoot. You found out..."

She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "You know I can't swim, Jesse. You had to save me. Remember?"

The tone in her voice was a little lower than usual, and I'm sure neither of us wanted to remember that day she almost lost her life.

"I remember," I nodded, keeping my eyes glued to the road. "Don't worry, Jordan. You won't drown or anything, I promise you that. And anyway, if I saved you once, I can save you again."

"That doesn't sound very promising," she grumbled, crossing her arms and staring out the window.

I laughed, causing the conversation to die down. Neither of us said anything else until I pulled into the lot. The second I parked, I ran over to Jordan's door, opening it for her. I didn't want her to see where we were until we were actually inside.

"No peeking," I teased, covering her eyes as I guided her toward the entrance. There was a lock, but it only took me a few seconds to pick it.

I guided Jordan near the pool, but not close enough that she could fall in the second we got here. I finally took off my hands, allowing her to look at the clear water that filled the pool.

"I'll walk back to the camp," Jordan turned around and started marching away before I stopped her.

"Nope, I'm teaching you how to swim," I grinned, dragging her toward the steps of the pool.

"That's not a good idea," she protested as she started to shake. It was a nice day out, and we had nothing to lose. "Swimming isn't something that I'm ever going to have to do in my life! I don't have to learn!"

I rolled my eyes, the water coming up to my shins. "Oh, come on. What are you going to do when your kids are old enough and they want to learn to swim?"

"You can teach them," Jordan told me with pride. She was so confident with what she said, I couldn't think of anything to say in return. My face began heating up, but I looked down, hoping she wouldn't notice. When I looked up again, her cheeks were bright pink.

We were starting to drift apart, and I let go of her arm so I could swim out a little bit deeper. I tried thinking of something witty to say back, but nothing was coming to mind. All I could think about was how Jordan practically just said I was going to have her kids.

"So... you want to have my kids, huh?" I smirked, hoping the pink on my face had faded already.

"Um... Uh..." She tried thinking of something to cover it up. "Um... Why is there no one here?"

She switched the topic, but I knew I'd have to ask her about it sooner or later. "It's closed," I said with a smirk.

"Closed?" Jordan asked. "How did we get in here if it's closed?"

"Lock picking comes in handy when you're in a gang," I sung, flicking some water at her. As she was caught off guard, I grabbed her hand, pulling her down another step. As I continued to hold her hands, she stepped farther and farther into the water.

As she put down her foot on a step, she slipped and let out a scream. I didn't remove my hands from hers, letting her fall into my arms.

"If you wanted me to hold you, Jordan, you could have just asked," I smirked, wrapped my arms around her waist a little bit tighter.

"Hey, I just realized that you stopped calling me Emery," she pointed out, switching the topic. I actually stopped awhile ago, she just never noticed.

I shrugged, realizing how close she was to me. Her bare stomach was against mine. I felt my face heat up once more, but I didn't think she noticed. "I'd always use your name with other people and in my thoughts and such," I admitted. "I just kept calling you Emery to keep up the act of being your enemy."

Jordan nodded, and I took this as an opportunity to place my lips against hers. We were finally alone, surrounded by a small body of water. Since the place was closed, there was no way anyone could walk in and see us. All I knew was that I was finally alone with Jordan, and we could kiss for as long as we wanted.

This is all I ever wanted since I've met her, and now I finally had her.

"Hey, you brats! We're closed today!" Someone called out, causing Jordan and I to break apart. An aggravated worker stood before us, a cleaning tool in his hands. How could I forget about the workers? "Go take this orgy somewhere else?"

We both exited the pool hastily, wrapping our towels around our bodies that were still dripping with water. He looked angry, but both Jordan and I ran away before he could yell at us further.

We finally entered my car, out of breath from running. Instead of starting the engine, I turned toward Jordan and she did the same. We just stared at each other for a few seconds before we broke out into fits of laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 73.2K 56
Emery Ashford had a smart mouth. She was known for it. As an outgoing teenager Emery was always hanging out with friends and with a lack of filter sh...
61.9K 3.4K 24
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination. "You have no emotions, you don't feel, you don't empathize......and you don't love," he told me...
29.9K 1K 28
ARI ANDERSON declared hate to be a strong word at a young age, a word that she only used for two people. Jayden Moore, her childhood bully, and Jorda...
211K 9.5K 41
Raegan Hunter is complicated. She's been through the worst. She has layers. She's terrified of uncertainty and change and she's made a habit in avoi...